April 28, 2024, 04:17:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #18 8/11/10 - 8/13/10  (Read 222859 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2010, 11:14:39 AM »

Landscaper Terri allegedly tried to hire to kill Kaine appears before grand jury

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Landscaper-Terri-allegedly-tried-to-hire-to-kill/DsZPsC9z3UujvXc6ZrUh-Q.cspx

link added

What wrongdoing would the landscaper be granted immunity from.  Obviously ... he never went along with any MFH plot.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2010, 11:14:48 AM »

IMO, Terri was the control freak in that marriage. She had free reign M-F while Kaine worked. He had no idea what she did. I have known controlling husbands.....their wives couldn't as much as go to the grocery store without permission.
Of course, having a toddler limited her "options" when Kiara was born.
They were only married for what 3-4 years. She was unhappy for a long time??
If Kaine was so controlling for the 3-4 years prior to them getting married, she had the choice to not marry Kaine.
I've been married for 29 years......if I was unhappy in my marriage, 29 years would be A LONG TIME. Not 3 -4 years.

Terri was sick of parenting a teen, a young child and a baby. She got rid of James (IMO that was her decision, she just blamed Kaine like always) Yes, she could have told Kaine she wanted Desiree and Tony to take full custody of Kyron.....but Terri would NEVER admit her failure as a mother of Kyron to Desiree. Not a chance in he!!. Terri always thought she was better than Desiree in every way, including being a better mother to Kyron.
IMO

All very good points.

I have always wondered why people are saying Kaine was controlling. He may be to some degree, but Terri had a lot of freedom. If anyone was controlling, it could well be Terri.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2010, 11:16:13 AM »

Y.W. NoRose!   

The CSI Twins will need Adult-Diapers soon. The CSI-Twins will Doo-Doo in their drawers

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2010, 11:17:35 AM »

Wow!  Terri parked far out in the parking lot.  Usually those big box stores aren't too crowded in the morning.  This is probably another sign that other/others were in the truck.  If she had left Kiara and/or Kyron in the truck, people would be likely to notice if she parked closer.

One day I was at the post office.  A woman went into the post office, and left her car running with her baby in the car.   

I waited until she came out.  Then I asked her if she realized what a chance she was taking.  I told her someone could have hopped into her car and taken off.  This is a small town, but that could happen in small towns, too.

When children are left in cars there are people, like me, who will speak to the parents or the police about it.

Every time I see one of those trucks around here (all the way across the states) I want to call LE at first, then I remember where I am.  We really all are concerned about the welfare of children.

Terri really has done a lot to make sure she was seen but not seen that day.

My son loves anime and he really likes your avi.

Thanks, Bearlyhere!  I love anime also, and I'm 60!  LOL!

Tell him I love to watch anything by Hiyao Miyazaki! 

Also, give him this link for youtube.  This is Mark Crilley's channel, and he has amazing videos where he draws manga, which is anime art.

http://www.youtube.com/user/markcrilley#p/a

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2010, 11:18:08 AM »

IMO, Terri was the control freak in that marriage. She had free reign M-F while Kaine worked. He had no idea what she did. I have known controlling husbands.....their wives couldn't as much as go to the grocery store without permission.
If Kaine was so controlling for the 3-4 years prior to them getting married, she had the choice to not marry Kaine.
I've been married for 29 years......if I was unhappy in my marriage, 29 years would be A LONG TIME. Not 3 -4 years.

Terri was sick of parenting a teen, a young child and a baby. She got rid of James (IMO that was her decision, she just blamed Kaine like always) Yes, she could have told Kaine she wanted Desiree and Tony to take full custody of Kyron.....but Terri would NEVER admit her failure as a mother of Kyron to Desiree. Not a chance in he!!. Terri always thought she was better than Desiree in every way, including being a better mother to Kyron.
IMO

I can see your side of this also.

I am remembering Kyron's email about not talking to the police.

I remember going to a doctor's appointment where my son had been up for 3 days (as an infant), he rarely slept and 3 days was not unusual.  I remember my eyes being so sore, I could not get my contacts in.  My mother was with me because she was a nurse and wanted to tell the doctor that I was not prone to hysterics, there was something wrong.  I remember the doctor saying to my Mom, please take this child for a while (I lived with her) so this Mom can get some rest.  We don't want our mothers hurting their babies.  I was in a state of total exhaustion.

