March 19, 2024, 01:55:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048524 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: November 07, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »

we beat the old ball coach in south carolina 41 to 20!!  nice not to have to sweat during a game for a change!! our best wr.....greg childs is out for the season....he was hurt last week against vanderbilt....i am sure he will go pro...he is special! only have 4 more minutes on the library computer...gotta go....hello to everybody...miss being a part of the group but cannot be helped right now!

Congrats cuz!  We miss you too!  Heard about Childs. I know your team misses him.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: November 07, 2010, 07:26:06 PM »

The weekend round-up...

Congrats to all who won this weekend!

I'm so proud of Nascar's team! Way to go! That boy is a WINNER!!!

sharon....how 'bout the Canes! Are they Bowl eligible now?

On the Bama-LSU game....I picked LSU to win on another board, and so did a lot of others. I also think Bama could lose to Mississippi State if MSU plays as well as they are capable of playing. The MSU defense is very stout.

Congrats to Tommy Tuberville's team at TTech. Auburn fans still support our Tubby!

Auburn faces a revived GA this weekend. 
We need some good monkey mojo in the worst way. Everybody wants to take down Cam Newton. WDE!

beans....Iowa State is not the same ISU anymore. Chizik did some nice recruiting, and Paul Rhodes is a heck of a coach. He's doing a fabulous job up there.

nonesy....I'll take ten dozen of each kind....I'm a 
Just the pictures made my mouth water!  Those look so yummy!

wreck.....

klaas.....

kiwi....at least it was a win. and MI will get a bowl bid out of this season. It could be worse. We had nothing in 2008. That was so painful.
Is this enough for RR to keep his job?

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #822 on: November 08, 2010, 12:32:18 AM »

Okay......... I'm not about to get cocky but, we have Texas this week in Austin. I am hoping that our YOUNG team ignores our history of blowing big leads!! 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: November 08, 2010, 02:13:35 AM »

I think you can take 'em wreck. They're all tired from that statue protest anyway.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #824 on: November 08, 2010, 06:43:19 AM »

Hey beans....

http://www.doubletnation.com/2010/8/23/1636416/recruiting-on-the-high-plains-cb

No offer from Auburn. Tubby doesn have him at TTech though after a stint at a JUCO.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #825 on: November 08, 2010, 07:14:00 AM »

Okay......... I'm not about to get cocky but, we have Texas this week in Austin. I am hoping that our YOUNG team ignores our history of blowing big leads!! 
TX has quit on their coach.  Come out strong and get up by 7 and you will own them.  Who would have thought? 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: November 08, 2010, 07:18:09 AM »

Hey beans....

No offer from Auburn. Tubby doesn have him at TTech though after a stint at a JUCO.
Interesting.. no wonder I can't find anything out about him.  I remember those 2 last minute Bama recruits.  One of them supposedly 'got homesick' and left quickly.  Maybe it was him?  Thats a strange path he took huh?
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #827 on: November 08, 2010, 12:23:58 PM »

Thanks to all who watched the defensive struggle in Ann Arbor.  Congrads to Miami, OSU ,AU, Badgers, the Ducks, and Neb. Bean I can't understand why they would take that chance and go for two in your game? Sorry Bama fans, wish Michigan had your defense!
Bean all I can say is, if you never put pressure on the QB any high school QB will complete the pass. In some defense of the Wolverine defense the entire secondary are freshmen. We lost one senor CB to the NFL and 2 CB's to injury for the season. So anyone wanting to play right out of high school or junior college give RR a call.
OK here is the box score for the Ill and Mich game. Since it set some records I will give you all a laugh! Final score 67- 65 Michigan. Their 6th win so we get to see them play over the holidays for your scoring amusement. This was the highest point total in Big Ten history, just great. Michigan had 676 total yards to Illinois's 561 total yards. Robinson had 305 yards passing and 62 rushing 3 TDs and was out for all of the 4th qt. Good news he was just sick and hopefully not a concussion. Forcier finished with 12 of 19 passing for 114 yards and 2 TDs. Michigan also had 5 turnovers, hmm. The defense sacked the QB one time for the game, which was actually the last play for Illinois going for 2. I will need the rest of the weekend to recover! Good luck to all, see ya on Monday.

It wasn't the highest scoring game in D-1 on Saturday, Navy put up 75 on the board in their game 

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #828 on: November 08, 2010, 12:27:20 PM »

None... those cookies look illegal.  Yum Yum

I will admit they are getting rave taste reviews  the choco is the traditional kind from up north but the others are sweet potato with toasted pecans and cream cheese with madagascar vanilla bean. We're exploring how to ship them...work in progress.

