March 18, 2024, 08:30:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048459 times)
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1240 on: April 09, 2011, 11:28:24 PM »

None- That was Dave Duerson. The violence is a very sad reality of the game. They should look into the possibility of maybe playing every other week to let players recuperate from the head on collisions that they just dealt with. Don't know if that is plausible, or even more beneficial, but certainly worth looking at; However, I don't think the BIG money will let it happen. God Bless Dave Duerson and his family. an angelic monkey

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6135463

Duerson was born and raised in Muncie, Ind., where he was a standout in football, baseball and basketball. He earned a degree in economics from Notre Dame.
Emery Moorehead, a tight end on the '85 team, said: "He was a man's man. Smoked cigars. Just a personable guy. ... He had a lot of people that loved him everywhere."

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1241 on: April 09, 2011, 11:38:54 PM »

It was a great day at spring practice for my Dawgs. We may be losing Jake Locker and Mason Foster whom you'll start to hear more about,He's a fantastic linebacker and anyone's hometown team that happens to draft him will get a quality player as well as person. I think the team we'll be very cohesive this year even with the losses of some of our senior leadership. We have Keith Price and Nick Montana battling for the starting quarterback position and it looks like Keith Price currently holds a slight lead having been in the program a year longer. It was great to see Joe Montana at practice as well. The boy in me wanted to go up and shake his hand and talk with him, but the adult in me said to be respectful as he's their to watch and support his son. I think our defense will be pretty good this year suprising a lot of people. A name you may hear more about as the football season progresses is Alameda Ta'amu. A very big defemsive lineman who should go very high in next years draft if he has a decent to good year. He's a Nick Fairly type, but with a better attitude Smile Sorry to the War Eagle fans. I figured I hadn't posted in awhile, so just a little update. Go Dawgs..

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1242 on: April 10, 2011, 05:38:54 PM »

KTF... did you go to a spring practice or the spring game?  Bo has our practices locked up like a jail.  He doesn't want anyone to know what's going on.   Monkey Devil!

Our spring game is next weekend and I am headed to Lincoln!  There will be shopping, eating, drinking and football.  Can't wait. 

I have heard our defense is better than ever - all kinds of new looks.  Our offense is what everyone wants to see... New OC and other coaches are installing a no huddle offense designed to attack.     What does that mean?  They want our O to be like our D I guess.  They've got a ways to go.. I'll just take improvement.   
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1243 on: April 10, 2011, 06:23:40 PM »

Spring practice Frijole. Our spring game is at the end of the month. Coach Sark has open practices, but no cell phones or cameras allowed. Last year he did mention that if people continued to break down all the aspects of practice he may have to close them, so everyone got on their p's and q's. Yes, we have some not so smart fans who where giving play by plays of the days events at practice. Coach Sark plays a lot loud music which the players like, simulates crowd noise, and then we can't really hear what's going on. As a fan you can stand right on the sideline while they are scrimmaging and doing individual drills which is really fun because you can really get to know how the coaches interact with players. I'm starting to keep my eye out for airline tickets as I will be coming down to Lincoln, and look forward to having a great time as the Corhusker fans are very knowledgable, as well as cordial.

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1244 on: April 12, 2011, 07:29:20 PM »

Spring practice Frijole. Our spring game is at the end of the month. Coach Sark has open practices, but no cell phones or cameras allowed. Last year he did mention that if people continued to break down all the aspects of practice he may have to close them, so everyone got on their p's and q's. Yes, we have some not so smart fans who where giving play by plays of the days events at practice. Coach Sark plays a lot loud music which the players like, simulates crowd noise, and then we can't really hear what's going on. As a fan you can stand right on the sideline while they are scrimmaging and doing individual drills which is really fun because you can really get to know how the coaches interact with players. I'm starting to keep my eye out for airline tickets as I will be coming down to Lincoln, and look forward to having a great time as the Corhusker fans are very knowledgable, as well as cordial.

