March 18, 2024, 11:13:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048489 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #800 on: November 06, 2010, 01:32:04 PM »

Wrecks team is beating up on the Baylor Bears.  WTG  So I turned over to watch more of the Michigan vs Illinois game which is tied.  Great game so far if you don't like defense.     Sorry Kiwi but I know you understand.  Seriously, if you guys had a defense you could be #1  I read they might fire the DC so my question is - will that help?  Is he the problem?  I really don't know which is why I'm asking

OK back to errands before our game starts
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #801 on: November 06, 2010, 03:21:31 PM »

I'm just stunned by how fast this cancer took him. He played in the MSU game against Auburn in Sept. And now...he's gone.
I feel just awful for his Mom and the rest of his family. She was so proud of him. I heard that the MSU team was taking it hard. God Bless them.

You will be missed Nick. RIP.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/bessemers_nick_bell_a_mississi.html

such a terrible tragedy, breaks one's heart to see this.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #802 on: November 06, 2010, 03:24:39 PM »

Okay.......... what's the REAL scoop on Cam????

I don't think you really want me to unload on a public board what I think about Urban Meyer, ESPN, Fox Sports, the Bama connection to The New York Times, or about how ugly things can get. What they have done to Cam and to Auburn is disgusting.

Cecil Newton has now hired an attorney to protect his son.There's a reason he didn't want Cam at MSU. He didn't like the atmosphere. I can see why.

Kenny Rogers has denied all allegations, and John Bond has changed his story today. They are both liars.

beans - Kenny Rogers son signed with Nebraska....

This was investigated a long time ago. Auburn cleared Cam of any wrong doing before they ever let him play a single down. It's old news that Meyer and ESPN have re-manufactured. ESPN because they want to control the BCS and the Heisman, and Meyer because he's pissed that Cam is doing well elsewhere. The Bama connection is self-explanatory.

ESPN and agents and big money have ruined college football. I've been saying this for years, but this is even more evil than I realized. The timing was no accident. They are trying to keep the Heisman and BCS away from Auburn and Cam and redirect it to Boise St. The Boise St. campaign started with that pitiful Va Tech team, and it's gotten a full head of steam from all this. ESPN has done nothing but dog Auburn publically from the beginning of the season. It was the same thing they did to us in 2004. They swayed public opinion away from an undefeated Auburn team, and cost us votes that would've gotten us into the BCS. Now they are doing the very same thing, and trying to take a talented kid down while they are at it.

I think all of them are backtracking today because they've heard from a few lawyers.

There's lots of RELIABLE info here:

http://www.wareagleauburn.com/WEAForum/index.php

pdh, didn't know if you knew but MSU's AD took a very quick exit before the season?

I'm not surprised Cam is a target, Meyer has had one of his worst seasons and Cam might have been another Tebow for him - but then one will never know if the decision Cam made to leave FL could have built a better player ultimately. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #803 on: November 06, 2010, 03:30:48 PM »

oh kiwi - you're going into OT, fingers and toes crossed you can win this one - 1,091 yds on offense so far in this game - can't say either team has had any big D

good golly pdh's team already has 55 points on the board and it's only halfway thru the 3rd??? 

congrats to wreck's team, I know he's glad 

son's team kicks off the same time as your Huskers Bean - wishing a big win for both  So far son's team has 9 wins.........hopeful for #10 !

I cannot believe that Clemson knocked off NCSU today..........

kiwi - your team just scored 

of course the Bama vs LSU game is a biggie........always interesting to watch the hat and saban battle it out 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #804 on: November 06, 2010, 04:51:50 PM »

The Baylor Baptists are saying some very un-Christian like things about us on OUR and their own boards!!  They are upset that we ran up the score on them!
(they scored their 28 points in the 2nd half on our 2nd and 3rd teamers!)
I guess our youngins' should have taken a knee every down!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #805 on: November 06, 2010, 07:16:42 PM »

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #806 on: November 06, 2010, 08:09:28 PM »

Thanks to all who watched the defensive struggle in Ann Arbor.  Congrads to Miami, OSU ,AU, Badgers, the Ducks, and Neb. Bean I can't understand why they would take that chance and go for two in your game? Sorry Bama fans, wish Michigan had your defense!
Bean all I can say is, if you never put pressure on the QB any high school QB will complete the pass. In some defense of the Wolverine defense the entire secondary are freshmen. We lost one senor CB to the NFL and 2 CB's to injury for the season. So anyone wanting to play right out of high school or junior college give RR a call.
OK here is the box score for the Ill and Mich game. Since it set some records I will give you all a laugh! Final score 67- 65 Michigan. Their 6th win so we get to see them play over the holidays for your scoring amusement. This was the highest point total in Big Ten history, just great. Michigan had 676 total yards to Illinois's 561 total yards. Robinson had 305 yards passing and 62 rushing 3 TDs and was out for all of the 4th qt. Good news he was just sick and hopefully not a concussion. Forcier finished with 12 of 19 passing for 114 yards and 2 TDs. Michigan also had 5 turnovers, hmm. The defense sacked the QB one time for the game, which was actually the last play for Illinois going for 2. I will need the rest of the weekend to recover! Good luck to all, see ya on Monday.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: November 06, 2010, 09:48:35 PM »

Thanks for the update Kiwi.. I did not see your finish but heard about it.  Congrats on the Ws everyone.  How bout Les Miles?  Missed that entire game so will have to read about it and check out highlights.

