March 19, 2024, 04:38:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048558 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: November 10, 2010, 10:48:34 PM »

Go None Go!  To be honest... I haven't read much on the Cam situation because it is hearsay at this point and like you said... ESPN has no credibility with me.  News sources used to have to confirm stories prior to printing but... not anymore.

Re Urban Meyer's retirement.. I have read more than once that he was planning on leaving but that he got wind that they were talking to Bob Stoops and he wanted no part of that and came back.  At the time Bob was under major heat from the fans in OK for losing in the MNC game and said to be fed up.  I have no clue if there is truth to it but I've seen it a few times.  Regardless, something happened to make Urban come back that quickly.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #841 on: November 11, 2010, 01:42:32 AM »

THANK YOU NONESY!!!!!!! 

Cam is a good kid. He made mistakes, owned them, and paid the price. He spent time in exile at Blinn JC, and he grew up. His dad is a good man. They do not deserve this character assassination.
There is NO RENOVATED CHURCH. It's still unusable, and run down. Cam drives a scooter around campus because it's cheap. His older brother was in the NFL, so the family has some money...just not a lot. He is no Reggie Bush. His family still lives in the SAME HOUSE in the suburbs. There's no fancy cars and NO BLING.

When this all blows up, it will change college football and the media forever.

This is why I despise ESPN. They do have an agenda. They NEVER went after Reggie Bush and Pete Carroll and USC and the Pac 10 the way they are going after us. And there was NEVER any doubt RB was paid, No one tried to hide it. They just refused to talk to the NCAA. It was out there in plain site but the media looked the other way.

People should write the advertisers of ESPN and let them know how displeased they are with the rumor mongering and destruction of a young man's dreams.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #842 on: November 11, 2010, 01:45:10 AM »

None- That was worth publication. A friend here has a sports radio show. I'll send it on, if you give permission.
Pdh- The Newton thing is even getting a lot of play time here on radio. Which leads me to think its only news today because your on top. It's better now than another month. At least it gives enough time to be completely picked through.
Bean- I was talking with my other Nebraska fan yesterday and suggested going to the Neb- Mich game next year. When is that scheduled for in Ann Arbor? If I do this I'll plan on staying about 45min away in Farmington Hills. Just because I know the area for great restaurants.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: November 11, 2010, 08:14:24 AM »

None- That was worth publication. A friend here has a sports radio show. I'll send it on, if you give permission.
Pdh- The Newton thing is even getting a lot of play time here on radio. Which leads me to think its only news today because your on top. It's better now than another month. At least it gives enough time to be completely picked through.
Bean- I was talking with my other Nebraska fan yesterday and suggested going to the Neb- Mich game next year. When is that scheduled for in Ann Arbor? If I do this I'll plan on staying about 45min away in Farmington Hills. Just because I know the area for great restaurants.
Should be a great game but cold... Nov 19th!   Here is the schedule:
http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=3&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100&Q_SEASON=2011
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #844 on: November 11, 2010, 05:10:05 PM »

Thanks bean for the schedule for the game. I'm not sure I will be able to talk my friend into sitting there in a bowl, in late Nov. Going from 70 deg down to 30 deg may be the deal breaker.
Just a side note, there is a high school kicker in Mississippi that was kicked off his team for wearing pink cleats given to him by his grandmother a cancer survivor. The school district is going to court on the side of the coach. Sorry I don't know how to bring it over. Since the we lost one our own SM, thought Id mention it prior to the weekend games here.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #845 on: November 11, 2010, 05:54:51 PM »

I used to travel to Detroit a lot and always stayed in Livonia or Novi. There are some good restaurants in Novi!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #846 on: November 11, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »

PDH - I didn't realize his older brother played in the NFL but unless you are a 'star' in the NFL, the majority have contracts that hover around 200K annually - after you pay your agent and your taxes that really isn't a lot of $$$ to spread around. As for pastors or ministers, they are dependent upon the tithe budget for their compensation and in economies like this, I suspect many are doing with far less. Scholarships provide for meager room/board off campus, your cell phone and maybe one dinner out per week. Been there, done the math for son's.

