April 27, 2024, 11:16:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #18 8/11/10 - 8/13/10  (Read 222814 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: August 12, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »

Landscaper Terri allegedly tried to hire to kill Kaine appears before grand jury

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Landscaper-Terri-allegedly-tried-to-hire-to-kill/DsZPsC9z3UujvXc6ZrUh-Q.cspx

link added

What wrongdoing would the landscaper be granted immunity from.  Obviously ... he never went along with any MFH plot.

Janet

I'd think he should have reported it 7 months ago rather than waiting until after Kyron went missing. 
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #281 on: August 12, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »

Wow!  Terri parked far out in the parking lot.  Usually those big box stores aren't too crowded in the morning.  This is probably another sign that other/others were in the truck.  If she had left Kiara and/or Kyron in the truck, people would be likely to notice if she parked closer.

One day I was at the post office.  A woman went into the post office, and left her car running with her baby in the car.   

I waited until she came out.  Then I asked her if she realized what a chance she was taking.  I told her someone could have hopped into her car and taken off.  This is a small town, but that could happen in small towns, too.

When children are left in cars there are people, like me, who will speak to the parents or the police about it.

Do we "know" that's where Terri parked; afterall, these are manufactured photos.  Just saying...

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: August 12, 2010, 11:41:28 AM »

Wow!  Terri parked far out in the parking lot.  Usually those big box stores aren't too crowded in the morning.  This is probably another sign that other/others were in the truck.  If she had left Kiara and/or Kyron in the truck, people would be likely to notice if she parked closer.

One day I was at the post office.  A woman went into the post office, and left her car running with her baby in the car.   

I waited until she came out.  Then I asked her if she realized what a chance she was taking.  I told her someone could have hopped into her car and taken off.  This is a small town, but that could happen in small towns, too.

When children are left in cars there are people, like me, who will speak to the parents or the police about it.

Every time I see one of those trucks around here (all the way across the states) I want to call LE at first, then I remember where I am.  We really all are concerned about the welfare of children.

Terri really has done a lot to make sure she was seen but not seen that day.

My son loves anime and he really likes your avi.

Thanks, Bearlyhere!  I love anime also, and I'm 60!  LOL!

Tell him I love to watch anything by Hiyao Miyazaki! 

Also, give him this link for youtube.  This is Mark Crilley's channel, and he has amazing videos where he draws manga, which is anime art.

http://www.youtube.com/user/markcrilley#p/a

Thank you, he is packing right now for a visit.  (I am guessing this is okay for a 16 year old).

The moral of the story is, we all need to be vigilant.  Most of us have cell phones that take pictures.  If anything looks out of the ordinary, take pictures of what you are observing.  Don't let anything get by you.  Someone has to protect our children.  The pace at which we live makes it very easy for someone to hurt our children.  Don't let it happen.

Yes, it's mostly teenagers that visit his channel!  Teenagers and me!  LOL

We have a cheap emergency phone, and my husband usually has it, because he drives more.  However, I have a nice little digital camera.  It also has short video capacity.  I think it would be a good idea to take it everywhere.  You are right!  Someone has to protect our children.  It takes a village to protect the children as well as raise them! 

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #283 on: August 12, 2010, 11:43:53 AM »

Ok, I am going to play devils advocate here for a minute because I honestly do not know what to think anymore. I cannot help but wonder if this case would have proceeded much differently if Tony Young was not Kyron's step-father and also a detective. Let's just say that Terri is an extremely self-centered, selfish person. If that were the case, why would she have bothered to raise Kyron in the first place? Based on her photos, her sexting at the age of 40 etc, she seems to have a rather high opinion of herself. Kaine is not poor, but he is not a millionaire. To take on Kaine, she also had to take on Kyron. She could have taken a pass and looked for someone without young children.

Terri seems to care for children to some extent. She fought to maintain custody of James with two seperate fathers and APPEARED to have cared about Kyron. She seemed to be gaga over Kiara based on all of the photos. She also was a teacher of young children.

