April 27, 2024, 02:14:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1054503 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1160 on: January 15, 2011, 01:45:27 PM »

SEA DAT......WE DAT!

HOW BOUT DEM HAWKS
Great to see you KTF!! Who'd thunk the Sea Hawks could do it! 
Hey Wreck! I had a fantastic time in San Diego, and yes, I did hang out with Ron Burgundy and told him that my buddy Wreck wanted to be a part of one of his pool party's. You best be rooting for Mr. Russel Okung to put a little salt in the Peppers.  Hope all is well with everyone!  an angelic monkey
Stay classy!!!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/stevekelley/2013931271_kelley14.html

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2011/1/13/1933404/rational-hope-the-russel-okung-factor

Corrected broken link!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1161 on: January 16, 2011, 01:13:04 PM »

If you have time there is a program that ESPN is running this weekend titled the image of the black athlete.

It's well worth watching.............the panel consists of college coaches, players, and also the infamous Spike Lee and Marion Jones.

I continue to stand with the girl.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1162 on: January 16, 2011, 03:52:26 PM »

well, i did enjoy the auburn/oregon game even tho i was flying high on pain pills! fell and fractured my shoulder monday in the snow(backing up to take a picture of a tree and forgot about the 2&1/2 foot drop) heard a pop and knew it was not good. no surgery as of yet...waiting to see how it heals on its own.
bean....thought of you last night when miss usa came down to nebraska and arkansas...lol!!!
the snow was beautiful on the lake....we had about 6-8 inches...was going to build a snowman but never made it!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1163 on: January 16, 2011, 04:14:43 PM »

well, i did enjoy the auburn/oregon game even tho i was flying high on pain pills! fell and fractured my shoulder monday in the snow(backing up to take a picture of a tree and forgot about the 2&1/2 foot drop) heard a pop and knew it was not good. no surgery as of yet...waiting to see how it heals on its own.
bean....thought of you last night when miss usa came down to nebraska and arkansas...lol!!!
the snow was beautiful on the lake....we had about 6-8 inches...was going to build a snowman but never made it!
  Cuz that is funny.  I haven't watched a pageant in like 20 yrs but I read on a football forum that she had won a preliminary talent competition so I thought she might have a shot.  So my aunt and I tuned in to see if she'd make the top 15 and she did so we kept watching and watching and we about died when she won it.  Small state - that doesn't happen but once in a lifetime.  And we were all laughing because we finally found a way to beat Oklahoma and Texas.   Monkey Devil!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1164 on: January 16, 2011, 10:57:04 PM »

Cuz that is funny.  I haven't watched a pageant in like 20 yrs but I read on a football forum that she had won a preliminary talent competition so I thought she might have a shot.  So my aunt and I tuned in to see if she'd make the top 15 and she did so we kept watching and watching and we about died when she won it.  Small state - that doesn't happen but once in a lifetime.  And we were all laughing because we finally found a way to beat Oklahoma and Texas.   Monkey Devil!
::MonkeyCool::vb 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1165 on: January 16, 2011, 10:57:32 PM »

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1166 on: January 17, 2011, 10:19:02 PM »

yikes cuz, I hope your shoulder heals without surgery. I know how those falls can be, had mine last year and my torn rotator cuff is still painful. God bless !!

I couldn't watch the miss america pageant, that awful Joy Behar was a judge !! ICK !!

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1167 on: January 18, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »

i said shoulder but it actually is my arm right below the shoulder....so no rotator cuff thank goodness. its a fracture of a bone between 2 other bones thus why they are waiting to see how it heals on its on. omg....you should see the bruise....goes from under my armpit almost all the way down to my wrist especially on  the inside of the arm. was deep purple but turning green around the edges now...yuck!
about to go nuts staying at home and its only been 8 days!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1168 on: January 19, 2011, 12:44:05 AM »

i said shoulder but it actually is my arm right below the shoulder....so no rotator cuff thank goodness. its a fracture of a bone between 2 other bones thus why they are waiting to see how it heals on its on. omg....you should see the bruise....goes from under my armpit almost all the way down to my wrist especially on  the inside of the arm. was deep purple but turning green around the edges now...yuck!
Feel better and stay off the ice and out of the snow.
Good news Denard Robinson has decided to stay at Michigan and continue his education.  In the long run mastering a pro style offense will only help him at draft time. Plus the real important thing is Kiwi may finally quit pulling out hair. Just not right to see a hairless Sheltie.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1169 on: January 19, 2011, 07:22:15 AM »

Cuz.. Ouch that sounds painful... take it easy and enjoy the time off while the rest of us work.  LOL

Kiwi... I see you guys hired a defensive coach from the NFL/Ravens.  Looks good... any thoughts?  I don't know the guy but he sure looks just like Monte Kiffin from his photo. ha. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1170 on: January 19, 2011, 09:39:42 PM »

wow that sounds pretty painful, I hope you can heal without surgery and I can understand missing work. It's never easy if you enjoy your work (know you do) to have to sit on the sidelines. Take good care of you 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1171 on: January 19, 2011, 09:41:48 PM »

Feel better and stay off the ice and out of the snow.
Good news Denard Robinson has decided to stay at Michigan and continue his education.  In the long run mastering a pro style offense will only help him at draft time. Plus the real important thing is Kiwi may finally quit pulling out hair. Just not right to see a hairless Sheltie.