Did you read your former CEO/unpaid GA/Moglia for the Huskers has just be hired as HC for Norfolk the UFL franchise???? That was quick !

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #829 on: November 08, 2010, 12:33:03 PM »

The weekend round-up...

On the Bama-LSU game....I picked LSU to win on another board, and so did a lot of others. I also think Bama could lose to Mississippi State if MSU plays as well as they are capable of playing. The MSU defense is very stout.

Congrats to Tommy Tuberville's team at TTech. Auburn fans still support our Tubby!

We need some good monkey mojo in the worst way. Everybody wants to take down Cam Newton. WDE!

beans....Iowa State is not the same ISU anymore. Chizik did some nice recruiting, and Paul Rhodes is a heck of a coach. He's doing a fabulous job up there.

wreck.....

klaas.....

kiwi....at least it was a win. and MI will get a bowl bid out of this season. It could be worse. We had nothing in 2008. That was so painful.

As always, thank you for your monkey love for son 

He called me this morning, his laptop tanked so I'm on eBay looking for a real deal for him.

I don't think UGA can pull it together enough to battle Auburn, one good game isn't enough to rattle my confidence in your HC or Cam and the team.

I don't underestimate RR's capacity to charm super boosters and they truly hold all the power for or against existing HC's. I am beginning to believe that AD's are nothing more than figureheads.

I'm still wondering what will happen to UNC's Davis and their AD 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #830 on: November 08, 2010, 12:34:54 PM »

Hey beans....

Interesting.. no wonder I can't find anything out about him.  I remember those 2 last minute Bama recruits.  One of them supposedly 'got homesick' and left quickly.  Maybe it was him?  Thats a strange path he took huh?

I suspect it was grades Bean, he came from Oak Hill and traditionally diversity players end up in those types of prep programs due to grades to begin with. Programs don't make statements about players with academic issues and the NCAA sometimes waits to fully rule on a freshman until they are on campus and in fall camp as well.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #831 on: November 08, 2010, 09:30:41 PM »

That makes sense none.

Tubby must see something in the kid, because he's recruited him twice. I guess we'll find out.

On to the weekend ahead.....

Besides Auburn vs GA....what other big games do we have?

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #832 on: November 08, 2010, 10:21:42 PM »

None... those cookies look illegal.  Yum Yum

I will admit they are getting rave taste reviews  the choco is the traditional kind from up north but the others are sweet potato with toasted pecans and cream cheese with madagascar vanilla bean. We're exploring how to ship them...work in progress.

Did you read your former CEO/unpaid GA/Moglia for the Huskers has just be hired as HC for Norfolk the UFL franchise???? That was quick !
Yes I did read about this None.  Connections.  lol  I did read that before he went into the brokerage business he was a high school coach so he does have some experience.  wow huh?  Very smart guy obviously.  Interesting story about someone doing what he loves to do. 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #833 on: November 08, 2010, 10:22:28 PM »

That makes sense none.

Tubby must see something in the kid, because he's recruited him twice. I guess we'll find out.

On to the weekend ahead.....

Besides Auburn vs GA....what other big games do we have?
We play Kansas but since we might still be using our 3rd string QB I am very grateful.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #834 on: November 08, 2010, 10:54:29 PM »

Hawkins fired at Colorado.  Hasn't even hit ESPN yet and we have it here at SM. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #835 on: November 08, 2010, 11:37:11 PM »

Hawkins fired at Colorado.  Hasn't even hit ESPN yet and we have it here at SM. 
Losing the way they did in the 4th quarter -- he deserves to go!! Wade Phillips finally gone in Dallas!!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #836 on: November 09, 2010, 03:34:13 PM »

The weekend round-up...

wreck.....

klaas.....

As always, thank you for your monkey love for son 

He called me this morning, his laptop tanked so I'm on eBay looking for a real deal for him.

I don't think UGA can pull it together enough to battle Auburn, one good game isn't enough to rattle my confidence in your HC or Cam and the team.

I don't underestimate RR's capacity to charm super boosters and they truly hold all the power for or against existing HC's. I am beginning to believe that AD's are nothing more than figureheads.

