April 27, 2024, 11:32:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #18 8/11/10 - 8/13/10  (Read 222816 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2010, 06:56:35 AM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Sheriff-to--100446244.html#comments

I found this comment very well thought out...definitely like this part of the comment...

"In MY OPINION (not rumors, sheeple thinking or attempt to point out anyone else's posts)."
I don't like "sheeples"

Yeah I like that comment too.  Their opinion makes sense. 

I found the comment educational: M.C., D.D.S. and TH, did not testifly, Good, GJ is taking it good old time.  sunny

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2010, 07:43:49 AM »

I don't know why I cannot figure out how to include the link with the story, ugh!

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100511654.html

Try putting the link first.  That is how I remember.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2010, 07:53:02 AM »

I'm going to Tip-Toe around this post, 'cause I do not have a link. The link to HLN's transcript is not available as yet for 8/11/10.

A "Criminal Profiler" questioned if SM obtained a prescription and gave to Kyron?  If the prescription was for an ear ache, it could

have been a med to allow the child to sleep.  Remember SM said the baby wouldn't sleep at night?

Very possible.

Klaas Goodmorning and  to All,

I am following up with a link because you require a link.

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Police Ask Public for Leads in Kyron`s Disappearance; `Idol` Winner Recovering From Sleeping Pill Overdose

Aired August 11, 2010 - 19:00:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Well, that`s absolutely true, but also, the question is, maybe she`s telling half the truth, which is very common in this kind of situation if you`re guilty. She could have been purchasing certain meds to make her daughter sleepy, but she could have also been giving those meds to Kyron if she did something to him. In other words, to knock him out and then do something to him. So it might be half the truth; it might not be. That`s what they have to figure out

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/11/ijvm.01.html

CNN'S Link for transcripts, IDK when they are released:  http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/2010.08.11.html

Is this current procedure, anyone know?

My doctor gives, at the most, antibiotics, for an ear infection.  I always took him for a car ride to calm him down or walked the floor with him.  Antibiotics don't knock a kid out.

If this is what happened, maybe she gave him too much.  She may have looked at Kiara's size and looked at Kyron's size and doubled it.  I don't even thin a double dose would do it--unless he was allergic to the medication.

It is so hard for me to imagine someone who is so dedicated to children, hurting one.  I am tired of people entrusted with the care of children, in this case teachers, hurting them.  I just see it too much having a child with special needs.  I am so tired of it, I could scream.  Why don't these people get a psych eval each year along with their physical.  Mental health is health, too.

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2010, 07:54:20 AM »

I don't know why I cannot figure out how to include the link with the story, ugh!

Sebastian-
You might want to go over to the Test Area (Thread) over in the Monkey Lounge http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=114.msg22216#msg22216 and practice copying and pasting.  If you can copy and paste an article you can copy and paste a link.  Do the same thing with the link at the top of the page of the article you are going to bring to SM-copy and paste the article into your post, then go back and copy and paste the article into your post. Some folks put the link at the bottom of their article when they are finished posting.  I post mine right at the top, first thing so I don't forget.  Links must be provided (and preferably in same post) for articles brought from other places.  I know you may be a bit tech shy sebastian, but you can do it.  I remember the first time I did...   And I would be happy to help if you need it.  MuffyBee

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2010, 07:55:21 AM »

Someone linked this video, and I transcribed it - bolding the parts I find most interesting:  (Edit to add link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_MsDrlAUU ) Please include the link when posting.  MuffyBee

A new insight into tension that may have been brewing in the home months before Kyron vanished. ... obtained another email written by his step-mom - and this is about Terri Horman's son, but not Kyron. It's an email, a very short one. It was sent to our source about two months before Kyron vanished. And it's particularly interesting in light of other stories we've heard this week about why Terri's son James went to live with his father. Throughout the 2.5 month search for Kyron Horman, he's the one family member we haven't heard a whole lot about; Kyron's older step-brother, James Moulten. In March, James went to live in Roseberg, but the reason why depends on who you ask. It seems his mother told different people different things, which sources say, has added to confusion. [The K2]?? has one of those versions in Terri Horman's own words: In a brief email in April, recently forwarded to K2 she writes:

"I had my son go live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D's to straight A's within one month of being away from Kaine."That's consistant with what James's father told Williamette Week, adding the 16 year old had been acting out a bit, and was butting heads with his step-father. But Kaine told the Oregonian that their relationship was typical, and it was Terri and her son who didn't get along - he was often the mitigator between the two of them.

