March 18, 2024, 10:23:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048476 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1260 on: April 28, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »

I heard an interesting take on today's NFL running backs. Even the elite backs are only playing about 35 of the average 65 plays on Offense -- many teams are not willing to shell out the big bucks for a player with less playing time (no matter the impact). 5 years ago -- that wasn't the case. Even Ingram slipped pretty far!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1261 on: April 29, 2011, 06:43:04 PM »

I heard an interesting take on today's NFL running backs. Even the elite backs are only playing about 35 of the average 65 plays on Offense -- many teams are not willing to shell out the big bucks for a player with less playing time (no matter the impact). 5 years ago -- that wasn't the case. Even Ingram slipped pretty far!
We see that with the AZ Cardinals, having picked Beanie Wells. His play time and impact is very limited.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1262 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05:14 PM »

Looks like the Cardinals took Patrick Peterson CB from LSU, and Ryan Williams RB from VT. It looks like the plan is to get a QB in trade and not from the draft, or a QB from the stands before each game.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1263 on: April 29, 2011, 08:21:43 PM »

Looks like the Cardinals took Patrick Peterson CB from LSU, and Ryan Williams RB from VT. It looks like the plan is to get a QB in trade and not from the draft, or a QB from the stands before each game.

It's going be interesting for the Cardinals this year Kiwi. If the two guys they have don't develop, or they don't get a quality QB in a trade, Arizona could be in some serious trouble. I wonder if they'll try and go after Carson Palmer. A lot of teams would like to have him.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1264 on: April 30, 2011, 03:45:25 PM »

It's going be interesting for the Cardinals this year Kiwi. If the two guys they have don't develop, or they don't get a quality QB in a trade, Arizona could be in some serious trouble. I wonder if they'll try and go after Carson Palmer. A lot of teams would like to have him.
Just looking at the way there drafting, I hope your right that they are going after Palmer. Otherwise, were positioning the team for next years number one draft pic and QB.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1265 on: April 30, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »

Prince Amukamara to the Giants. Nice pick up for the Giants, ehh Frijole..
I think Eddie Murphy played one of his brothers in "Coming To America" --
  Good one but I gotta tell you... the kid is the real deal.. on and off the field.  Did alot of charity work and he is hysterically funny too.  And he really is a prince from some small African country thus the funky clothing his family wore.  Wealthy and both parents were professional athletes.  His sister in Phoenix is said to be the best of them all.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1266 on: April 30, 2011, 09:32:45 PM »

Prince Amukamara to the Giants. Nice pick up for the Giants, ehh Frijole..
I think Eddie Murphy played one of his brothers in "Coming To America" --
  Good one but I gotta tell you... the kid is the real deal.. on and off the field.  Did alot of charity work and he is hysterically funny too.  And he really is a prince from some small African country thus the funky clothing his family wore.  Wealthy and both parents were professional athletes.  His sister in Phoenix is said to be the best of them all.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1267 on: May 04, 2011, 05:29:45 PM »

oh snap, somebody at the BCS is gonna be in trouble.......

Babbaloo !!!!!!!!!!!     

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/05/04/ncaa.bcs/index.html?hpt=T2

I continue to stand with the girl.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1268 on: May 12, 2011, 04:07:06 PM »

oh snap, somebody at the BCS is gonna be in trouble.......

Babbaloo !!!!!!!!!!!     

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/05/04/ncaa.bcs/index.html?hpt=T2
Thankfully the BCS only fined the Fiesta Bowl org 1million. Could have lost the whole championship game here in this state. Sorry just don't know the official name of the AZ org that's responsible for our BCS portion.
On a sad note were reading that a young man that plays for Alabama has died. If some one knows how to bring the info over that would be a help.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1269 on: May 12, 2011, 05:19:52 PM »

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/5/12/2168065/aaron-douglas-death-nick-saban-alabama-tennessee
Aaron Douglas Remembered By Tennessee, Alabama Teammates And Coaches
May 12, 2011

Still no details on the cause or circumstances surrounding the Thursday death of former Vol and current Crimson Tide offensive lineman Aaron Douglas, but following the confirmation of his passing by his high school coach, the University of Alabama has released an official statement from Nick Saban and athletic director Mal Moore.
 ::snipping2::

(See Statement in article at above link)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1270 on: May 12, 2011, 05:22:47 PM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6534274&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines
Video
Bama's Aaron Douglas found dead
Updated May 12, 2011

Alabama offensive tackle Aaron Douglas, an All-America lineman two years ago as a Tennessee freshman before landing with the Crimson Tide in January, was found dead in Florida early Thursday.

