April 27, 2024, 04:31:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #18 8/11/10 - 8/13/10  (Read 222831 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2010, 08:43:04 AM »

KATU news clip from tonight @ 11 pm with the email from Terri and a good "walk through" of the side gravel road next to Skyline.  The camera following the walk up the gravel road to the entrance of the school - you realized quickly why parking the truck there would be a benefit if you had the need for a quick, speedy get away.  KATU uploaded on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_MsDrlAUU

Thanks for the link, Labadorable.

Jame's bio father may have only heard Terri's version about moving James out of the home when he spoke with the press. By now he has fully discussed it with James to get the real truth, and I am sure LE and the Grand Jury have narrowed down the truth about the move. If Terri told me the sky is blue, I would ask for at three corroborating witnesses.

The video has great visuals about the access road. Scary.

Very good video!  They are finally covering the James situation, and that walkthrough was great!  Thanks Labadorable! 

It sure is scary, Grey!  Something was going on there that they were trying to conceal from the rest of the school.

I have been wondering if James was the source of the motive for getting back at Kaine.  I didn't get remarry until my son was grown, because none of the men I dated would have been good stepfathers.  So, I get see it as a motive but not a good reason.  Only a sick, twisted person would get rid of a little child to get back at someone else!

It could be she loved James so much, she just snapped.  It is important to note we do not need to know what a  person in their right mind thought, but we need to know what someone whose thinking may be off thought.

I thing Terri loved children so much, she could not stand to have her son gone.  Maybe she felt she could not have her son because of Kaine, therefore, he could not have his.  I think it was because she was obsessed with children, and not the opposite.  Don't forget, James changed his name to Moulton, not Horman.

It is more important to know, not what the truth was about James moving out, but why Terri thought he moved out.  It would be her motive, not ours.

She was obsessed with her exercising and now she was obsessed with children.  Kyron, I believe, was a child with special needs, and they are at least two times as likely to be abused.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2010, 08:43:49 AM »

Someone linked this video, and I transcribed it - bolding the parts I find most interesting:  (Edit to add link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_MsDrlAUU ) Please include the link when posting.  MuffyBee

MuffyBee - I included it, embedded in the text.  Is it not supposed to be embedded, but cut and pasted separately?  Please advise so I can do things right Smile Thanks! Sorry if I double asked this question, but wanted to do the shorter version without all the text - maybe it won't get lost in the shuffle.  Thanks for all the hard work here at SM Smile

What Muffy was saying is the text was GREAT but please always add the link to where the text came from whether it's a video or an article or another website.  TIA.

Thanks Klaas - but my question was - I did include it  - it was embedded in text in my post. Was that not OK?
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2010, 08:44:09 AM »

Someone linked this video, and I transcribed it - bolding the parts I find most interesting:  (Edit to add link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_MsDrlAUU ) Please include the link when posting.  MuffyBee

MuffyBee - I included it, embedded in the text.  Is it not supposed to be embedded, but cut and pasted separately?  Please advise so I can do things right Smile Thanks! Sorry if I double asked this question, but wanted to do the shorter version without all the text - maybe it won't get lost in the shuffle.  Thanks for all the hard work here at SM Smile

What Muffy was saying is the text was GREAT but please always add the link to where the text came from whether it's a video or an article or another website.  TIA.

----------------------------

What is this? Hop into the box day?

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2010, 08:44:15 AM »

I do not know if the "blocks" are taken from DDS condo. HollysGMom posted comment, maybe, she has vertification.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/armchair_detectives_true-crime/4053/comments-9.html

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2010, 08:47:39 AM »

Thanks Klaas - but my question was - I did include it  - it was embedded in text in my post. Was that not OK?

It was embedded like this. Is that not OK?
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2010, 08:49:39 AM »

wasn't Terri wearing a ball cap the day she and Kaine went to the gym and wouldn't talk to media?

she was
http://www.katu.com/news/local/96033344.html?tab=video

was going to upload a pic, dont have that option anymore i guess
ill send to klaas

I have it in Kyron's picture thread here: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8203.20

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2010, 08:51:43 AM »

KATU news clip from tonight @ 11 pm with the email from Terri and a good "walk through" of the side gravel road next to Skyline.  The camera following the walk up the gravel road to the entrance of the school - you realized quickly why parking the truck there would be a benefit if you had the need for a quick, speedy get away.  KATU uploaded on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_MsDrlAUU

Thanks for the link, Labadorable.

Jame's bio father may have only heard Terri's version about moving James out of the home when he spoke with the press. By now he has fully discussed it with James to get the real truth, and I am sure LE and the Grand Jury have narrowed down the truth about the move. If Terri told me the sky is blue, I would ask for at three corroborating witnesses.

The video has great visuals about the access road. Scary.