That's not what Terri's friend from 24 hour fitness, who testified before a GJ monday, said they heard.In the weeks before Kyron disappeared,that person said Terri was upset, telling them her husband forced her son to move out.  And it's statements like that former police detective C.W. Jenson says investigators will be interested in.

"People want to know, why - what would be the motive for someone to do something to a child like this - and what we've seen, um, in the past in cases like this, where someone hurts a child, they're doing it to get back at their spouse.

Sources at the courthouse will not confirm whether they're looking at this alleged rift between Terri and Kaine as a motive for Kyron's disappearance. We did try to contact James's father and his step-father Kaine, we've sent them both emails, and are waiting to hear back.

It's important to think about the other children involved in this whole case and whole story (inaudible).

Earlier in the day, invesetigators gave us a detailed timeline of where the white truck Terri Horman was driving may have been on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared. But K2 wants to know why are they asking that now, almost 10 weeks after Kyron vanished. Here's On Your Side investigator, Anna Canzono (sp?).

Investigators want to ID the person who was in or near the Hormans' F250 truck between 8:15 and 8:45 the morning Kyron disappeared.

Investigator - "A witness, or witnesses have come forward and provided us with information about a person or persons associated with that pickup truck ..."

Ann Canzono -"They are confirming the person as DeDe Spicher, but they do know she was supposed to be working on a farm nearby that morning. Invesetigators say they know at some point that morning, the white truck was parked right there, where our news vehicle is parked right now, directly in front of Skyline school, along Skyline.  At a different part of the morning, investigators say they also know the white truck was parked further up this gravel road, about 60 feet away from the original location. Well, where does this gravel road go - we wanted to know - if you follow it around the corner of the school you get to a path that is alongside the playground area of the school, and the path leads up to a side entrance of the Skyline school. And just so you get the full perspective, anybody that was up here on the main grounds of the school for the science fair wouldn't have been able to see anything that was happening down below. Not the white truck, and not the gravel road leading up to the side of the school. Investigators also want to identify the witness who parked their vehicle on the south side of the school parking lot during that half hour between 8:15 and 8:45. They want to talk to anyone who saw the Horman truck at the Fred Meyer on Embry Drive in Hillsborough around 9, and the one on Walker Road at Beaverton around 10. After that they want hear from anyone who saw the white truck traveling on these roads east of Kyron's school, Skyline, between approximately Newberry and Springville Roads, and on or around Germantown Road and/or Old Germantown Road.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:56:59 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2010, 07:56:08 AM »

Sebastian, I have a simple word processing program called text edit (Mac).  I click on it to pull a page up on my desktop.  Then I  copy and past the article from the browser onto my page.  Next I copy and paste the url link and put it on my page.  Then I come back here and cut and paste what is on my page into the reply for Scared Monkeys.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2010, 08:01:32 AM »

Sebastian, I have a simple word processing program called text edit (Mac).  I click on it to pull a page up on my desktop.  Then I  copy and paste the article from the browser onto my page.  Next I copy and paste the url link and put it on my page.  Then I come back here and cut and paste what is on my page into the reply for Scared Monkeys.

Another thing you can do is pull up another browser window and copy and paste the information from the other window into the reply section here.

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2010, 08:10:23 AM »

KATU news clip from tonight @ 11 pm with the email from Terri and a good "walk through" of the side gravel road next to Skyline.  The camera following the walk up the gravel road to the entrance of the school - you realized quickly why parking the truck there would be a benefit if you had the need for a quick, speedy get away.  KATU uploaded on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_MsDrlAUU

Thanks for the link, Labadorable.