A few of her friends may have gotten a hinky feeling with all that has come out about Terri, and may no longer be in her court, but many still seem to be standing strongly by her side.

Then we have all of the inconsistencies. Desiree apparently has not thought much about Terri since Kyron disappeared. How long has she harbored those feelings against Terri? If Desiree truly believed as she has stated AFTER Kyron's disappearance that Terri is a horrible person, etc. then why did she allow Terri to be HER SON'S main caregiver? I also find it glaringly inconsistent that Desiree would bother to correspond 5 TIMES A DAY with a person who she could not stand and thought so little of.

Kaine says in the beginning that there was nothing out of the ordinary about Terri's behaviour. Then he changed that to Terri may have had PPD. He said he had to "watch Terri for months" and then he later said he did not even know what medications Terri may or may not have been taking. Then Desiree says that Kyron did not want to go back home after visits to her home. Then Kaine poo poo's all of that.

As Janet pointed out in her posts this morning, Kaine has tried to control the media since day one. Why????

I just cannot help but wonder if Terri had been emailing Desiree 5 times a day to complain to her about Kaine. I wonder if Kyron told Desiree that there had been a lot of fighting going on in the home with Kaine and Terri and that is why he did not want to go home. I wonder if Terri complained to Desiree about how controlling Kaine was about the money.

So, Kyron disappears and Desiree and Tony rush down to Portland. Either that day or a day later a ransom note shows up in the mailbox along with Kyron's glasses. Desiree starts thinking about all that Terri has complained about. The biggest thing being MONEY! She and Tony deduce early on that Terri has stashed Kyron to take a ransom from Kaine. Then everything starts unfolding and Terri's plan starts unraveling fast and furious. With Tony and Desiree in the home, she cannot exactly execute her plan. She KNOWS she has become the number one focus in the investigation. Ransom is the ONLY thing that makes sense TO ME that the family waited a week to go to the media. If the family has skeletons in their closet, who cares! They should have been out there in front of the cameras from day one! Nothing should be more important than locating their missing child, PERIOD! That is what leads me back to the ransom.

I just cannot imagine for one second that Terri would still have any supporters from those who have known her for any length of time if they believe that she killed Kyron. I too have a hard time believing that. I also have a hard time believing that even DeDe would assist in the murder of a child.

For me it is one of two things. LE focused in too soon on Terri and missed the real perp or it is some sort of tangled kidnapping web that Terri and at least one or two friends botched terribly. I just hope that Kyron is still alive and well. I think he is but I have been wrong before.

I'm going to get skewered over this but here goes...after several 'unconfirmed' comments of how DY wasn't as active in Ky's life as she is making it appear now I took (MOO!!!) TH's response to DY's coming down/up the day Kyron went missing "oh, you are" (my words but to that effect)to mean...I'm the cargiver and have been here all along so why don't you wait till we figure out what is going on and we'll call you and then you come up. It could've been a you've not been that involved before so why now?  I think in TH's mind Kyron was hers and DY may be intruding and butting in 'uninvited'.  Especially bringing her detective hubby!  I'm prolly wrong about all but I just and weighing all possibilities.  With all the controlling of the media why is it so hard to believe that TH wasn't doing everything that KH told her to do.  Don't talk to the media, be present for all LE questioning, no press and since the internet might have been her only outlet besides the Bat phones, she was reading lots from news sites and blogs blaming her from day one and wanted to defend herself.  I am still wondering why LE waited so long to question the whereabouts of TH and the white truck since they didn't believe her from jump street.  Why is LE dragging their heels?  Did they let a viable suspect slip on by because they are so focused on TH?  Like I said, don't get too upset over my rambling as I am usually wrong.  I just don't want to think TH could look and Ky and do away with him or have it done.  But...the way things are looking I just don't know. 

According to what has been released, LE has checked other leads, but things keep pointing to Terri. They would check out the family immediately, and when Terri's story did not add, they had to focus some of their time on her. LE is not talking (I agree with that stance), and we have no idea what other leads they are pursuing while focusing on Terri.

