March 19, 2024, 03:39:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048546 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1840 on: November 30, 2013, 01:45:19 PM »

Frijole -- I see Bo got the "vote of confidence" -- who will be your new HC next year?? 

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1841 on: November 30, 2013, 07:56:50 PM »

WOW ...#4 Auburn Stuns #1 Alabama 34-28 on Last Play of Game as ‘Second’ Miracle at Jordan Hare in Two Weeks

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/11/30/wow-4-auburn-stuns-1-alabama-34-28-on-last-play-of-game-as-2nd-miracle-at-jordan-hare-in-two-weeks/

THE GREATEST IRON BOWL EVER … TIGERS WIN, TIGERS WIN, TIGERS WIN … WAR EAGLE!!!

It was an Iron Bowl for the ages, the #4 Auburn Tigers stunned #1 Alabama  34-28 on the final play of the game. The Crimson Tide tried a 56 yard field goal with 1 second left on the clock to win the game when another miracle happened on The Plains. The FG was short and the Auburn Tigers’ Chris Davis ran the ball back 108 yards for a game winning touch down.

This is why we love college football!!!

One of very good friends is an Auburn grad and I think he nearly lost his mind today with today's win. We had been texting back and forth thru the game and then it happened ... The "Second" Miracle at Jordan Hare.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1842 on: November 30, 2013, 08:22:48 PM »

WOW is right!  These have been some great rivalry games, especially the Auburn/Bama game.  OMG 
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1843 on: November 30, 2013, 11:34:02 PM »

Damn Red... You nailed the scenario on the previous page.... Missouri and Auburn to meet in SEC championship game!! What a crazy game!!
I bet Saban sure wishes they had not added that last second to the clock now!! Auburn has lead a charmed season for sure!
Bean... I cannot believe they are going to keep Bo!! I saw his rude comments at halftime to the reporter! Then I heard his after game comments and I thought he was a goner for sure!
Well..... My beloved Razorbacks did find another way to lose Friday against LSU!!! We had the game til our pass defense folded again with a minute and a half left! Heartbreaking for the players! I was proud of the effort... We always seems to play well against LSU!!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1844 on: November 30, 2013, 11:55:18 PM »

Yea Klaas, rivalry week is one of the best, if not the best weekend of the college football year. None of those cupcake games where a top 10 team is playing SE Missouri Tech Community College.

ALABABA-AUBURN
USC-UCLA
CLEMSON-SOUTH CAROLINA
OSU-MICHIGAN
ARIZONA-ARIZONA ST
OLE MISS-MISSPSSIPPI ST
OREGON-OREGON ST
WASHINGTON-WASHINGTON ST

great weekend of football 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1845 on: December 01, 2013, 12:58:24 AM »

Final play of Auburn-Alabama is the greatest  play in NCAA history - dare anyone to come up with better!! 

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1846 on: December 01, 2013, 11:54:22 AM »

Final play of Auburn-Alabama is the greatest  play in NCAA history - dare anyone to come up with better!! 

Wreck, I think you are correct, especially when you put into context what was at stake, it was #1 vs. #4, hated rivals and Bama has been arguably one of the greatest recent dynasties in sports going for 3 straight BCS Championships.

The Play was a close second only because of the band being on the field and the trombone player getting spiked was an added plus! The call of the play was simply brilliant.

Here are some other memorable ones:

The Play - From 1982, Cal and Stanford.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfebpLfAt8g

The  Miracle in Miami - November 23, 1984: Doug Flutie's "Hail Mary" finds Gerard Phelan to give Boston College a huge 47-45 win over "The U," University of Miami.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ykWbu2Gl0

Boise St v. OK in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl ... take your pick, but the Statue of Liberty was amazing. It was the last play to win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awAq_7S08o0
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1847 on: December 01, 2013, 08:02:24 PM »

I had the privilege of seeing my Auburn Tigers play again - this week in the Iron Bowl.

The celebration after the game in the stands and at Toomer's Corner was phenomenal.  Gus has revived this program.

I won't be getting any dead floral arrangements from my Bammer friends this year.

Got a second?
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1848 on: December 01, 2013, 09:50:34 PM »

OMG just shoot me!  I went to Lincoln to the game on FRI then to the basketball game on SAT so got home just in time to watch the 2nd half of the Bama vs Auburn game which was INSANE - what an ending!  I cheered for Auburn I must admit.

