May 01, 2024, 03:25:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #19 8/05/10 - 8/27/10  (Read 432288 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2400 on: August 24, 2010, 04:21:44 PM »

Hi Gee I missed a lot

Northern Rose hubs would be in heaven with that many potatoes. 

The apples look good. Looks like you are going to be busy getting every thing ready for winter. Loved your pictures.

Mission Oh no I hope they can fix it tomorrow. That is a bummer that you will have to throw out all the food.

JSM have you seen the doctor yet?

NRCG  I hit the slide thing the wrong way lots of times. 

Tolerance  So sorry about your lose.  an angelic monkey

Cookie you didn't say to much. Just kind of put it all together for Tolerance.

Draining the pool as I type this.  Got the last of the rhubarb which is in the oven right now as a rhubarb strudel.  Lots of potatoes this year as well as carrots.  I already have all my beans picked and frozen garlic is dug and hung to dry as well.  So much to get in before frost hits.  I really hope they are wrong about frost this weekend.  Not ready for it at all. 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2401 on: August 24, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »

Here is one smoking after.  Can you see the tiny little ciggy?   Monkey Devil!

Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!

are u sure that is his "tiny little ciggy?" could be something else that is tiny!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #2402 on: August 24, 2010, 04:25:27 PM »

Wow, Northern,
What lovely produce!!!
If you could 'see' me you would know I LOVE potatoes!
The apples are gorgeous!
Now, I'm new, so need to ask where you live, if you don't mind?
My family celebrates 1/2 birthdays, too!

Tolerance.  Northern Rose is a fabulous cook. Not sure if you found the recipe threads when you were strolling around this am but she has some recipes in them and they are all delishhhhhhh. 

Wow, Mission,
are you a mind reader?
I was going to ask about that when I read someone was making 'her beans'!
Thank you for the info and I will surely check it out!
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2403 on: August 24, 2010, 04:28:01 PM »

Morning Monkeys

Where is everybody today?

JSM Prayers you are feeling better today.

Prayers to Martin Short and May his wife Rest in Peace. Read this morning she passed away. She was only 58. So young they didn't say why. an angelic monkey
Thanks for the prayers Greeneyes. I took 6 advil, 1 tylenol and a muscle relaxer. I feel much better now. 

JSM please be careful with the meds.
  an angelic monkey I will Greeneyes. I pop advil like candy.

JSM, your stomach is going to be one big hole.  Don't pop Advil, if you have a problem go to the doctor.  I want to see you at your wedding, I don't want to be comforting your fiance.  Please take care of yourself.  Advil is bad for your insides.

A WEDDING???!!!  How wonderful!
(I take too much Advil, too.  The liquigels) 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2404 on: August 24, 2010, 04:29:56 PM »

A must read:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/08/21/barbara-loe-fisher-on-flu-vaccine-changes.aspx?aid=CD945

<snipped>

WARNING: This Year's Flu Plan

The news for this year is that the flu vaccine you'll get this fall will be a combination vaccine that contains both the regular flu- and the swine flu vaccines – you will not be given the choice to take them individually.

Barbara Loe Fisher explains:

"In February of 2009, the CDC announced that every single American from the age of 6 months through the year of death should get an annual flu shot -- every single one of us, whether we're healthy or we're sick.

In March of 2009, this mysterious H1N1 bird-pig-human hybrid influenza virus was discovered.

So here we are… Everyone is supposed to get a flu shot every year. We're going into the flu season of 2010-2011…. [But] they have decided that in the annual influenza shot for this year, there will be three type A or type B viruses, and one will be H1N1."

This is the same type of vaccine that Australia recently suspended for use in children under the age of five because it caused a surprisingly high number of reports of children suffering high fevers, vomiting and febrile convulsions.

But children aren't the only group that seem to react more violently to the trivalent vaccine that contains the H1N1 component.

A special government committee has been created to investigate last year's H1N1 monovalent vaccine for signs that it may be associated with a higher rate of certain kinds of reactions. What the committee found out provisionally is that there were three signs of trouble with the H1N1 swine flu vaccine used last year.

