April 30, 2024, 11:13:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #19 8/05/10 - 8/27/10  (Read 432197 times)
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #680 on: August 11, 2010, 04:50:26 AM »

Bad to the Bone Bearly     
rut roh .. George

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZnSwQxf3Ms&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mZnSwQxf3Ms&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1</a>

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: August 11, 2010, 04:57:01 AM »

Hi Brandi..thanks about the showing...it went well I guess..time will tell..
our dog is usually only out long enough to do business too...and he walks on the driveway or the walkway to the grass so not sure what it is exactly that bugs him but it happens every August..never fails! he is pretty miserable for a while..poor guy..

My new adventure is baking a blackberry cobbler...probably won't get to it till Thursday now...I bought the blackberries today at Sam's Club..went there for the blackberries and ended up spending $106 lol!
they had samples out of their lasagna and chicken alfredo..tasted really good so I bought them to freeze and to have on hand...also bought some ham steaks.of course you have to buy 4 in a package! that is the problem with going there...everything is bulk..kept 1 out and the rest went into the freezer..
I stopped for veggies at the veggie stand today and the gal there told me to put these new little potatoes along with fresh green beans, some onion and some ham pieces or cooked bacon into the crock pot and let it cook for about 6 hrs...complete easy meal and it sound so yummy! gonna make that Thursday too..hubs will like that I think..

Cookie wow you did do some shopping  I just wanted to add for your " New Potatoes" if you really want to make them yum yum .. I never tried this before. But when I bought " New Potatoes" yep labeled with the name " new" at my local market ..everything is you pick and bag .. they had these kits though put together by the store .. was a bunch of these little potatoes with a palm full of fresh sprig " Rosemary" .. Omgoodness.  I am new to fresh rosemary. I have all my life only thought it came in a spice sprinkle jar.. slivers of green.
When I worked in Spa/Salon for years my boss would buy " Rosemary Trees" for Xmas and he would put them all over the Salon. The smell is just beautiful. When planted in a bunch, it looks like a small Christmas tree. Within a pot maybe 20 inches high. I never thought though of eating it or cooking with fresh rosemary. Hmmph Nature what a thought. But I did use the fresh Rosemary sprigs with my new potatoes. Was awesome. I am not a cook. By any means. The mentions of the slow cookers/crock pots ..  I have no such things. I have a Wok..a gas stove with a rarely used oven. You can break it up " real Rosemary" and slather it on steaks too within a marinade for steaks/grill. I guess is it fab on Pork too http://www.grouprecipes.com/59870/grilled-rosemary-pork-steak.html - Ham
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/reviews/Ham-with-Garlic-and-Rosemary-233507
* I do not eat ham, but if this recipe works for you go for it. 
I love Blackberries, I like them in cereal, yogurt ..on my eggs sunny side up. All by themselves Smile I saw on a show just the other day, a gal took a ton of blackberries and made purple butter cream icing with them .. for Cupcakes. How fun and yummy. If you do though venture out around Mid November to " Garden shops/that sell real Christmas trees" you might find yourself a real Rosemary Tree. They I am told, properly cared for will continue to offer up edible rosemary .. Every time I find them, I give them as gifts for Thanksgiving/Christmas. They are very unique and the smell is just heavenly.
Rosemary Tree via FTD Floral http://www.ftd.com/12265/catalog/product.epl?product_id=PH22&CAWELAID=507036413
Site says cost is 39.99 ..whew no, never have I paid that amount. 15.00 at the very most.

Hey Deenie!  I have rosemary in my garden, it is a perennial.  Rosemary chicken with noodles and a salad is a nice dinner.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: August 11, 2010, 04:59:56 AM »

Bad to the Bone Bearly     
rut roh .. George

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZnSwQxf3Ms&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mZnSwQxf3Ms&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1</a>

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: August 11, 2010, 05:02:33 AM »

Have a great day everyone!   

Cookie, I have good feelings about your house guest.

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #684 on: August 11, 2010, 05:03:19 AM »

What are you two monkeys doing up so early or late?

