March 19, 2024, 07:42:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048608 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2010, 07:47:08 PM »

Bean, looks like Bo went with the speedy QB option = lookin good !

Kiwi, thanks for opening the dawg house, son's game isn't until tomorrow so I'll politely ask you to keep it open 

pdh - we've been working on samples all day so we have choco salted caramel cupcakes, blueberry cupcakes, raspberry lemon cupcakes...........and chocolate truffles. We'll share if we can have some of your wings with you 

Ole Miss got a bit of a scare didn't they? But I have a lotta faith in Coach Rader to get that young QB steadily improving - have to wonder how much Masoli really will play?

Fla State played Samford, it's a good private college in B'ham but better known for basketball then for football. I actually dated a very tall guy who played bball for them back in the day, he's administrator for one of the hospitals there now.

I continue to stand with the girl.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2010, 10:04:13 PM »

Need to check in.   None, didn't no son was still playing.   I am trying to stay awake for r game.  It,'s just me and the IPad. Up at this time.    Some good games today.  WatchingLSU.      Good luck this season to all.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2010, 10:56:34 PM »

Ark beats Tenn tech   44 to 3!!! ryan mallett played 2&1/2 quarters and was 21 of 25 for 301 yards! looks like a good start!
enjoyed following everybody's games today. thanks for the hospitatlity kiwi!
ok.....back to going thru junk, throwing out and packing.....did i tell yall....i start a new job in a new town oct 4th!!! lots to do!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2010, 11:24:50 PM »

Bean, looks like Bo went with the speedy QB option = lookin good !

Kiwi, thanks for opening the dawg house, son's game isn't until tomorrow so I'll politely ask you to keep it open 

pdh - we've been working on samples all day so we have choco salted caramel cupcakes, blueberry cupcakes, raspberry lemon cupcakes...........and chocolate truffles. We'll share if we can have some of your wings with you 

Ole Miss got a bit of a scare didn't they? But I have a lotta faith in Coach Rader to get that young QB steadily improving - have to wonder how much Masoli really will play?

Fla State played Samford, it's a good private college in B'ham but better known for basketball then for football. I actually dated a very tall guy who played bball for them back in the day, he's administrator for one of the hospitals there now.

Nonesy.....I swear it's spooky.....this parallel lives thing.....I have a very good friend from the morrtgage business days who played basketball at Samford.

Yum on the goodies you made! I sure will trade some wings for those!

GO!!! So good to see you! What's up with the Badgers? They look to be pretty good this year from what I've read. Good luck to your team this season!

Cameron Newton was as advertised and more!!! Our offense is something to behold. But our defense needs some tweaking....
All things considered, though...I am happy with our opener, and with the win! WDE!!!

Before I transferred to UAB I went to Jacksonville State University.....and today my Gamecocks beat Houston Nutt and Ole Miss!

Jax State was a team that just would not stop. They took Ole Miss to overtime and then beat them.
 Jeremiah Masoli had a few moments of offensive showmanship , but he was a little rusty. He does seem to be very good though. I'm not sure how he'll do against SEC defenses. But I can see why Houston Nutt wanted him. He is very talented.

Ole Miss and Auburn may have the best QB1's in the SEC....sorry cuz!

Speaking of cuz....I hope the new job in the new town is everything you are hoping for! Sounds exciting!
Congrats on the Arky win also!

Watching the OK State Cowboys right now! 

So....Boise State or VaTech on Monday night?  I guess I'll go with the Hokies.

WAR EAGLE!!! IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2010, 11:33:27 PM »

Well we've been open for a few hours today at Kiwi's Dawg House. Wow its packed in here no empty seats like in Fla St. Hey no throwing things at the TVs or the fences will go up. Ya I know most of it was my fault with how great Michigan was playing! So have fun today and play nice!!!!

I do solemnly swear not to throw anything at the TV this year. I do. Really.   an angelic monkey

You were so nice to leave all those AU stickers up....except the ones on the TV screen. That Auburn Tiger Fairy did get a little carried away...

