March 18, 2024, 09:19:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048466 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1500 on: December 18, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »

Wreck- Yes I would rather see Okla St play LSU. Even if Alabama beats LSU they still split the season. However, wouldn't mind buying tickets to the Fiesta Bowl to see Okla St play.

I was looking forward to this game as well until OK St loss to Iowa St. You can't lose to an unranked team that you were favored to beat by 2+ TD's and expect to play for a BCS National Championship. Not when Bama loss to the #1 team in the country.

Just the way it is.

Well, it is what it is -- OK State was still far and away the # 2 ranked team by the computers that did all the math of schedule strength, win margins, etc, etc. etc. The coaches voted only in their own best interest -- whether it helped them or their conference. Why should LSU have to beat Alabama twice???? -JMO 

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1501 on: December 18, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »

Wreck- Yes I would rather see Okla St play LSU. Even if Alabama beats LSU they still split the season. However, wouldn't mind buying tickets to the Fiesta Bowl to see Okla St play.

I was looking forward to this game as well until OK St loss to Iowa St. You can't lose to an unranked team that you were favored to beat by 2+ TD's and expect to play for a BCS National Championship. Not when Bama loss to the #1 team in the country.

Just the way it is.

Well, it is what it is -- OK State was still far and away the # 2 ranked team by the computers that did all the math of schedule strength, win margins, etc, etc. etc. The coaches voted only in their own best interest -- whether it helped them or their conference. Why should LSU have to beat Alabama twice???? -JMO 

Like ya said, it is what it is. I must admit, I would have had a hard time voting OK St. #2 had I a vote. No way you can lose to an unranked team and play for all the marbles. JMO.

Would it have been any more fair had Oregon not lost to UCS? LSU would have had to play them twice as well.

Here is am interesting premise. What would have happened if LSU let Georgia beat the by close margin in SEC Champ? It was thought that LSU was going to the BCS Championship game, win or lose. Had Georgia won, they would have gone to the Sugar Bowl as the SEC Champs. That would have meant that Bama would have been out of all BCS bowls.

That would have been the only way that the Cowboys would have gone.

Granted, I wanted to see the great SEC defense vs. the vaunted Big 12, 10, how ever many teams they have now offense. However, ya can't lose to Iowa St and complain.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1502 on: December 18, 2011, 11:41:05 PM »

Just the way it is.
I'm crying over spilled milk!!  Riddle me this ---- what if Boise State's only loss was to LSU? Should they have have earned the right to play them again for the National Championship in a re-match? Boise had an inferior schedule. I submit to you that Oklahoma State had a superior schedule to Alabama. The computers will tell you so -- not even close.
Yes, the Iowa State loss wasn't good (in Ames and in overtime on a botched extra point). Iowa State  was a bowl team this year -- and I really hate to use this as a crutch, but this was a very odd Friday night game -- the same day as our women's basketball coach was tragically killed in plane wreck. No one ever said life is fair -- but the BCS certainly is not even remotely fair.

Like ya said, it is what it is. I must admit, I would have had a hard time voting OK St. #2 had I a vote. No way you can lose to an unranked team and play for all the marbles. JMO.

Would it have been any more fair had Oregon not lost to UCS? LSU would have had to play them twice as well.

Here is am interesting premise. What would have happened if LSU let Georgia beat the by close margin in SEC Champ? It was thought that LSU was going to the BCS Championship game, win or lose. Had Georgia won, they would have gone to the Sugar Bowl as the SEC Champs. That would have meant that Bama would have been out of all BCS bowls.

Granted, I wanted to see the great SEC defense vs. the vaunted Big 12, 10, how ever many teams they have now offense. However, ya can't lose to Iowa St and complain.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1503 on: December 18, 2011, 11:43:36 PM »

Just the way it is.
::justice2NJ::Like ya said, it is what it is. I must admit, I would have had a hard time voting OK St. #2 had I a vote. No way you can lose to an unranked team and play for all the marbles. JMO.

OOPS!!

I'm crying over spilled milk!!  Riddle me this ---- what if Boise State's only loss was to LSU? Should they have have earned the right to play them again for the National Championship in a re-match? Boise had an inferior schedule. I submit to you that Oklahoma State had a superior schedule to Alabama. The computers will tell you so -- not even close.
Yes, the Iowa State loss wasn't good (in Ames and in overtime on a botched extra point). Iowa State  was a bowl team this year -- and I really hate to use this as a crutch, but this was a very odd Friday night game -- the same day as our women's basketball coach was tragically killed in plane wreck. No one ever said life is fair -- but the BCS certainly is not even remotely fair.

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1504 on: December 19, 2011, 12:29:15 AM »

I agree with everything you said Red about Tim Tebow!cannot understand why a lot of people hate on him! He is so obviously genuine! Kind of refreshing after all the thugs the NFL puts out. I do have to admit tho I chuckled watching a SNL skit sat night where Jimmy Fallin was Jesus in the Denver Bronco's locker room!         BCS is a bunch of BS let's hope somebody can come up with a better solution soon.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1505 on: December 19, 2011, 04:59:10 PM »

I agree with everything you said Red about Tim Tebow!cannot understand why a lot of people hate on him! He is so obviously genuine! Kind of refreshing after all the thugs the NFL puts out. I do have to admit tho I chuckled watching a SNL skit sat night where Jimmy Fallin was Jesus in the Denver Bronco's locker room!         BCS is a bunch of BS let's hope somebody can come up with a better solution soon.
Hmmm I would agree the BCS is a bunch of BS. Being on the positive side of this years bowl games with Michigan going to the Sugar Bowl is definitely a BCS mess. Playing VT is reasonable, just not a BCS match up. Having suffered with the last few years of Michigan in the Dawg House it is nice to see them doing better this year. However, we are not a top 10 team this year. I would rather see Okla St and others play in a playoff that leads to the NC game. The system we now use doesn't give us a clear national champion due to the politics of the vote.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1506 on: December 19, 2011, 06:53:18 PM »

