April 30, 2024, 10:11:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #19 8/05/10 - 8/27/10  (Read 432168 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2060 on: August 23, 2010, 02:00:13 PM »

Bearly Wrote: Green Eyes, I am glad your granddaughter updated her phone, she can do that on line too, I believe.   

We found that out when we got there. But we didn't know what was wrong with it to begin with.  The other problem was her moms computer with all the apple ipod stuff on it has crashed. Then my dang server has such a low limit on downloads  we couldn't have download all the updates anyway.
I was so excited because we found a server that was in our rural area that doesn't have any limits and cheaper. Called them was already and because of the trees couldn't do it. Without putting over a 20 foot pole on the roof. To receive the radio signal. So that's out. 
GreenEyes we are in the same situation being out in a rural area, it is frustrating. 
Same here..no DSL or cable out here. Satelite dish needs clear view of southern sky so would have to cut down beautiful old growth white oaks(NOT) or put a post with the dish on a hill and put the cables underground to the house for installation. First it would cost a fortune and I fear it would be a lightning rod directing the lightning through the cable into the house. So am stuck with dial up

We have a clearing on the south side of the house so we could get satelite. Hubs put a pole in the ground that  reaches about 5 feet above the roof. I know every time there is lightening I unplug the computer. For just that reason I feel like it's a lightening rod. What really gets me is they never once told me or hinted that there was a limit to the downloads.  I would cancel but with daughter working from home on her computer she can't use dial up she would have to work 24/7 to get in an 8 hour day.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2061 on: August 23, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »

Bearly Wrote: Green Eyes, I am glad your granddaughter updated her phone, she can do that on line too, I believe.   

We found that out when we got there. But we didn't know what was wrong with it to begin with.  The other problem was her moms computer with all the apple ipod stuff on it has crashed. Then my dang server has such a low limit on downloads  we couldn't have download all the updates anyway.
I was so excited because we found a server that was in our rural area that doesn't have any limits and cheaper. Called them was already and because of the trees couldn't do it. Without putting over a 20 foot pole on the roof. To receive the radio signal. So that's out. 
GreenEyes we are in the same situation being out in a rural area, it is frustrating. 
Same here..no DSL or cable out here. Satelite dish needs clear view of southern sky so would have to cut down beautiful old growth white oaks(NOT) or put a post with the dish on a hill and put the cables underground to the house for installation. First it would cost a fortune and I fear it would be a lightning rod directing the lightning through the cable into the house. So am stuck with dial up

We have a clearing on the south side of the house so we could get satelite. Hubs put a pole in the ground that  reaches about 5 feet above the roof. I know every time there is lightening I unplug the computer. For just that reason I feel like it's a lightening rod. What really gets me is they never once told me or hinted that there was a limit to the downloads.  I would cancel but with daughter working from home on her computer she can't use dial up she would have to work 24/7 to get in an 8 hour day.

The thing is my sisters live 8 mi from me on 12 acres out in a very rural area and have 2 satelite dishes one for TV and one for internet and I can't get either...

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2062 on: August 23, 2010, 02:04:32 PM »

That sure would be a lightening rod    There are some people here that have satellite dishes, some of them are small compared to the real big news they use to have.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #2063 on: August 23, 2010, 02:06:35 PM »

Deenie - if you ever plan a visit to Butterfly Hollow let me know.  I'm there!

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2064 on: August 23, 2010, 02:07:24 PM »

I didn't realize all these issues when you live in a rural area 
The only TV reception here is with satelite so no TV either.

We get 4 stations with out satelite. But hubs has to have his news and old movies so have satelite. Me I could do without. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2065 on: August 23, 2010, 02:09:23 PM »

I'm with your hubs Green Eyes, I have to have my cable, we have hundreds of channels, and half the time there isn't anything on  but have to have it. Watch a lot of old movies.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2066 on: August 23, 2010, 02:10:35 PM »

The thing is my sisters live 8 mi from me on 12 acres out in a very rural area and have 2 satelite dishes one for TV and one for internet and I can't get either...
If you have access to a 3G network you can get broadband for your computer and the packages are priced on the the amount of gigabytes you use per month and you have to sign a 2 yr contract but if you have Sprint 3G available in your area Virgin has a pay as you go plan with no contract...None are available here.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2067 on: August 23, 2010, 02:10:55 PM »

That sure would be a lightening rod    There are some people here that have satellite dishes, some of them are small compared to the real big news they use to have.

I remember those NRCG  I think they took up the room of a small house they were so big. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2068 on: August 23, 2010, 02:12:23 PM »

I remember those NRCG  I think they took up the room of a small house they were so big. 
You could put the whole family in it   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2069 on: August 23, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »

We get 4 stations with out satelite. But hubs has to have his news and old movies so have satelite. Me I could do without. 

We only get 4 channels without satellite too.  They are iffy when it storms.We are in between areas with good reception according to a chart i read one time.I couldn't care less most of the time.
I love the satellite,but things were tight so I opted for internet.Told hubby it was  for him without it.He fishes and I surf.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2070 on: August 23, 2010, 02:23:54 PM »

That is one reason we kept cable, the chance of wind or a storm knocking out the satellite. I really never go to the movies, maybe once or twice a year, so I justify the digital cable. Though this coming weekend, I promised my daughter that we will go to the Last Exorcism, we both love horror movies.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2071 on: August 23, 2010, 02:27:45 PM »

I'm with your hubs Green Eyes, I have to have my cable, we have hundreds of channels, and half the time there isn't anything on  but have to have it. Watch a lot of old movies.

The poor grand kids have watched so many old movies with grandpa But it works out he has watched so many cartoons and teen shows. We have another receiver in their moms room but they like to be in the living room.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2072 on: August 23, 2010, 02:29:44 PM »

We only get 4 channels without satellite too.  They are iffy when it storms.We are in between areas with good reception according to a chart i read one time.I couldn't care less most of the time.
I love the satellite,but things were tight so I opted for internet.Told hubby it was  for him without it.He fishes and I surf.   
When my sisters lose satelite signal they always call me to let me know a bad storm is coming...more accurate than the weather service

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2073 on: August 23, 2010, 02:32:23 PM »

If I had to make that choice it would be the same way. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2074 on: August 23, 2010, 02:34:45 PM »

4Donks,that is the truth about the storms.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2075 on: August 23, 2010, 02:36:02 PM »

Have any of you been over to Musings to try and guess where San is?   
Greeneyes,Klaas is the cryptic clue giver.   

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2076 on: August 23, 2010, 02:36:10 PM »

The poor grand kids have watched so many old movies with grandpa But it works out he has watched so many cartoons and teen shows. We have another receiver in their moms room but they like to be in the living room.
If he is like me, he must be shaking his head in dismay with some of those teen shows, especially if Jersey Shore is on    I keep asking my daughter how can you watch a show that promotes alcoholics like that? I guess that I just don't get it 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2077 on: August 23, 2010, 02:38:14 PM »

4Donks,that is the truth about the storms.   
And with her sister calling to warn ahead of time that comes in handy. I don't trust the weather people, all of a sudden we have bad heat, but a few days ago looking at the extended forecast it said upper 70's  how that got mixed up with upper 90's, have no idea.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2078 on: August 23, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »

Have any of you been over to Musings to try and guess where San is?   
Greeneyes,Klaas is the cryptic clue giver.   
I did yesterday, will go again, if it is like Where's Waldo, I'm done    Use to get upset playing that with the kids 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2079 on: August 23, 2010, 02:39:32 PM »

4 Donks That's so true

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.