The little bit we do know is that they want us to believe that they believe it was Terri and DeDe and even implanting in our minds where the white truck was parked.  Yet, LE asks for "independent" recollections to come forth. 

People with clear, independent recollections would have already come forth IMO.  If folks were reluctant to come forth and not be involved, I don't think they will now either.  JMO.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: August 12, 2010, 11:45:11 AM »

Do we "know" that's where Terri parked; afterall, these are manufactured photos.  Just saying...

Puzzler - the photos with the truck in it were manufactured but the photos being referred to here are of Fred Meyer parking lot and the description of the photo is "from Terri's parking spot".   That is not being manufactured.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2010, 11:45:33 AM »

Go back to reply #220 by seemeatthebeach.  That's why I made that comment.   

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #286 on: August 12, 2010, 11:45:33 AM »

I think Kaine was a lousy husband, a dawg, and that is my opinion based on his conduct while married to Desiree, and his latest RUMORED affair.

But, he by all means was good to the children in his home, and a better father than many I know.

To me, no matter if James moved out because of Kaine, or because of Terri, nothing justifies Terri harming Kyron.

Kyron was just an innocent child who had no say when he was placed in the difficult situation created by the adults in his life, it was not his fault to be caught in such a horrible environment.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: August 12, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »

IMO, Terri was the control freak in that marriage. She had free reign M-F while Kaine worked. He had no idea what she did. I have known controlling husbands.....their wives couldn't as much as go to the grocery store without permission.
Of course, having a toddler limited her "options" when Kiara was born.
They were only married for what 3-4 years. She was unhappy for a long time??
If Kaine was so controlling for the 3-4 years prior to them getting married, she had the choice to not marry Kaine.
I've been married for 29 years......if I was unhappy in my marriage, 29 years would be A LONG TIME. Not 3 -4 years.

Terri was sick of parenting a teen, a young child and a baby. She got rid of James (IMO that was her decision, she just blamed Kaine like always) Yes, she could have told Kaine she wanted Desiree and Tony to take full custody of Kyron.....but Terri would NEVER admit her failure as a mother of Kyron to Desiree. Not a chance in he!!. Terri always thought she was better than Desiree in every way, including being a better mother to Kyron.
IMO

I can see your side of this also.

I am remembering Kyron's email about not talking to the police.

I remember going to a doctor's appointment where my son had been up for 3 days (as an infant), he rarely slept and 3 days was not unusual.  I remember my eyes being so sore, I could not get my contacts in.  My mother was with me because she was a nurse and wanted to tell the doctor that I was not prone to hysterics, there was something wrong.  I remember the doctor saying to my Mom, please take this child for a while (I lived with her) so this Mom can get some rest.  We don't want our mothers hurting their babies.  I was in a state of total exhaustion.

I wonder if part of it all was that Terri got burnt out by being the caretaker of everyone.  I can only tell you that when your body has had it, it does not act normally.  I never even hit my child so it was a non issue for me.  But, my point is, the doctor mentioned it and begged my Mom to take my son, so it has to been an issue for some.  (She never did, the screaming was more than she could handle).

She really did look lousy at the end.  What could have caused it?

I hear where you are coming from Bearly, believe me. And so true, was Terri burnt out, is she mentally ill, is she just evil, which personally I don't believe she is. Hopefully more info will come out about all this, and what was all happening inside the Horman home. I'm just believe it takes two to tango, and don't believe for a second it was just Terri, it appears that the marriage wasn't the greatest. Just curious what all was happening.

She is no fairy godmother, but he is no prince charming either.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: August 12, 2010, 11:47:12 AM »

Signed,
The average bear aka anyone else

"anyone else"
~ I'll never live that down! 

