March 18, 2024, 08:21:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048457 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1040 on: December 17, 2010, 12:03:03 PM »

Leach tells a Tulsa radio station : "he's open to it".

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=112193

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1041 on: December 18, 2010, 02:43:17 AM »

Thanks None, I did not know all the details. That is a real tacky way of letting people go... real tacky.  And I still don't think he's a good cultural fit for that program.  So he sure could land another hc gig before all is done.

Wreck who you guys looking to replace him?  You guys have a great shot at a title next year with your QB and Blackmon returning.  I assume the D will continue to improve of course. 

http://post-gazette.com/pg/10350/1111266-144.stm

Stewart was already aware they were going to replace him -- (several weeks ago).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Big questionmark on our new OC. Some rumors (of which I highly doubt) have Leach coming for one year!

wreck, son spoke with an asst coach there this week by phone regarding another matter - Stewart was not told 2 weeks ago. That's just the AD doing damage control around how he handled it. It seems the AD felt replacing Stewart with a "big bang" manner would increase ticket sales which have been lower since RR left

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1042 on: December 18, 2010, 07:34:51 AM »

Leach tells a Tulsa radio station : "he's open to it".

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=112193
WOW.  You got to admit... with you QB and Blackmon they'd be scary good with Leach.  Wonder if his ego could take being #2 on totem pole though.  Interesting though.

I checked on TX forum to see about coaching hires and no news there yet.  HOWEVER someone said that a major scandal is about to hit.  Meltdown.  What a disappointment this season has been for that team. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1043 on: December 18, 2010, 09:52:03 AM »

Bean I agree with you that Leach would be a major coup for OSU and I don't think he had a fair shake with all that happened at TT.

I swear with all the scandals someone, anybody please clean up college football! I'm with PDH, pay the players as if it's a job and then force the NCAA to put a cap on coach earnings, and then we might make some progress!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1044 on: December 18, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »

Breaking news !

Reports that the Fridge may get an early buy-out for retirement at Maryland and that Leach has the inside track on the HC job since Franklin has gone to Vandy?

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1045 on: December 18, 2010, 01:22:48 PM »

Breaking news !

Reports that the Fridge may get an early buy-out for retirement at Maryland and that Leach has the inside track on the HC job since Franklin has gone to Vandy?
That is weird.  I just listened to Leach on the radio this a.m. and they asked him and he said he hadn't been contacted but is open.  The press is too quick to pull the trigger on stories.

We just lost our linebackers coach to Indiana.  He will be the DC.  Kind of surprised as he doesn't have that much coaching experience.  Glad they didn't take some of our more seasoned D coaches.. but this guy is full of fire and should be great some day. 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1046 on: December 18, 2010, 10:17:44 PM »

None looks like you might be right... Big 12 source citing Leach to Maryland.  Thing is... MD is still 'forcing' their coach to retire/leave so that would explain Mike's lack of comments on the radio earlier today.  I will be rooting him on.  Hope their AD knows he will have his hands full.     Not a 'yes man'.  Gotta love it.

Wreck... fyi we are still hoping to also be looking for an OC.  I doubt Pelini would fire ours though he should.  Right now we are just praying he lands a HC gig. 

I'm watching Ohio vs Troy and after all these years it still seems weird to see Solich wearing green instead of red.  He wasn't our best coach ever but he got screwed getting fired after 9 wins.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1047 on: December 19, 2010, 03:16:20 AM »

None looks like you might be right... Big 12 source citing Leach to Maryland.  Thing is... MD is still 'forcing' their coach to retire/leave so that would explain Mike's lack of comments on the radio earlier today.  I will be rooting him on.  Hope their AD knows he will have his hands full.     Not a 'yes man'.  Gotta love it.

Wreck... fyi we are still hoping to also be looking for an OC.  I doubt Pelini would fire ours though he should.  Right now we are just praying he lands a HC gig. 

I'm watching Ohio vs Troy and after all these years it still seems weird to see Solich wearing green instead of red.  He wasn't our best coach ever but he got screwed getting fired after 9 wins.
With Leach -- who knows????!! As far as Holgerson at WVU -- I'm guessing that it is a combination of Stewart's version and the AD's version! It doesn't sound good - either way.

As far as the next OC at Oklahoma State -- I think our fans are in unison that we want to see a "wide open" attack like we had this year! 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1048 on: December 19, 2010, 07:54:16 PM »

I was thinking today that for Maryland to force Fridge out when he just won coach of the year for the ACC - has anything like this ever happened before? You have to wonder how any coach in good standing with an 8 - 4 record is being forced out? I had the thought at the start of the season when Maryland wasn't winning many games that with Fridge not having great seasons of late, that he might be at risk. That said, it struck me today that this is yet another example of how ruthless the benchmarks are in this day and age.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1049 on: December 19, 2010, 09:19:55 PM »

I was thinking today that for Maryland to force Fridge out when he just won coach of the year for the ACC - has anything like this ever happened before? You have to wonder how any coach in good standing with an 8 - 4 record is being forced out? I had the thought at the start of the season when Maryland wasn't winning many games that with Fridge not having great seasons of late, that he might be at risk. That said, it struck me today that this is yet another example of how ruthless the benchmarks are in this day and age.

We fired Solich after 9 wins and right after the victory at Colorado.  The AD didn't even go to the locker room or shake Frank's hand after a big win.  The AD had a vision.  He said "we will not bow down to mediocrity".  He wanted to change the culture.  He about killed the program.  Frank wasn't Tom Osborne but he was not a loser either.