Fisher explains:

"One was Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS), which we know has been associated with influenza vaccine since 1976 when the first swine flu vaccine was used. There is [also] a sign of a blood disorder called thrombocytopenia. Thrombocytopenia is when your blood cannot produce enough platelets. It's an autoimmune type reaction.

The other is Bell's palsy. That's a facial paralysis. It's a neuroimmune reaction.

The government is saying they don't know if these are true signals or not, but there were some red flags that were raised."

So now we're moving into the 2010-2011 flu season with a vaccine that may be very reactive.

"I am concerned," Fisher says, "We have over 300 million people [in the US] which… are supposed to get this influenza vaccine. And we have a very aggressive push by the media and others who are following the lead of the government, so we could have a bad situation."

Flu Vaccine Doesn't Work for Seniors, So Their Dose is Quadrupled!

For seniors, the news may be even more dire.

When H1N1 first hit last year, the CDC explained that seniors weren't included in the first round of shots because studies indicated the risk of infection in this age group was less than for younger groups.

But now that H1N1 is part of the seasonal shot, the CDC and WHO have some hefty plans for the same seniors who, last year, they said were less likely to get H1N1.

In the ACIP Provisional Recommendations for the Use of Influenza Vaccines, dated February 24, it states:

"A higher dose formulation of an inactivated seasonal influenza vaccine (Fluzone High-Dose, manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur, licensed by FDA on December 23, 2009) for use in people age 65 years and older will be available in the 2010-11 influenza season.

"Fluzone High-Dose contains four times the amount of influenza antigen compared to other inactivated seasonal influenza vaccines. …

Studies are underway to assess the relative effectiveness of Fluzone High-Dose compared to standard dose inactivated influenza vaccine, but results from those studies will not be available before the 2010-11 influenza season." [Emphasis mine.]

Yes, you read that right: if you're age 65 or older, the CDC wants you to take a flu vaccine this fall that not only contains an antigen they previously said you probably already have antibodies to (H1N1), but that is also four times as potent, with no safety evaluation whatsoever until AFTER the season is underway!

Again, the CDC is asking you to be a part of a large public health experiment.

This is why we're warning you early, because for the most part, none of this is really known. It's not been announced. It certainly has not received widespread publicity.

Another mind-bending irony is that unused or expired flu vaccines that contain the mercury preservative thimerosal can by law not be disposed of in regular garbage because it's considered hazardous waste.

Yet it's deemed to be safe to inject into your body – in the case of the flu vaccine, once a year, each and every year of your life!

Is the Vaccine Safe for Pregnant Women? Nobody Knows!
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2405 on: August 24, 2010, 04:31:38 PM »

You are too funny................and a great photographer to boot!!

I will come and help.  I am not fast like NRCG, but I am really willing and steadfast!

Watching for the Monkey Jet over IL skies.........

Not sure I could eat a pig I named..........but I do know a really funny joke about that.....................probably so old everyone has heard it.   I will type it up if I ever get caught up reading.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2406 on: August 24, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »

There is a new search on right now for Stacy Peterson. 
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2407 on: August 24, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »

are u sure that is his "tiny little ciggy?" could be something else that is tiny!

I am laughing out loud!!  way too much to use the abbreviations................... Monkey Devil!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2408 on: August 24, 2010, 04:36:25 PM »

I will come and help.  I am not fast like NRCG, but I am really willing and steadfast!

Not sure I could eat a pig I named..........but I do know a really funny joke about that.....................probably so old everyone has heard it.   I will type it up if I ever get caught up reading.

I usually keep a camera with me when I am working in the yard.  I find when I don't have a camera is when I see wildlife etc and wish I had the camera.  Thank you for the compliment.  When I need a break/distraction I wander off and start taking pictures   

Speed is not a requirement, just a sense of humour and the willingness to eat.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2409 on: August 24, 2010, 04:38:57 PM »

That is good the doctor gave you medication. I didn't know that steroids make a person fat, but the time I got a steroid shot in my foot, I had two days of roid rage which was really scary 
She gave me some pills, don't know if they work. Those steroid dose packs make me eat like a  and usually I gain lots of weight on them. Steroid shots don't bother me though.

