April 26, 2024, 06:40:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Kelloggs Cereals recalled...due to noxious odors  (Read 1761 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: June 25, 2010, 08:02:09 PM »

Big Kelloggs recall of several cereals due to noxious odors coming from the packages

June 25, 7:05 PM
There is a big recall by Kelloggs tonight of some staples of the American breakfast table: Cereal brands that can be found in millions of American homes. The company is voluntarily recalling 28 million boxes of Corn Pops, Honey Smacks, Froot Loops and Apple Jacks. Several reports of nausea and vomiting have been reported by consuming these cereals. Although the company reports a low risk of serious health issues, officials still caution about consuming the products.

There has been said to be a noxious odor coming from the bad inside the box. All the cereals involved in this recall have the letters KN following the "used by" date on the package. 

Please look in your pantry to make sure that you have not purchased any of these cereals, and if you have, contact the Kellogg Consumer Response Center at 888-801-4163 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time. Keep your family safe.

http://www.examiner.com/x-33110-Mind-and-Body-Examiner~y2010m6d25-Big-Kelloggs-recall-of-several-cereals-due-to-noxious-odors-coming-from-the-packages

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 05:45:28 PM »

Source: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=117584

Kellogg's Cereal Recall Due to Odd Smell
Substance in Package Liners Produces Wax-Like Taste and Smell

By Bill Hendrick
WebMD Health News

Reviewed By Louise Chang, MD

Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
Kellogg's Cereal Recall Due to Odd Smell
Frozen Meals Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
Cartoon Characters Sell Kids on Unhealthy Foods
Mediterranean Diet Linked to Better Heart Health
Why Some Like Things Salty
Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
June 25, 2010 -- The Kellogg Co. has issued a voluntary recall of 28 million boxes of some of its most popular cereals because of an "uncharacteristic off-flavor and smell" coming from packaging.

The recall includes Froot Loops, Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, and Honey Smacks that have been sold around the country, the company says.

Kellogg, based in Battle Creek, Mich., says it issued the recall in consultation with the FDA.

"We have identified a substance in the package liners that can produce an uncharacteristic waxy-like off taste and smell," spokeswoman J. Adaire Putnam tells WebMD in an email. "Consumers report a variety of tastes and smells, including those that are stale, metal, and soap-like."

Kellogg says on its web site that "while the potential for serious health problems is low, some consumers are sensitive" to the odd odors and "should not eat the recalled products because of possible temporary symptoms, including nausea and diarrhea."

David Mackay, president and chief executive officer of the company, says in a short statement that efforts are being made to have the products removed from store shelves.

"We apologize to our consumers and our customers and are working diligently to ensure that the affected products are rapidly removed from the marketplace," Mackay says.

The company says only products with the letters "KN" following the words "better if used before date" are included in the recall.

It says consumers who have questions or want a replacement for any cereal bought can call Kellogg at 888-801-4163.

List of Recalled Cereals
Here's a list of recalled cereals with their UPC numbers, according to Kellogg's web site:

Kellogg's Apple Jacks

UPC 3800039136 1: 17 ounce package with Better if Used Before Dates between APR 10 2011 and JUN 22 2011
UPC 3800039132 3: 8.7 ounce packages with Better if Used Before Dates between JUN 03 2011 and JUN 22 2011
Kellogg's Corn Pops

UPC 3800039109 5: 12.5 ounce packages with Better if Used Before Dates between MAR 26 2011 and JUN 22 2011
UPC 3800039111 8: 17.2 ounce packages with Better if Used Before Dates between MAR 26 2011 and JUN 22 2011
UPC 3800039116 3: 9.2 ounce packages with Better if Used Before Dates between APR 05 2011 and JUN 22 2011
Kellogg's Froot Loops

UPC 3800039118 7: 12.2 ounce packages with Better if Used Before Dates between MAR 26 2011 and JUN 22 2011
UPC 3800039120 0: 17 ounce packages with Better if Used Before Dates between MAR 26 2011 and JUN 22 2011
UPC 3800039125 5: 8.7 ounce packages with Better if Used Before Dates between MAR 26 2011 and JUN 22 2011
Kellogg's Honey Smacks

UPC 3800039103 3: 15.3 ounce packages with Better if Used Before Dates between MAR 26 2011 and JUN 22 2011

SOURCES: News release, Kellogg Co.

J. Adaire Putnam, spokeswoman, Kellogg Co.

Kellogg's web site.

©2010 WebMD, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

News Articles 1 2
 Next Article: Frozen Meals Linked to Salmonella Outbreak »

© 2010 MedicineNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
MedicineNet does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See additional information

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 09:27:22 PM »

In the early 90's I worked at a Landfill in S.E. Michigan .. Kellogg's along with many other " food" company's land filled their " products" ...... why? because of issues that were of the Box itself. That the color did not come out right, Tony the tiger was not orange enough .. or something was off within the packaging. Had nothing to do with the actual edible source inside. They land filled it .. because it was the cheapest way to rid it away.   
Wasted food - that Many families would have loved to have had. Too much Red Tape.

I wish one day that " those who are held responsible for the FOOD distribution"  paid  just as much attention to the FOOD INSIDE AS they do the the can/box/bag etc. Marketing. The brand is, that's a given, yet sustainable foods such as cereal, dry edible goods- when your hungry you do not care if the box was printed wrong.   
I have seen it too many times and it's I am sure till going on today.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.