April 30, 2024, 08:21:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #19 8/05/10 - 8/27/10  (Read 432128 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: August 11, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »

Well hopefully the police presser today in Kyron's case will say something important.

I hope so NRCG.  The last one was a waste of time.
It sure was. This case is the most confusing one for me, I'm usually opinionated with what I think happened, not this time. I'm baffled, and think there is more going on here then what meets the eye.

I have no idea. Besides Terri knows what happened. But her friends have circled their wagons around her that's for sure. It hasn't helped that LE and everyone has been so tight lipped about every thing. Nothing at all has been said one way or another. So that leaves so many possibilities for everyone to think and talk about.  Really am hoping that they say something today.
I hope they aren't just going to talk about the new flyer.  Now of this makes sense to me and the more I think the worse it gets  I'm running back and forth from the garage and trying to sort out a bunch of knick knacks that I want to keep but don't want to put in the house. If I did, the entire house would be one giant knick knack. I have so many doilies it isn't funny, so many belonged to my mom, and then I have bought so many at thrift stores and antique shops. If someone came in here and observed all the doilies they would think I'm a woman of 80  Have very old fashioned taste.
I love doilies, they bring back fond memories. I love old fashioned things, I call them vintage, we like "vintage" things. 

Me too.  When my MIL passed she had so many beautiful doilies and runners and hand work from her mother and grand mother.  I so wanted a few but my SIL took them all.  Found out later she garbaged them.  I cried as they were all made with love and some of it is a lost art like the old tatting and cut out work she had. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #741 on: August 11, 2010, 02:52:24 PM »

Northern that is wonderful that your son is doing so well  an angelic monkey  And I love the idea for your daughter's birthday, a half birthday so she and her friends can enjoy a pool party. Sure wish that I would have thought of that when the kids were younger, they were both born at Christmas, and I think they always felt cheated. The kids should have a great time at the party, you will be exhausted though  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: August 11, 2010, 02:53:47 PM »

Northern that is just awful what your SIL did, by throwing all those lovely things away    It is a lost art for sure  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: August 11, 2010, 03:01:48 PM »

Northern that is wonderful that your son is doing so well  an angelic monkey  And I love the idea for your daughter's birthday, a half birthday so she and her friends can enjoy a pool party. Sure wish that I would have thought of that when the kids were younger, they were both born at Christmas, and I think they always felt cheated. The kids should have a great time at the party, you will be exhausted though  an angelic monkey

I know I will be exhausted as the first half of the party is co-ed then the boys leave at 9pm on Saturday and the girls sleep over.  Not sure why I agreed to this but I did.  Same with the tie dying.  I am betting I will have a multicoloured lawn and really hope it works out.  Getting fabric die from Michael's and some squirt bottles so they can do funky designs.  She already has asked for home made pizza for dinner and of course he favourite cake which is a a honey cake.  I have already traded one neighbour some of my garden cabbages for a jar of fresh unpasteurized honey from their hives. 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #744 on: August 11, 2010, 03:02:50 PM »

Thank you all for the welcome back!

Son is doing really well.  Stitches came out on Friday     He is moving around and eating lots all day long which is good.  He has walked down to the lake/slough with my daughter a few times now so she could catch some minnows and bring up water for her crawfish she caught this summer.  We are minus quite a few mice as he has been pegging them with his paintball gun when he sees them.  Has a chair set up in his favourtie shooting spot.

He even tagged along yesterday for back to school shopping with us to Staples.  Does not want to head to Walmart with me this afternoon for runners and the last of the lists as well as a bunch of white cotton tees.  I don't blame him.

Daughter is having her 1/2 birthday party this weekend.  With having a winter birthday she has never had the chance to have a pool party so that is what we are doing. I am heading to Michael's to get some fabric die and have all the kids tie dye a shirt as their goodie bag treat as tie dye is coming back strong.

Then I have 6 or her closest friends sleeping over (I will need some of this  as they are all in the hormone tube right now)

That is a good idea to have a half birthday party.  My daughter's BD is Dec 18th.  It was hard to have a birthday in the winter and at Christmas so a summer party makes total sense.  I hope she has a good time.  How could your son not have an appetite with a mother who cooks like you?  I would play sick just so I get even more goodies.   

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: August 11, 2010, 03:06:07 PM »

Son is doing really well.  Stitches came out on Friday     He is moving around and eating lots all day long which is good.  He has walked down to the lake/slough with my daughter a few times now so she could catch some minnows and bring up water for her crawfish she caught this summer.  We are minus quite a few mice as he has been pegging them with his paintball gun when he sees them.  Has a chair set up in his favourtie shooting spot.

He even tagged along yesterday for back to school shopping with us to Staples.  Does not want to head to Walmart with me this afternoon for runners and the last of the lists as well as a bunch of white cotton tees.  I don't blame him.

Daughter is having her 1/2 birthday party this weekend.  With having a winter birthday she has never had the chance to have a pool party so that is what we are doing. I am heading to Michael's to get some fabric die and have all the kids tie dye a shirt as their goodie bag treat as tie dye is coming back strong.

