May 01, 2024, 02:46:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #19 8/05/10 - 8/27/10  (Read 432272 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2320 on: August 24, 2010, 01:03:04 PM »

I forgot the catch, for every lb of potatoes you take you also have to pick the same amount of apples   

Well darn it there goes my potatoes, you will never get me on a ladder to pick them, unless you don't mind calling for the ambulance when I fall to the ground from fear of heights? 
No Rose, I didn't think of having to get a ladder to pick the apples. Nevermind, I will stick to potatoes  Monkey Devil!

I hate heights as well.  I have a hoop with a cloth bag on it on a long stick that I use for the high ones.  You hit the apple with the inside of the hoop and they fall in the bag.  No ladders are injured during this process. 
Now that I could do, but you just know that at least one apple would hit me on the head 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2321 on: August 24, 2010, 01:09:15 PM »

Good Morning Everyone.  Had more rain last night ugggh enough already but today is beeeeeutiful at 77 no humidity ahhhhhh.  Fridge was warm this morning but the freezer is working fine Uggggggh, what next?  Other than that all is well.  I hope you are all having a good day.

Morning Mission

I hope the fridge isn't going out. But it does seem to be  never ending at times doesn't it.  Maybe it is like mine and the coils just need to be cleaned.
Repair man can't get out until tomorrow morning...........yikes, looks like we are going to need some coolers 

Road trip time.  I have a freezer full of Kevin now that his bacon is cured, a garden full of veggies and lots of room.  Making apple pies this week and freezing them. 
  Monkey Devil! Kevin is in the freezer. I never really cared that much for Kevin, but Norbert was my friend    I love apple pie!!!!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2322 on: August 24, 2010, 01:09:45 PM »

Smoke is still in the air but it is not as bad as last week.  Evening sun looked wonderful last night.

That's beautiful Northern

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2323 on: August 24, 2010, 01:11:03 PM »

I forgot the catch, for every lb of potatoes you take you also have to pick the same amount of apples   

Well darn it there goes my potatoes, you will never get me on a ladder to pick them, unless you don't mind calling for the ambulance when I fall to the ground from fear of heights? 
No Rose, I didn't think of having to get a ladder to pick the apples. Nevermind, I will stick to potatoes  Monkey Devil!

I hate heights as well.  I have a hoop with a cloth bag on it on a long stick that I use for the high ones.  You hit the apple with the inside of the hoop and they fall in the bag.  No ladders are injured during this process. 
That's sounds like a cool contraption Northern. What kind of apples are those anyways?

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #2324 on: August 24, 2010, 01:16:34 PM »

Good Morning Everyone.  Had more rain last night ugggh enough already but today is beeeeeutiful at 77 no humidity ahhhhhh.  Fridge was warm this morning but the freezer is working fine Uggggggh, what next?  Other than that all is well.  I hope you are all having a good day.
The weather sounds great. Sure hope your fridge isn't broken  you don't need anymore things happen   an angelic monkey  Glad all is going well.
Thanks NoRose - husband is going to call the appliance center we bought it at (great people) small store actually and have them come out. 
That's good, and like Green Eyes said it could be the coils and dust, hopefully it will be something simple and not costly.  an angelic monkey
DH is going to head home and vacuum underneath and behind and pullout the freezer rack and look under there too.  I think it is safe to say I am going to have to throw most of the food in there - the milk on my cereal this morn was not very cold.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2325 on: August 24, 2010, 01:17:03 PM »

morning...do you think that your fridge is going out? is it iced up by any chance?
it is 75 degrees today so far ...supposed to be cooler all this week than it has been..darn it...loves me some hot weather..
I didn't see any icing, it is a freezer on the bottom and not that old, 5 years maybe?  Grrrrr.  The hot weather is supposed to return for the weekend Cook 

Oh no ~ on the fridge.   I once had a dishwasher that lasted 13.5 months....................so maddening!!  I hope you find it is something simple, did the temp control get bumped?  I tend to think appliances should be long term friends vs. sporadic visitors!!!
ARGHHH
I completely agree.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2326 on: August 24, 2010, 01:17:57 PM »