I wonder if part of it all was that Terri got burnt out by being the caretaker of everyone.  I can only tell you that when your body has had it, it does not act normally.  I never even hit my child so it was a non issue for me.  But, my point is, the doctor mentioned it and begged my Mom to take my son, so it has to been an issue for some.  (She never did, the screaming was more than she could handle).

She really did look lousy at the end.  What could have caused it?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2010, 11:18:11 AM »

Thanks seahorse

I hope that LE has evidence that supports the landscapers claim that a MFH attempt was a reality.

Think about it.  Terri has not be charged with attempting to have her husband killed.  Something is hinky.

Think about it.  The sting failed because Terri called 911 to report what appeared to be an extortion attempt by the landscaper.

Janet

++++

Landscaper Terri allegedly tried to hire to kill Kaine appears before grand jury
Last Update: 7:33 am

The landscaper in the alleged murder-for-hire plot involving Terri Horman testified before the grand jury, sources told KOIN Local 6.

In a story first reported by The Oregonian, Terri Horman allegedly tried to hire a landscaper to kill Kaine Horman six to seven months before Kyron Horman disappeared.

KL6 has confirmed investigators used an undercover agent on June 26 in an effort to get Terri to open up about the alleged plot. When the agent and the landscaper arrived at the Horman residence on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road that evening, Terri called 911 to report trespassers on the property, foiling the sting.

Law enforcement has not commented about the sting or whether it resulted in any evidence useful in their investigation

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Landscaper-Terri-allegedly-tried-to-hire-to-kill/DsZPsC9z3UujvXc6ZrUh-Q.cspx

There was another case recently of a woman who plotted MFH on a guy, and it was 11 months or so before she was arrested.  I'm not surprised there has not been an arrest yet in Terri's case. I don't have a link, but I think I read about the case on here a while back.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2010, 11:22:29 AM »

link added

What wrongdoing would the landscaper be granted immunity from.  Obviously ... he never went along with any MFH plot.

Janet

That is a good point, but if he is an illegal, wondered if he can get immunity for that?
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2010, 11:24:30 AM »

Thanks seahorse

I hope that LE has evidence that supports the landscapers claim that a MFH attempt was a reality.

Think about it.  Terri has not be charged with attempting to have her husband killed.  Something is hinky.

Think about it.  The sting failed because Terri called 911 to report what appeared to be an extortion attempt by the landscaper.

Janet

++++

Last Update: 7:33 am

The landscaper in the alleged murder-for-hire plot involving Terri Horman testified before the grand jury, sources told KOIN Local 6.

In a story first reported by The Oregonian, Terri Horman allegedly tried to hire a landscaper to kill Kaine Horman six to seven months before Kyron Horman disappeared.

KL6 has confirmed investigators used an undercover agent on June 26 in an effort to get Terri to open up about the alleged plot. When the agent and the landscaper arrived at the Horman residence on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road that evening, Terri called 911 to report trespassers on the property, foiling the sting.

Law enforcement has not commented about the sting or whether it resulted in any evidence useful in their investigation

There was another case recently of a woman who plotted MFH on a guy, and it was 11 months or so before she was arrested.  I'm not surprised there has not been an arrest yet in Terri's case. I don't have a link, but I think I read about the case on here a while back.

Hi Janet & Monkeys's,

Y.W. I am thinking like you suggested.

It only take 5 out of the 7 jurors to indict someone.  I am too willing to be patient or that Hot Shot attorney will get her off.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: August 12, 2010, 11:26:04 AM »

IMO

Unless you are a fly on the wall of the Horman household ... NOBODY knows what the dynamics were.  However ... when you consider the underlying character of a husband who could have an affair on his wife when she was eight months pregnant under any circumstances ... Kaine does not reflect my definition of integrity.

IMO

Janet

++++

Little Boy Lost
Report airs Monday, July 26, 10 p.m./9 C on Dateline NBC
by Kate Snow
NBC News
updated 7/26/2010 6:51:10 PM ET

TRANSCRIPT

DESIREE YOUNG: Unfortunately, Kaine was not faithful to me and met another woman.

KATE SNOW: That was Terri?

DESIREE YOUNG: Mm-hmm.

KATE SNOW: So all of the sudden you know that there's another woman. You're eight months pregnant.

DESIREE YOUNG: Yeah.

KATE SNOW: Must have been a low point in your life.