Jame's bio father may have only heard Terri's version about moving James out of the home when he spoke with the press. By now he has fully discussed it with James to get the real truth, and I am sure LE and the Grand Jury have narrowed down the truth about the move. If Terri told me the sky is blue, I would ask for at three corroborating witnesses.

The video has great visuals about the access road. Scary.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »

KATU news clip from tonight @ 11 pm with the email from Terri and a good "walk through" of the side gravel road next to Skyline.  The camera following the walk up the gravel road to the entrance of the school - you realized quickly why parking the truck there would be a benefit if you had the need for a quick, speedy get away.  KATU uploaded on Youtube.

Jame's bio father may have only heard Terri's version about moving James out of the home when he spoke with the press. By now he has fully discussed it with James to get the real truth, and I am sure LE and the Grand Jury have narrowed down the truth about the move. If Terri told me the sky is blue, I would ask for at three corroborating witnesses.

If she told me a rhino was blue, I would ask for the same.

I believe in miracles!
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2010, 08:16:10 AM »

Someone linked this video, and I transcribed it - bolding the parts I find most interesting:  (Edit to add link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_MsDrlAUU ) Please include the link when posting.  MuffyBee

A new insight into tension that may have been brewing in the home months before Kyron vanished. ... obtained another email written by his step-mom - and this is about Terri Horman's son, but not Kyron. It's an email, a very short one. It was sent to our source about two months before Kyron vanished. And it's particularly interesting in light of other stories we've heard this week about why Terri's son James went to live with his father. Throughout the 2.5 month search for Kyron Horman, he's the one family member we haven't heard a whole lot about; Kyron's older step-brother, James Moulten. In March, James went to live in Roseberg, but the reason why depends on who you ask. It seems his mother told different people different things, which sources say, has added to confusion. [The K2]?? has one of those versions in Terri Horman's own words: In a brief email in April, recently forwarded to K2 she writes:

"I had my son go live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D's to straight A's within one month of being away from Kaine."That's consistant with what James's father told Williamette Week, adding the 16 year old had been acting out a bit, and was butting heads with his step-father. But Kaine told the Oregonian that their relationship was typical, and it was Terri and her son who didn't get along - he was often the mitigator between the two of them.

That's not what Terri's friend from 24 hour fitness, who testified before a GJ monday, said they heard.In the weeks before Kyron disappeared,that person said Terri was upset, telling them her husband forced her son to move out.  And it's statements like that former police detective C.W. Jenson says investigators will be interested in.

"People want to know, why - what would be the motive for someone to do something to a child like this - and what we've seen, um, in the past in cases like this, where someone hurts a child, they're doing it to get back at their spouse.

Sources at the courthouse will not confirm whether they're looking at this alleged rift between Terri and Kaine as a motive for Kyron's disappearance. We did try to contact James's father and his step-father Kaine, we've sent them both emails, and are waiting to hear back.

It's important to think about the other children involved in this whole case and whole story (inaudible).

Earlier in the day, invesetigators gave us a detailed timeline of where the white truck Terri Horman was driving may have been on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared. But K2 wants to know why are they asking that now, almost 10 weeks after Kyron vanished. Here's On Your Side investigator, Anna Canzono (sp?).

Investigators want to ID the person who was in or near the Hormans' F250 truck between 8:15 and 8:45 the morning Kyron disappeared.

Investigator - "A witness, or witnesses have come forward and provided us with information about a person or persons associated with that pickup truck ..."

Ann Canzono -"They are confirming the person as DeDe Spicher, but they do know she was supposed to be working on a farm nearby that morning. Invesetigators say they know at some point that morning, the white truck was parked right there, where our news vehicle is parked right now, directly in front of Skyline school, along Skyline.  At a different part of the morning, investigators say they also know the white truck was parked further up this gravel road, about 60 feet away from the original location. Well, where does this gravel road go - we wanted to know - if you follow it around the corner of the school you get to a path that is alongside the playground area of the school, and the path leads up to a side entrance of the Skyline school. And just so you get the full perspective, anybody that was up here on the main grounds of the school for the science fair wouldn't have been able to see anything that was happening down below. Not the white truck, and not the gravel road leading up to the side of the school. Investigators also want to identify the witness who parked their vehicle on the south side of the school parking lot during that half hour between 8:15 and 8:45. They want to talk to anyone who saw the Horman truck at the Fred Meyer on Embry Drive in Hillsborough around 9, and the one on Walker Road at Beaverton around 10. After that they want hear from anyone who saw the white truck traveling on these roads east of Kyron's school, Skyline, between approximately Newberry and Springville Roads, and on or around Germantown Road and/or Old Germantown Road.

