March 19, 2024, 04:01:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048551 times)
spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: September 25, 2010, 01:26:12 PM »

WEll I thought I'd try popping in today but all the irrational Saban bashing is just kinda old at this point so I guess I'll go talk football somewhere else. But I did want to tell everyone to have a great Saturday and I hope all your teams win (except Arkansas of course). I'm watching UAB VS Tenn right now. Just so happy football is back. Enjoy it everyone, it goes by so fast.
Much love to y'all! Roll Tide Roll 

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #401 on: September 25, 2010, 01:59:04 PM »

Hey were at the half now 28-14 Michigan ahead. Robinson only played the first quarter before being injured. 128 yds rushing one quarter. A freshman came in with an int, counting for one of the Bowling Green scores. Some good news Forcie was brought in for the last series and moved the team very well for the last score before the half. Not as fast as Robinson, but very nice to watch. Doesn't appear to be bad injury to Robinson at this point. 450 yds total yds first half. Someone might want to go get the Defense I think they over slept.
Pdh its OK to brake a TV or two this season, We have plenty of back up in the Dawg House.
Bama does look good this year. But I'm backing Mallet since he's from Michigan's lost QB's, the other is Treat for ASU.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #402 on: September 25, 2010, 02:03:47 PM »

Snoopy I'll ask you to leave my son out of your snarky posts in the future please.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #403 on: September 25, 2010, 02:06:32 PM »

Hey were at the half now 28-14 Michigan ahead. Robinson only played the first quarter before being injured. 128 yds rushing one quarter. A freshman came in with an int, counting for one of the Bowling Green scores. Some good news Forcie was brought in for the last series and moved the team very well for the last score before the half. Not as fast as Robinson, but very nice to watch. Doesn't appear to be bad injury to Robinson at this point. 450 yds total yds first half. Someone might want to go get the Defense I think they over slept.
Pdh its OK to brake a TV or two this season, We have plenty of back up in the Dawg House.
Bama does look good this year. But I'm backing Mallet since he's from Michigan's lost QB's, the other is Treat for ASU.

I can't get the broadcast here kiwi but I was just about to post that your team is looking good and even Papa Holtz was concerned about Robinson  I so hope he's going to be okay.

I think sleeping defenses is a hallmark of this season, it ain't just your team.

for the SM teams

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: September 25, 2010, 03:23:56 PM »

lol you do realise that Auburn has been doing the same thing for years up until this year? If the NCAA starts "looking into this" then they will have to look at everyone in the top 25 because they are all doing it. Now I'm not defending it. There was a really sad story about a kid that enrolled early to LSU, moved into his dorm and everything and then Miles did this to him! There are some kids out there that get shafted big time and it's not right.

Actually...no. Auburn has not been abusing the medical rule. They have not been ruthless about it.
Aairon Savage was injured for over TWO years and didn't lose his football scholarship. It was never a guarantee that he'd come back healthy, but he did not lose his scholarship even though his absence left a hole in the defense. He's actually a starter this year even though he's working on a graduate degree. Same thing with Shon Coleman who is battling cancer. His football scholarship is still being saved for him so that he can play if his health allows it. Auburn is doing the right thing by keeping their promise to him. If he is never able to play football again, he will still attend Auburn, but they aren't kicking him off the team. It may take him 3 years to ever play a down if he does come back to play, but Auburn is waiting for him. The coaches have been nothing but supportive of these kids.

The Wall Street Journal  is one of the most respected newspapers in the entire world. They don't just throw these kinds of articles out there for fun. There is substance to what they print.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: September 25, 2010, 03:32:56 PM »

WEll I thought I'd try popping in today but all the irrational Saban bashing is just kinda old at this point so I guess I'll go talk football somewhere else. But I did want to tell everyone to have a great Saturday and I hope all your teams win (except Arkansas of course). I'm watching UAB VS Tenn right now. Just so happy football is back. Enjoy it everyone, it goes by so fast.

It's not irrational. He's unethical, and that's a subject for examination and discussion because his actions have been brought up in the national media. That's on him and Bama.

We have also talked a fair amount about other coaches such as Pete Carroll, Rich Rod, Mike Leach and Lane Kiffen. No one is singling out Lil' Nicky.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: September 25, 2010, 03:34:56 PM »

Spooky you can't take this stuff personal.  Everyone picks on the top team.  Mostly it was USC for the last 3 yrs but last year Bama earned the top slot, USC went down and there you go.  And its hardly bashing - frankly the team is fantastic and Saban can obviously coach.  If you stopped by and chatted ball with us on a regular basis I am sure we would have lots of meaningful, complimentary and fun conversations.  Your choice -
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #407 on: September 25, 2010, 03:39:11 PM »

Kiwi.. glad your QB is going to be OK... I was watching and saw it.  Time for the RBs to step up and help that kid out!  Serious.  Our game isn't til 6.. I should be cleaning.. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: September 25, 2010, 05:29:51 PM »

ESPN is giving Robinson lots of love 

Boy did UAB give the Vols a run for their money? The Blazers might have a chance at winning their conf championship if they keep this up.