Back to the Bo thing... we thought he was toast BEFORE his insane rants.  Not sure if you saw them all... there was the half time rudeness to the reporter, the personal foul on the coach for screaming like an ahole to the ref and hitting him with your hat, the ridiculous fake punt call and yes the postgame where he said "I'm not apologizing to anybody for anything my body of work speaks for itself blah blah blah"

Here's what I think happened... trust me our chancellor despises Bo and wants him gone and he is the one that hired the new AD to replace Tom Osborne.  The new AD has had feelers out for months in search of a replacement.  The problem is our team that isn't very good played a very very weak schedule and even then we needed a hail mary to beat Northwestern and if Penn State hadn't missed an extra point they would have beat us by 1 and no OT would have been needed.  So our 8 wins is sort of tarnished.  But still it makes it look back in the coaching world. 

From what I have gathered they did their due diligence and met with boosters (the largest ones) just this past week.  After all of that the decision was made.  That said if you read what the AD said - he did not say anything postiive about Pelini - he said we support all of our coaches, our student athletes and wish them luck in the upcoming bowl game and in the future.  Nothing about how long that is.

Many of us are praying that it isn't a done deal.  I also heard that even though TO isn't the AD he is still tight with the money men and TO doesn't want to admit he made a mistake with Bo.  TO botched the basket ball and baseball coaches and did the same thing - gave them extensions and raises a year before finally firing them. 

What is really disgusting is that about 50% of husker fans rabidly still support the AHole!  It's like Stockholm syndrome.  So not only are we stuck with the idiot but everyone is fighting about it!   This is how bad it is - I get 2 bowl tickets, airline and hotel for the bowl game as we advertise in the stadium... I am seriously considering rejecting the tickets and telling them to donate them to Make A Wish so some poor husker fan that is terminally ill can go instead.

I can't support that man any longer.  He is vile and I believe not stable.  I think he is going to go full scale postal on a ref, fan or booster someday.

Thanks for caring guys.  I'll cheer vicariously for all of your teams!!!!

Cuz - I did see the tail end of your game at the bar... holy crap you almost had them!  Kiwi - holy crap how did Michigan almost beat OSU?  So many bizarre fun games!!!  But oh that Bama/Auburn ending was one for the century!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1849 on: December 01, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »

testing... can't find the hyperlink

Picture of the year? (Getty Images)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1850 on: December 01, 2013, 10:01:15 PM »

trying again
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1851 on: December 01, 2013, 10:02:07 PM »

one last time because this truly is worth seeing.   Monkey Devil!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1852 on: December 01, 2013, 10:03:50 PM »

heck... go to this link and check the photo out for yourself... look at all of that spit!!! OMG

http://bleacherreport.com/bo-pelini

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1853 on: December 01, 2013, 11:13:42 PM »

heck... go to this link and check the photo out for yourself... look at all of that spit!!! OMG

Talkin' about "say it don't spray it!!" 

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1854 on: December 07, 2013, 07:43:36 AM »

Oh Bean, I know how you feel!!! "50% of your fans still support Bo".... I can top that!!! We have fans that still support Bobby Petrino!! Forget that he cheated, lied and hired his mistress into the athletics program... Hell he is a great football coach and won games who cares about all that other stuff!! Absolutely disgusting! Then there are the fans who are mad that our AD didn't hire Gus Malzahn! ( he was hired at Auburn on the same day that Brett Bielema was hired at Ark) there were so many variables involved that prevented Gus from being offered, going back to when he was an assistant coach under Houston Nutt and the whole Mitch Mustain fiasco! I guess what I am getting at.... Our fan base is so fractured I don't know how we will recover!!! It just sucks the whole joy out of being a fan! I HATE it!! I guess the only way out is if Bielema's system starts working and winning increases! Most coaches get at least 3 years before fans start bashing but he only has 1 year and is already hearing it! He would never admit it but I bet he wishes he had stayed st Wisconsin now!

Enough of that.... Looking forward to the games today... Going to get interesting!!
So what does everybody think about the Florida State QB being cleared? Heisman for sure now??
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1855 on: December 07, 2013, 11:31:57 AM »

There are some great games:

Bedlam:
(17) Oklahoma Sooners vs. (6) Oklahoma State Cowboys  ... I am rooting for the 'Boys and think they will take it and vault themselves into a BCS Bowl.

Pac-12 Title game:
(7) Stanford (10-2, 7-2) at (11) Arizona State (10-2, 8-1) ... tricky game to pick, but with it being at ASU, think the Sun Devils will take it.

ACC Title Game at Charlotte, NC:
(1) Florida State vs.  (20)Duke ... If FSU loses just might be one of the greatest college upsets in history and would cause complete chaos with the BCS. That's why I am hoping the Seminoles lose, but I really just don't see that happening.