I thought the Jimmy Fallon skit was hilarious 

Big Tebow fan here!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1507 on: December 19, 2011, 09:45:17 PM »

Hi all... sorry I missed all the posts Smile  I gotta stick up for the Big 12 here... Don't laugh but Iowa State is for real.  Paul Rhoads has got them working on all cylinders.  I watched that game in total shock.  Like Wreck said  - two things happened - ISU was really good.  OSU was flat and I attribute that to their coaches that died in the plane crash.  But yes - they lost fair and square... That said... so did Bama.

I agree that OSU had a much tougher schedule than Bama.  Look at the coaches poll and how they voted and you will see why it wasn't possible for OSU to be at the dance.  So we are stuck with another repeat NCG.  Yawn.  I would have LOVED to have seen what the Mad Hatter would do against Gundy and vice versa.  That game would be fun.

Oh well... good luck to everyone in their bowl games and have a fantastic holiday!!!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1508 on: December 19, 2011, 10:29:15 PM »

Hi all... sorry I missed all the posts Smile  I gotta stick up for the Big 12 here... Don't laugh but Iowa State is for real.  Paul Rhoads has got them working on all cylinders.  I watched that game in total shock.  Like Wreck said  - two things happened - ISU was really good.  OSU was flat and I attribute that to their coaches that died in the plane crash.  But yes - they lost fair and square... That said... so did Bama.

I agree that OSU had a much tougher schedule than Bama.  Look at the coaches poll and how they voted and you will see why it wasn't possible for OSU to be at the dance.  So we are stuck with another repeat NCG.  Yawn.  I would have LOVED to have seen what the Mad Hatter would do against Gundy and vice versa.  That game would be fun.

Oh well... good luck to everyone in their bowl games and have a fantastic holiday!!!
Thanks for the kind words!! 

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1509 on: December 21, 2011, 12:16:22 PM »

I thought the Jimmy Fallon skit was hilarious 

Big Tebow fan here!

correcting myself -- because the one I saw was Will Farrel, I think -  not Jimmy Fallon  Embarassed

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1510 on: December 22, 2011, 07:31:15 AM »

Sharon... I get those two confused too... and we never would have noticed.    Happy holidays!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1511 on: December 23, 2011, 11:33:55 PM »

I just stay confused 

Finally home for the first time since Tgiving, kids both home for the holidays before I leave for the west coast for 3 months.

Wishing everyone a most happy holiday 

I continue to stand with the girl.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1512 on: December 24, 2011, 07:50:34 AM »

I just stay confused  

Finally home for the first time since Tgiving, kids both home for the holidays before I leave for the west coast for 3 months.

Wishing everyone a most happy holiday  

Hi None!!  It's always good to hear from you.   I hope you and the kids are well and you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1513 on: December 24, 2011, 08:33:35 AM »

I heard the bells on Christmas Day Their old, familiar carols play,And wild and sweet The words repeat Of peace on earth, good-will to men! - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

To all my monkey friends and family
Holiday Greetings and Best Wishes for a New Year of Happiness in a world of peace.

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1514 on: December 25, 2011, 09:10:54 AM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Peace on earth - good will to all.

Happy Holidays Monkey friends.

Frijole

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1515 on: December 25, 2011, 08:11:43 PM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Peace on earth - good will to all.

Happy Holidays Monkey friends.

Frijole

MERRY CHRISTMAS Frijole and to all the sports Monkeys
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1516 on: December 25, 2011, 08:19:18 PM »

Boise State shows in their Bowl game that the BCS are futher a bunch of fools.

No way that BSU did not belong in a BCS Bowl especially when they were the #7 team in the BCS standings and had a graduating QB that was 50-3. The three losses by a combined 5 points.  It is obvious that the BCS was only put in place to make $'s for the power conferences.

How does anyone justify #11 VA Tech and #13 Michigan playing in the Sugar Bowl and not Boise St?

Sadly, the BCS is just afraid of being humiliated by the nonautomotive qualifiers beating up on the big boys like Boise, TCU and Utah St have done in the past.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1517 on: December 25, 2011, 09:08:49 PM »

No way that BSU did not belong in a BCS Bowl especially when they were the #7 team in the BCS standings and had a graduating QB that was 50-3. The three losses by a combined 5 points.  It is obvious that the BCS was only put in place to make $'s for the power conferences.

How does anyone justify #11 VA Tech and #13 Michigan playing in the Sugar Bowl and not Boise St?

Sadly, the BCS is just afraid of being humiliated by the nonautomotive qualifiers beating up on the big boys like Boise, TCU and Utah St have done in the past.
Are you looking for an argument from me?!?!?!?!?  The BCS is just plain stupid.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1518 on: December 28, 2011, 07:47:09 PM »

Are you looking for an argument from me?!?!?!?!?  The BCS is just plain stupid.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I agree with you that the BCS is screwed up. Why have a BCS formula if you are not going to use it for Bowl games unless its the 1 vs. 2?
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1519 on: December 30, 2011, 12:51:15 AM »

The BCS debate is one I won't step into - like corporate america, it's rather corrupt.

I am surprised no one's posted about this video interview with Malzahn's wife? 

http://deadspin.com/5868492/heres-the-bizarre-kristi-malzahn-interview-somebodys-trying-to-sweep-off-the-internet

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.