MuffyBee - I included it in the text (embedded) was that not OK? Will be happy to do it differently in the future.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2010, 08:16:17 AM »

I'm going to Tip-Toe around this post, 'cause I do not have a link. The link to HLN's transcript is not available as yet for 8/11/10.

A "Criminal Profiler" questioned if SM obtained a prescription and gave to Kyron?  If the prescription was for an ear ache, it could

have been a med to allow the child to sleep.  Remember SM said the baby wouldn't sleep at night?

Very possible.

Police Ask Public for Leads in Kyron`s Disappearance; `Idol` Winner Recovering From Sleeping Pill Overdose

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Well, that`s absolutely true, but also, the question is, maybe she`s telling half the truth, which is very common in this kind of situation if you`re guilty. She could have been purchasing certain meds to make her daughter sleepy, but she could have also been giving those meds to Kyron if she did something to him. In other words, to knock him out and then do something to him. So it might be half the truth; it might not be. That`s what they have to figure out

CNN'S Link for transcripts, IDK when they are released:  http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/2010.08.11.html

My doctor gives, at the most, antibiotics, for an ear infection.  I always took him for a car ride to calm him down or walked the floor with him.  Antibiotics don't knock a kid out.

If this is what happened, maybe she gave him too much.  She may have looked at Kiara's size and looked at Kyron's size and doubled it.  I don't even thin a double dose would do it--unless he was allergic to the medication.

It is so hard for me to imagine someone who is so dedicated to children, hurting one.  I am tired of people entrusted with the care of children, in this case teachers, hurting them.  I just see it too much having a child with special needs.  I am so tired of it, I could scream.  Why don't these people get a psych eval each year along with their physical.  Mental health is health, too.

Hey Bearly!
I am by no means an expert in the medical field....far from it.But I do know that different people are affected differently by different meds. My son for example can take a Benydryl and go play baseball....I , on the other hand have to go to bed if I take a Benydryl and will have a hangover from it for most of the next day.My son can take a Phenergran and stay awake and can even take a half of one and attend classes, I, on the other hand will be knocked out for a good 24 hours....just a thought.

I know what you are saying about the psych eval. Just a month or so ago one of my sons teachers from his sophomore year was arrested for attempted murder ( 2nd degree , I think) seems she attempted to "protect" her son from harm from others by trying to overdose him and herself. When the word first got out about it, all of the kids were not believing it and actually saying that if she was arrested for attempted murder it was probably because someone had tried to harm said son as she was absolutely crazy about the kid.......go figure.....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2010, 08:25:10 AM »

Very good video!  They are finally covering the James situation, and that walkthrough was great!  Thanks Labadorable! 

It sure is scary, Grey!  Something was going on there that they were trying to conceal from the rest of the school.

I have been wondering if James was the source of the motive for getting back at Kaine.  I didn't get remarry until my son was grown, because none of the men I dated would have been good stepfathers.  So, I get see it as a motive but not a good reason.  Only a sick, twisted person would get rid of a little child to get back at someone else!

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2010, 08:25:54 AM »

Oops!  "remarried"

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2010, 08:28:04 AM »

Very possible.

Hey Bearly!
I am by no means an expert in the medical field....far from it.But I do know that different people are affected differently by different meds. My son for example can take a Benydryl and go play baseball....I , on the other hand have to go to bed if I take a Benydryl and will have a hangover from it for most of the next day.My son can take a Phenergran and stay awake and can even take a half of one and attend classes, I, on the other hand will be knocked out for a good 24 hours....just a thought.

