March 18, 2024, 08:58:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048462 times)
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #580 on: October 12, 2010, 12:01:31 PM »

Appreciate the concern Wreck,Frijole,and others.Just got out of the UW medical center after a lengthy surgery after the Nebraska game.They had to do a 12 hour surgery just to remove all the corn from my backend!Thanks Frijole! Nebraska is one hell of a good football team. As you all know,we Huskies are a bit Schizophrenic.Agghhhhhhhhhhhhh!Been some great games happening throughout the country.
  Great to have you back!!!!
Thanks Wreck.Here's some more BAD news for the UCLA Bruins.I hate repeating myself,but what is going on with these kids?

UCLA football team is expected to suspend at least three starters
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-1012-ucla-football-20101012,0,496583.story

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #581 on: October 12, 2010, 01:58:34 PM »

= Razorback?????    = corn????   Monkey Devil!
Just gotta use your imagination Wreck.  an angelic monkey

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: October 12, 2010, 07:17:11 PM »

= Razorback?????    = corn????   Monkey Devil!
Just gotta use your imagination Wreck.  an angelic monkey

A little poetic license.......

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #583 on: October 12, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »

Appreciate the concern Wreck,Frijole,and others.Just got out of the UW medical center after a lengthy surgery after the Nebraska game.They had to do a 12 hour surgery just to remove all the corn from my backend!Thanks Frijole! Nebraska is one hell of a good football team. As you all know,we Huskies are a bit Schizophrenic.Agghhhhhhhhhhhhh!Been some great games happening throughout the country.
  Great to have you back!!!!
Thanks Wreck.Here's some more BAD news for the UCLA Bruins.I hate repeating myself,but what is going on with these kids?

UCLA football team is expected to suspend at least three starters
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-1012-ucla-football-20101012,0,496583.story

I don't know what's wrong with these kids. I'm sure a lot of it starts in their homes when they are very young. Poverty and broken homes, lack of discipline from parents, parents setting bad examples.. Then as they get older and display athletic talent, people let them get away with things. Coaches focus on building playing skills instead of building a child's character right along with his playing ability. Parents are sometimes worse than some of the coaches when it comes to pushing their kids' physical abilities over worrying about how they develop in their souls. When my son played in Pop Warner, there were actually parent coaches from other teams spying on our practices and filming our games. There were coaches who lied and allowed older kids to play even though it was against the rules. These children were 10 years old, and they saw all that. Terrible role models.
There's also a trend to recruit on sheer athletic ability without considering the character of the kids. That's due to the pressure put on coaches to win at all costs. The media and the fans share some of the that guilt. Coaches like Pete Carroll, and players like Reggie Bush cheat for years, and there are absolutely no consequences for that behavior. They both made millions by not following the rules, and don't think kids aren't watching. The same goes for Michael Vick. He should never have been allowed back in the NFL. MV is a perfect example of what's wrong with sports. He got away with a lot in college because he was so talented. But he has no character.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #584 on: October 12, 2010, 09:06:44 PM »

Wow...just wow. This is a very ugly story.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/magazine/10/12/agent/index.html?eref=sihp

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: October 12, 2010, 10:35:11 PM »

Scroll through these, some cute football emoticons and other sports:

http://www.emoticonsonly.com/tags/3/sports.html
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #586 on: October 12, 2010, 10:38:16 PM »

Hi all and yes I still have some hair left. Michigan was inside the 20 twice with 2 ints, and one long open but short int. Bean we have all agreed the defense being ranked near the bottom of the 120 teams will ultimately fail. The defensive coach's last name is Robinson, he was the       head coach for Syracuse. Still the kids are playing hard.
New monkeys Kiwi's Dawg House is always open for your games. Everyone has their own big screen TV with your game of course playing, plus a couch with your team colors. Its already there now. Win or lose were here and root for everyones teams.
Just a side I'm watching the start of the miners rescue. World wide prayers happening now.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: October 12, 2010, 10:55:12 PM »

I was just going to ask if anyone was watching the miners.  This is amazing.  Thank GOD.  What a journey they have had. 
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #588 on: October 12, 2010, 11:38:12 PM »

I was just going to ask if anyone was watching the miners.  This is amazing.  Thank GOD.  What a journey they have had. 

Watching as well.... an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #589 on: October 12, 2010, 11:54:54 PM »

Agreed regarding the miners, God bless each of them and their families and loved ones. I found it remarkable to hear there was no jostling for position as to who would come up first, but disagreement regarding who would go last. Their leader had done an outstanding job and he's insisting on coming up last. Just brings tears to my eyes.........such character.

Bean, I had a long talk with son today which is rare for he is so busy. He said Bo's exciting to watch and how much respect he has for what he's accomplished. He also talked a good bit about Bama's loss and PDH take note - he's betting on the War Eagles to go all the way. He also talked about the lack of defense on certain teams and specifically mentioned the strategy to focus everything on offense and scoring - to the degree that certain HC's don't care if they have no defense with the exception of skill in interceptions, and just want the other team to score quickly so that they can put up another TD on the board themselves? I don't understand it, defense wins championships...........it's also a certainty that those teams will not be able to recruit strong defensive players. He also talked about their last game, both of their QB's were injured and unable to play. I can't imagine what it feels like to arrive at a game knowing you are missing your offensive leader?? Son actually called me just as they were walking into the stadium but it was a butt ring, he wasn't there when I answered. We both laughed and he said he guesses it was fear factor calling his momma subliminally?  Anyway, there is a good story here for one of his wr's is smaller than the average but very talented. He had played QB in high school but was recruited as a wr for college and he's done very well, he's fast as lightning and shifty. Well he was the QB and not only did they win, they won by 52 and the other team never scored. Even more meaningful is that this kid grew up in a home without even running water, he's quiet and respectful and I think pure joy for my son. I told son he's lucky to have him and to be part of his life and to do right by this boy always.