Alabama confirmed Douglas' death in a statement. Details surrounding the 21-year-old player's death were not immediately known. Alabama officials were waiting to hear from all authorities involved in the matter before releasing information.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1271 on: May 12, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6534274&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines
Video
Bama's Aaron Douglas found dead
Updated May 12, 2011

Alabama offensive tackle Aaron Douglas, an All-America lineman two years ago as a Tennessee freshman before landing with the Crimson Tide in January, was found dead in Florida early Thursday.

Alabama confirmed Douglas' death in a statement. Details surrounding the 21-year-old player's death were not immediately known. Alabama officials were waiting to hear from all authorities involved in the matter before releasing information.
Thank You! for the help!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1272 on: May 12, 2011, 10:39:17 PM »

Sorry I can't link but I read on the boards that this young man was on vacation and either drugs or alcohol were involved.  A pity.  RIP young man.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1273 on: May 13, 2011, 09:47:56 AM »

Sorry I can't link but I read on the boards that this young man was on vacation and either drugs or alcohol were involved.  A pity.  RIP young man.

Frijole  -  I've started a thread for Aaron Douglas.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9879.msg1342652#msg1342652

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1274 on: May 25, 2011, 11:29:31 PM »

Hey Wreck. I would think that a few teams from the Big12 have got to be a bit disappointed after seeing the contract that the Pac12 got, and to top it off there may be more money coming. What are your thoughts? Go talk to T Boone about working to get OkSt, OU, and two other to be determined teams to join forces with the Pac12. If Larry Scott can get us into the Pacific Rim market(China,Japan, S.Korea, Australia), the Pac12 Conference is going to have BIG TIME $$$.  

Pac-12 may be looking at another $1 billion

WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- The Pac-12's financial momentum isn't about to slow.

Commissioner Larry Scott said Tuesday that the league's media arm could earn the conference an additional $1 billion over a seven-to-10 period. The previously announced Pac-12 Media Enterprises is a kind of holding company, according to Scott, that would bundle the league's new network, the digital rights and the conference's sponsorship and licensing (Pac-12 Properties).

The expanded conference is just beginning to realize its total worth as it seeks to start its own network. The $1 billion would be separate from the 12-year, $3 billion rights fees deal the Pac -12 finalized with ESPN and Fox earlier this month.

"I can tell you this, based on offers people have made to us we've got at least a billion-dollar business we're sitting on," Scott told CBSSports.com. "That's just Pac-12 Media Enterprises."

He later added:  "That is a broad figure that has been thrown out to us by media investors. That's a potential minimum value over a seven-to-10 year period."

Dividing $1 billion among 12 schools could mean an additional $83 million is gross revenue total per school. Depending the on length of the deal, that means Pac-12 Media Enterprises alone could produce an additional $8.3 million-$11.9 million per year for each school. The schools already are guaranteed an average of $21 million per school in the ESPN-Fox deal. Stanford AD Bob Bowlsby seemed to confirm another pending windfall for the conference telling CBSSports.com that the network and digital rights "may be worth well into eight figures per year." He added, "Time will tell on that. We may know something in the next 90 days."

Scott called Pac-12 Media Enterprises a "for-profit subsidiary of the conference."

"I'm not running from it," he added, "but I don't want to leave the impression that our primary focus is financial."

with a partner. But Scott said several business models are still on the table.

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/29571144

Edit to snip post.  We can only post the link and partial article.  MB

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:03:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1275 on: May 27, 2011, 05:51:11 PM »

Hey Wreck. I would think that a few teams from the Big12 have got to be a bit disappointed after seeing the contract that the Pac12 got, and to top it off there may be more money coming. What are your thoughts? Go talk to T Boone about working to get OkSt, OU, and two other to be determined teams to join forces with the Pac12. If Larry Scott can get us into the Pacific Rim market(China,Japan, S.Korea, Australia), the Pac12 Conference is going to have BIG TIME $$$.  

Pac-12 may be looking at another $1 billion

WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- The Pac-12's financial momentum isn't about to slow.

Commissioner Larry Scott said Tuesday that the league's media arm could earn the conference an additional $1 billion over a seven-to-10 period. The previously announced Pac-12 Media Enterprises is a kind of holding company, according to Scott, that would bundle the league's new network, the digital rights and the conference's sponsorship and licensing (Pac-12 Properties).

The expanded conference is just beginning to realize its total worth as it seeks to start its own network. The $1 billion would be separate from the 12-year, $3 billion rights fees deal the Pac -12 finalized with ESPN and Fox earlier this month.

"I can tell you this, based on offers people have made to us we've got at least a billion-dollar business we're sitting on," Scott told CBSSports.com. "That's just Pac-12 Media Enterprises."

