March 18, 2024, 10:19:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048475 times)
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #700 on: October 23, 2010, 11:44:26 PM »

One last post tonight. Congrads Klass for the big O Ducks the new Number One!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: October 24, 2010, 12:11:46 AM »

Great.  We get to play Missouri next week.  I knew OU had some weaknesses but was hoping they'd beat MO
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #702 on: October 24, 2010, 01:26:55 AM »

Great Owl!! Great to see you!! I love your winter outfit; you look beautiful.

pdh3, I told my husband about Auburn not having a week off yet, either; he clarified for me that the scheduling problem for Bama has been, not so much that they've not been off, but that all those teams chose their week off prior to playing Bama.  That's the rule change for next time so that that kind of thing won't happen again.  Anyway, congratulations! And, War Cam Eagle.
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #703 on: October 24, 2010, 01:27:53 AM »

Oh, and Nonesuche, I've baited you a bit in the Natalee thread, but can you give me the satisfaction of showing up?? I guess not. LOL
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #704 on: October 24, 2010, 03:58:07 AM »

O'Lord..Ya'll should be proud of your teams today.Just feel blessed that you don't have to continue to be stuck,pissed,in pissed off land like us Huskies!We can't tackle a wet paper bag.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #705 on: October 24, 2010, 04:22:15 AM »

pdh3, I told my husband about Auburn not having a week off yet, either; he clarified for me that the scheduling problem for Bama has been, not so much that they've not been off, but that all those teams chose their week off prior to playing Bama.  That's the rule change for next time so that that kind of thing won't happen again.  Anyway, congratulations! And, War Cam Eagle.

I'm going to clarify that rule doa, and get back to you.
Auburn has 11 games before they get a break, but we do have a bye the week before the Iron Bowl. However....Auburn has just about always taken a break that week before they play Bama. It's nothing new.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #706 on: October 24, 2010, 04:30:14 AM »

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!
IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!!!! GO CAMZILLA! The Dawg House was rockin!

Sorry....the Xanax wore off....

Congrats to beans, GO and everyone else who won today!

Congrats to ISU and Paul Rhodes!

KTF....we've all suffered through those kinds of seasons. It's tough.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #707 on: October 24, 2010, 04:32:24 AM »

wreck...tough loss, but your team has nothing to be ashamed of. I saw a few highlights, and OK ST is still a very good team. Things are very topsy turvy in the Big 12 this year.

Thanks to Mizzou for helping Auburn out!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #708 on: October 24, 2010, 04:37:22 AM »

Here's the rule from a sports forum...

Yes, the Alabama program made a push for it....I believe the rule is 'No more than 3 bye weeks against one team'....For example, take Auburn's schedule next year....no more than 3 teams can have a bye week against Auburn in 1 season.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #709 on: October 24, 2010, 01:17:03 PM »

Yes, the Alabama program made a push for it....I believe the rule is 'No more than 3 bye weeks against one team'....For example, take Auburn's schedule next year....no more than 3 teams can have a bye week against Auburn in 1 season.

I'm not getting it.......... is this a proposed SEC new rule or a NCAA one?? Who would enforce it? Schedules are set years in advance.

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #710 on: October 24, 2010, 02:36:27 PM »

"Allright all you Razorback Fans, Lets Stand Up and Call Those Hogs!"

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
"PIG!"
"SOOIE!"
"RAZORBACKS!"

THANKS KTF.....that hog call must have worked!!! took over 5 hours and 2 lightening delays but the hogs pulled out another win! mallett has a slight shoulder injury and our 2 best receivers have ankle sprains....ugh! vanderbilt next week in fayetteville!

loved all the games yesterday!
glad to see wreck and bean are still friends...lol!!!!
pd.....auburn looked awesome...sky is the limit!
3 #1's down in a row.....klaas....hope oregon can hold on to the spot since they go to usc next saturday!
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #711 on: October 24, 2010, 02:38:25 PM »

luv it kiwi!!!

oh yeah.....wreck...cliff lee is an arkansas boy! from benton, ark.....making us proud!!!
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #712 on: October 24, 2010, 02:44:37 PM »

just realized i never got a chance to post after the auburn/ark game!!!!
cam newton was amazing against us and lsu!!! i am on board for heisman!!! seems really nice too....loved how after the lsu game he ran to the sidelines and got the fans to cheering!!!

oh btw pd.....did you know that a group of eye doctors in fayetteville were offering free eye exams to the sec crew of the game?lol.......2 really bad calls....screwed again by officials...last year it was the florida game.....not that i think we would have won even if the calls were reversed but just saying we seem to get the shaft a lot. i heard the sec conf was still reviewing those plays. espn seems to think they should have been reversed as well. oh well....water under the bridge! if we can't get to a bcs game now i sure want auburn to!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: October 24, 2010, 03:00:07 PM »

luv it kiwi!!!

oh yeah.....wreck...cliff lee is an arkansas boy! from benton, ark.....making us proud!!!
I knew that!! We are hoping that Texas' proximity to Arkansas will help us pursuade him to re-sign with the Rangers!! 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #714 on: October 24, 2010, 07:42:28 PM »

I'm not getting it.......... is this a proposed SEC new rule or a NCAA one?? Who would enforce it? Schedules are set years in advance.