Then I have 6 or her closest friends sleeping over (I will need some of this  as they are all in the hormone tube right now)

That is a good idea to have a half birthday party.  My daughter's BD is Dec 18th.  It was hard to have a birthday in the winter and at Christmas so a summer party makes total sense.  I hope she has a good time.  How could your son not have an appetite with a mother who cooks like you?  I would play sick just so I get even more goodies.   

I have been cooking and baking nonstop so that he has stuff to munch on when he opens the fridge.  Making all of his favourite stuff and he is eating it so it is a win win lol. 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: August 11, 2010, 03:07:34 PM »

Me too.  When my MIL passed she had so many beautiful doilies and runners and hand work from her mother and grand mother.  I so wanted a few but my SIL took them all.  Found out later she garbaged them.  I cried as they were all made with love and some of it is a lost art like the old tatting and cut out work she had. 
How could she?!!  That is a cardinal sin.  What a shame she didn't cherish the hard work and sentiment that went into those doilies.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: August 11, 2010, 03:08:48 PM »

Your daughters were born at Christmas time too?   

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #748 on: August 11, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »

How could she?!!  That is a cardinal sin.  What a shame she didn't cherish the hard work and sentiment that went into those doilies.
My granmother tatted and made beautiful doilies. My sister made pillows out of them for each of us to have in our bedrooms.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #749 on: August 11, 2010, 03:18:19 PM »

I have been cooking and baking nonstop so that he has stuff to munch on when he opens the fridge.  Making all of his favourite stuff and he is eating it so it is a win win lol. 
I don't think I could turn down anything you make Northern.  All that wonderful food has no doubt helped your son in his recovery.  I hope he continues to feel better and better.  I will be making your baked beans for a family reunion the last weekend in August, nummmmm.  I have to make the rhubarb yet but will soon.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: August 11, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »

Northern!!!

We missed you. So sorry about your router/modem. Electronics are in danger when there is lightning, for sure.

Glad you got back, and glad your son is doing so well!

Good news.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: August 11, 2010, 03:30:39 PM »

Thanks Brandi!  It was a strange adjustment not to have internet.  My one neighbour still does not have her landline fixed from that hit of lightening.  When she picks up the phone she can hear conversations on her phone that are not hers now and still can not dial out . It really messed up the cables but good.  I am just glad that it stopped at the router and did not fry the computers. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: August 11, 2010, 03:47:29 PM »

Thanks Brandi!  It was a strange adjustment not to have internet.  My one neighbour still does not have her landline fixed from that hit of lightening.  When she picks up the phone she can hear conversations on her phone that are not hers now and still can not dial out . It really messed up the cables but good.  I am just glad that it stopped at the router and did not fry the computers. 

You are actually quite lucky that did not happen.

So are we. Because you are back now!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: August 11, 2010, 03:49:01 PM »

I know I will be exhausted as the first half of the party is co-ed then the boys leave at 9pm on Saturday and the girls sleep over.  Not sure why I agreed to this but I did.  Same with the tie dying.  I am betting I will have a multicoloured lawn and really hope it works out.  Getting fabric die from Michael's and some squirt bottles so they can do funky designs.  She already has asked for home made pizza for dinner and of course he favourite cake which is a a honey cake.  I have already traded one neighbour some of my garden cabbages for a jar of fresh unpasteurized honey from their hives. 
Oh I'm sure the lawn will be multi colored by the time the tie dying is done    This will take more chaperoning with boys and girls there I'm sure  and wouldn't be surprised when the boys go home they will sneak back to see what all is going on later, just part of that age. The cake sounds so good and homemade pizza the kids will sure enjoy. Hope the weather is good and not too hot.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: August 11, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »

Your daughters were born at Christmas time too?   
Yes, and we tried to make it special, but one before and one after Christmas, so the youngest right after did feel cheated. Everyone was tired from Christmas and it was hard to get all excited with her birthday. Sure wish that I would have thought of the half birthday and had the parties in the summer, darn it 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: August 11, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »

My granmother tatted and made beautiful doilies. My sister made pillows out of them for each of us to have in our bedrooms.
How beautiful, and I remember when I was little, the embroidered dish towels and pillow cases that my grandma's friends seemed to all do. Use to do that myself when I was younger, it is a nice and peaceful hobby.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: August 11, 2010, 03:56:08 PM »

Oh I'm sure the lawn will be multi colored by the time the tie dying is done    This will take more chaperoning with boys and girls there I'm sure  and wouldn't be surprised when the boys go home they will sneak back to see what all is going on later, just part of that age. The cake sounds so good and homemade pizza the kids will sure enjoy. Hope the weather is good and not too hot.

I have been worried about the girls sneaking out as well.  Riley is a great sneak alarm and will freak if the girls leave the house of if the boys come back.  He has a big boy bark so there is no way they can keep him quiet.  They have no chance with the early warning Riley alarm lol. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: August 11, 2010, 03:57:37 PM »

I don't think I could turn down anything you make Northern.  All that wonderful food has no doubt helped your son in his recovery.  I hope he continues to feel better and better.  I will be making your baked beans for a family reunion the last weekend in August, nummmmm.  I have to make the rhubarb yet but will soon.

You will have to let me know how they turn out.  I hope you like the recipes.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: August 11, 2010, 04:44:09 PM »

That's good that Riley will give a good bark if there is any sneaking out 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: August 11, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.