March 18, 2024, 11:24:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048491 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: September 13, 2010, 02:54:24 PM »

BOC - Great to see you posting!
Kiffen was a terrible fit for the SEC. He has neither the smarts nor the personality for a storied program like TN. It was a blessing in disguise when he ran off, and now Dooley Jr. will bring the Vols back.

I am first an Auburn fan, but I support all SEC teams when they are not playing AU. I also support my monkey friends and their teams. 

For all you monkeys who watched the Auburn - MSU game...you may remember the big Auburn defensive guy # 90 Nick Fairley. It looks like he got SEC Defensive player of the week. Last week Cam Newton our QB1 got the offensive player of the week, so we seem to be putting things together on both sides of the ball a little better than last year!

beans....Somebody should put together a book with Bo's quotes. He's the Yogi Berra of college football.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #281 on: September 13, 2010, 03:16:11 PM »

I love Bo's quotes too Bean, I texted that one to son a few minutes ago.

I think PDH and Bean should be really excited to see Mandel's piece in SI but I called it first right here, it is the year of the QB 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/09/12/new-quarterback-generation/index.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

cuz, he doesn't give Mallet any love but judging from his comments on Arkansas, I think he must have a personal issue with the program...........or the coaches. 

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: September 13, 2010, 05:52:09 PM »

The interesting thing is that everyone says that Bo is not really a meanie... he is emotional.  He's like the guy you know that you think is a mean SOB but really a pussy cat at heart.  Fans and media don't get to see that.  Players love him to death for it. 

Saw that article on the QBs earlier.  Pretty cool... especially given how awful the Offenses were at Auburn, Michigan and NU last year.  Main thing is can they play with the big boys.  I am excited but will contain myself until we make it thru the next few hurdles... but our little guy can scamper.  His average carry is like 15 or more yards.  He doesn't have alot of carries or reps yet though because he keeps scoring on long runs and our D scores.  So we need more reps for him! 
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #283 on: September 13, 2010, 06:13:40 PM »

BOC - good to have you back and thanks for your opinion on Lame.  In hindsight UT is lucky he left so fast... the turnaround will be faster.  We let Clownahan destroy our foundation and oh the string of records that were lost.  I am sure he will never return to our state.  Too dangerous Monkey Devil!

Kiffin and Oregeron were great recruiters, but I think we would have been major trouble with NCAA is a short period.  We can still be in trouble for some of his  dealings.He did have a beautiful wife in Layla. As None said Dooley's are a class act and now we need to see if he can coach and recruit with big boys!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: September 13, 2010, 07:10:57 PM »

Thanks for link none!.
Cam Newton is some kind of athlete. Florida's loss is our gain....and we are very happy to have Cam.

I also agree with his assessment of Marcus Lattimore at South Carolina. He's one fast and agile beast. I fear the Gamecocks this year.

beans - I never thought Bo was a meanie. He's just a man of few words, and few pretensions, but he seems intense. There's nothing wrong with that. His LSU players loved him, and he's a great teacher of young men.

College Game Day on ESPN is at Auburn this week. We play the always hot and cold team from Clemson. Who knows which team will show up for them, but Auburn needs to bring it all and win the game.

One more thing nonesy....
Please ask Nascar to once again help me defeat the bad ESPN football juju. If they're hangin' out in Auburn all day...it will take some powerful Nascar Winner Mojo headed down to the Jordan-Hare Stadium.

That's all I'm gonna say about it.....just in case. silent

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: September 13, 2010, 07:13:29 PM »

It's not the Mormon Tabernacle Choir...but hey...they're having fun. "Lean On Me" is the team song this year....sort of their theme for the 2010 season.