As for writing ESPN,  I wish that I think that would help but I think it's more likely they love stirring the pot because it increases hits to their site as well as fools willing to pay to sign up for their ESPN insider  They use those hits they track to convince advertisers that their exposure is on their site is worth it. Today it appears Doritos is the front page advertiser of choice on ESPN - I feel if campaigns were targeted to ESPN advertisers then perhaps there could be an impact.

Bean - I had not heard that theory regarding Urban's retire/not-retire power play........I've heard others but not that one so thanks for sharing.

Kiwi - I'm not sure anything I write has great value but thanks for your kind words. You have my permission to share. I hope RR has spent this week doing more than scratch his head about how to bring the big D in your next game !!!

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #847 on: November 12, 2010, 04:17:09 AM »

none - The church only had enough work done to keep it from being condemned again....like bringing electrical up to code so that it wasn't a fire hazard. No massive, expensive remodeling at all. It's my understanding that Cecil got most of the money from his son in the NFL. He had the money, per his meeting with the city council SEVERAL MONTHS BEFORE any recruitment started. The church is a red herring.

I agree with you about ESPN. That's why I said I'm gonna target their advertisers. There are also some facebooks out there such as Fire Thayer Evans. Auburn people are very angry at what's been done to Cam and to our reputation as well.

This kinda says it all about how the Auburn family feels right now...

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2010/11/seniors-sing-lean-on-me-at-thursday-nights-pep-flash-rally-rave/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2NCfonyOEE

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #848 on: November 12, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »

PDH that made me cry.  Very touching. 
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: November 12, 2010, 05:20:22 PM »

loved the rant none!!! and tell son....that is a record to be proud of for his first year!!! good job!!!
well....i turned another year older this week...the years sure do go by fast now!!
we play our last non conference game this sat.....UTEP...hope there are no suprises...lol!!!

just a peek into college baskteball......i know better to get excited about rankings of recruiting classes...but....this is the highest ranking we have had ever....3rd behind..who else....kentucky and duke!!!! john pelphrey needed to come thru since some of his recruits the past 3 years have not worked out...here's hoping it lives up to the billing!!!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #850 on: November 12, 2010, 08:25:21 PM »

I used to travel to Detroit a lot and always stayed in Livonia or Novi. There are some good restaurants in Novi!
How about Stephanos on 12mi and Drake. I'm not sure of the spelling. I spent my 20's in West Bloomfield. My closest friend lived on Haggerty and 10mi. How long ago? What restaurants? Hmm time for dinner now.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: November 12, 2010, 09:36:33 PM »

PDH that made me cry.  Very touching. 

Me too.  There's just no place like Auburn.

There was a huge crowd - thousands - today as the team boarded the bus. For home games, the team stays in a hotel in Montgomery, which is about an hour away.   The fans and students came out to show support and to thank the seniors. It was a sight to behold.

Guess what beans....Tubby pulled the scholarship off to Justin Rogers......
And now the media is dragging in everybody. 

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/rogers-past-ties-to-pelini-tuberville-troubling-29235

I haven't seen the media vultures act like this since Monica Lewinsky's dry cleaning issues....

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: November 12, 2010, 10:12:39 PM »

PDH I saw that tonight.  Its sort of ludicrous as the kid was a 3 star recruit... hardly worth what they are insinuating ya know?  I have tried to ignore all this crap but you are right - the media is all fighting to see who can get the biggest bang for the buck out of this mess.  I didn't have a whole lot of respect for the media before (related to news reporting and politics) but this is out of hand.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: November 13, 2010, 03:13:37 AM »

It is surreal. ESPN in particular makes me furious. 