I'm pretty shocked BC didn't even get on the scoreboard with VTech but once again, one should never underestimate Beamer.

PDH I agree Auburn hasn't been cherry picking by over-signing in recent years and then using medicals as a way to pare back the roster to be compliant.

Cuz, wow - you have gotten the leap out on Bama and if you watched Saban's interview pre-game on ESPN, he even mentioned the importance of managing turnovers. But of course, he ended by slamming Mallet  I yelled "grow up" at my TV 

I do still have momma love for McElroy and I thought he did a great job last year too, for didn't they win the NC? 

oh 3rd Q starting..........gotta go watch 

Bean, sending great and good mojo for your team !

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #409 on: September 25, 2010, 05:46:12 PM »

GOOD GRACIOUS Mallet is so GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!

shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #410 on: September 25, 2010, 07:23:57 PM »

Today's home game is the first time that ESPN College Game has ever filmed here. That combined with the fact we haven't lost a home game in 9 seasons AND we are playing Oregon State, it's exceptionally crazy here. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #411 on: September 25, 2010, 07:41:14 PM »

cuz it was a most respectable performance by your team, son actually called me during the last minute of the game and he agreed. This will be a very good season for Arkansas.

Hi Shy-Monkey, so you're a Boise fan? It's a really big season for you, good to have you on the board with us - welcome !!! 

Looks like MSU has the early jump on UGA........

Bean, wish I could get your game but I'll be watching via ESPN's play by play feature. Go Huskers 

PDH, minutes to kick-off and I'll be watching with you  War Eagle 

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: September 25, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »

Good games today....  We squeaked by...watching tonigts game with IPad on my lap
Certainly is a wild crowd....

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: September 25, 2010, 11:02:32 PM »

GO your team obviously played great... what was the final score like 70-0?  WTG! 

We stank it up big time.  We got the W but Bo will make life hell for that team... they looked awful - flat - all phases of the game.  We watched in shock.  They had better get it together.  Luckily looks like alot of other teams sucked today too and some lost... like TX losing to UCLA?  Man.... even their D wasn't playing up to their ability.  They have no O. 

PDH your game is on now and what a thriller.  Fingers crossed.

Cuz keep the head high because you were in it the entire time. 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #414 on: September 26, 2010, 01:35:41 AM »

GOOD GRACIOUS Mallet is so GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!

He is good. Hated to see him throw the picks....he's better than that. He just wanted the win so much.

cuz - Great effort from the Razorbacks! So sorry about the heartbreaking loss.

Congrats to Bama for the win!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #415 on: September 26, 2010, 01:38:56 AM »

Today's home game is the first time that ESPN College Game has ever filmed here. That combined with the fact we haven't lost a home game in 9 seasons AND we are playing Oregon State, it's exceptionally crazy here. 

Welcome to the football thread shy monkey!!!!

It's great to have a Boise State fan posting here! Please stick around and post often! I love your QB1!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #416 on: September 26, 2010, 01:50:44 AM »

GO your team obviously played great... what was the final score like 70-0?  WTG! 

We stank it up big time.  We got the W but Bo will make life hell for that team... they looked awful - flat - all phases of the game.  We watched in shock.  They had better get it together.  Luckily looks like alot of other teams sucked today too and some lost... like TX losing to UCLA?  Man.... even their D wasn't playing up to their ability.  They have no O. 

It was a thriller alright!

I think I need to throw back a few gallons of Jack Black just to counter the adrenalin. I'm on overload! 
And I may need to dye my hair. I feel like I possibly went completely gray before halftime...but I'm scared to look.

This is not the team for the meek and mild...but it's still GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!! 

Kiwi...Thanks for the smelling salts.....
WAR EAGLE!!!!::MonkeyCheer4::

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: September 26, 2010, 08:50:04 AM »

G O  C A N E S     lol

Hi nonesy! We still share that mindset .I could tell by the look on his face that he was going to chew them for getting so far behind -- rather than congratulate them for pulling it out. 

Great games everyone! Huge prayers for a fantastic and safe season for all players.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #418 on: September 26, 2010, 09:28:56 AM »

Good games today....  We squeaked by...watching tonigts game with IPad on my lap
Certainly is a wild crowd....

Hi GO, I'm so glad for you, remember just a few years back? It's got to be exciting to see your team doing so very well this season!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: September 26, 2010, 09:31:04 AM »

It was a thriller alright!

I think I need to throw back a few gallons of Jack Black just to counter the adrenalin. I'm on overload! 
And I may need to dye my hair. I feel like I possibly went completely gray before halftime...but I'm scared to look.

This is not the team for the meek and mild...but it's still GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!! 

Kiwi...Thanks for the smelling salts.....
WAR EAGLE!!!!::MonkeyCheer4::

I'm not sure how many more of your games my heart can take either 

The fans went wild though, I miss that, being in the stands when the roar is so loud that the players however tired seem to get new spring in their step!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.