I'm sorry Mission, why appliances don't last longer 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2327 on: August 24, 2010, 01:19:12 PM »

That's awful pain JSM hope the doctor can give you something for it today  an angelic monkey
Thanks No Rose, my doctor doesn't give out medicine all the time but hopefully she will today.
I sure hope so, and mine better tomorrow, or I will pound my fist on his desk    Just kidding, I would never do that.
I hope you pound your fist on the doctor's desk. I hope she will give me something for the pain. My ortho doctor tells me I have a high pain threshold, so when I am hurting I am really hurting. 
I hope you and NoRose get some meds for relief, there is nothing worse than feeling pain like that.  I am a baby when it comes to pain.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2328 on: August 24, 2010, 01:20:53 PM »

morning...do you think that your fridge is going out? is it iced up by any chance?
it is 75 degrees today so far ...supposed to be cooler all this week than it has been..darn it...loves me some hot weather..
I didn't see any icing, it is a freezer on the bottom and not that old, 5 years maybe?  Grrrrr.  The hot weather is supposed to return for the weekend Cook 

Oh no ~ on the fridge.   I once had a dishwasher that lasted 13.5 months....................so maddening!!  I hope you find it is something simple, did the temp control get bumped?  I tend to think appliances should be long term friends vs. sporadic visitors!!!
ARGHHH
Welcome to the club of appliances that go out way to soon, I'm the queen for that, have issues with the microwave and washer and dryer    They should be long term friends, but not in this house.
Funny but I thought about you first thing after we found it must not be working.   

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2329 on: August 24, 2010, 01:21:40 PM »

ARGHHH
Welcome to the club of appliances that go out way to soon, I'm the queen for that, have issues with the microwave and washer and dryer    They should be long term friends, but not in this house.
Pssst........ No Rose...............don't talk about your microwave, you are going to jinks yourself. 
  Or my dryer, so the gas man doesn't have to come and humor me again 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2330 on: August 24, 2010, 01:21:42 PM »

That's awful pain JSM hope the doctor can give you something for it today  an angelic monkey
Thanks No Rose, my doctor doesn't give out medicine all the time but hopefully she will today.
I sure hope so, and mine better tomorrow, or I will pound my fist on his desk    Just kidding, I would never do that.
I hope you pound your fist on the doctor's desk. I hope she will give me something for the pain. My ortho doctor tells me I have a high pain threshold, so when I am hurting I am really hurting. 
I hope you and NoRose get some meds for relief, there is nothing worse than feeling pain like that.  I am a baby when it comes to pain.
I can take a lot but when it just keeps on going, that is when I go a little crazy from it. And this heat doesn't help, keep waiting for the weatherman to come in here and tell me this 100 degree heat is a joke 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2331 on: August 24, 2010, 01:22:32 PM »

ARGHHH
Funny but I thought about you first thing after we found it must not be working.   
I have no luck at all with appliances and holes in the ceiling 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2332 on: August 24, 2010, 01:22:50 PM »

You also must have a high tolerance to medicine. I also can take a lot of pain, but up to a point, not everyday, with no relief. I have in the past, believe it or not with some of my headaches, I've hit my head on the wall just to move the pain somewhere else. No wonder I'm so nuts 
Advil doesn't bother me at all, so I take lots of it if I am hurting. I believe you about hitting the wall to move the pain. I know someone that would wrap a bet tightly around his head when he had a headache and said that it really helped.
Well I'm desperate enough to put a belt on my head, with my luck I would have it too tight and pass out 
  OMG NoRose you crack me up. 

