April 27, 2024, 08:42:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #18 8/11/10 - 8/13/10  (Read 222805 times)
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2010, 09:18:32 AM »

Klaas & akmom2 - I did see the link was embedded, and I appreciate the link was included & the article was great. My concern was for some posters that may not realize how it works, and if they want to refer to it, they would need to go back, click on your "linked this video", then would need to realize about the link, copy and paste it etc.  It may be easy for some, but for others, maybe not so easy.  You didn't do anything wrong at all akmom2.   

Oops ... so it is OK to embed - or it isn't OK to embed? Seems I might have started something and we ought to figure it out. This is how it's done most places I've been, so IMHO, people are or ought to get used to it ... but will certainly abide by whatever SM wants me to do! Only thing is, hyperlink is blue, and that is what is also used by non-mods to highlight what they want to say. Might have webmaster pick a different hyperlink color, or mods change what color they have non-mods use to highlight?

Sorry for the confusion, truly - but embedding hyperlinks is very common elsewhere. Again, will be happy to abide by whatever you all choose.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2010, 09:21:19 AM »

Someone linked this video, and I transcribed it - bolding the parts I find most interesting:  (Edit to add link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_MsDrlAUU ) Please include the link when posting.  MuffyBee

MuffyBee - I included it, embedded in the text.  Is it not supposed to be embedded, but cut and pasted separately?  Please advise so I can do things right Smile Thanks! Sorry if I double asked this question, but wanted to do the shorter version without all the text - maybe it won't get lost in the shuffle.  Thanks for all the hard work here at SM Smile

What Muffy was saying is the text was GREAT but please always add the link to where the text came from whether it's a video or an article or another website.  TIA.

I see what you are saying, amom, you are saying the link is there (if you click on   linked this video it will bring you to the link.

I think what the confusion is that people are used to seeing the link the way Muffy wrote it and not embedded in the text.  To avoid confusion, I would put it the way people are used to seeing it, and that is, spelling out the link instead of embedding it.  Thanks.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2010, 09:21:28 AM »

If LE or FBI wanted a current (like right now) satellite view they could get it.  We normal people only have access to places like Google Earth which depending upon the area can be several years old.  I know that in my neighborhood the google maps are about 5 or 6 years old at least.

ITA..goverment, military, certain industry have paid for and financed the sat system from the beginning..they get first dibs.
Edited:  Right LE/FBI would have access to something like that if they really really wanted it and it was not a security issue long before any of us would.

A few pages behind so you may have already answered this - but are the sat images archived? IOW, if the FBI/CIA/etc wanted a specific view of June 4 but didn't realize they'd need it until, say, June 26, would it even still be available?

I don't know for a fact but I'd bet money that they are available for a very long time. 

Agree. Probably forever. Two months is a piece of cake to retrieve. The question is whether there are satellite images available of that location at that time.

amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2010, 09:22:06 AM »

As to meds - Terri likely had other prescription meds available, she could have used. Remember, the woman who murdered the child in the church was drugging her. Don't like to use the M word. Really hoping against all odds he is still alive.

But murder or kidnapping, I am betting she used drugs. Hoping, actually, because then maybe he was not aware of what was happening to him. Sad

mediamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2010, 09:26:40 AM »

WHERE IS KYRON?!?

I'm just so frustrated with this, I could cry. Sad

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

- Plato
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2010, 09:26:53 AM »

To those who feel this will take forever to be solved ... I really don't think so! I think that the heat is on, and many, many people saw things that day. All they need is enough witnesses and other evidence, and one friend to crack under the pressure. The more witnesses and evidence they gather, the worse for that friend who DOESN'T crack. Giving it up may be their only opportunity to avoid harder consequences.
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »

WHERE IS KYRON?!?

It is very difficult, knowing that those who hold the answer are selfishly keeping their information to themselves.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2010, 09:30:07 AM »

Klaas & akmom2 - I did see the link was embedded, and I appreciate the link was included & the article was great. My concern was for some posters that may not realize how it works, and if they want to refer to it, they would need to go back, click on your "linked this video", then would need to realize about the link, copy and paste it etc.  It may be easy for some, but for others, maybe not so easy.  You didn't do anything wrong at all akmom2.   

Oops ... so it is OK to embed - or it isn't OK to embed? Seems I might have started something and we ought to figure it out. This is how it's done most places I've been, so IMHO, people are or ought to get used to it ... but will certainly abide by whatever SM wants me to do! Only thing is, hyperlink is blue, and that is what is also used by non-mods to highlight what they want to say. Might have webmaster pick a different hyperlink color, or mods change what color they have non-mods use to highlight?

Sorry for the confusion, truly - but embedding hyperlinks is very common elsewhere. Again, will be happy to abide by whatever you all choose.

Embedding the link is FINE, it's just not normally done and does cause some confusion BUT IT SHOULDN'T.  I can count on one hand over the last 5+ years in this forum people that have embedded url's that way.  It is a feature we have but most don't use. 

AGAIN - It's fine to use and WE in the forum should probably just learn to look for it.

Now, I think we've discussed the darn embedded url enough in Kyron's thread   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2010, 09:30:28 AM »

Once the quote stacks get messed up (usually by trying to snip some out) they are hard to fix. 

Yes, you just have to make sure the number of names at the top match the number of (I am going to break this apart or it will look like a messed up stack)  [ / q u o t e] on the bottom and both parenthesis and the end of the quote looks exactly like that without any change at all.