I'm worried for Cam tomorrow. He has the biggest game of his life....to this point anyway...in the midst of all this chaos. Jordan Hare will have it's biggest crowd ever, and the media is swarming. CBS is expecting ratings to go off the charts. That's a lot for him to take on at age 20. Poor kid.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #854 on: November 13, 2010, 03:35:29 AM »

I am not trying to minimize the injustice of Cam's tribulations -but, look at what happened to Dez Bryant at OSU last year. He was NEVER proved of illegal deeds, but if we played him under "suspicion" -- we would have to forfeit games. You are therefore "guilty" before due justice -- it sucks!! 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #855 on: November 13, 2010, 03:38:12 AM »

I hate no spell check or "edit" abilities! Dez was only under "suspicion" of wrong doing -- not remotely proved!

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: November 13, 2010, 07:45:17 AM »

CANES at Georgia Tech today. I no longer predict outcomes. lololol 

Yes, Frijole -- 'bowl' eligible after last week's win.

Good luck for all teams today -- and prayers that everyone stays safe.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: November 13, 2010, 11:21:46 AM »

GL to everyone today!!!!!!

I know Wreck is playing TX and he always gets quiet before big games. GL - trust me you can do this. 

PDH's Auburn plays Georgia DAWGS

Cuz, Kiwi, GO, KTF, others...???

Anyway... healthy games, with good calls to everyone. 

We play KS another PPV game.  I am headed out of town to meet up with a dear friend to watch the game at a great steak house.  So I won't be peeking in this evening. 

GO SM TEAMS GO.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: November 13, 2010, 01:19:52 PM »

we have new construction in our neighborhood and they keep hitting our trunk lines  so internet has been in/out - in/out all week!

wreck - you are exactly right about Bryant and the presumption of guilt and not innocence. One would think someone/anyone would take ESPN and Feldman to task over this. They don't want to see these players succeed, just feed off them like vultures !!

Sharon - I'm watching your game in between working on stuff I need to get done and it looks like you're doing great thusfar, why on earth GT hired Grobe for defense I'll never understand. Whatever mojo he had earlier in his career has definitely gone bye-bye. I also tried writing you back via email three times and get kicked offline before I can ever get it sent. I'll try later - I actually typed up my post on notepad so that I could just cut and paste to get it off quickly so if this post appears just know I got lucky 

Did anyone see all three service academies will likely be bowl eligible? Can't remember the last year that happened....

PDH - I'll be watching and pulling for you. Thanks for posting the links to the Auburn nation video. I just am not sold on MSU being honest for what other 'issues' could they have had in the off-season to prohibit following up with requested discussions by the NCAA with their staff? They mention basketball ???? WTF ?????? It all angers me so much for I think it's increasingly apparent that the time lag was either second thoughts about what they were doing - or time to manufacture evidence or get their story straight. It also doesn't make sense that if Cam truly was going to the highest bidder, that this was never advanced to Stoops too. I mean if you're marketing a commodity you market to all, not just one. So I'm still pretty furious that the odor on all of this stinks.......I also saw that his older brother was cut from the Jaguars in training camp, which just means he was never getting rich in the NFL but trying to get his foot in the door. Just blows my mind how many assume every player in professional sports is making a killing.........

Cuz - thanks for the kudos for son, they have one more game which due to weather has now been postponed.........praying they can win it and finish with a stellar season. Belated Happy Birthday my friend and I expect Petrino will handle UTEP quick, hard, and fast 

Bean - hoping you pull off the win again today and good luck to all of our SM teams, we're pulling for the wins !! 

I continue to stand with the girl.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #859 on: November 13, 2010, 01:35:11 PM »

GL to everyone today!!!!!!

I know Wreck is playing TX and he always gets quiet before big games. GL - trust me you can do this. 

PDH's Auburn plays Georgia DAWGS

Cuz, Kiwi, GO, KTF, others...???

Anyway... healthy games, with good calls to everyone. 

We play KS another PPV game.  I am headed out of town to meet up with a dear friend to watch the game at a great steak house.  So I won't be peeking in this evening. 

GO SM TEAMS GO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.