I was just getting ready to try and call it a night. Thought I would check to see if any thing new was going on. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #685 on: August 11, 2010, 05:34:38 AM »

Brandi,
Deenie has had issues with itchy scratchy too - the Vet gave her supplements " Oil" capsules.
I have the vet scribed bottle in front of me, can't read the label, the type is smeared .. from the oil caps I guess.. Dero or Ders Caps is the name of the capsules.
Deenie was ( a year ago) constantly throwing her head back and forth " as if she had a inner ear twinge / itchy bother within her ears " and her ears were peeling too .. scaling on the outside. So the Vet gave me these oil supplements to put in her food. 
The doc said it was more than likely though because " she was so little and subjected to my contractors" that the house was being torn up .. allergies .. she is fine now. It never repeated.
I remember the Doc/Vet said It was from " not enough moisture" in the house - compounded with the tear up within my renovation. She is not sensitive to anything now " as far as I know" .. whenever Deenie has been in my lap and done what I call her Helicopter whip with her head, it lasts about 2 seconds.. " her ears actually hurt" especially if your hit in the face. Her ears are over 3 inches long and stand straight up ... Her's a donkey..
 baby photos - August 2008

Deenie ~ all Ears~ all 3lbs of her at the time - AWE she was so tiny.

I love her so much .......... Ears and all 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: August 11, 2010, 07:03:55 AM »

What are you two monkeys doing up so early or late?

I was just getting ready to try and call it a night. Thought I would check to see if any thing new was going on. 

Hi GE!  i am sorry I missed you!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: August 11, 2010, 07:07:43 AM »

Brandi,
Deenie has had issues with itchy scratchy too - the Vet gave her supplements " Oil" capsules.
I have the vet scribed bottle in front of me, can't read the label, the type is smeared .. from the oil caps I guess.. Dero or Ders Caps is the name of the capsules.
Deenie was ( a year ago) constantly throwing her head back and forth " as if she had a inner ear twinge / itchy bother within her ears " and her ears were peeling too .. scaling on the outside. So the Vet gave me these oil supplements to put in her food. 
The doc said it was more than likely though because " she was so little and subjected to my contractors" that the house was being torn up .. allergies .. she is fine now. It never repeated.
I remember the Doc/Vet said It was from " not enough moisture" in the house - compounded with the tear up within my renovation. She is not sensitive to anything now " as far as I know" .. whenever Deenie has been in my lap and done what I call her Helicopter whip with her head, it lasts about 2 seconds.. " her ears actually hurt" especially if your hit in the face. Her ears are over 3 inches long and stand straight up ... Her's a donkey..
 baby photos - August 2008

Deenie ~ all Ears~ all 3lbs of her at the time - AWE she was so tiny.

I love her so much .......... Ears and all 

She is so cute--we need new pictures!

Don't forget we have the air conditioner on, especially by August, it is really drying for skin, let alone dog skin.  We can put lotion on ourselves, our pets can't.

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: August 11, 2010, 07:52:44 AM »

Good Morning.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: August 11, 2010, 08:31:28 AM »

Brandi...4 hour green beans sounds yummy! I am going to use ham instead of the bacon..that should be good too right?

Yes, make sure there is some fat on the ham though.

That's where a lot of the flavor comes from. Wink

yums! maybe I should add some bacon to it for the flavoring...
thanks...
The greatest thing to use with the slow cookers is Reynolds slow cooker liners. No cleanup just throw the liner away

I have never heard of those 4 Donks. That is so cool will have to look for them as I use my slow cooker a lot.   

I use those liners a lot..
I also use my crock pot lots! love putting dinner in them and the freedom to be gone all day and come home and dinner is ready...so handy..

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #690 on: August 11, 2010, 08:32:37 AM »

I was just reading that this is in the record books for one of the coolest summers for us out here, thankfully. But I did notice that there will be some higher temps coming for the weekend, so I'm finishing one last corner of the yard, because I can't work out there when it is hot. If it only lasts for a couple days at a time that is alright, but when it goes on and on and on, that is not good. It looks like the plains, the south and the east are really having record breaking summers  I don't know how you all are managing this.

Hi Brandi, how is Brandi handling the heat? Hope you are doing well.

We're all hanging in there, thanks, JSM! How's Josef these days?
Glad you are hanging in Brandi. He is doing well, except for his itching. It is driving me crazy

Ya know, Brandi has itching problems in the summer too. Vet said something about a yeast allergy or something that affects her ears and skin during the summer. Tried giving her benadryl one summer, it did absolutely nothing for her. I see or hear her scratching (her legs thump thump thump LOL) .. I tell her to stop. She does. For a while.

Oh, my rant for today? All The RED text people are posting in the Kyron case. 'nuff said.

I have heard that too about the yeast allergy. Poor Brandi, I tell Josef to stop, but he doesn't listen to me. I don't go on Kyron's sorry it is making everyone crazy.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: August 11, 2010, 08:34:01 AM »

my dog also starts itching terribly every August! like clockwork...vet said that it is something in the grasses or some allergy that effects him every year..we think that it is in the grass cause he is always licking and biting at his feet..and on his flanks....time for a cortisone shot..it helps for awhile but doesn't last..I tried benadryl too and it didn't do much..sigh...he used to sleep with us and it drove us crazy with his itching..He stays in the kitchen now so I don't notice it as much...
Benadryl thankfully works wonders for Josef Cookie, he itches when we get home after our walks. The biting is what bothers me so much, I don't want him to chew off his foot.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: August 11, 2010, 08:35:13 AM »

Hi Brandi..thanks about the showing...it went well I guess..time will tell..
our dog is usually only out long enough to do business too...and he walks on the driveway or the walkway to the grass so not sure what it is exactly that bugs him but it happens every August..never fails! he is pretty miserable for a while..poor guy..

