May 01, 2024, 01:12:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #19 8/05/10 - 8/27/10  (Read 432233 times)
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #860 on: August 12, 2010, 02:04:57 PM »

Can I hang out here for awhile....I'm afraid that I upset David Lohr on the Caylee thread.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #861 on: August 12, 2010, 02:13:13 PM »

Can I hang out here for awhile....I'm afraid that I upset David Lohr on the Caylee thread.
  I saw that. Yes, hang here 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: August 12, 2010, 02:16:49 PM »

Thank-you Muffy, since I have IBS very bad, I don't want to do anything that will irritate it more. Just now getting over a bout of it, and sometimes the prescription medicine just doesn't work like it should. That is why I will only eat a half of the small cup at first and see how it works.

I'm so sorry you have IBS.  My mother and one son also have it, as did my son's school nurse.  And I found that what may bother one person doesn't seem to bother another.  In my son's case, greasy food really gets to him, and the school nurse was vegetables.  I got the book IBS for Dummies for my mom, because she really doesn't use the internet.  From knowing what some folks go through, IBS can be debilitating in that it's difficult to even leave the house sometimes, not to mention the pain.  We ended up taking my son to the ER twice when he was about 6 or 7 years old, because he had such gut pains.   The fear was appendicitis among other things.  Neither visit to ER turned up anything.  But he once he had pain again and I took him straight to my husband's doctor who gave my son a tablet  of 'Levsin" to put under his tongue and the pain left fairly quickly.  That was one clue to the problem.  We did food diary and etc. and we knew he was lactose intolerant.  Poor kid.  But he got better as we worked with him and his diet and in particular helping him manage stress, which seemed to make his IBS worse, imo.  I hope you can keep your IBS manageable, no rose.  And I can understand your caution with dietary changes. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #863 on: August 12, 2010, 02:22:23 PM »

Thank-you Muffy, since I have IBS very bad, I don't want to do anything that will irritate it more. Just now getting over a bout of it, and sometimes the prescription medicine just doesn't work like it should. That is why I will only eat a half of the small cup at first and see how it works.

I'm so sorry you have IBS.  My mother and one son also have it, as did my son's school nurse.  And I found that what may bother one person doesn't seem to bother another.  In my son's case, greasy food really gets to him, and the school nurse was vegetables.  I got the book IBS for Dummies for my mom, because she really doesn't use the internet.  From knowing what some folks go through, IBS can be debilitating in that it's difficult to even leave the house sometimes, not to mention the pain.  We ended up taking my son to the ER twice when he was about 6 or 7 years old, because he had such gut pains.   The fear was appendicitis among other things.  Neither visit to ER turned up anything.  But he once he had pain again and I took him straight to my husband's doctor who gave my son a tablet  of 'Levsin" to put under his tongue and the pain left fairly quickly.  That was one clue to the problem.  We did food diary and etc. and we knew he was lactose intolerant.  Poor kid.  But he got better as we worked with him and his diet and in particular helping him manage stress, which seemed to make his IBS worse, imo.  I hope you can keep your IBS manageable, no rose.  And I can understand your caution with dietary changes. 
Not really familiar with IBS but if your Mom and son have it is it hereditary or a predisposition for it?

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #864 on: August 12, 2010, 02:25:24 PM »

Saw that 4 Donks.  He is gone now or was. I think Turbo scared him off.
How are the donks doing today? Did you get your tree moved off the drive way? 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: August 12, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »

We are all hot. The temp today will be 101 dgrees and a heat index of 110...awful.  Saving the tree for the first day it's under 95. I am just avoiding that drive.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: August 12, 2010, 02:35:41 PM »

I'm so sorry you have IBS.  My mother and one son also have it, as did my son's school nurse.  And I found that what may bother one person doesn't seem to bother another.  In my son's case, greasy food really gets to him, and the school nurse was vegetables.  I got the book IBS for Dummies for my mom, because she really doesn't use the internet.  From knowing what some folks go through, IBS can be debilitating in that it's difficult to even leave the house sometimes, not to mention the pain.  We ended up taking my son to the ER twice when he was about 6 or 7 years old, because he had such gut pains.   The fear was appendicitis among other things.  Neither visit to ER turned up anything.  But he once he had pain again and I took him straight to my husband's doctor who gave my son a tablet  of 'Levsin" to put under his tongue and the pain left fairly quickly.  That was one clue to the problem.  We did food diary and etc. and we knew he was lactose intolerant.  Poor kid.  But he got better as we worked with him and his diet and in particular helping him manage stress, which seemed to make his IBS worse, imo.  I hope you can keep your IBS manageable, no rose.  And I can understand your caution with dietary changes.  
Not really familiar with IBS but if your Mom and son have it is it hereditary or a predisposition for it?

Thats a good question, 4donks.  I've seen that it can run in families, but not sure it's been proven to be hereditary.  