I know what you are saying about the psych eval. Just a month or so ago one of my sons teachers from his sophomore year was arrested for attempted murder ( 2nd degree , I think) seems she attempted to "protect" her son from harm from others by trying to overdose him and herself. When the word first got out about it, all of the kids were not believing it and actually saying that if she was arrested for attempted murder it was probably because someone had tried to harm said son as she was absolutely crazy about the kid.......go figure.....

It's very frightening, Cubbee.  We are so very careful who we will let near our children, including changing doctors if it feels wrong, then we send them to school and need to trust people, we don't even know, with our children.  I have had my child come home and tell me the most personal information from people who had worked one on one with him that day.  It seems they needed a shoulder and he was very good at listening and commenting.  I have never tried to parentify my child or bring him into the adult world of problems.  There is no way to control who sees your child or who spends time alone with them.  There is no need for anyone to be alone with my child at school.  There is just too much temptation for something improper to happen.  I do not necessarily mean physical.

Why do I bring this up?  I believe the way to stop another Kyron in the future is by prevention.  We need to take a long hard look at the people with our children.  Unions need to agree to protect our children and make sure the teachers they support are qualified to be around children.  Where is the childrens' union?  I think that should have been first.

I believe in miracles!
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2010, 08:30:25 AM »

Very good video!  They are finally covering the James situation, and that walkthrough was great!  Thanks Labadorable! 

It sure is scary, Grey!  Something was going on there that they were trying to conceal from the rest of the school.

I have been wondering if James was the source of the motive for getting back at Kaine.  I didn't get remarry until my son was grown, because none of the men I dated would have been good stepfathers.  So, I get see it as a motive but not a good reason.  Only a sick, twisted person would get rid of a little child to get back at someone else!

That really was a great video, with great visuals. Thank you! I transcribed it (above) because sometimes it is helpful for me to see things written out, and to be able to go back and read it over again later. But you don't get those visuals in the transcribed version!
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2010, 08:33:49 AM »

Good Morning All.    Time to wake up and solve this case lets bring our boy home today safe.   

::Baseball::Hey Terri thow us a tip. We will catch it and use it to bring Kyron home. Please!

Afterall you are very blog savy and maybe you could have one of your girl buddies do it for you.

Just have her make it very clear that it is her who has the information not you. That way she will go down for it not you. Just keepin with your original plan here is all.

I wanted to thank everyone who posted about the email released on KATU at 11pm. Made it real easy for me to get up and read it.

I'm curious about sharing info from Blink here and from here on Blink. What are the rules regarding this? There is an interesting discussion regarding Roger back when they were searching by the school. 

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2010, 08:35:51 AM »

I hope somebody remembers that diving sticker she later removed.

(Grapevine comment)

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=371293&page=19

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2010, 08:36:31 AM »

MuffyBee - I included it, embedded in the text.  Is it not supposed to be embedded, but cut and pasted separately?  Please advise so I can do things right Smile Thanks! Sorry if I double asked this question, but wanted to do the shorter version without all the text - maybe it won't get lost in the shuffle.  Thanks for all the hard work here at SM Smile
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2010, 08:42:23 AM »

I hope somebody remembers that diving sticker she later removed.

(Grapevine comment)

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=371293&page=19

HollysGmom July 25, 2010 at 6:38PM
Follow

Here is a picture of DeDe's blue vehicle WITH diving/SAR sticker and without. WHy did she remove it? When did she remove it?

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron%20Horman%20%20-OR-/th_WindowDecalKlamathCountyDiveRescue.jpg

Here is the picture of the blocks being taken from DeDe's condo.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron%20Horman%20%20-OR-/?action=view¤t=block.jpg

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/armchair_detectives_true-crime/4053/comments-9.html

Hat's off to HollysGmom, Good job, Holly! 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2010, 08:42:28 AM »

MuffyBee - I included it, embedded in the text.  Is it not supposed to be embedded, but cut and pasted separately?  Please advise so I can do things right Smile Thanks! Sorry if I double asked this question, but wanted to do the shorter version without all the text - maybe it won't get lost in the shuffle.  Thanks for all the hard work here at SM Smile

What Muffy was saying is the text was GREAT but please always add the link to where the text came from whether it's a video or an article or another website.  TIA.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.