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/allaccess/?media=194595

WDE!!!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #286 on: September 13, 2010, 08:11:05 PM »

So bean you watch our game. The offense still has room to grow, since Robinson is still only a Sophomore. I wouldn't mind seeing Forcie play at least half of next weeks game just in case Robinson gets banged up during the season. Some day our defense will stop sending 3 on the prevent. It seems like if you give someone 10 seconds to find a receiver they will.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: September 13, 2010, 09:16:19 PM »

So bean you watch our game. The offense still has room to grow, since Robinson is still only a Sophomore. I wouldn't mind seeing Forcie play at least half of next weeks game just in case Robinson gets banged up during the season. Some day our defense will stop sending 3 on the prevent. It seems like if you give someone 10 seconds to find a receiver they will.

Yep.  My concern for Robinson is that if he keeps being accountable for 98% of the offense he will end up hurt and that will hurt the team.  I don't know enough about the other players but I sure hope they can contribute and give this lad a break!  He is phenomenal.  He deserves a supporting cast! Should be exciting to see him play a few more years.. and yes - backup QB's should always be thrown in the mix so that they have game day experience as well.  I'll be cheering this young man on.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #288 on: September 14, 2010, 08:31:18 PM »

Yep.  My concern for Robinson is that if he keeps being accountable for 98% of the offense he will end up hurt and that will hurt the team.  I don't know enough about the other players but I sure hope they can contribute and give this lad a break!  He is phenomenal.  He deserves a supporting cast! Should be exciting to see him play a few more years.. and yes - backup QB's should always be thrown in the mix so that they have game day experience as well.  I'll be cheering this young man on.
Robinson seems very supportive on the sidelines this year and last, even it he wasn't playing. It was good to see RR corrected Forcier on the sidelines. First game he was alone on the bench trying to hide from cameras. At the ND game RR had him next him with a headset on and involved in the game. Good to see he realizes there both 19 or 18 yr old sophomores. The media can definitely get in your face at a game.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #289 on: September 14, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »

KTF - are you OK?  Really was hoping to see some of those great articles you post.  I am starting to worry.  I hope that you and yours are OK.  Thinking of you.

So Reggie Bush gave up the Heisman today.   Never said he's sorry yet to USC.  What a shame.  I bet he'll miss that trophy.  Not.  Consequences are hurting other young men and a university that gave him a free education and the spring board to the fame he now enjoys.  Shame on you Reggie.  Shame.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #290 on: September 14, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »

KTF - are you OK?  Really was hoping to see some of those great articles you post.  I am starting to worry.  I hope that you and yours are OK.  Thinking of you.

So Reggie Bush gave up the Heisman today.   Never said he's sorry yet to USC.  What a shame.  I bet he'll miss that trophy.  Not.  Consequences are hurting other young men and a university that gave him a free education and the spring board to the fame he now enjoys.  Shame on you Reggie.  Shame.
I think KTF is still reeling from the first game @BYU!.     He showed up briefly, right after that. Come on back, KTF!!! 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2010, 11:43:45 PM »

PDH - mission accomplished, NASCAR is casting strong winning mojo toward the Tigers, I spoke with him a few minutes ago. He also said his life would be far better if only those he is coaching realized that SEC football is a religion in the south 

Bean I didn't see that about Bush returning the heismann until I saw your post, then ran to read the news on it. Yep, he's not too sorry and neither is Carroll. Just rape the program and move on, right?

I saw this tonight and I have such concerns, son has headaches even now and I have worried all of those hits and tackles might be the origin for this. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5569329  I also saw a news clip of several NFL players that post hard hits this fall in games, were stumbling and unable to stand up readily or when they did, they wobbled and fell to the ground - both were put back into the game within a quarter and both were diagnosed post the game with concussions. This has to stop.......

Saw this tonight too, I don't think it's reactionary unlike the FL player's attorney post what happened with the rugby player killing his former girlfriend at UVA. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5570905

So..........who's truly worried about their game this weekend? (PDH we know lol)........so we can start sending win mojo your way.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2010, 11:46:27 PM »

Robinson seems very supportive on the sidelines this year and last, even it he wasn't playing. It was good to see RR corrected Forcier on the sidelines. First game he was alone on the bench trying to hide from cameras. At the ND game RR had him next him with a headset on and involved in the game. Good to see he realizes there both 19 or 18 yr old sophomores. The media can definitely get in your face at a game.