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2333 on: August 24, 2010, 01:23:28 PM »

You also must have a high tolerance to medicine. I also can take a lot of pain, but up to a point, not everyday, with no relief. I have in the past, believe it or not with some of my headaches, I've hit my head on the wall just to move the pain somewhere else. No wonder I'm so nuts 
Advil doesn't bother me at all, so I take lots of it if I am hurting. I believe you about hitting the wall to move the pain. I know someone that would wrap a bet tightly around his head when he had a headache and said that it really helped.
Well I'm desperate enough to put a belt on my head, with my luck I would have it too tight and pass out 

My brother would hit his head against the wall when he got his head aches just to have another pain try and get away from his head ache.  an angelic monkey
OMG

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2334 on: August 24, 2010, 01:32:46 PM »

Morning Mission

I hope the fridge isn't going out. But it does seem to be  never ending at times doesn't it.  Maybe it is like mine and the coils just need to be cleaned.
Repair man can't get out until tomorrow morning...........yikes, looks like we are going to need some coolers 

Road trip time.  I have a freezer full of Kevin now that his bacon is cured, a garden full of veggies and lots of room.  Making apple pies this week and freezing them. 
  Monkey Devil! Kevin is in the freezer. I never really cared that much for Kevin, but Norbert was my friend    I love apple pie!!!!

Next year you can name the piggly wiggly   
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2335 on: August 24, 2010, 01:37:28 PM »

The weather sounds great. Sure hope your fridge isn't broken  you don't need anymore things happen   an angelic monkey  Glad all is going well.
Thanks NoRose - husband is going to call the appliance center we bought it at (great people) small store actually and have them come out. 
That's good, and like Green Eyes said it could be the coils and dust, hopefully it will be something simple and not costly.  an angelic monkey
DH is going to head home and vacuum underneath and behind and pullout the freezer rack and look under there too.  I think it is safe to say I am going to have to throw most of the food in there - the milk on my cereal this morn was not very cold.
Oh no Mission. That really is awful you have to throw out your food. The only thing I would have to throw out would be 2 pieces of cheese, pickles and ML and the ML can go in the ice chest it ain't getting thrown out. 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2336 on: August 24, 2010, 01:38:15 PM »

That's sounds like a cool contraption Northern. What kind of apples are those anyways?

I have no idea.  The tree was here when we bought the house.  I think they it may be a Goodland or a Haralson.  Nothing fancy like what you would find in the stores as those trees would not survive our winter. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2337 on: August 24, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »

Oh no Mission. That really is awful you have to throw out your food. The only thing I would have to throw out would be 2 pieces of cheese, pickles and ML and the ML can go in the ice chest it ain't getting thrown out. 
  At least you don't have a high grocery bill. I hoard food here like the earth is coming to an end 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2338 on: August 24, 2010, 01:40:42 PM »

The apples look good whatever they are 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2339 on: August 24, 2010, 01:43:18 PM »

A few bullets so you can have an idea of who and how I am:
62 yo
female
widowed after caring for my husband for 10 months
mom to 3 sons...........all grown
I actually have been widowed 2 times .............. (no need to begin an investigation, tho, it is horrible and sad, but not mysterious !!)
have a little shih tzu, PJ, ~ gives me a reason to get up and out of the house
sold auto fasteners for years...........was a true road warrior.... one of very few women in a truly male dominated arena.
retired
live in a way too big house that I can not afford to stay in yet can not sell in the current economy
My view on religion is fitting here:  I am a Monkee, in that I'M A BELIEVER, kinda Catholic Lite
I do some volunteer work at a home for disabled adults
I love SM forum!!
I look forward to getting to know you.
Pat (in Northern IL )
I love your dog PJ, it is true they are the best counselors ever, they have a way making one smile feel so good.

Thank you, MTC,
His favorite toy is that kitty cube he is in for the photo I use as my avatar.   He is a riot!  He rolls all over inside it, hides under it, and gets in it whenever it storms or there are fireworks.   Now if I could convince him to use a litter box.........................

How cute he is Tolerance. They sure help keep us sane don't they.  an angelic monkey

There, I finally figured out how to resize a clearer pic of PJ................
Lots to learn.............

He is precious.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.