I'm still wondering what will happen to UNC's Davis and their AD 

None sorry just noticed your response. Personally I think they should keep RR. Just wish they would go out and get a nice solid Defensive Coaching staff. Some of the problem is the all freshmen secondary. They could be helped if there was just a little pressure on any QB. ie a few blitz's here and there.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #837 on: November 09, 2010, 10:17:10 PM »

Kiwi - I've decided it's easier to hire offensive skill than defensive. I don't think it's a coincidence that the power programs have HC's with strong backgrounds in defense - just look at Auburn and Alabama? RR is a fighter, but WVU was also known more for it's offense than it's defense when RR was HC there. Hopefully he can find a decent DC to fill the gaps by next season.

PDH - the whole Cam thing seems to be so personal now, don't you think? If he was cheating at FL then why on earth was he kept on the team? I think all of this mud slinging is going to splash back all over UF..........

Just shows the perceived dollar values of Heisman's and NC's to produce such ugly battles in the press.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #838 on: November 10, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »

It is a personal vendetta because Auburn is winning with Cam Newton, and the fires have been flamed by ESPN. They should never be allowed back on the Auburn campus.

Here's a blog by Jack Arute that sums up my feelings entirely.

http://blog.jackaruteonsports.com/football/a-pox-on-all-your-houses.html

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #839 on: November 10, 2010, 10:40:30 PM »

It is a personal vendetta because Auburn is winning with Cam Newton, and the fires have been flamed by ESPN. They should never be allowed back on the Auburn campus.

Here's a blog by Jack Arute that sums up my feelings entirely.

http://blog.jackaruteonsports.com/football/a-pox-on-all-your-houses.html

PDH - Had a really busy day so just catching up on all the talking heads have put out there today on ESPN. This entire debacle really does touch upon all of the corrupt and greedy elements present in college football today.

Forgive my diatribe but I think so many don't know the reality of college football stars....or how programs really function

At this point and perhaps never, will we know if it's accurate that Cam was caught cheating. I can attest that I was never surprised by the laptop incident. If people believe that players have funds to buy new laptops while on scholarship then they are smoking crack. Yes it probably wasn't wise to buy one out of the back of the trunk of a car, but if you find a used one on Craig's List and buy it - you run the same risk. Tossing it out the window as he did was done in total panic, which didn't surprise me either. Was it foolish to a degree - yes, but it happens with immature young players.

The fact UF allowed these supposed reports to radiate from even those on their periphery is breaking federal privacy laws for academic records. Meyer's crazy display of announcing his retirement and then changing his mind, had all the earmarks of political play as well. I thought that then and I believe it even more now, there is a backstory there that I feel could be very revealing.

Additionally to think that MSU would lure a top player over Auburn is ludicrous. Sorry and nothing against Cullen, but MSU's performance over the last four years is indicative of issues competing with or without a Cam Newton. I wish Cullen luck with those challenges for I don't wish MSU anything but success, but it's time for some reality here.

Even Stoop has stated they saw nothing irregular in their recruitment of Newton as well, and Stoop is bigger than Cullen in terms of reputation and program. So who do I tend to believe? Also MSU has admitted that when the NCAA requested further documentation of the supposed incident they reported in January, that MSU drug their feet for six months and finally providing a "partial" for this request in July? Something very hinky here..........very.

Oddly enough MSU's AD leaped over to Oregon in September and it was a big surprise to the administration for we know someone quite well who worked on his staff. Oregon was a great move for him but the timing of all of this is bothersome.

I think few of these SEC coaches expected Newton to do as well as he has, but I credit his HC and also the rest of the Tiger team - there's plenty of talent on that team.

Perhaps some of this is the Reggie Bush/Heisman legacy, many of us here wanted the NCAA to catch Bush but we also wanted them to catch USC and I haven't seen much in repercussions to date for USC. Beyond disappointing particularly when they embraced having our least fave HC Kiffen leap from TN back to USC.

If the SEC wanted to steal the Heisman away from Newton they may have already succeeded, for it seems the truth is inconsequential. Newton obviously wasn't ESPN's pick, right? Since they think they can rule college football I am assuming either the world will allow them to get away with this, or someone will finally stop their rape and pillage in college football.

I fear perception is reality, when it's ESPN talking.

The other thing I'd like to say (based upon son's previous and current experience) is that fans need to understand that many of these "stars" grow up in homes without basic comforts such a running water, much less two parents, or enough food to eat. They often have high schools that don't require they attend classes or provide tutoring or support for learning disabilities.

How we can expect them to leap into college football, handling all the stresses of football and academic demand is naive to believe they can. Cam and many others have proven this and when supposed top academic programs such as UNC's have cheating allegations, it's even more naive to think players across college football have struggles meeting the academic demands.

Deep breath - I'm finished. Apologies for my rant.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.