Our bodies are so weird. It always amazes me how one can take something and nothing then someone else gets all the side effects. When I had the a couple shots for my knee awhile back all was well. Then in the middle of my trip I broke out in hives. From the shot. I walked around NY City scratching the hell out of myself. Had to get a shot to clear it up. The worst part was it was my bottom that broke out the worst.  Monkey Devil!
That is awful!!
I over react to medicine, too..............I never could have been a druggie...............even though I grew up in the sixties.  Nope, not me..............The great part of it is that my sons inherited my low tolerance (there's that word again) for drugs so I had no trouble during their high school and college years.....................all I had to worry about was speeding tickets..............ugh  that was enough.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2410 on: August 24, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »

That is good the doctor gave you medication. I didn't know that steroids make a person fat, but the time I got a steroid shot in my foot, I had two days of roid rage which was really scary 
She gave me some pills, don't know if they work. Those steroid dose packs make me eat like a  and usually I gain lots of weight on them. Steroid shots don't bother me though.

Our bodies are so weird. It always amazes me how one can take something and nothing then someone else gets all the side effects. When I had the a couple shots for my knee awhile back all was well. Then in the middle of my trip I broke out in hives. From the shot. I walked around NY City scratching the hell out of myself. Had to get a shot to clear it up. The worst part was it was my bottom that broke out the worst.  Monkey Devil!
Isn't it weird, and not a good part of the body to itch while on vacation. It is amazing the shot and pills for hives though. Hope it didn't ruin too much of your trip. My daughter just got a medication, a topical medication for her chin acne, and it cleared it up so fast. Only problem is it can cause diarrhea, and because she has about as much luck as me, that is what happened    For the life of me I don't see how a cream on your face can cause that to happen 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2411 on: August 24, 2010, 04:41:50 PM »

Oh I'm not fast, but can make myself go fast for some of that rhubarb dessert Northern is baking   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2412 on: August 24, 2010, 04:42:31 PM »

Thank-you.  And thanks for the info on the flu.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2413 on: August 24, 2010, 04:50:50 PM »

Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2414 on: August 24, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »

OMG, I hope they find her!!!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2415 on: August 24, 2010, 04:55:06 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose.  I would love it if they found her. I would love to see that smirk wiped off that azz A face. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2416 on: August 24, 2010, 04:59:59 PM »

How horrible Greeneyes, to break out into hives in NYC. 

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2417 on: August 24, 2010, 05:00:20 PM »

That is awful!!
I over react to medicine, too..............I never could have been a druggie...............even though I grew up in the sixties.  Nope, not me..............The great part of it is that my sons inherited my low tolerance (there's that word again) for drugs so I had no trouble during their high school and college years.....................all I had to worry about was speeding tickets..............ugh  that was enough.

Me to Tolerance. For the most part if they say it will make you tried it hypes me up and if it is suppose to hype you up it kicks me in the bottom.  Monkey Devil!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2418 on: August 24, 2010, 05:01:37 PM »

I'm the same way Green Eyes with medication, not all but some work the opposite for me also.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2419 on: August 24, 2010, 05:02:32 PM »

Hi Gee I missed a lot

Northern Rose hubs would be in heaven with that many potatoes. 

The apples look good. Looks like you are going to be busy getting every thing ready for winter. Loved your pictures.

Mission Oh no I hope they can fix it tomorrow. That is a bummer that you will have to throw out all the food.

JSM have you seen the doctor yet?

NRCG  I hit the slide thing the wrong way lots of times. 

Tolerance  So sorry about your lose.  an angelic monkey

Cookie you didn't say to much. Just kind of put it all together for Tolerance.

Draining the pool as I type this.  Got the last of the rhubarb which is in the oven right now as a rhubarb strudel.  Lots of potatoes this year as well as carrots.  I already have all my beans picked and frozen garlic is dug and hung to dry as well.  So much to get in before frost hits.  I really hope they are wrong about frost this weekend.  Not ready for it at all. 
Wow Northern, you are working your butt off!! Hope the frost doesn't hit this weekend.  an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.