Our game was tough.  Scary tough.  Our QB is nursing a sprained ankle and they wanted to give him a week or two to be 100% so I am sure they never planned to play him.  On Thursday our backup went out with a season ending injury (still haven't disclosed it but he is out) and so we started out 3rd stringer.

Early in the first qtr our 3rd string - now starting QB took a hit to the head and was out.  We played an entire series and scored with our running back running the wildcat formation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was unreal.  The kid is great - played some QB in high school.  I was gulping beer at that point.  lolol

We played flat on D - unsure why.  Our stud WR who always tries to do too much ran a punt out of the endzone when he shouldn't have and FUMBLED on the 15 yd line.  We gave them 7 points and the momentum shifted big time.

Iowa St played very well and their coach has some huge balls to call for the two point conversion.  After the game our players said they expected it so they must have seen some tendencies on film.  I am grateful for the W and glad it was just one overtime.  And I am even more grateful that we play Kansas next week... though what the heck... they scored 35 pts in the 4th qtr to come from behind and beat Colorado?  My God. 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #808 on: November 06, 2010, 09:56:45 PM »

Thanks for the update Kiwi.. I did not see your finish but heard about it.  Congrats on the Ws everyone.  How bout Les Miles?  Missed that entire game so will have to read about it and check out highlights.

Our game was tough.  Scary tough.  Our QB is nursing a sprained ankle and they wanted to give him a week or two to be 100% so I am sure they never planned to play him.  On Thursday our backup went out with a season ending injury (still haven't disclosed it but he is out) and so we started out 3rd stringer.

Early in the first qtr our 3rd string - now starting QB took a hit to the head and was out.  We played an entire series and scored with our running back running the wildcat formation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was unreal.  The kid is great - played some QB in high school.  I was gulping beer at that point.  lolol

We played flat on D - unsure why.  Our stud WR who always tries to do too much ran a punt out of the endzone when he shouldn't have and FUMBLED on the 15 yd line.  We gave them 7 points and the momentum shifted big time.

Iowa St played very well and their coach has some huge balls to call for the two point conversion.  After the game our players said they expected it so they must have seen some tendencies on film.  I am grateful for the W and glad it was just one overtime.  And I am even more grateful that we play Kansas next week... though what the heck... they scored 35 pts in the 4th qtr to come from behind and beat Colorado?  My God. 

CRAZY Big 12 day!! A&M was up 19-0 on OU in 3rd qtr -- (now 19-7 -- Aggies will choke this away!) 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #809 on: November 06, 2010, 09:57:10 PM »

CRAZY Big 12 day!! A&M was up 19-0 on OU in 3rd qtr -- (now 19-17 -- Aggies will choke this away!) 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #810 on: November 06, 2010, 10:06:52 PM »

How about them Longhorns?????    Monkey Devil!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: November 06, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »

How in the hell did you lose to them Frijole?!?   

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: November 06, 2010, 11:03:21 PM »

How the HELL did we lose to them?  Unfreakingbelievable.

Wreck... I'm sure you saw the thread on shaggybevo.com about the statues on UT campus?  If you haven't just go there and read... you will be glad you did.  Funniest thread I ever read.  Seriously funny.  LSUfreek chimed in with some graphics.  Worth the time.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: November 06, 2010, 11:04:10 PM »

How in the hell did you lose to them Frijole?!?   
Too funny... I replied not knowing you had posted this!!!  Fair question.  Answer is I am sure we psyched ourselves out and made it a bigger game than it was.  Damn.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #814 on: November 07, 2010, 07:51:05 AM »

The Canes pulled it out in the last 60 seconds  (Maryland) 

I was listening to the game on radio in my car. I had to drive past the stadium on my way home (thought I was driving to Kiwi's) -- and was trying to get past before the stadium started letting out. Fortunately for me -- no one was leaving the stadium since it was such a nail biter, game ended just as I passed by.

So -- a win -- and no getting stuck in stadium traffic Smile A good day all around

Sure hope my Dolphins can do the same against Baltimore today   

Congrats to all winners --  chips, dips and adult beverages to all non winners.

And WOW. LSU over Bama. Was that expected?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #815 on: November 07, 2010, 01:25:50 PM »

A follow up to my post about Baylor complaining that we "ran up the score" on them.........
I bet Colorado has a reply for them --- they blew a 45-17 lead the 4th quarter!!

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #816 on: November 07, 2010, 04:25:02 PM »

we beat the old ball coach in south carolina 41 to 20!!  nice not to have to sweat during a game for a change!! our best wr.....greg childs is out for the season....he was hurt last week against vanderbilt....i am sure he will go pro...he is special! only have 4 more minutes on the library computer...gotta go....hello to everybody...miss being a part of the group but cannot be helped right now!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #817 on: November 07, 2010, 04:37:40 PM »

Bean - one would say that pulling out your win with such QB adversity is a really high mark for Bo and his staff and team !

sharon - I saw you pulled in that win at the end 

cuz - what fun to beat that visor 

son's team won 59-2    so 10 wins and 1 loss so far !

Kiwi - I thought I'd post a photo of the whoopies I plan to bring to the dawghouse this week

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #818 on: November 07, 2010, 04:38:22 PM »

Klaas 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #819 on: November 07, 2010, 05:01:30 PM »

None... those cookies look illegal.  Yum Yum
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.