March 18, 2024, 11:32:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048494 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #720 on: October 24, 2010, 10:04:41 PM »

luv it kiwi!!!

oh yeah.....wreck...cliff lee is an arkansas boy! from benton, ark.....making us proud!!!

Arkansas has put out some awesome football talent in the last few years!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #721 on: October 24, 2010, 11:33:32 PM »

PDH, I spoke with NASCAR tonight in between struggling with a chocolate macaroon recipe and he was not a happy camper. I'll ask for the mojo but he's frankly consumed with teaching his players a lesson. They won their game and yes, it was horribly cold and snowy, but they would not block for him. He and the HC are worried it was just laziness so tomorrow no one will get individual passes at practice - he said no one will this week until they learn to block consistently.

Sigh.........I'm not much help either. He has a talented bunch but some real tudes to contend with too. I feel for him, there isn't a quick remedy to a recurring problem with tudes.

Haven't both AU and Bama always had a bye week prior to the Iron Bowl?

Saban produced the NC that the super boosters wanted. Unless he runs afoul of some big NCAA violations, I don't think there will be pressure to change him in any way. So long as he wins and wants the job at Bama, it's his. I've posted how crazy I am about McElroy but I was disappointed to hear his remark about having never lost a game since junior high. It wasn't as mature a remark as I would have hoped he would have made. Oh well.

Bean, Cam has some history, if you google why he left FL a good bit will pop up about a laptop and a window. Lately with the success AU has had, I see some of the competition fan boards and social networking sites ablaze with trying to resurrect all of that again. That said, I like to think that hard lesson made him a better player and man, and to listen to his HC speak about him he seems to think quite highly of Cam. He is an incredible player and to think he wasn't on AU's radar until they happened to go over to his junior college to look at someone else and happened to see Cam also?

Klaas and PDH - we're pulling for your teams to stay on top - now what if they end up in the NC or GO's team does, or Bean's does ????????

Going to be an interesting ending to the SM season, what a nice problem to have 

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: October 25, 2010, 11:29:19 AM »

My goodness poor Nascar!  Those kids don't realize it yet, but they won't go far in life with those attitudes. Hopefully they will learn from Nascar and the coach. Maturity is always an issue with a team.

Here's the story on Cam Newton.
Cam is a good kid who did something stupid, and he admits it....speaking of maturity.Cam's dorm room fire sprinkler came on accidentally and ruined all of his stuff. He had to replace everything he had including his laptop, but he didn't have much money, so he was looking for a deal. He ended up buying a stolen laptop.When it came to light that the laptop was stolen, he panicked because of all he had to lose and threw it out a window. It was never his intention to break the law, and he wasn't the one who stole it. He knows he should've turned it down because it was of questionable origin. The price was too good to be true....but he was a young kid with no money and an immediate need for a computer, so he fell for the temptation. However, that's not why he left Florida. Cam wanted to play, and develop his QB skills, but Tebow came back for his senior season, so that left Cam riding the pine. He went to Blinn so he could play, and the rest is history. Auburn was originally his first choice over Florida, but Tubbs signed Kodi Burns as the future QB, so Cam went to Florida instead. I'm just glad he finally came to Auburn as a mature, polished leader. He is one amazing kid.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: October 25, 2010, 11:40:54 AM »

nonesy....As far as I an remember, Bama and AU have had an open date the weekend before the Iron Bowl. But Mal Moore scheduled Bama to play Georgia State in that school's first year with a football team the week before the IB in that open date. Saban was upset about it even though Ga State is not much of an opponent. He seriously could play the 4th string and win. But he got GA State to agree to move the game to the preceding Thurs. night, and the SEC approved it. That was the big stink created there about the bye week before the Auburn - Alabama game. So now Bama has a game on a Thurs. night, they get the weekend off, and Saban got his way even though Bama created their own problem to begin with by scheduling a game. Crazy!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #724 on: October 25, 2010, 12:58:23 PM »

Holy crap I messed up big time.... Auburn ended up #1.  Sorry about that PDH and Klaas.  I probably read another poll thinking it was BCS... Good luck to you both!!!
Sorry I posted that Sunday before the polls came out. All the other polls had it reversed from the BCS. I'm not saying anything more PDH.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #725 on: October 25, 2010, 06:00:40 PM »

PDH Big win... didn't see any of it as we played at the same time again.  Did Les do anything silly?

He just looked verrryy angry from the 3rd Q onward, not a happy hat man 

Newton was the bionic man, 400+ yards on offense, 200 of those were his own rushing yards!

Congrats to sharon, UM made quick work of Butch Davis today 

(pretend they are green and orange pom poms)

Thanks 

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: October 25, 2010, 07:57:23 PM »

PDH Big win... didn't see any of it as we played at the same time again.  Did Les do anything silly?

He just looked verrryy angry from the 3rd Q onward, not a happy hat man 

Newton was the bionic man, 400+ yards on offense, 200 of those were his own rushing yards!

Congrats to sharon, UM made quick work of Butch Davis today 

(pretend they are green and orange pom poms)

Thanks 

They look green and orange to me sharon! Go Canes!!!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: October 25, 2010, 08:28:47 PM »

So....what are the big games this week and weekend? 

Bama has a bye.

Auburn plays Ole Miss in Oxford, MS......

Oregon travels to CA to play USC.

Boise St. plays LA Tech at home on Tues. night...

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #728 on: October 25, 2010, 10:08:38 PM »

NU plays Missouri!  PDH I know who you'll be rooting for!   Monkey Devil!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #729 on: October 26, 2010, 12:10:37 AM »

Bean count me in as rooting for the Big Red !!! 