My point is that this isn't a new thing.  ADs get greedy.  Lose site of what got them there.  In the case of Maryland the same is true.  They just canned a coach who got them out of mediocrity.  Sad.  I hope he gets another opportunity at a better school soon.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1050 on: December 20, 2010, 11:49:48 PM »

We fired Solich after 9 wins and right after the victory at Colorado.  The AD didn't even go to the locker room or shake Frank's hand after a big win.  The AD had a vision.  He said "we will not bow down to mediocrity".  He wanted to change the culture.  He about killed the program.  Frank wasn't Tom Osborne but he was not a loser either.

My point is that this isn't a new thing.  ADs get greedy.  Lose site of what got them there.  In the case of Maryland the same is true.  They just canned a coach who got them out of mediocrity.  Sad.  I hope he gets another opportunity at a better school soon.

The AD at Maryland is new, Kay Yow's sister was the AD there and moved to NCSU this year, so I guess the new one is making his mark as you referenced does happen. That said, I think it's a bad perception for them but so many fans like Leach, if they hire him they might overlook it. I wonder how many of McNeill's staff will move from ECU to Maryland if Leach is hired - suspect a few will, particularly the OC. They were a very tight group at TT.

Son says Fridge's weakness was recruiting but most of the ACC schools face that same challenge, you just cannot land that SEC deep south talent in ACC football programs - but I guess some dream that they can.

Whew, I'm tired tonight, how much snow did you get up there this week Bean?

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1051 on: December 21, 2010, 07:25:32 AM »

No snow up here.  We had some ice but thank God it melted yesterday.  Calling for snow on the 24th - just a couple inches.

Heard Leach again yesterday on his radio show and he still isn't talking about the MD job... I got the feeling he is negotiating still and maybe even looking at other options?  As Wreck said... with Leach "who knows".  He walks to his own drummer no doubt.
Didn't realize there was a new AD at MD... you are right... that explains it.

Hoping everyone is ready for the holidays.  My sis arrived from Phoenix last night.  Poor thing. ha. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1052 on: December 21, 2010, 08:59:23 PM »

No snow up here.  We had some ice but thank God it melted yesterday.  Calling for snow on the 24th - just a couple inches.

Heard Leach again yesterday on his radio show and he still isn't talking about the MD job... I got the feeling he is negotiating still and maybe even looking at other options?  As Wreck said... with Leach "who knows".  He walks to his own drummer no doubt.
Didn't realize there was a new AD at MD... you are right... that explains it.

Hoping everyone is ready for the holidays.  My sis arrived from Phoenix last night.  Poor thing. ha. 

I'm glad you're not snowed in, son drove home through tons of snow but so good to have him home for the holidays safely. Yep, I agree that Leach is weighing all of his options........lots of assistant coaching movement going on at this moment too. Maybe wreck's team can grab a great OC during the mix.

I saw this tonight, had to post it. Amazing and a bit disgusting if true. I wanted sharon to see this, although I expect Miami is abuzz with Sapp's interview and bombshell.

http://www.footballscoop.com/news/3136-wow-warren-sapp-describes-how-the-miami-fl-job-went-down

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1053 on: December 21, 2010, 09:45:51 PM »

None.. hard to say what is happening but our OC is supposedly in the final two for a hc gig.  Rumors are that if he goes he'll be taking a couple grad assistants with him... just in case you wanted to know. 

Glad your son made it home ok thru the snow.  knock on wood... none here in forecast... the storm they predicted went east of us and we got weather in the 40s for a couple days.  cold again now but no ice or snow so I'll take that. 

Hope everyone was good this year and Santa rewards you accordingly.   
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1054 on: December 23, 2010, 02:59:44 PM »

Bean - I hope if your OC goes that you get an even better one to replace him. It's amazing how much movement is happening in those AC ranks at this moment. Son said thanks but he doesn't know who to reach out to there? Tough to get conversation without a relationship........unfortunate but how it seems to go.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday week and that Santa visits you too ! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1055 on: December 25, 2010, 10:35:22 AM »

Merry Christmas Monkey friends.  All the best to you and your family for the holidays and 2011. 
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1056 on: December 25, 2010, 09:49:55 PM »

Merry Christmas SM Sports! I don't believe any of our teams have played yet. If anyone has played please speak up.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1057 on: December 26, 2010, 11:14:51 AM »

None    I just saw NC on the news... some serious snow.  Dry here.  Here I'll help you out.   

Stay warm all.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1058 on: December 26, 2010, 07:59:45 PM »

I hope everyone had good holidays -- and that all of you in the path of this blizzard are safe and warm. 

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1059 on: December 28, 2010, 11:44:59 AM »

kiwi - none that I know of but son was not happy that the falcons lost to the saints last night!

bean - thanks for the help shoveling, lord by nightfall on xmas we had a foot of snow but thankfully no ice storm. We lost power at around 2am and were without for a full day, gas fireplaces are a waste of space in when you truly need to get warm. Gratefully my brother and SIL gave us those upscale snuggies from Brookstone for xmas which was the only way we kept warm! Photos below.....

sharon - in comparison to PA, NJ, & NY our snow was minor, but we are covered with black ice on the streets and no warming trend and few snow tools, so hoping the temps climb back up soon.

I hope everyone had great holidays full of love & family.

First photo is son yesterday, second photo was xmas day brrrr

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.