PDH I agree with much of what you posted about players, son says simply that they either want success or they do not, and that it's nearly impossible to change a bad attitude. Some of these players also attend high schools (yes public 5A ones) that don't even require they attend classes all week - it just blows my mind.

PDH - black Santa won't need to worry about coaching anymore after that article by Lutz in SI, he can call it a day for sure. IF he does coach again, then we'll know what the true state of college football is. I don't care if he's a Svengali at recruiting, now we know why and he's teaching his recruits all the wrong things.

Kiwi - thank you again for our dawg house and for all the fine hospitality !!

Klaas - I love the emoticons, I want that foam finger, can we load it here? 

I continue to stand with the girl.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #590 on: October 12, 2010, 11:57:33 PM »

Good Evening None.Character is an understatement! an angelic monkey

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #591 on: October 13, 2010, 05:05:55 AM »

I don't even know that kid that Nascar is coaching....and I'm proud of him. I'm glad he had a big day as the QB! Knowing Nascar has been a blessing I'm sure.

The miner rescue is such a hope-filled story. I'm praying that all of them get out alive and well, and also the brave men who went down to help with the rescue out of the mine.

I guess Nascar will have to spread his good mojo around this week.

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #592 on: October 13, 2010, 01:36:11 PM »

i am alive....i typed out a big long entry sunday but it didn't post! ( i am at the library and u only get 1 hour) so let's try a small one this time!
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #593 on: October 13, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »

aha...worked...got 12 minutes left...so i will type fast!
KTF....glad u are back...missed u!
pd....understood...looking forward to the game...you guys are playing awesome!
bean....i have been so proud of your huskers...i know you are on cloud 9!
GO...good to see you!
Klaas...did not know you were a duck fan...glad you joined the frijole club....have you visited kiwi's dog house yet...lol!!!
wreck...i was hoping your cowboy's would have beat up on a&m more....they were better than i thought! thank goodness for our defense since our offense has disappeared in the second half the last 2 games.
none....thanks for the nascar stories...luv him!
sharon...no shame...we all have been there!
college ball is so much fun!
and last...the chilean miners story has been so emotional...good to have happy news stories for a change! there was a crazy one on the view this morning.....1 of the miners apparently has a wife and a mistress and he asked both of them to be there when he was freed....problem is...the wife did not know about the mistresss...duh...what was that guy thinking? lol
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: October 13, 2010, 07:11:48 PM »

NOTICE:  THE SITE WILL BE DOWN TONIGHT FOR SERVER MAINTENANCE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR OR SO. DOWNTIME WILL BE...

6PM - 7PM PST
8PM - 9PM CENTRAL
9PM - 10PM ET
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: October 14, 2010, 09:11:53 PM »

Anyone home?  Testing 1,2,3
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: October 14, 2010, 10:04:54 PM »

I'm here!!! 

War Eagle!!

Praying for an injury free weekend for everyone's teams!

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #597 on: October 14, 2010, 10:12:40 PM »

Thought ya'll would love listening to U$C whine about the N/S split in the Pac12.

USC wants Cal, Stanford on schedule

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5686274

The new divisions for the Pac-10 are not set, but USC athletic director Pat Haden gave a hint as to what they will be at a booster club meeting in San Gabriel, Calif., on Wednesday night.

And, he is not overjoyed with the split.

Pac-10 blog
 ESPN.com's Ted Miller writes about all things Pac-10 in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

"We're going for the money, sadly; that's what it is," Haden said. "We need a conference title game."

Athletic directors voted 7-5 on the alignment -- Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, UCLA, USC and Utah in one division and Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Washington and Washington State -- in the other, Haden said. The presidents of the schools will vote on it later this month.

"I told [the rest of the athletic directors] my alumni will kill me if we don’t play the Northern California schools," Haden said.

"I proposed a 5-2-2 model that has us playing the five schools [in our division] every year and then have the Northern California schools as part of our regular two and then rotate the other two. We need to play Stanford and Cal."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #598 on: October 14, 2010, 10:19:48 PM »

I'm on Dish Network --- No FOXSPORTS during carriage dispute!!  I'm getting the KU -KState on some funky comcast sports nework out of New England!! (no HD) 

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #599 on: October 14, 2010, 10:27:15 PM »

I'm on Dish Network --- No FOXSPORTS during carriage dispute!!  I'm getting the KU -KState on some funky comcast sports nework out of New England!! (no HD) 

Fox SUCKS!Their productions of games,and their TV announers for Pac12 are atrocious.Me thinks a KTF/Wreck duo in the booth would spice stuff up.Yes Wreck,you'll get an embroidered chair with your name on it!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.