Is that an Ole Miss Rebel crying behind that sofa? 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2010, 11:36:13 PM »

Nonesy -  Please let Nascar know we are pulling for his team!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2010, 11:51:25 PM »

Great to hear from so many today!!!!!  GO Hope you can stay awake for the game.. I have to take naps to stay up that late. ha ha

Well we won and the speed demon lived up to the hype - great game for a redshirt freshman.  123 yds rushing I think only two passes that weren't caught but neither were on him.  First time we have EVER started one the first game.  Tommie Frazier started as a RSFreshman but the 4th or 5th game.  Offense looked pretty good today - much improved.  Defense... Bo was pissed... ha ha. 

Texas and Oklahoma both struggled today I saw.  Wreck looks like you all kicked some butt.  How did they look?

I read in an article this week that part of why Masoli was so awesome was because of the scheme they ran at Oregon and obviously his surrounding cast... they didnt think he'd be anything great at Ole Miss.  Guess we shall see.

None - good luck to your son tomorrow!  I will take one of each of those cupcakes. yum yum
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2010, 03:02:49 AM »

Well thank you all! Even though Kiwi's Dawg House was full no TV sets were broken!!!!!!
Wow OSU 65 points yikes. Has anyone seen Wreck tonight? 
None the Dawg House will definitely be open tomorrow! How many guests are expected?
Who brought those cup cakes today? Fab
GO- We were getting worried about you! Pdh was going to send out a search party. Your Badgers are looking fine!
Cuz- Another Michigan QB had a fine day for you. The other one that jumped camp led ASU Threet to a nice start of the season. Would have liked QB Forcier to have played some of todays Mich game. Wouldn't want him to be the 3rd to jump ship.
Bean- As good a day your QB had, Robinson for Mich had 198 rushing yards and 186 passing 19 of 22. Played 3qts of the game. He's smoking fast and gain 20 lbs over the off season. Just they should play Forcier once in awhile to reduce the wear and tear over a hole season. That being said the Defense was very lucky UConn was pretty good. Since its a one game season we should go to a bowl game now. Nuts,  ::MonkeyShovel::well maybe we can out score everyone. Hmmm Hmmmmm
KTF- Sorry your game was the only real game on our list. BYU was a more even match. Next week Mich plays ND to decide if RR stays or goes. If we play defense it would be nice. Hopefully we'll stop rushing 3 and letting the opposing QB's pick us apart. But hey we were only 87th in defense last year.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2010, 03:18:59 AM »

This you might find interesting the UConn vs Michigan game 113,000 plus, the largest crowd in college football history.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2010, 12:52:09 PM »

Kiwi - sounds like you got yourself a gamer.  Fantastic news!  How did your D look?  Sorry but I didn't see any of your game or any highlights.  It sure seems like the team made a huge statement to doubters.

We only played our 'starter' for about 1/2 game and I'm not sure they are done with this multiple QB thing which drives me crazy.

This kid had 123 on only 7 carries - averaged almost 18 yds per carry and he scored 3 TDs on thos 7 carries.  I can see giving the 2nd stringer some time but we put in last year's starter for a couple series and he looked pretty much the same.  I say let the new kid get more reps and the team get into rhythm.

Is the Wisconsin game still on?    I haven't seen a score on that one... will go check.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2010, 01:05:35 PM »

Well, needless to say --I'm pretty stoked about how we looked last night! Granted, it was lowly Washington State, but they ARE a major conference team. Our new OC was fantastic and our RB who was hurt last year returned to his form from 2 years ago (257 yards on 21 carries - 208 at half time).
Bring on Troy next week!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »

Poor Troy! ha.  Yeah - poll on a Husker board said that OSU looked best of all B12 teams for first game.   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2010, 04:11:42 PM »

Note to KTF:

Our QB from last year (Zac Robinson) got cut by NE and picked up by the Seahawks!!   