Cool... KTF keep me posted if you get airline tickets.  Do you have game tickets?  Get them from Washington if you can so you can be in the purple section.  LOL  Hard to get tickets here but not impossible.... scalpers... If I can make it to that game I will let you know and maybe we can meet somewhere for libations.  Regardless I can email you where to go to eat, drink and be merry.  Closest hotel is the Embassy Suite downtown... you can walk to the stadium.  Book early. 

Trust me - our team will be more motivated than the last time we played... lord what a mess.  Should be fun!  You will be greeted with open arms in Lincoln. 
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1245 on: April 12, 2011, 10:34:58 PM »

Cool... KTF keep me posted if you get airline tickets.  Do you have game tickets?  Get them from Washington if you can so you can be in the purple section.  LOL  Hard to get tickets here but not impossible.... scalpers... If I can make it to that game I will let you know and maybe we can meet somewhere for libations.  Regardless I can email you where to go to eat, drink and be merry.  Closest hotel is the Embassy Suite downtown... you can walk to the stadium.  Book early. 

Trust me - our team will be more motivated than the last time we played... lord what a mess.  Should be fun!  You will be greeted with open arms in Lincoln. 

I will definitely be coming down Frijole. I'm a season ticket holder and they will mail out the away game applications here in a week or two. Down at the Holiday Bowl we stayed at the hotel that was taking care of the Husker Alumni association I believe, so I was surrounded by Red. I can't say enough great things about the Husker fans and how they represent the University of Nebraska as a whole. Nebraska should definitely be commended. I was taking a hot tub when a gentleman  and his wife proceeded to join myself and a couple of other Husky fans. He was obviously a BIG booster, who I believe owns some type of medi-vac company that has  contracts with the University, so he had some great inside info. He said Taylor has a lot of growing up to do, and being the quarterback, needs to quit being so aloof from his teammates as he should be the leader and bringing players together. Instead of being isolated on the sidelines he needs to be more interactive with his teamates. Ready for some good times down in lincoln. I'll tell you one thing. Our freshman tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins, who had offers from everyone in the country, is going to be a load for any team. He's looked phenomenal in spring practice. He's about 6'7 265 and has speed to boot. It'll be interesting having two really good tight ends this year to keep those linebackers honest on the defense...

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1246 on: April 13, 2011, 11:25:44 PM »

None- That was Dave Duerson. The violence is a very sad reality of the game. They should look into the possibility of maybe playing every other week to let players recuperate from the head on collisions that they just dealt with. Don't know if that is plausible, or even more beneficial, but certainly worth looking at; However, I don't think the BIG money will let it happen. God Bless Dave Duerson and his family. an angelic monkey

Duerson was born and raised in Muncie, Ind., where he was a standout in football, baseball and basketball. He earned a degree in economics from Notre Dame.
Emery Moorehead, a tight end on the '85 team, said: "He was a man's man. Smoked cigars. Just a personable guy. ... He had a lot of people that loved him everywhere."

Thanks KTF, everything I read about him at the time of his death detailed what a good guy he was. It's just so tragic to imagine how he planned his death to the degree that he shot himself in his chest to preserve his brain for diagnostics. That was a gift to all who come after him in the NFL.........God bless his soul.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1247 on: April 13, 2011, 11:27:29 PM »

Bean is still Bo's biggest supporter I see 

Son was at his alma mater for spring practice today & to meet with the newest HC. We've had monsoons lately but gratefully today was sunny for a change.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1248 on: April 14, 2011, 08:01:21 PM »

KTF... cool.  Hope we can meet up for the game.  That would be fun.  And the insider was spot on re Taylor M.  Bo loves him though.  HE's a wuss.  I bet Bo starts him this year despite what I'm hearing from people AT the practices who say he is clearly the 3rd best QB.  He is the biggest risk to break one loose when his foot is healed but it isn't.  He quit speaking to our OC/QB coach last season.  Yes the man was fired and should have been but still... Remember Tommie Frazier?  Well his nephew is in the running at QB - red shirt frosh.  His name is Brion Carnes.  Said to be spectacular but learning the plays now.  Keep an eye out for him.