DESIREE YOUNG: Yeah. It was pretty hard to handle. I cried solid for two months and didn't leave the bedroom because I didn't understand why she somehow equated to something that was better than me and my son.

Kaine, however, insists that he and Desiree had broken up before he stated seeing Terri, agreeing to live separate lives under the same roof just until their baby came along.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38420266

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: August 12, 2010, 11:26:09 AM »

Wow!  Terri parked far out in the parking lot.  Usually those big box stores aren't too crowded in the morning.  This is probably another sign that other/others were in the truck.  If she had left Kiara and/or Kyron in the truck, people would be likely to notice if she parked closer.

One day I was at the post office.  A woman went into the post office, and left her car running with her baby in the car.   

I waited until she came out.  Then I asked her if she realized what a chance she was taking.  I told her someone could have hopped into her car and taken off.  This is a small town, but that could happen in small towns, too.

When children are left in cars there are people, like me, who will speak to the parents or the police about it.

Every time I see one of those trucks around here (all the way across the states) I want to call LE at first, then I remember where I am.  We really all are concerned about the welfare of children.

Also, give him this link for youtube.  This is Mark Crilley's channel, and he has amazing videos where he draws manga, which is anime art.

Thank you, he is packing right now for a visit.  (I am guessing this is okay for a 16 year old).

The moral of the story is, we all need to be vigilant.  Most of us have cell phones that take pictures.  If anything looks out of the ordinary, take pictures of what you are observing.  Don't let anything get by you.  Someone has to protect our children.  The pace at which we live makes it very easy for someone to hurt our children.  Don't let it happen.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #270 on: August 12, 2010, 11:26:20 AM »

Hi Monkeys!

This is my Theory!

I think Kaine and James were butting heads, and that's why James went to live with his father.  It takes two to "tangle" in a marriage, and I believe Kaine had some culpability in the beginning.  However, it takes a sick and twisted person to attempt to arrange a murder for hire and, when that failed, do something to the spouse's child for revenge.  I don't know how much Terry "loves" her children.  Sociopaths usually love their natural children, because they consider them extensions of themselves.  That wouldn't include stepchildren.  I think Terri felt that, since she had cared for Kyron all these years, Kaine should have acted in the same manner with James.  When James had to leave, she became a person bent on revenge.  So, that is what I think happened.  She couldn't get Kaine killed.  So, rather than do that herself, she took it out on a smaller, weaker person who couldn't defend himself.

That is a very simple explanation, but "sometimes the simplest explanations are the best". 

This is just my opinion.

It could be that both Kaine and Terri were butting heads with James, but in Terri's mind it was okay for her to do so but not for Kaine. She might not have seen problems with her interactions with James.

James was not gone from their lives. He was nearby. He arrived that Saturday for a planned visit.

I hope people are explaining to James that he is not the problem here. It's the adults, and one may be psycho.

It could be that Kaine and Terri both butted heads with James because he's a teenager and that happens.  It could be that Kaine was stringent and in order for James to be happy, the best thing for the child was to get him out of that environment.  If so, Terri would have done what was best for her son.  However, it doesn't mean that there wasn't a lot of emotion attached and that maybe Terri thought since she took care of and got along with Kyron (Kaine's son), that Kaine should have worked harder to get along with James (her son).

I think there's some deep divisions going on and probably is one of the main reasons for the "don't talk" stance.  One never knows the true dynamics going on in someone else's home behind closed doors. 

Don't get me wrong...NONE of this would make it okay to hurt Kyron.  None.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #271 on: August 12, 2010, 11:27:27 AM »

IMO

I remember going to a doctor's appointment where my son had been up for 3 days (as an infant), he rarely slept and 3 days was not unusual.  I remember my eyes being so sore, I could not get my contacts in.  My mother was with me because she was a nurse and wanted to tell the doctor that I was not prone to hysterics, there was something wrong.  I remember the doctor saying to my Mom, please take this child for a while (I lived with her) so this Mom can get some rest.  We don't want our mothers hurting their babies.  I was in a state of total exhaustion.

I wonder if part of it all was that Terri got burnt out by being the caretaker of everyone.  I can only tell you that when your body has had it, it does not act normally.  I never even hit my child so it was a non issue for me.  But, my point is, the doctor mentioned it and begged my Mom to take my son, so it has to been an issue for some.  (She never did, the screaming was more than she could handle).