I need to check your QB situation out, have to admit I've not had time to do much this week besides work.

The media gets in their face everyday when they leave practice, follow them to their cars like papparazzi and yes, at games they are in their face too. It's a lot for a young player to handle or even a more senior one.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #293 on: September 14, 2010, 11:48:28 PM »

PDH - mission accomplished, NASCAR is casting strong winning mojo toward the Tigers, I spoke with him a few minutes ago. He also said his life would be far better if only those he is coaching realized that SEC football is a religion in the south 

Bean I didn't see that about Bush returning the heismann until I saw your post, then ran to read the news on it. Yep, he's not too sorry and neither is Carroll. Just rape the program and move on, right?

I saw this tonight and I have such concerns, son has headaches even now and I have worried all of those hits and tackles might be the origin for this. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5569329  I also saw a news clip of several NFL players that post hard hits this fall in games, were stumbling and unable to stand up readily or when they did, they wobbled and fell to the ground - both were put back into the game within a quarter and both were diagnosed post the game with concussions. This has to stop.......

Saw this tonight too, I don't think it's reactionary unlike the FL player's attorney post what happened with the rugby player killing his former girlfriend at UVA. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5570905

So..........who's truly worried about their game this weekend? (PDH we know lol)........so we can start sending win mojo your way.
ME!! I think our offense is fine .... our Defense is VERY young (a few true fresmen playing). We play Tulsa -- they have a very good passing offense!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2010, 02:47:39 AM »

He should apologize to Vince Young as well....but he never will. He and Pete Carroll really are a disgrace.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: September 15, 2010, 02:58:48 AM »

nonesy - Tell Nascar he's my good football mojo hero!!!   

I hope all the new medical information can somehow lead to better equipment and a way to reduce all these concussions. I do worry about all these kids playing ball. And I hate to see the heading in soccer too. Changes need to be made.

KTF! We miss you! Hope all is well with you and your family.

WDE!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2010, 07:24:28 AM »

Who's worried?!  Me!  I'm scared chitless every game no matter what.  This week moreso.  We play at Washington against Jake Locker.  Not so worried about the D - we have a redshirt freshman QB who rocked but against two easy teams.  This will be interesting.  He's young and will make mistakes.  Just hope he continues with his 50 yd scampers this week.

Washington is a very loud stadium - loudest in country I read.  Good news is that we expect 20000 Husker fans to be there - for real.  I was at the last game in 97 - a beautiful place.

I'll take a mojo too! lol
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2010, 08:38:02 AM »

ME!! I think our offense is fine .... our Defense is VERY young (a few true fresmen playing). We play Tulsa -- they have a very good passing offense!

Yes Tulsa does have a strong offense but next to no defensive skill - I watched their season opener. If you can pressure their QB you should be okay and sending good mojo your way! 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2010, 08:40:04 AM »

He should apologize to Vince Young as well....but he never will. He and Pete Carroll really are a disgrace.

You'll appreciate this article and also note, it appeared in a New Orleans media outlet which is not a good sign for Reggie for I don't think he's gonna be feeling too much love from the fans there now........

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/09/finney_young_deserved_the_heis.html

Let's all wish Young great things with the Titans and send him major mojo for living well is the best revenge........

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2010, 08:46:07 AM »

Who's worried?!  Me!  I'm scared chitless every game no matter what.  This week moreso.  We play at Washington against Jake Locker.  Not so worried about the D - we have a redshirt freshman QB who rocked but against two easy teams.  This will be interesting.  He's young and will make mistakes.  Just hope he continues with his 50 yd scampers this week.

Washington is a very loud stadium - loudest in country I read.  Good news is that we expect 20000 Husker fans to be there - for real.  I was at the last game in 97 - a beautiful place.

I'll take a mojo too! lol

Every game is a challenging benchmark for a young and talented QB. 20000 fans projected? That's awesome ! Sending good mojo for the Huskers 

KTF - come back to the locker room please ! We need balanced coverage !

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.