Links for anyone interested:

http://www.londonphysiocentre.co.uk/irritable-bowel-syndrome.htm
IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME (IBS)
(snip)
There is no organic cause for IBS but that doesn't mean it is all in the mind. IBS may be worse at times of stress. It is not hereditary but it may run in families perhaps because of a dietary or environmental link. It may be constitutional, meaning you have extra-sensitive gut muscles, or an overreaction to certain foods and chemicals. Women may find IBS worse after a period or after the menopause pointing to a link with oestrogen production. An estimated 25% of IBS cases are triggered by a bout of gastro-enteritis or food poisoning. IBS can be made worse with certain drugs, such as long-term antibiotics, which kill off the normal bacteria in the gut, codeine, laxatives and alcohol. Diagnosis can be a problem because symptoms vary. IBS is a disease of exclusion - in other words if you can rule out all other possibilities IBS is what you are left with.
(snip)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 02:37:32 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #867 on: August 12, 2010, 02:39:25 PM »

IBS can be the pits. I think you are right 4 Donks it is hereditary or predispositions. As my grandmother had it and I have it.  When I was told that's what I had many many moons ago. The only thing they did for it was tell you not to have any milk products and stop worrying.
It is not fun. Muffy Bee is right it can be from many different things. But Stress is the number one factor at least for me.

When my grandmother came to live with us and I tried to help her with her diet choices to help. She would tell me Bye Da*m I have given you booze, cigs and sex I am not giving up my food.    Monkey Devil! What can you say to that. So we dealt with it the best we could. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #868 on: August 12, 2010, 02:44:14 PM »

I'm so sorry you have IBS.  My mother and one son also have it, as did my son's school nurse.  And I found that what may bother one person doesn't seem to bother another.  In my son's case, greasy food really gets to him, and the school nurse was vegetables.  I got the book IBS for Dummies for my mom, because she really doesn't use the internet.  From knowing what some folks go through, IBS can be debilitating in that it's difficult to even leave the house sometimes, not to mention the pain.  We ended up taking my son to the ER twice when he was about 6 or 7 years old, because he had such gut pains.   The fear was appendicitis among other things.  Neither visit to ER turned up anything.  But he once he had pain again and I took him straight to my husband's doctor who gave my son a tablet  of 'Levsin" to put under his tongue and the pain left fairly quickly.  That was one clue to the problem.  We did food diary and etc. and we knew he was lactose intolerant.  Poor kid.  But he got better as we worked with him and his diet and in particular helping him manage stress, which seemed to make his IBS worse, imo.  I hope you can keep your IBS manageable, no rose.  And I can understand your caution with dietary changes.  

Thats a good question, 4donks.  I've seen that it can run in families, but not sure it's been proven to be hereditary.  

Links for anyone interested:

http://www.londonphysiocentre.co.uk/irritable-bowel-syndrome.htm
IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME (IBS)
(snip)
There is no organic cause for IBS but that doesn't mean it is all in the mind. IBS may be worse at times of stress. It is not hereditary but it may run in families perhaps because of a dietary or environmental link. It may be constitutional, meaning you have extra-sensitive gut muscles, or an overreaction to certain foods and chemicals. Women may find IBS worse after a period or after the menopause pointing to a link with oestrogen production. An estimated 25% of IBS cases are triggered by a bout of gastro-enteritis or food poisoning. IBS can be made worse with certain drugs, such as long-term antibiotics, which kill off the normal bacteria in the gut, codeine, laxatives and alcohol. Diagnosis can be a problem because symptoms vary. IBS is a disease of exclusion - in other words if you can rule out all other possibilities IBS is what you are left with.
(snip)
Thats abput it Muffy Bee

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #869 on: August 12, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »

Yesterday I replaced my old cellphone with a new one and took it up to the barn and recorded the donks braying and set it as my ringtone. Then I went to Wallyworld with younger sister and as we were wandering around the store my other sister called me. Suddenly my purse was braying and my sister almost died. The other people were all looking around and apparently I will now be doing my shopping alone

IMG]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab197/4donks/donkeys/thDonkeylittle.gif[/IMG]

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #870 on: August 12, 2010, 02:46:47 PM »

A few months back I did a lot of organizing and down sizing in the garage, and was shocked at how a field mouse/mice got into some of the boxes and did some damage, with chewing up things and their droppings. I put everything into containers where they can't get in, since nice cardboard boxes wasn't a challenge for them. The last three days I'm now in cabinets in the garage working  every cabinet door I'm opening has evidence of that little bugger in there. My husband has a Green Bay Packer towel, don't ask me what it is used for during a game, because I don't watch sports, but it now is minus quite a bit of the fringe that was around the towel    And remember how we discussed doilies yesterday, well that little bugger got into three well wrapped bags of them that were my mothers. 
They are nasty little bast**ds aren't they?!  I 'm sorry to hear they got the bag with the doilies and of course the Green Bay Packer towel too!  I store a lot of things in our pole shed (hubby built me my own little storage room inside with shelves and it's own door) We use a product called Jaguar.  You put it inside a plastic coffee container and them cut a little hole in the top side so they can get to it, they evidently eat it and then go looking for water and well......they die.  They certainly are capable of taking over and doing lots of damage that is for sure.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #871 on: August 12, 2010, 02:46:54 PM »