My new adventure is baking a blackberry cobbler...probably won't get to it till Thursday now...I bought the blackberries today at Sam's Club..went there for the blackberries and ended up spending $106 lol!
they had samples out of their lasagna and chicken alfredo..tasted really good so I bought them to freeze and to have on hand...also bought some ham steaks.of course you have to buy 4 in a package! that is the problem with going there...everything is bulk..kept 1 out and the rest went into the freezer..
I stopped for veggies at the veggie stand today and the gal there told me to put these new little potatoes along with fresh green beans, some onion and some ham pieces or cooked bacon into the crock pot and let it cook for about 6 hrs...complete easy meal and it sound so yummy! gonna make that Thursday too..hubs will like that I think..

My mother used to call those 4-hour green beans. She made them a lot and we loved them. I make them now, too. Quarter the onions, use raw bacon, cook it in with the green beans and onion. Cook forever. and it is delicious hours later.

Yum.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: August 11, 2010, 08:37:37 AM »

Have a great day everyone!   

Cookie, I have good feelings about your house guest.

thank you Bearly! hope that you are right..

thanks for the tip on the rosemary from you and Deenie...sounds wonderful! I will have to try it..
I know that I have dry rosemary but I bet it won't quite taste the same as the fresh...

oh, forgot my manners...Good morning everyone!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: August 11, 2010, 08:39:16 AM »

JSM...sounds like Josef and Benji have the same thing going on..chewing on the feet from itching so bad..
maybe I will try some oil in his food to see if it could be from dry skin ...but am thinking more allergies..per the vet...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: August 11, 2010, 08:39:17 AM »

Cookie,hope the private showing turns out well!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: August 11, 2010, 08:39:42 AM »

Cookie,hope the private showing turns out well!   

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: August 11, 2010, 08:41:15 AM »

I was just reading that this is in the record books for one of the coolest summers for us out here, thankfully. But I did notice that there will be some higher temps coming for the weekend, so I'm finishing one last corner of the yard, because I can't work out there when it is hot. If it only lasts for a couple days at a time that is alright, but when it goes on and on and on, that is not good. It looks like the plains, the south and the east are really having record breaking summers  I don't know how you all are managing this.

Hi Brandi, how is Brandi handling the heat? Hope you are doing well.

We're all hanging in there, thanks, JSM! How's Josef these days?
Glad you are hanging in Brandi. He is doing well, except for his itching. It is driving me crazy

Ya know, Brandi has itching problems in the summer too. Vet said something about a yeast allergy or something that affects her ears and skin during the summer. Tried giving her benadryl one summer, it did absolutely nothing for her. I see or hear her scratching (her legs thump thump thump LOL) .. I tell her to stop. She does. For a while.

Oh, my rant for today? All The RED text people are posting in the Kyron case. 'nuff said.

I can only read there for a few minutes at a time.I want to pull my hair out.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: August 11, 2010, 08:42:37 AM »

Nancy Grace was just on GMA.They were discussing her new book and the Kyron case.   

~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: August 11, 2010, 08:43:44 AM »

Have you seen the things you attach to tree trunks that consist of eyebrows,eyes,nose and mouth? Well my obnoxious neighbour use to spend hours leaning on my fence staring at my place. Drove me nuts so I bought 6 of them and mounted them on the trees facing him and he had all these trees staring back at him. REALLY CREEPY  Monkey Devil!
OMG now I love that idea, Trimm I'm betting would like to put up some in her yard facing the fakers. 

You can even get them with solar lights in the eyes so they stare in the dark!
Just have to say solar lights to me and I'm there    I have about 25 of them in all designs, frogs, butterflies, dragonflies, globes and flowers, all stuck into various plants. It is pretty when it gets dark out. And some of them flash six different colors.

I use a solar windchime that lights up with the 5 different colors for my son's grave - almost everyone has some type of light up - at night it looks like a million stars!
I bet that is beautiful.  I would love something like that.  I'm sorry that you lost a son tbm.  an angelic monkey

Catching up but I wanted to thank you for the kind words. Glen was stillborn and I still miss him - he would be 6 already!
I am so sorry for your loss TBM.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.