Let's just see if I did the quote business correctly ~   
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #289 on: August 12, 2010, 11:47:42 AM »

Regarding ear infections/aches

When my kids have ear aches they have always had fever.  My doc would have me use the ear drop pain relief and an OTC antihistamine.  Dimetapp and Zyrtec will make 2 of my kids sleepy.  Especially when taken with motrin or tylenol.  (I have one child that climbs with walls with most meds.)  If the ache didn't go away with 24 hours or if there was drainage from the ear we would then go to antibiotic and prescription antihistamine.  The point being, antihistamines will usually make a child sleepy, even the OTC type.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #290 on: August 12, 2010, 11:51:28 AM »

Landscaper Terri allegedly tried to hire to kill Kaine appears before grand jury

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Landscaper-Terri-allegedly-tried-to-hire-to-kill/DsZPsC9z3UujvXc6ZrUh-Q.cspx

link added

What wrongdoing would the landscaper be granted immunity from.  Obviously ... he never went along with any MFH plot.

Janet

That is a good point, but if he is an illegal, wondered if he can get immunity for that?

Hi No Rose

Maybe the landscaper's immigration status was used as a plea bargaining toll in regards to the MFH attempt.

However ... it appears that in today's world being an illegal is no longer illegal.

Janet

It sure does appear that way, doesn't it?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: August 12, 2010, 11:53:18 AM »

That's my question, are these manufactured pictures done this way because they have proof this is where she was parked? Or they think this may be where she parked?
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: August 12, 2010, 11:55:24 AM »

link added

Janet

I'd think he should have reported it 7 months ago rather than waiting until after Kyron went missing. 

I agree, but if he was illegal, he was probably afraid to report it.  He was flying under the radar.  That is so unfortunate for Kyron's sake!  If it had been revealed earlier Kyron might still be with us!  Sometimes doing the right thing, even if it's a scary thing, can save a life!

amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #293 on: August 12, 2010, 11:58:33 AM »

As to investigators asking the public for information, I think we need to keep in mind that not all of the public - even locals - is "on this" like we are at SM.  I think you've got people - maybe even people who dropped a child off at the school that day - that lead such busy lives, they are not watching every news show etc. They may not even know about a white truck. I think that this is what the investigators are looking for. Trying to reach those few people who may not have come forward because they aren't on this, and didn't realize that what they saw that day was significant.

Having had relatives in fairly high profile (locally anyhow) media situations, I know how weird it can seem when you ask someone "Did you see this in the paper?" and they have no idea what you're talking about. Thus, the pleas to the people -

Which seems so silly to us - "They didn't tell us anything new!!" But is a very important part of the investigation, in fact.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: August 12, 2010, 11:58:58 AM »

link added

Janet

From a moral perspective ... I agree.  However ... I have read many posts on this forum that imply the landscaper did not commit a crime when he failed to report the MFH attempt.

Think about it.  This guy has no scruples in regards to entering the United States illegally while many throughout the world are willing to go through the legal channels to become citizens of what is perceived to be one of the greatest nations in the the world ... why would he approach LE and jeopardize being send back to "where he came from"?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #295 on: August 12, 2010, 12:03:05 PM »

I can't believe how fast this thread goes.  No way to keep up for me right now.  Too many irons in the fire on the homefront but I check in regularly to get some updates on the search for Kyron.

Where is Kyron?  God, please guide them to find him soon.
I don't put much stock in what Terri says about the time. Remember she is trying to create an alibi. Pain med often comes with earache but it's an eardrop and very effective so no need for anything stronger. If Terri had a plan to sedate Kyron I think she would have been prepared for that before she took him.