It's an SEC rule. And yes...schedules are set years in advance. It was not anything to do with Saban personally when teams set their schdules 5 years ago. I like Bama, but I do not like Saban because of stuff like that. Bye weeks are nothing new. When Saban was at LSU....there were bye weeks. It just happened to fall that several schools had bye weeks before they played Bama one year, and he pitched a fit. Bama fans don't like any criticism of Saban,and I'm sure I'll get roasted for speaking my mind, but he is sort of a whiner about stuff. He should've been upset with Mal Moore, the Bama AD who scheduled Bama's games.

Hey cuz....Thanks for the kind words. I know what you mean about the officials. We've gotten burned by bad calls in every single game. The SEC officials need to be retrained. I did see a couple of missed calls in the OK-Mizzou game too, so it's not just the SEC who makes mistakes. They just make too many of them. But we seem to be snake-bit by officials in our league, especially in the past 2 years. Not sure why.....but Arkansas and Auburn have been hurt the worst, and it seems to be continuing this season. My personal opinion is that we don't make officials accountable to anyone but the SEC office. The coaches really don't have much of a voice. If they complain, they get fined like Urban Meyer did. All they can do is send in tapes and hope that action is taken.

I hope Mallett heals quickly. He's such talented kid. He'll make a perfect NFL QB1. He's got the kind of skills that they look for in the pros.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #715 on: October 24, 2010, 07:47:06 PM »

"Allright all you Razorback Fans, Lets Stand Up and Call Those Hogs!"

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
"PIG!"
"SOOIE!"
"RAZORBACKS!"

THANKS KTF.....that hog call must have worked!!! took over 5 hours and 2 lightening delays but the hogs pulled out another win! mallett has a slight shoulder injury and our 2 best receivers have ankle sprains....ugh! vanderbilt next week in fayetteville!

loved all the games yesterday!
glad to see wreck and bean are still friends...lol!!!!
pd.....auburn looked awesome...sky is the limit!
3 #1's down in a row.....klaas....hope oregon can hold on to the spot since they go to usc next saturday!

I lost track of that game because it took so long to complete. That must've been really hard on players and fans alike.

darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #716 on: October 24, 2010, 08:16:43 PM »

Thanks for that information, pdh3.  I knew Auburn was resting before they played Alabama, but I didn't think anything negative about that (it's that all those other teams have been doing it...); anyway, for the most part, Bama seems to be coping well with it.  I don't follow sports much, but I've always been a Bama fan.  I don't mind criticism of Coach Saban, though.  I criticized him myself at the end of the season before last when I felt that he threw that last game of the season; it was like he didn't want to win, so that he could tell his new recruits that, sure the graduating players were good, but they could be even better.  I remember kind of hoping they'd fire him for that.  I guess there's not much chance of that any time soon, and obviously not necessary.

I'm not going to be a sore loser if Auburn wins the Iron Bowl, though.  I mean, what a coup to win a national championship after so very many years.  And have you noticed that the cheerleader picture on this site is rooting for Auburn?? 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #717 on: October 24, 2010, 09:23:09 PM »

BCS polls out and Klaas your ducks are finally #1.  Not sure that that is a good thing though.     PDH your team is sitting in a fantastic spot because if you win out you will be #1 due to strength of schedule.  You just gotta win them all.  Looks like you get a couple easy ones before Bama.

I really wish I had seen your games because I keep reading about Cam.  He sounds like not only a great athlete but person as well.  I'm sure one of these weeks our games won't be at the same time. 

GO - your team looking good as well.  Think you can take the Big 10?  Who is left?
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #718 on: October 24, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »

Holy crap I messed up big time.... Auburn ended up #1.  Sorry about that PDH and Klaas.  I probably read another poll thinking it was BCS... Good luck to you both!!!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #719 on: October 24, 2010, 10:02:30 PM »

Thanks for that information, pdh3.  I knew Auburn was resting before they played Alabama, but I didn't think anything negative about that (it's that all those other teams have been doing it...); anyway, for the most part, Bama seems to be coping well with it.  I don't follow sports much, but I've always been a Bama fan.  I don't mind criticism of Coach Saban, though.  I criticized him myself at the end of the season before last when I felt that he threw that last game of the season; it was like he didn't want to win, so that he could tell his new recruits that, sure the graduating players were good, but they could be even better.  I remember kind of hoping they'd fire him for that.  I guess there's not much chance of that any time soon, and obviously not necessary.

I'm not going to be a sore loser if Auburn wins the Iron Bowl, though.  I mean, what a coup to win a national championship after so very many years.  And have you noticed that the cheerleader picture on this site is rooting for Auburn?? 

It makes it hard to like Bama and dislike the coach, but I do like the kids who actually play the game....but there you go. Bama has a bye before the Iron Bowl also. Saban moved his Bama game with that beat down powerhouse Georgia State..... so he now has no excuse. He should've kept quiet and just played his 4th string. GA State is in it's inaugural year for football. It's not like they can do much to a powerhouse like Bama.
It was good to see McElroy play Sat. There were rumors that he wasn't going to play because he hurt his hand. I was worried for him. He's a good kid.

I was just hoping to avoid the whole #1 issue. I am superstitious, and the #1 teams are falling like flies under a swatter. I was actually hoping to ride #2 until Dec.

nonesy....please have Nascar do an emergency mojo ceremony to ward off the #1 curse. It's very bad football juju to be #1 too early! OH MY!!! GET MY XANAX!!!!

I haven't talked a whole lot this season, and I'm not gonna do any bragging now either.
We'll have a target on our back now for sure.

On to Ole Miss and Houston Nutt/Jeremiah Masoli.....WDE!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.