I head to Lincoln tomorrow.  We lucked out.. western half of the state is getting up to a FOOT OF SNOW?!!!  We are getting rain but it should be upper 60s on Saturday and sunny so I will take that.  Our spring games are like a regular game to us - we will tailgate then go to the game and then out for dinner/drinks afterwards.  Cannot wait.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1249 on: April 14, 2011, 11:47:54 PM »

I really hope that Washington and Nebraska will keep the rivalry going as we've had great games against each other for quite some time. Except for the ass -wuppin that the Huskers handed us this past fall; However, I think to continue to keep each other on the schedule would be fantastic as we're starting to get better every year, so the victory from either side ould help our strengthf schedule. The situation with Taylor could become a sticky situation as it can really have a negative affect on the team. I would hope for the fans sake that Bo realizes this and will make the proper choice for the team. I defintely look forward to coming to Lincoln and will expect some Frijole hospitality when down there. Enjoy the spring game and please give me a break down on everything from the offense, defense, and special teams, so I can talk with Coach Sark and Holt about the information...

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1250 on: April 14, 2011, 11:58:43 PM »

Thanks KTF, everything I read about him at the time of his death detailed what a good guy he was. It's just so tragic to imagine how he planned his death to the degree that he shot himself in his chest to preserve his brain for diagnostics. That was a gift to all who come after him in the NFL.........God bless his soul.
That was a very selfless act, doing what he did for the benefit for others, in the most painful time of his life. God Bless Dave and his family. Make sure your son stays on top of those headaches None. Hope all is well in your life. 

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1251 on: April 17, 2011, 03:51:54 PM »

Checking in.  Had a blast.  Smaller crowd this year at 67k but a good showing.  Bo kept his promise to keep it vanilla and not disclose our new offense.  They ran a little option, some I formation, some pistol, some zone read.  Fullback scored twice - first time since 1990s I think. ha.  Best QB in my opinion is Tommie Frazier's relative, Brion Carnes.  Guy I told you about.  Looked the part.  Suh was there, there were some flyovers, awards, Miss USA/Nebraska... something for everyone. 

Sorry KTF but you'll have to watch the first few games to learn anything... and so will we.  Monkey Devil!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1252 on: April 18, 2011, 12:36:49 PM »

Hey thanks for the info I'll forward that on to Michigan. I'm sure that will be a big help especially the flyover part!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1253 on: April 18, 2011, 07:12:49 PM »

Seriously guys... some thought Bo might make everyone in attendance sign non-disclosure agreements.    We are the only Big 10 team that turned down having the game televised on national TV.  Dang.  They mixed the first, second, third, fourth etc stringers so much you couldn't tell 'chit'.  It was fun though. 
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1254 on: April 28, 2011, 09:54:18 PM »

I'm a Tennessee Titan Fan... Jake Locker taken #8 by the Titans! Here's a video of Jake Locker and the type of environment he comes from. He will add a special quality to the Nashville community that we'll miss up here in the Northwest. Take care of him Nashville. 

E:60 - Jake Locker: Money Comes Second

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LL5QqktlGM&feature=player_embedded

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1255 on: April 28, 2011, 10:28:32 PM »

Prince Amukamara to the Giants. Nice pick up for the Giants, ehh Frijole..

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1256 on: April 28, 2011, 11:23:31 PM »

I think Eddie Murphy played one of his brothers in "Coming To America" --

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1257 on: April 28, 2011, 11:28:58 PM »

I've been waiting to see where your running back is going to go Wreck. Somebody is going to get a steal with him.

Coming to America is a classic... I thought I saw you once at a McDowell's Wreck..

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1258 on: April 28, 2011, 11:33:17 PM »

I've been waiting to see where your running back is going to go Wreck. Somebody is going to get a steal with him.

Coming to America is a classic... I thought I saw you once at a McDowell's Wreck..
I'm a big fan of the "Golden Arcs"!   

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1259 on: April 28, 2011, 11:39:36 PM »

I'm a big fan of the "Golden Arcs"!   

I thought I saw you fraternizing with Semmi and Prince Akeem. That was just before you walked into the bathroom and let your soul glow! 

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.