PDH don't you think Mal Moore scheduled the game with GSU because Bill Curry's now the HC? I thought it was a bye week prior to the Iron Bowl when son was there, I just didn't know if that was historically an absolute. You should have a fairly easy win against Ole Miss and I have to tell you that my nephew was at the game last weekend -  as for son, I keep telling him that he needs to find a way to reach some of these kids, but then his HC is a believer that they either have that innate sense of wanting to learn and succeed or they don't.

We had a true thunderstorm here tonight, this is the wackiest weather ever ! Son had snow last weekend and it's in the 70's there today. I hope the weather settles down by the time for the games this weekend.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: October 26, 2010, 01:34:30 AM »

nonesy I think Bill Curry, who is such a great guy btw, called everybody he knew to schedule a game. GSU football is in it's infancy, and they need cash. That's why they had no problem moving the game to Thurs. night instead of Sat. GSU will get a nice payout for a game with Bama no matter what day they play. But for Saban to complain about it was kinda silly since Bama scheduled it themselves in the first place. It was never a surprise that it was the Sat. before the Iron Bowl, so I didn't understand all the drama.

Speaking of drama...does anyone think Lane Kiffen can mastermind a game plan good enough  to beat Oregon?

I have faith that if anyone could reach those kids it will be Nascar. He may not reach every single one of them, but I'm sure he can help at least a few.

We had very violent thunderstorms here also, and I got little sleep. My sweet golden retriever is terrified of those kinds of storms, and between his distress and all the booming and flashes of lightening there was just too much activity to sleep. Now I'm so wound up from pushing to stay awake all day that I CAN'T sleep. UGHHH!! My dog is having no problem sleeping though, that little stinker.

beans....I'm still pulling for the Huskers!!! I think you'll have a great game on your hands though!

WDE!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: October 26, 2010, 01:52:17 AM »

Great article about the Big 12 offenses

beans...LOL at Bo. He has such a way with words. 

http://www.fanhouse.com/news/ncaafootball/5-of-nations-top-18-offenses-in-big-12/1352921

Lots of good stuff here...

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #732 on: October 26, 2010, 07:24:51 AM »

PDH - good articles.  I couldn't sleep last night either.  No storms though. ha.....  You are right - we will have our hands full this Saturday.

None - still proud of Nascar.  He sounds like he is doing a tremendous job, regardless of having to deal with some slackers or head cases.... all part of the job and it is great experience for our favorite young coach.  Whos up next?

Kiwi, who you play next?  Wreck? GO? Cuz? Sharon?  Obviously I am behind this week. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: October 26, 2010, 08:34:46 AM »

PDH - good articles.  I couldn't sleep last night either.  No storms though. ha.....  You are right - we will have our hands full this Saturday.

None - still proud of Nascar.  He sounds like he is doing a tremendous job, regardless of having to deal with some slackers or head cases.... all part of the job and it is great experience for our favorite young coach.  Whos up next?

Kiwi, who you play next?  Wreck? GO? Cuz? Sharon?  Obviously I am behind this week. 

OSU travels to K-State. 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: October 26, 2010, 09:26:46 AM »

The Cowboys can take K-State!

Injuries are piling up down here in the SEC. How is everyone else faring now that it's mid-season?

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #735 on: October 26, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »

Good luck with K State.. gotta stop their RB - that is the key to winning against them.

Wreck...I assume you have read at orangepower today?   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #736 on: October 26, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »

Good luck with K State.. gotta stop their RB - that is the key to winning against them.

Wreck...I assume you have read at orangepower today?   

I have now!! For those of you that have not heard, our Heisman Trophy candidate (Justin Blackmon and a real good kid) went with a couple of teammates to the Cowboys-Giants game last night. He was pulled over going home in Carrollton, TX (literally a mile from where I work and about 5 miles from my house) for speeding. He was NOT drunk but DID have trace alcohol readings from the breathalyzer. Since he is a underage - he went to jail. Punishment is up to a $500. fine (a Class C misdemeanor).
Why US Lord???????????

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #737 on: October 26, 2010, 07:58:59 PM »

Sorry to ruin your day but wanted you to see it.   What is wrong with these kids?  No common sense.  Thank God he didn't get in an accident driving that fast... he could have lost his future.  What a talent that kid is. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: October 26, 2010, 09:28:37 PM »

Sorry to ruin your day but wanted you to see it.   What is wrong with these kids?  No common sense.  Thank God he didn't get in an accident driving that fast... he could have lost his future.  What a talent that kid is. 
Driving 92 in a 60mph zone at 3:45am is just stupid. Like I said, this a great kid -- if you have ever seen him interviewed, you can tell. He's not a thug -- they were going to see their friend Dez Bryant play. It is unfortunate that stupid youthful indescretions will follow you your whole life. He will learn from this and life goes on.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #739 on: October 27, 2010, 12:07:46 AM »

Thanks PDH and Bean, the kind words for son are always appreciated.

wreck, welcome to the party. What are no-brainers for most of us, unfortunately just do not seem to digest with some of these players. Ultimately walking the wild side with their friends can outweigh the 'smart' thing to do.

PDH this article is a great one on Newton, didn't know if you had seen it yet, it's apparently slated for next week's edition.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1176386/1/index.htm

sharon - do you still have my email addy? I've been searching for yours but my email has crashed several times and when I try searching it, often I get no results. So if you have mine then shoot me one and I'll respond back.

we have tornado warnings tonight and knowing they savaged parts of the midwest last night, just praying we escape this wacky and dangerous weather soon......

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.