Big Ten Championship game with conference of 12 teams
(2) Ohio St. vs. (10) Michigan St.   ... My personal feeling is that I hope the Spartans prove Ohio St for the fraud they are. Sorry, but I don't think being undefeated in a weak conference makes you BCS Championship material. Ohio St has played nobody, the teams they have played have about a 45% winning percentage. Any honest fan has to admit that the Big 10 is down.  I am actually going to write about this later on the front page. I also am no fan of Urban Meyer, he left the Gators in chaos and now what we know about Aaron Hernandez, the coach had little to no control over team. Flash forward to present day where Meyer fails to suspend  Marcus Hall after his classless double middle finger act. I guess water seeks its own level doesn't it Urban?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdBDmjHddZU

Sorry, but if Ohio St. is not even the #2 in either SEC division. If they played in the SEC East, they would have finished 3rd behind Missouri and South Carolina. And if Ohio St. played in the SEC West they would be #5 behind Auburn, Alabama, LSU and Texas A&M.  

SEC Championship Game:

(5) Missouri vs. (3) Auburn ... WAR EAGLE!!!

Grab the chips and the beverages and let the games begin.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 11:35:20 AM by Red » Logged
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1856 on: December 08, 2013, 10:03:07 AM »

War eagle, baby, war eagle.

That's all...
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1857 on: December 08, 2013, 10:13:12 AM »

Some great games yesterday.  Red I don't think most in the B1G would have argued with you about OSU being overrated.  In fact most on our boards were relieved because OSU would have spanked to death by FSU.  Their schedule was very weak and the highest ranked team they beat was #23 Wisconsin.  Much better match up FSU vs Auburn.  I have no opinion on the match up as I haven't watched FSU much.  Auburn looks fantastic - key will be FSU's defense and I have no idea how good they are.

I think Stanford vs Michigan State in the Rose Bowl will be epic.  A defensive slugfest. 

Will be interesting to see how the new format works next year. 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1858 on: December 08, 2013, 10:14:17 AM »

War eagle, baby, war eagle.

That's all...

Congrats on the SEC title and making it to the dance.  Pretty cool after last year.  Just goes to show the impact coaching has.  Hope our administration takes note.  Monkey Devil!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1859 on: December 08, 2013, 12:21:37 PM »

Some great games yesterday.  Red I don't think most in the B1G would have argued with you about OSU being overrated.  In fact most on our boards were relieved because OSU would have spanked to death by FSU.  Their schedule was very weak and the highest ranked team they beat was #23 Wisconsin.  Much better match up FSU vs Auburn.  I have no opinion on the match up as I haven't watched FSU much.  Auburn looks fantastic - key will be FSU's defense and I have no idea how good they are.

I think Stanford vs Michigan State in the Rose Bowl will be epic.  A defensive slugfest.  

Will be interesting to see how the new format works next year.  

Frijole, I agree with your Rose Bowl prognostication. I think it will be like watching ESPN Classic from the 70's, early 80's where teams still played defense. Might be the best 20-17 game ever!

It is obvious that OSU was over-rated, yet that did not stop the pollsters from making them #2. I can only wonder what would have happened with the BCS polls had OSU won by 1 point after being dominated for pretty much most of the game. I just will never understand why any team is rewarded for playing a weak schedule in a conference that was down and think that just because they were undefeated, that made them #2.

I actually question the teams that Florida St. has played, the only difference is that they won by an average of 42 points a game. I mean seriously, what kind of a schedule could a team really have played by winning by that margin? And being a 28 point favorite in your conference championship game.

I wonder how FLA St will play when they face adversity?

There seem to be some interesting projected BCS Bowl matchups:
Date Bowl Matchup Projection  

Mon., Jan. 6 BCS title game BCS No. 1 vs. BCS No. 2 Florida State vs. Auburn (Think they might be setting scoring records in this one)

Wed., Jan. 1 Rose BCS vs. BCS Michigan State vs. Stanford (As Frijole said, EPIC!)

Wed., Jan. 1 Fiesta BCS vs. BCS Baylor vs. Central Florida (Hmm, hard one to call, one would like a Baylor blow out, but we have seen games like this go the way of the underdog in the Fiesta, can you say Boise St?) 

Thu., Jan. 2 Sugar BCS vs. BCS Alabama vs. Oklahoma (Wow, talk about two historic programs meeting in a Bowl. Just wonder whether Bama will have their head in it)

Fri., Jan. 3 Orange BCS vs. BCS Clemson vs. Ohio State (I sure hope OH St fixes their pass defense because if they thought Spartans had a passing attack, wait until they see Taj Boyd, Sammie Watkins & Martavis Bryant)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 12:25:27 PM by Red » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.