I hear where you are coming from Bearly, believe me. And so true, was Terri burnt out, is she mentally ill, is she just evil, which personally I don't believe she is. Hopefully more info will come out about all this, and what was all happening inside the Horman home. I'm just believe it takes two to tango, and don't believe for a second it was just Terri, it appears that the marriage wasn't the greatest. Just curious what all was happening.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #272 on: August 12, 2010, 11:28:45 AM »

I just remembered something. Didn't Desiree and Kaine threaten to take DeDe to civil court if she were not forthcoming with LE about Kyron? If she does manage to get immunity for her information, and if that information could have led to an earlier discovery of Kyron, I would wager that Desiree and Kaine will haul her to civil court. I don't think you can bankrupt away punitive damages (anyone know for sure?), so they could make her life miserable forever. They will own her and every penny she has forever.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #273 on: August 12, 2010, 11:29:02 AM »

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son that provides new insight into the tension that may have been brewing in the Horman household.    Where in the world are these emails coming from, the way it is stated it sounds like the emails are going directly to KATU News.

Good morning No Rose.  ...to a KATU News "source"....Source equals whomever Terri sent the messages to (a friend, a relative, etc.)  That "source" has sent the message to KATU and when read it appears like it was sent to KATU, but was sent to someone else.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #274 on: August 12, 2010, 11:30:51 AM »

link added

Janet

That is a good point, but if he is an illegal, wondered if he can get immunity for that?

NoRose, IDK about immunity, but I do know SM is being cornered by GJ and they may not be fiinished with her, yet.
I enjoy comments by retired Portland Police Capt. C.W. Jensen and I also like Bruce McCain, usually on HLN talk shows.
(snip)

"What you are doing in a grand jury - in an investigative grand jury - is you are painting a picture of everyone and you want to have all four corners of the page and so that’s what you’re doing here," Jensen said.
(snip)

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: August 12, 2010, 11:31:01 AM »

IMO

Ooohhh, Bearly you brought tears to my eyes and memories rushing back!  25 wk premie, projectile vomitimg, special needs in the beginning.  I don't know how you did it without help from your Mom.  My Mom and Dad were my rock.  He didn't sleep for 2 1/2 yrs and could never lay down.  We had to hold him for 2 yrs just so we could rest and him too.  You are so right, I could handle what happened but what if Teri was burned out.  I just don't know.  Kaine could've been a hands off hubby except for pic time.  JMO
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #276 on: August 12, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »

IMO
I totally agree with all of your post.  I think that Terri wants everyone to see her a this perfect woman who does everything right.  And when she got tired of playing mom she blamed Kaine for her unhappiness.  And of course all would believe her because he is the guy who left his pregnant wife for Terri. 

What really gets me is to see folks blame everyone (Kaine, Desiree, Tony, the kids, etc) for Terri's actions. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: August 12, 2010, 11:36:06 AM »

link added

Janet

Hi No Rose

Maybe the landscaper's immigration status was used as a plea bargaining toll in regards to the MFH attempt.

However ... it appears that in today's world being an illegal is no longer illegal.

Janet

_____

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #278 on: August 12, 2010, 11:37:40 AM »

Thank you, he is packing right now for a visit.  (I am guessing this is okay for a 16 year old).

The moral of the story is, we all need to be vigilant.  Most of us have cell phones that take pictures.  If anything looks out of the ordinary, take pictures of what you are observing.  Don't let anything get by you.  Someone has to protect our children.  The pace at which we live makes it very easy for someone to hurt our children.  Don't let it happen.

Good idea, Bearly!  You can always delete the photos later on the computer.

Give an alibi, that you are taking photo's of the License plate for a Lottery number. 

That should work if someone is antsy about taking a picture of them.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #279 on: August 12, 2010, 11:39:10 AM »

As to meds - Terri likely had other prescription meds available, she could have used. Remember, the woman who murdered the child in the church was drugging her. Don't like to use the M word. Really hoping against all odds he is still alive.

But murder or kidnapping, I am betting she used drugs. Hoping, actually, because then maybe he was not aware of what was happening to him. Sad

Ugh...this just makes me cringe.  To think of her driving around for whatever timeframe she claims it is waiting for whatever she gave him to take effect.  Maybe when they 'took effect' she called DD?  And then whatever plan was put in motion?  Ugh...just brings tears to my eyes to think of him falling asleep in the truck (if that happened) peacefully and not knowing....  But yes...if something horrible happened, it would be better if he was 'out' and unaware...  Sad Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.