March 18, 2024, 08:41:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048460 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1720 on: December 31, 2012, 06:42:42 PM »

Thank you Klaas, Tamikosonsmom, San, Bean, & Sharon. Everyone's prayers mean so much, from your lips to God's ears.

Bean, no it's not Cushings. Hers is located on the pituitary stem next to the brain, so they are unsure until they open her up if it's pituitary or brain cancer. In discussion with her father this weekend I learned that her great-aunt had a brain tumor in the 70's that was larger and malignant, but she survived to live until 80. I never knew and his aunt was full of life so I am so hopeful we have caught this in time and that she will have a normal life span and a good life. Lesson learned, know your family medical history......

None

In 1990 ... I had a LARGE benign tumor (acoustic neuroma) removed during a 13 hour surgical procedure.  Apparently it had been growing for up to ten years.  Other than a gradual loss of hearing over the years ... I did not have any concerning symptoms.  Anyway ... following a rough recovery period (emotionally and physically) ... a complete loss of hearing in one ear and ... putting my family through a literal h--- on earth ... I am still alive and kicking almost 23 years later.  Nevertheless ... when all is said and done I would willingly go through it all again if it meant sparing one of my kids/their spouses/grandkids.

The prayers of others upholding me and my family are always appreciated but during that dark period those prayers were a lifeline.  Sometimes when overwhelmed ... it is sooo difficult to reach up to The Light.

Along with other Monkeys who have experienced adversity ... "nonesuche's" daughter and family have been added to our church's ladies' prayer chain.

None ... please keep us updated.  Maybe your posts could be copied to the Prayer thread.

None ... Christmas Blessings to you and yours.

Love, Janet

Big Hugs to you Janet 

Back at ya none.

Our Christmas cookies this year were compliments of 11 year old Granddaughter and "other" Grandma.  As I was sitting back and relaxing on Boxing Day with a cuppa tea and a cookie while most of the family were hitting the stores ... gift cards burning a hold in their wallets ... I thought about you.  Do you and your daughter still bake those creative cookies on special occassions?  Anyways ... I ask God to give you strength and most of all ... peace for whatever lies ahead.  You have been through a lot over the past few years.

Hubby and I are in process of getting ready for New Years Eve.  Dinner with friends at the local Spagetti Factory and ... then we are hosting the group back at our home this year for our traditional games night.  We are such party animals.

Happy New Years None!

Janet
3:30 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1721 on: January 06, 2013, 10:37:44 PM »

So who is winning the BCS National Championship Game, ND or Bama?

Of course I will be rooting for the Fighting Irish, I just hope that ND can match the SEC speed.

As for the rest of the bowl games, I think the Chick-Fil-A Bowl was the best game to date with Clemson beating LSU. Honestly, its too bad that it was not a New Years Day bowl or one of the BCS games. With a match up like that, both teams deserved it.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1722 on: January 20, 2013, 08:49:17 AM »

GO PATS!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1723 on: February 01, 2013, 09:06:44 PM »

We'll all be together for xmas, grateful for that but my daughter broke her hand prior to Tgiving then they noticed irregularities during that surgery with her bone density. So more tests followed out to concerns and she's now been diagnosed with a tumor on her pituitary gland. Gratefully chances are it's benign but she will undergo surgery after xmas to remove it, daunting to say the very least. So if you can spare a prayer for her I'm asking...........she's my sweet child and so does not deserve all she's going through. So hold your families close and enjoy this holiday season.

None

Each day I check this thread and the prayer thread anticipating an update and ... each day in my devotions I uphold you and your precious family to our awesome God.

Love Janet

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1724 on: February 01, 2013, 09:09:48 PM »

Super Bowl Weekend on TV
February 1, 2013

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-super-bowl-weekend-on-tv-20130201,0,475670.story

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1725 on: February 03, 2013, 11:45:14 PM »

Yeah!  The Ravens won!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1726 on: February 17, 2013, 08:30:48 PM »

We'll all be together for xmas, grateful for that but my daughter broke her hand prior to Tgiving then they noticed irregularities during that surgery with her bone density. So more tests followed out to concerns and she's now been diagnosed with a tumor on her pituitary gland. Gratefully chances are it's benign but she will undergo surgery after xmas to remove it, daunting to say the very least. So if you can spare a prayer for her I'm asking...........she's my sweet child and so does not deserve all she's going through. So hold your families close and enjoy this holiday season.

None

Each day I check this thread and the prayer thread anticipating an update and ... each day in my devotions I uphold you and your precious family to our awesome God.

Love Janet

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

I am sorry to have been away so long, it's been a difficult path of decisions for daughter - my being on the west coast with work has only complicated it. She had a month of radiation and is now into her 3rd week of chemo, the hope is to reduce the tumor prior to surgery which will likely occur in another 45 days should she be holding up well from a health perspective. This week was a little better, less nausea and fewer migraines, both side effects along with low blood pressure which keep her dizzy. So no cookies this season, she's had to take off from work and grad school this semester to tackle this tumor.

Son made his first NCAA D-1 coach's convention, was interesting to hear his feedback.