Now I know why they wanted to know if someone saw Terri the day before, it was to find out how she knew all these things about the layout of the land, and what you could and couldn't see and from where.

It's a shame, she could have gotten a job writing for CSI.  She apparently could not get a job teaching.  She could not leave Kaine because she was strapped for money.  I also believe he was controlling with money and other things.  Even though he bought her that mustang, he bought the mustang.  He, I believe was absolutely too controlling and she felt trapped and felt that was her only recourse.  I don't think she could stand the thought of sharing Kiara with Kaine either, if they were to break up.  It is never okay to hurt a child or anyone else, but I think I see what could have messed up her thinking.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2010, 08:55:07 AM »

OK, just woke up and reading this.  Going to post the article in "parts" so I can comment on each section.  My comments in blue:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100511654.html

Terri Horman e-mail provides insight into family tensions

By Anita Kissée KATU News and KATU.com Staff

Story Updated: Aug 11, 2010 at 11:46 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son that provides new insight into the tension that may have been brewing in the Horman household. (2 months before Kyron went missing?  Premeditated)

Throughout the two-and-a-half month search for Kyron, his older stepbrother, James Moulton, has stayed out of the spotlight. In March, James went to live in Roseburg, but the reason why depends on who is asked.

It seems his mother, Terri Horman, has told different people different things and sources say it has added to the confusion. (maybe confusion is exactly what she wants?)

One version - in Horman’s own words - was recently forwarded to KATU News.

“I had my son go to live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D’s to straight A’s within one month of being away from Kaine,” she wrote in an April 6 e-mail. (in this version it was Terri's idea for the sake of James)

That’s consistent with what James’ father, Ron Tarver, told Willamette Week, adding the 16-year-old had been acting out and butting heads with his stepfather. But Kaine Horman told The Oregonian their relationship was typical and that Terri and her son were the ones who didn’t get along. Kaine said he was often the mitigator between the two of them (not uncommon for a 16yr old child, male or female, to butt heads with adults)

But that’s not what Terri’s friend from 24-Hour Fitness, who testified before the grand jury Monday, said they heard. In the weeks before Kyron disappeared, that person said Terri was upset, telling the friend her husband forced her son to move out. (in this version Kaine forced him out)

It’s statements like that that former Portland police detective C.W. Jensen says investigators will be interested in.

People want to know what would be the motive for someone to do something to a child like this,” Jensen said. “And what we’ve seen in the past in cases like this where someone hurts a child, they’re doing it to get back at their spouse.”

This tells me that whatever happened to Kyron it happened out of SPITE and Terri is responsible.

amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2010, 08:57:16 AM »

----------------------------

What is this? Hop into the box day?

I know, right??? I keep trying to stay OUT of the box, making sure I am ... only to find myself IN the box when I post!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2010, 08:57:27 AM »

It was embedded like this. Is that not OK?

oops, yes that is fine.  Most of us don't know how or take the time to embed it that way.    Sorry about the confusion.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2010, 08:58:56 AM »

Once the quote stacks get messed up (usually by trying to snip some out) they are hard to fix. 
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2010, 09:00:08 AM »

oops, yes that is fine.  Most of us don't know how or take the time to embed it that way.    Sorry about the confusion.

Whew, thanks - I was so confused, because SM gives that feature, so I used it ... and ... well, thanks!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2010, 09:00:32 AM »

Pandora has a nice Wit about her. Baby-Boomers would remember this clip.

http://www.justicequest.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51058&page=12

Hats off to Pandora! 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2010, 09:02:20 AM »

Whew, thanks - I was so confused, because SM gives that feature, so I used it ... and ... well, thanks!

May I ask please, how do I embed a link like amom2 did?  TIA

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Labadorable
Scared Monkey

« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2010, 09:06:27 AM »

I wonder if James will be called to the GJ....or.......in the GJ phase they do not need to worry about motive?  But as the only person who has consistently been in Terri's life he might have great insight and or recall of her frame of mind.  Even if he has not been in the house since January something tells me she might have left "hints" in conversations with James that she was going to even the score for James???  JMCO...
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2010, 09:09:03 AM »

OK, just woke up and reading this.  Going to post the article in "parts" so I can comment on each section.  My comments in blue:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100511654.html

Terri Horman e-mail provides insight into family tensions

By Anita Kissée KATU News and KATU.com Staff

Story Updated: Aug 11, 2010 at 11:46 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son that provides new insight into the tension that may have been brewing in the Horman household. (2 months before Kyron went missing?  Premeditated)

Throughout the two-and-a-half month search for Kyron, his older stepbrother, James Moulton, has stayed out of the spotlight. In March, James went to live in Roseburg, but the reason why depends on who is asked.

It seems his mother, Terri Horman, has told different people different things and sources say it has added to the confusion. (maybe confusion is exactly what she wants?)