We are all hot. The temp today will be 101 dgrees and a heat index of 110...awful.  Saving the tree for the first day it's under 95. I am just avoiding that drive.
Sounds good to me. So that will be some time in Oct.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #872 on: August 12, 2010, 02:49:08 PM »

Good news - looks like the got our serial slasher up here!  They caught him trying to board a plane in Atalanta out of the country. very Scary - he was working not far from our restaurant and had eaten in our place a few times! http://topics.mlive.com/tag/flint%20serial%20killer/index.html Glad the animal is off the streets. Still strange to me how he could seem like a normal guy to everyone but was killing/stabbing people at night.
I watched some on the news this morning - he certainly was bizarre and he liked younger colored boys however he did kill an elderly man, WTH?  It sure makes you wonder what makes people tick.  I am glad they got him TBM

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #873 on: August 12, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »

Of course you can, I will go over to Caylee's and take your place brb 

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #874 on: August 12, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »

Yesterday I replaced my old cellphone with a new one and took it up to the barn and recorded the donks braying and set it as my ringtone. Then I went to Wallyworld with younger sister and as we were wandering around the store my other sister called me. Suddenly my purse was braying and my sister almost died. The other people were all looking around and apparently I will now be doing my shopping alone

« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 03:14:14 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: August 12, 2010, 02:58:50 PM »

It is awful and especially for a young child  I'm sure you thought your son had appendicitis, what else would you think with a child that age, never would I have thought the child had IBS. I've been hospitalized two times with it, for me not only food, but stress is a killer for it. Even with anti depressants and anti anxiety pills I can't control the stress, and it comes out in my stomach, it is always expected to do that  Never had Levsin, I will mention to the doctor, there aren't many medications at all for it, I take Robinul for it and it works when it wants to work, not consistent at all. I'm glad your son's is better, hope your mother's is also  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: August 12, 2010, 02:59:32 PM »

That heat is just non stop unbearable 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: August 12, 2010, 03:02:26 PM »

IBS can be the pits. I think you are right 4 Donks it is hereditary or predispositions. As my grandmother had it and I have it.  When I was told that's what I had many many moons ago. The only thing they did for it was tell you not to have any milk products and stop worrying.
It is not fun. Muffy Bee is right it can be from many different things. But Stress is the number one factor at least for me.

When my grandmother came to live with us and I tried to help her with her diet choices to help. She would tell me Bye Da*m I have given you booze, cigs and sex I am not giving up my food.    Monkey Devil! What can you say to that. So we dealt with it the best we could. 
I like your grandma's style    And I don't blame her, after giving up all that, she didn't want to give up good food  an angelic monkey  Stress is really what makes it worse, but you can't tell a person to stop worrying, at least me, I've been worrying about literally everything since I was a young child 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: August 12, 2010, 03:03:21 PM »

IMG]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab197/4donks/donkeys/thDonkeylittle.gif[/IMG]
OMG, now that is funny 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: August 12, 2010, 03:05:41 PM »

A few months back I did a lot of organizing and down sizing in the garage, and was shocked at how a field mouse/mice got into some of the boxes and did some damage, with chewing up things and their droppings. I put everything into containers where they can't get in, since nice cardboard boxes wasn't a challenge for them. The last three days I'm now in cabinets in the garage working  every cabinet door I'm opening has evidence of that little bugger in there. My husband has a Green Bay Packer towel, don't ask me what it is used for during a game, because I don't watch sports, but it now is minus quite a bit of the fringe that was around the towel    And remember how we discussed doilies yesterday, well that little bugger got into three well wrapped bags of them that were my mothers. 
They are nasty little bast**ds aren't they?!  I 'm sorry to hear they got the bag with the doilies and of course the Green Bay Packer towel too!  I store a lot of things in our pole shed (hubby built me my own little storage room inside with shelves and it's own door) We use a product called Jaguar.  You put it inside a plastic coffee container and them cut a little hole in the top side so they can get to it, they evidently eat it and then go looking for water and well......they die.  They certainly are capable of taking over and doing lots of damage that is for sure.
Thank-you for that info, I will look to buy that. It is amazing what they are capable of, and living by that huge avocado field, I guess that if we only get mice that is great, wouldn't want to see a coyote roaming in the garage  The doilies they didn't chew, just the wrapping all around them, so got lucky with that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.