I believe in miracles!
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2010, 09:30:50 AM »

With what we know now and suspect, I can see Terri going for an insanity defense (probably won't work with premeditation and cover-up) and DeDe trying for immunity or a sweetheart plea deal. If DeDe doesn't play her cards right, she could wind up holding the bag on this along with the longest sentence.

I only want Kyron back. Then, those two and their cohorts can rot.

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »

Hi Monkeys!

This is my Theory!

I think Kaine and James were butting heads, and that's why James went to live with his father.  It takes two to "tangle" in a marriage, and I believe Kaine had some culpability in the beginning.  However, it takes a sick and twisted person to attempt to arrange a murder for hire and, when that failed, do something to the spouse's child for revenge.  I don't know how much Terry "loves" her children.  Sociopaths usually love their natural children, because they consider them extensions of themselves.  That wouldn't include stepchildren.  I think Terri felt that, since she had cared for Kyron all these years, Kaine should have acted in the same manner with James.  When James had to leave, she became a person bent on revenge.  So, that is what I think happened.  She couldn't get Kaine killed.  So, rather than do that herself, she took it out on a smaller, weaker person who couldn't defend himself.

That is a very simple explanation, but "sometimes the simplest explanations are the best". 

This is just my opinion.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2010, 09:32:49 AM »

I see what you are saying, amom, you are saying the link is there (if you click on   linked this video it will bring you to the link.

I think what the confusion is that people are used to seeing the link the way Muffy wrote it and not embedded in the text.  To avoid confusion, I would put it the way people are used to seeing it, and that is, spelling out the link instead of embedding it.  Thanks.

Maybe what I should do is just put a *link embedded in text* note when I do that - until people get used to it? Anyhow ... why am I still on the computer! So much to do today! Ack! See you all later ... hope I don't have a bazillion pages to catch up on when I get back here. Maybe when I get back - the big break will have come. Praying to see an end to this soon.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2010, 09:36:19 AM »

WHERE IS KYRON?!?

Scoot over a little and have one of my tissues.

I believe in miracles!
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2010, 09:36:54 AM »

Embedding the link is FINE, it's just not normally done and does cause some confusion BUT IT SHOULDN'T.  I can count on one hand over the last 5+ years in this forum people that have embedded url's that way.  It is a feature we have but most don't use. 

AGAIN - It's fine to use and WE in the forum should probably just learn to look for it.

Now, I think we've discussed the darn embedded url enough in Kyron's thread   

Didn't see this before my last post - amen and amen - and no more talk of embedding. Thanks for clearing up confusion. Yay for you and MuffyBee for all your hard work. 

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming ... Bring Kyron Home!
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2010, 09:41:37 AM »

Hi Monkeys!

This is my Theory!

I think Kaine and James were butting heads, and that's why James went to live with his father.  It takes two to "tangle" in a marriage, and I believe Kaine had some culpability in the beginning.  However, it takes a sick and twisted person to attempt to arrange a murder for hire and, when that failed, do something to the spouse's child for revenge.  I don't know how much Terry "loves" her children.  Sociopaths usually love their natural children, because they consider them extensions of themselves.  That wouldn't include stepchildren.  I think Terri felt that, since she had cared for Kyron all these years, Kaine should have acted in the same manner with James.  When James had to leave, she became a person bent on revenge.  So, that is what I think happened.  She couldn't get Kaine killed.  So, rather than do that herself, she took it out on a smaller, weaker person who couldn't defend himself.

That is a very simple explanation, but "sometimes the simplest explanations are the best". 

This is just my opinion.

It could be that both Kaine and Terri were butting heads with James, but in Terri's mind it was okay for her to do so but not for Kaine. She might not have seen problems with her interactions with James.

James was not gone from their lives. He was nearby. He arrived that Saturday for a planned visit.

I hope people are explaining to James that he is not the problem here. It's the adults, and one may be psycho.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2010, 09:44:32 AM »

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son that provides new insight into the tension that may have been brewing in the Horman household.    Where in the world are these emails coming from, the way it is stated it sounds like the emails are going directly to KATU News.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2010, 09:45:16 AM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100511654.html

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son that provides new insight into the tension that may have been brewing in the Horman household.

(snipped)

OK, I was reading it wrong (blame it on not enough coffee).  I was thinking she emailed KATU news 2 months before Kyron went missing but she emailed a FRIEND that is the KATU NEWS SOURCE.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2010, 09:46:51 AM »

Hi Monkeys!

This is my Theory!

This is just my opinion.

It could be that both Kaine and Terri were butting heads with James, but in Terri's mind it was okay for her to do so but not for Kaine. She might not have seen problems with her interactions with James.

James was not gone from their lives. He was nearby. He arrived that Saturday for a planned visit.

I hope people are explaining to James that he is not the problem here. It's the adults, and one may be psycho.

Grey - I hope so too.  James needs to be reassured that none of this is his fault. 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2010, 09:47:18 AM »

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son that provides new insight into the tension that may have been brewing in the Horman household.

(snipped)

OK, I was reading it wrong (blame it on not enough coffee).  I was thinking she emailed KATU news 2 months before Kyron went missing but she emailed a FRIEND that is the KATU NEWS SOURCE.

Everyone is going to be confused.  It was worded poorly.

I believe in miracles!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2010, 09:48:10 AM »

(snipped)

That is exactly what I thought it meant, and couldn't figure out why she would be emailing a news station 2 months before Kyron went missing 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.