Agreed about Denard and glad coaches are being more vocal openly about when players are truly ready to go to the big show.

No more pulling hair out of that lovely coat Kiwi ! Could be worse, son's discussions of late with programs are all about the mad rush to close out recruits and no one appears satisfied with where they are with that currently. Competition seems fierce and the coaching carousel does nothing to assist with that.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1172 on: January 22, 2011, 10:22:45 AM »

If you have time there is a program that ESPN is running this weekend titled the image of the black athlete.

It's well worth watching.............the panel consists of college coaches, players, and also the infamous Spike Lee and Marion Jones.

Thank-you nonesuche!  I will look in the newspaper TV section.  I checked ESPN's web-site and it is like scrambled egg's:).

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1173 on: January 22, 2011, 10:43:11 AM »

Thank-you nonesuche!  I will look in the newspaper TV section.  I checked ESPN's web-site and it is like scrambled egg's:).

It was on LAST weekend - I'm not sure if they are replaying it this weekend. 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1174 on: January 23, 2011, 10:34:29 AM »

Well... with national signing day about a week away it's time to talk recruiting.  Everyone is cheering their group on and as usual.... some teams are extending more offers AND accepting them than they have open spots.

I think this is a travesty - not fair to the kid who gets left out due to what is in some cases - just plain dishonesty and greed. 

Check out this site that is monitoring and updating the schools in the running for the OVERSIGNING CUP award. 

http://oversigning.com/testing/
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1175 on: January 23, 2011, 11:24:01 AM »

Hi Seahorse - the entire series is on youtube, just visit this link and start with #1 in the series

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ESPN+black+athlete+spike+lee&aq=f

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1176 on: January 23, 2011, 11:46:24 AM »

Well... with national signing day about a week away it's time to talk recruiting.  Everyone is cheering their group on and as usual.... some teams are extending more offers AND accepting them than they have open spots.

I think this is a travesty - not fair to the kid who gets left out due to what is in some cases - just plain dishonesty and greed. 

Check out this site that is monitoring and updating the schools in the running for the OVERSIGNING CUP award. 

http://oversigning.com/testing/

Talk about pandora's box, this truly is. Just further proof positive that college football is BIG BUSINESS and not for the faint of heart. I will state this because I think son's experience gave him a better perspective on it all. He did not transfer because he was cut,  he didn't trust his new position coach that came with the HC coaching change. Son's instincts were correct and he made the best decision for him by transferring. This position coach tried to dissuade him as well as me, but I confirmed it was son's decision and that I respected it. What the NCAA could and should do since they refuse to properly govern college football, is to remove the penalty for transferring by losing a year of eligibility unless you transfer to a lower program such as from D-1 to D-2. It's like having non-compete or no-hire agreements in corporate america, when and if challenged in court they rarely hold up. Maybe the college players need to form a union, at least then they might be compensated fairly and have some leverage as a "commodity".

The flip side of this is what I call the lure of the SEC and bigger programs. As a parent I tried to dissuade my son from this, consistently asking him to look at smaller programs. Some of the smaller programs played some games during recruiting, more actually than the larger ones did. Honestly I don't know what the solution is or if there can be one, the competitive aspect of the sport and the sheer $$$ almost dictate that humanity and cultivating players simply isn't allowed any longer. Sad, very sad.

Ole Miss let Rader go, that makes me sad too but I can imagine Nutt is scrambling to get a verbal from anyone he can right now. More than a few programs are for HC's are not allowed time to develop teams anymore, they have to win or they are out. 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1177 on: January 23, 2011, 11:49:46 AM »

I just read this today - the Big Ten won't allow more than 3 extra offers.  This helps the problem but it hurts recruiting if not all regions are following the same rules... which takes us back to the NCAA... crooks that they are.  They have a billion + industry paying coaches escalating salaries and their cost of goods is FREE... poor players.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1178 on: January 23, 2011, 08:50:08 PM »

I just read this today - the Big Ten won't allow more than 3 extra offers.  This helps the problem but it hurts recruiting if not all regions are following the same rules... which takes us back to the NCAA... crooks that they are.  They have a billion + industry paying coaches escalating salaries and their cost of goods is FREE... poor players.

I saw that Bean, at least the big 10 is acknowledging the problem. Agreed that the NCAA are ultimately endorsing all of it.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1179 on: January 24, 2011, 11:34:28 AM »

Hello Monkey's

I hope I am not raining or snowing on anyone's parade   .  The Pittsburgh Steelers are impressive. The Jet's are also a very talented team, instead of visualizing confetti, perhaps,they should have invented more creative plays. There is alway's, next year,three is the charm.

http://postgazette.com/

Steelers at the gates of seven

The Steelers dominated the first half but nearly fell apart in the second before prevailing against the Jets to win the AFC championship game and an eighth Super Bowl appearance..snip

Read more: http://postgazette.com/#ixzz1ByFxaF6I

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.