Last year my 6 yo was at her soccer game and all the sudden started screaming at the top of her lungs. She had an ear infection and it started hurting in the middle of the game, out of the blue. She screamed all the way to the ER, and the entire time there. They gave her Tylenol w/ codeine and sent us home with a prescription for that and some antibiotic drops. It is entirely possible that they could have prescribed pain meds.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: August 12, 2010, 12:03:15 PM »

OT- Remains found identified as Mitrice Richardson
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6208.msg1205743#msg1205743

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: August 12, 2010, 12:04:45 PM »

Puzzler from your post.   
People with clear, independent recollections would have already come forth IMO.  If folks were reluctant to come forth and not be involved, I don't think they will now either.            I totally agree with this, just hard to imagine that people will come forward now with fuzzy memories. If Terri was doing something or was driving recklessly or something to draw attention, then people would have noticed. But if she was driving normal and acting normal in the stores and parking lot, I can't imagine that people would notice this.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: August 12, 2010, 12:05:33 PM »

IMO, Terri was the control freak in that marriage. She had free reign M-F while Kaine worked. He had no idea what she did. I have known controlling husbands.....their wives couldn't as much as go to the grocery store without permission.
Of course, having a toddler limited her "options" when Kiara was born.
They were only married for what 3-4 years. She was unhappy for a long time??
If Kaine was so controlling for the 3-4 years prior to them getting married, she had the choice to not marry Kaine.
I've been married for 29 years......if I was unhappy in my marriage, 29 years would be A LONG TIME. Not 3 -4 years.

Terri was sick of parenting a teen, a young child and a baby. She got rid of James (IMO that was her decision, she just blamed Kaine like always) Yes, she could have told Kaine she wanted Desiree and Tony to take full custody of Kyron.....but Terri would NEVER admit her failure as a mother of Kyron to Desiree. Not a chance in he!!. Terri always thought she was better than Desiree in every way, including being a better mother to Kyron.
IMO

I can see your side of this also.

I am remembering Kyron's email about not talking to the police.

I remember going to a doctor's appointment where my son had been up for 3 days (as an infant), he rarely slept and 3 days was not unusual.  I remember my eyes being so sore, I could not get my contacts in.  My mother was with me because she was a nurse and wanted to tell the doctor that I was not prone to hysterics, there was something wrong.  I remember the doctor saying to my Mom, please take this child for a while (I lived with her) so this Mom can get some rest.  We don't want our mothers hurting their babies.  I was in a state of total exhaustion.

I wonder if part of it all was that Terri got burnt out by being the caretaker of everyone.  I can only tell you that when your body has had it, it does not act normally.  I never even hit my child so it was a non issue for me.  But, my point is, the doctor mentioned it and begged my Mom to take my son, so it has to been an issue for some.  (She never did, the screaming was more than she could handle).

She really did look lousy at the end.  What could have caused it?

Ooohhh, Bearly you brought tears to my eyes and memories rushing back!  25 wk premie, projectile vomitimg, special needs in the beginning.  I don't know how you did it without help from your Mom.  My Mom and Dad were my rock.  He didn't sleep for 2 1/2 yrs and could never lay down.  We had to hold him for 2 yrs just so we could rest and him too.  You are so right, I could handle what happened but what if Teri was burned out.  I just don't know.  Kaine could've been a hands off hubby except for pic time.  JMO

It was over 6 years until he slept.  Not a premie, but reflux and hypersensitive to sounds, and words.  He picked up a germ which gave him sepsis then he needed a ventilator, they told me he might die.  I held him for many years or put him in the swing and slept right behind it.

I think Terri was Kaine's caretaker, too.  Why leave your wife, who is 8 months pregnant?  Many leave because they are no longer the one getting all of the attention and care.  A pregnant woman needs to take care of both herself and her unborn child before anyone else.  Now walks in Terri who is giving him attention and becoming his caretaker.   Then comes Kyron.  How did Kaine manipulate Desiree into letting him have full custody after she was well?  Maybe he wore her down.  Then when Kiara came, and I believe she was a terror from what I have read Terri say (it only matters what Terri thinks anyway), she could no longer hold all the balloons up in the air and they all came crashing down.  Then her son left.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: August 12, 2010, 12:05:37 PM »

OT- Remains found identified as Mitrice Richardson
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6208.msg1205743#msg1205743
Thank-you, I figured on the local news this morning the remains were going to be Mitrice 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.