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2010, 04:33:03 PM »

With a sis-boom, hip hoorah

Who are the jayhawks playing today -- or are they?? 
I see they are playing N. DAK State ................. maybe they will add them to their new words to their fight song! 

"Oh we'll stampede those Bison boys" or something!!!   
Kansas can't be feeling too good today! ....... Bison Boys 6 Jayhawks 3   Monkey Devil!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2010, 05:20:14 PM »

Great to hear from so many today!!!!!  GO Hope you can stay awake for the game.. I have to take naps to stay up that late. ha ha

Well we won and the speed demon lived up to the hype - great game for a redshirt freshman.  123 yds rushing I think only two passes that weren't caught but neither were on him.  First time we have EVER started one the first game.  Tommie Frazier started as a RSFreshman but the 4th or 5th game.  Offense looked pretty good today - much improved.  Defense... Bo was pissed... ha ha. 

Texas and Oklahoma both struggled today I saw.  Wreck looks like you all kicked some butt.  How did they look?

Well...Masoli looked really good considering the circumstances of the game

I read in an article this week that part of why Masoli was so awesome was because of the scheme they ran at Oregon and obviously his surrounding cast... they didnt think he'd be anything great at Ole Miss.  Guess we shall see.

None - good luck to your son tomorrow!  I will take one of each of those cupcakes. yum yum

Masoli looked really good yesterday....considering the circumstances. He hasn't even had time to practice much or familiarize himself with the Ole Miss offense. But I saw him do some really good things, so he is talented. He could make things happen if he gets the chance. Nutt was out-coached yesterday, which is a common occurrence with him. Masoli isn't used to the bone-crushing defenses in the SEC either, so he may have trouble adjusting to that too. But from what I saw that kid has a lot of talent.

Florida looked very shaky yesterday. They have a lot of work to do.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2010, 05:23:11 PM »

Note to KTF:

Our QB from last year (Zac Robinson) got cut by NE and picked up by the Seahawks!!   

Matt Leinert is out of a job too. I wonder where his whiney behind will end up? He's a spoiled little boy.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2010, 10:49:12 PM »

Everyone sounds pretty happy with their first game outcomes 

GO so glad you're back, son isn't playing but he's coaching wr's and special teams. Your Badgers surely did well - great to see!

Thanks for all the good monkey mojo, son's team won 20 to 13 and his boys made 2 of the 3 TD's so it's a good day 

Cuz, congrats on landing that new job, new horizons and best wishes for great success!

Kiwi, glad to see you so proud and thank you for continuing to provide the best of dawghouses! The cuppys were baked by our wee hands.........daughter and myself. Tasty too if I say so myself, today we baked blueberry and raspberry cuppys with cream frosting with lemon zest.

PDH - we do lead parallel lives sweet friend 

Bean, you are so happy, how you love football 

wreck glad you're happy too, big win !

Texasmom should be proud of TCU too !

Breaking news - UNC's asst head coach John Blake just resigned..........be interesting to see what happens next. I have to say it was heartening to see UNC's QB Yates perform so well along with many other teammates, against all the adversity. Good to see the team can pull together against all the emotions and adversity.

PDH - I agree Leinnart is acting like a baby - heaven forbid he actually have to earn his highly paid position.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »

OH and I can't believe no on mentioned the ESPN GameDay commercial with Mack Brown and Saban playing Hungry Hippos - I just bust everytime I see it  Monkey Devil!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2010, 11:45:11 PM »

Wow.. I missed that commercial. 

Just been reading up on the Blake thing... not surprising to me.  They call him Black Santa for a reason.  I am happy that the team was able to rally despite though.  Tough season for those kids that play by the rules.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2010, 01:49:39 AM »

OH and I can't believe no on mentioned the ESPN GameDay commercial with Mack Brown and Saban playing Hungry Hippos - I just bust everytime I see it  Monkey Devil!
I haven't seen this yet either --- I bet it's hilarious 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.