I hope you and yours are well Janet - hugs to you.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1727 on: February 18, 2013, 11:29:20 AM »

None

Love Janet

I am sorry to have been away so long, it's been a difficult path of decisions for daughter - my being on the west coast with work has only complicated it. She had a month of radiation and is now into her 3rd week of chemo, the hope is to reduce the tumor prior to surgery which will likely occur in another 45 days should she be holding up well from a health perspective. This week was a little better, less nausea and fewer migraines, both side effects along with low blood pressure which keep her dizzy. So no cookies this season, she's had to take off from work and grad school this semester to tackle this tumor.

Son made his first NCAA D-1 coach's convention, was interesting to hear his feedback.

None

THANK YOU for sharing.  I will continue to uphold you, daughter, son and family in my prayers.  I only wish I could do more.

Hugs, Janet

_____

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1728 on: February 18, 2013, 09:36:06 PM »

None

Love Janet

nonesuche, thank you for giving us an update on your daughter.  Wishing her all my best with her upcoming surgery.  I will keep her in my prayers.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1729 on: February 19, 2013, 12:13:39 PM »

None

Love Janet

an angelic monkey  I'm hoping and praying for the best for your daughter, nonesuche.  I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers.  Thank you for updating us.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1730 on: February 19, 2013, 06:17:22 PM »

Nonesuche - I'm so sorry "little none" is having to go through all this.  I'll keep her in my prayers  an angelic monkey
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1731 on: March 02, 2013, 01:56:08 PM »

None

Love Janet

None

THANK YOU for sharing.  I will continue to uphold you, daughter, son and family in my prayers.  I only wish I could do more.

Hugs, Janet

Deuteronomy 31:8
"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

You Raise Me Up - Daniel O'Donnell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etK5yLjiVOs&NR=1

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1732 on: March 29, 2013, 05:25:26 PM »

None

Love Janet

Hi none

How's it going hon?  I think of you often and my heart breaks.  Our children may be grown but they will always be our children.  If only we could protect them from adversity in their lives.  It is not often easy but we must remember that their Heavenly father loves them too and ... unlike their earthly parents ... He sees the whole picture ... not just this moment in time.

Janet

_____

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1733 on: April 27, 2013, 12:10:47 PM »

What's everyone think about the NFL draft?

So far thru three rounds I think that the St Louis Rams have had just a tremendous draft:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/stl/year/2013/st-louis-rams

Stand out Wr's Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey go from WV to the Rams.

They pick up  LB Alec Ogletree from GA who was one of the best in the country last year and safety TJ McDonald from USC.

They have done wonders for their team.

UPDATE, add Center Barrett Jones from BCS National Champs Alabama.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:48:59 PM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1734 on: April 27, 2013, 12:14:40 PM »

NJ Jets with an interesting draft especially since they drafted QB Gino Smith from WV which could end Mark Sanchez's days in NY. CB Dee Milliner a solid pick.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/nyj/year/2013/new-york-jets
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1735 on: May 01, 2013, 01:21:56 AM »

So far thru three rounds I think that the St Louis Rams have had just a tremendous draft:

They pick up  LB Alec Ogletree from GA who was one of the best in the country last year and safety TJ McDonald from USC.

I agree with the Cowboy fan @ the draft with the sign: "Can we trade all our picks for a new GM????

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1736 on: May 04, 2013, 03:43:48 PM »

I agree with the Cowboy fan @ the draft with the sign: "Can we trade all our picks for a new GM????

I would agree, they were pretty much given an "F" for their draft. Jerry Jones has pretty much destroyed this team. Its incredible why some one would spend that much money on a team that is a failure year after year. But Jones' ego is more important that a winning team. Everything is bigger is Texas, including Jerry jones' head.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1737 on: July 06, 2013, 11:39:23 AM »

None

Love Janet

None

Today I came across a card that a friend sent me years ago when I was going through a trial in my life ... a trial when I was overwhelmed ... a trial when I was having a difficult time reaching up.  I was reminded of the encouragement I felt knowing that others were upholding me to our Heavenly Father.  The words within this card articulated my ongoing daily devotional prayer for you.  I felt compelled to share.

Hugs

Janet

I Said a Prayer for You Today

I said a prayer for you today
 and know God must have heard;
I felt the answer in my heart
 although He spoke not a word.
I didn't ask for wealth or famw
 (I knew you wouldn't mind)
I asked for priceless treasures rare
 of a more lasting kind.
I prayed that He'd be near to you
 at the start of each new day.
To grant you health and blessings fair
 and friends to share your way.
I asked for happiness for you
 in all things great and small,
but that you'd know His loving care
 I prayed the most of all.

_____

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1738 on: July 12, 2013, 12:03:56 AM »

Oh, I am so ashamed I have not checked in... Just reading back and my heart is breaking for nonesuch! You all where there for me during my time of need which was so important to me! Sending prayers now my dear friend... Please update when you can!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1739 on: August 13, 2013, 04:27:45 PM »

Hi None

When you deem the time is right ... an update would be appreciated.  In the meantime ... prayers by those involved in our church's prayer chain are being uplifted to our Heavenly Father on behalf of "None" and her precious family.  Today I asked God to afford you assurance of His presence with every step of this journey and ... strength to endure. 

Love, Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.