He later added:  "That is a broad figure that has been thrown out to us by media investors. That's a potential minimum value over a seven-to-10 year period."

Dividing $1 billion among 12 schools could mean an additional $83 million is gross revenue total per school. Depending the on length of the deal, that means Pac-12 Media Enterprises alone could produce an additional $8.3 million-$11.9 million per year for each school. The schools already are guaranteed an average of $21 million per school in the ESPN-Fox deal. Stanford AD Bob Bowlsby seemed to confirm another pending windfall for the conference telling CBSSports.com that the network and digital rights "may be worth well into eight figures per year." He added, "Time will tell on that. We may know something in the next 90 days."

Scott called Pac-12 Media Enterprises a "for-profit subsidiary of the conference."

"I'm not running from it," he added, "but I don't want to leave the impression that our primary focus is financial."

Scott, as well as industry insiders, is anxious to see the possibilities of the conference's network. The commissioner consulted with -- and gives a lot of credit to -- his peers at the Big Ten and SEC (Jim Delany and Mike Slive) who previously started similar ventures. All parties know the road to network profitability can be a long, hard slog. It took the Big Ten more than two years to realize a profit with its network. That was relatively fast for a start-up but no one knew in the beginning when that profit would come.

The Pac-12 is seemingly better positioned because Scott negotiated rights to first-tier games in football and basketball for his network. In other words, the Pac-12 Network (or whatever it is called) will have first choice of the best games for its air.

That situation will help with potential partners, distributors and advertisers. Scott said the league is still deciding how to deploy the network. First reports were that the Pac-12 would own it alone. That approach would maximize profits instead of having to share them with a partner. But Scott said several business models are still on the table.

Edit to snip article.  We can only post the link and partial article.  MB
http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/29571144

I was all ready to join last year!!!!!!!    
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:06:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1276 on: May 29, 2011, 03:56:17 PM »

We'd be more than happy to have you Wreck. Start throwing your weight around!

Frijole- If Bubba Starling goes pro, the Huskers are looking bit thin at QB. I hear the OC is looking to run Martinez more? I didn't like it when Jake Locker had to run more. All running the QB more can do is increase the chance of injury and wear them down over the course of the year. If you don't have a physically, and mentally tough QB that can play through it, it could make for a long year. Especially being in the Big10.

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1277 on: May 31, 2011, 03:45:04 PM »

no comments on Tressel's resignation?

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1278 on: May 31, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »

How are you None? The Ohio University should have never hired him from Youngstown St. They knew they were getting a coach that would continue on with the tradition that already existed in Columbus. CHEATING. That's just my opinion, but it has been going on for quite some time, and the charade is over. Gene Smith and Gordon Gee should also be FIRED. I would have a bit more respect for the fanbase if they were calling for peoples heads, but from reading many Buckeye forums, it seems that violations are the norm in Columbus. Just my opinion. Here's hoping that the NCAA doesn't stop there. The NCAA needs to clean out the garage and let the whole neigborhood know that they mean business. 

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1279 on: June 01, 2011, 12:13:30 AM »

How are you None? The Ohio University should have never hired him from Youngstown St. They knew they were getting a coach that would continue on with the tradition that already existed in Columbus. CHEATING. That's just my opinion, but it has been going on for quite some time, and the charade is over. Gene Smith and Gordon Gee should also be FIRED. I would have a bit more respect for the fanbase if they were calling for peoples heads, but from reading many Buckeye forums, it seems that violations are the norm in Columbus. Just my opinion. Here's hoping that the NCAA doesn't stop there. The NCAA needs to clean out the garage and let the whole neigborhood know that they mean business. 

Hi KTF, I'm doing okay, how are you? Thanks for asking.......

I really knew nothing of Tressel prior to his arrival but I am pretty shocked by how wide and how deep the violations have expanded under scrutiny. If I were an OSU fan or alum I'd be calling for more heads to roll too!

It's ironic to read all about the auto dealers involved in this, certainly far larger now than trading memorabilia and bowl rings for tattoos isn't it? My first husband and I were GM dealers and we provided an auto for one of the asst coaches at an SEC program for 15 years, but never had contact with players. We also paid the going rate (and contribution requirement annually) for our four club seats, in addition to providing the auto which only gave you an credit in the media guide as a sponsor. My how things have changed????

It really is a disgrace what has happened and it's also apparent that the NCAA isn't doing an effective job of governance anymore. I just do not believe it's this hard to follow the rumors and ferret out the offenders.............it has to be a conscious decision on the part of the NCAA to only pursue the most flagrant violations that go public now.

Where is college football going to end up? So sad........

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.