One version - in Horman’s own words - was recently forwarded to KATU News.

“I had my son go to live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D’s to straight A’s within one month of being away from Kaine,” she wrote in an April 6 e-mail. (in this version it was Terri's idea for the sake of James)

That’s consistent with what James’ father, Ron Tarver, told Willamette Week, adding the 16-year-old had been acting out and butting heads with his stepfather. But Kaine Horman told The Oregonian their relationship was typical and that Terri and her son were the ones who didn’t get along. Kaine said he was often the mitigator between the two of them (not uncommon for a 16yr old child, male or female, to butt heads with adults)

But that’s not what Terri’s friend from 24-Hour Fitness, who testified before the grand jury Monday, said they heard. In the weeks before Kyron disappeared, that person said Terri was upset, telling the friend her husband forced her son to move out. (in this version Kaine forced him out)

It’s statements like that that former Portland police detective C.W. Jensen says investigators will be interested in.

People want to know what would be the motive for someone to do something to a child like this,” Jensen said. “And what we’ve seen in the past in cases like this where someone hurts a child, they’re doing it to get back at their spouse.”

This tells me that whatever happened to Kyron it happened out of SPITE and Terri is responsible.

The inconsistancies! In the video (originally posted by (Sebastian?) I transcribed, this part:

Ann Canzono -"They are confirming the person as DeDe Spicher, but they do know she was supposed to be working on a farm nearby that morning. Invesetigators say they know at some point that morning, the white truck was parked right there, where our news vehicle is parked right now, directly in front of Skyline school, along Skyline.  At a different part of the morning, investigators say they also know the white truck was parked further up this gravel road, about 60 feet away from the original location. Well, where does this gravel road go - we wanted to know - if you follow it around the corner of the school you get to a path that is alongside the playground area of the school, and the path leads up to a side entrance of the Skyline school. And just so you get the full perspective, anybody that was up here on the main grounds of the school for the science fair wouldn't have been able to see anything that was happening down below. Not the white truck, and not the gravel road leading up to the side of the school. Investigators also want to identify the witness who parked their vehicle on the south side of the school parking lot during that half hour between 8:15 and 8:45. They want to talk to anyone who saw the Horman truck at the Fred Meyer on Embry Drive in Hillsborough around 9, and the one on Walker Road at Beaverton around 10. After that they want hear from anyone who saw the white truck traveling on these roads east of Kyron's school, Skyline, between approximately Newberry and Springville Roads, and on or around Germantown Road and/or Old Germantown Road.

has great visuals!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2010, 09:09:38 AM »

Klaas & akmom2 - I did see the link was embedded, and I appreciate the link was included & the article was great. My concern was for some posters that may not realize how it works, and if they want to refer to it, they would need to go back, click on your "linked this video", then would need to realize about the link, copy and paste it etc.  It may be easy for some, but for others, maybe not so easy.  You didn't do anything wrong at all akmom2.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mediamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2010, 09:10:49 AM »

If LE or FBI wanted a current (like right now) satellite view they could get it.  We normal people only have access to places like Google Earth which depending upon the area can be several years old.  I know that in my neighborhood the google maps are about 5 or 6 years old at least.

ITA..goverment, military, certain industry have paid for and financed the sat system from the beginning..they get first dibs.
Edited:  Right LE/FBI would have access to something like that if they really really wanted it and it was not a security issue long before any of us would.

A few pages behind so you may have already answered this - but are the sat images archived? IOW, if the FBI/CIA/etc wanted a specific view of June 4 but didn't realize they'd need it until, say, June 26, would it even still be available?

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

- Plato
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2010, 09:13:56 AM »

May I ask please, how do I embed a link like amom2 did?  TIA

I'm going to put spaces where there shouldn't be, so it will show up as text instead of as an embedded link:

[ url = http://www.katu.com/news/local/100511654.html ] like this [ / url ]

Now, take out the spaces between [ and url, between url and =, and other spaces you can see there ...

ok ... text

Hope this helps! Oh, I like to bold the text so it really shows up.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2010, 09:17:30 AM »

If LE or FBI wanted a current (like right now) satellite view they could get it.  We normal people only have access to places like Google Earth which depending upon the area can be several years old.  I know that in my neighborhood the google maps are about 5 or 6 years old at least.

ITA..goverment, military, certain industry have paid for and financed the sat system from the beginning..they get first dibs.
Edited:  Right LE/FBI would have access to something like that if they really really wanted it and it was not a security issue long before any of us would.

A few pages behind so you may have already answered this - but are the sat images archived? IOW, if the FBI/CIA/etc wanted a specific view of June 4 but didn't realize they'd need it until, say, June 26, would it even still be available?

I don't know for a fact but I'd bet money that they are available for a very long time. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.