March 19, 2024, 04:41:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1048559 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #940 on: November 25, 2010, 10:25:08 AM »

Well..well..well.....ESPN is about to be in BIG TROUBLE. It couldn't happen to a sleazier bunch.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-texastech-leach

I wouldn't be surprised if Cam Newton is soon to follow.

The Auburn-Alabama game is Friday at !:30 central time. This may be the biggest game in Auburn history.I need all the good football mojo y'all can send my way. 

wreck...I saw a show on your young man Hershel Simms. There's a documentary about him on World of Jenks on MTV. What an amazing kid. He just touched my heart.Is he playing, or did he get a redshirt?

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is still in HS -- will be here next year! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: November 25, 2010, 11:19:39 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

A&M vs TX tonight.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #942 on: November 25, 2010, 09:17:14 PM »

Well..well..well.....ESPN is about to be in BIG TROUBLE. It couldn't happen to a sleazier bunch.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-texastech-leach

I wouldn't be surprised if Cam Newton is soon to follow.

The Auburn-Alabama game is Friday at !:30 central time. This may be the biggest game in Auburn history.I need all the good football mojo y'all can send my way. 

wreck...I saw a show on your young man Hershel Simms. There's a documentary about him on World of Jenks on MTV. What an amazing kid. He just touched my heart.Is he playing, or did he get a redshirt?

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is still in HS -- will be here next year! 

Oh OK......it was filmed in 2009 so I thought he was already at OSU. He is such an awesome kid. I'm gonna follow his career. I hope he's a Heisman contender in a couple of years.

WOW.....everybody is picking Auburn to lose, and hoping that we do. There has been such an outpouring of hate this week it's almost hard to fathom. Lou Holtz threw an Auburn helmet across the set last Sat. and Auburn fans blew up the phone lines complaining about how disrespectful that was. He's just a slobbering old fool. And a hypocrit. He left 3 schools in trouble with the NCAA for violations while he was coaching. He cheated everywhere he went.
Auburn did not pay Cam Newton a dime, and all the issues are at MSU and STILL there are people on ESPN and CSS and Fox insinuating that Auburn and Cam are about to get hammered by the NCAA....not gonna happen.
Mark Schlabach just had someone email him and say what a good job he did with the Cam Newton story....what a joke. He has yet to get it right. His reporting has been full of misinformation and insinuations just like Pat Forde and that Schad jerk.
The LA Times had an article stating that Auburn should lose the Iron Bowl for the good of college football. WTH??? Cam and Auburn have done nothing wrong!
Cam is eligible to play. The bad guys are from Mississippi State University. That school is in trouble. Florida is in trouble. Cam did not have academic issues at Florida. Blinn College made a statement about Cam being totally clean academically when he transferred there from Florida. They would not have accepted him otherwise. But the media is not listening to the truth. They don't want to broadcast the truth because then they'd have to admit they reported a bunch of lies.
It is truly bizarre the way the hate has grown, fed by the media, just because Cam Newton is the best college player of his generation, and he happens to be at Auburn. I knew how sleazy ESPN and the media could be, but I have never seen anything so out of control as this .
I am totally disgusted by the media, and especially ESPN, Fox Sports and the New York Times. It's just shameful.

I hope Cam Newton's lawyer is taking note. Heads are gonna roll. He's already said he has Florida's address. I bet he has a few more.....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: November 25, 2010, 09:40:09 PM »

PDH... hang in there and remember that when no one says you can do it you fight harder.  It motivates.  The press - not just sportscasters - have all become ratings whores and are no classier than TMZ paps.  Bo Pelini was the target this week.  What is sad is they failed to mention in most cases the officiating which was the worst I have ever seen.  Even A&M fans came to our boards to apologize for it this week.  At this point all you guys can do is keep on winning and winning and winning. 

I know its hard to ignore it and it has to just kill you but trust me... most good college football fans know that those guys are full of it.  ESPN's glory days ended years ago.  You need for Kiffin to do something stupid and the attention will go there. ha.  Oops  Mark May just said Auburn will win!

Positive note - we are retiring #93 to honor Mr. Suh tomorrow.  Our hero is coming home for the occasion.  Should be fun. 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: November 25, 2010, 09:47:25 PM »

Wreck... OMG did you see Dr Lou give your team a pep talk for tomorrow?  LORD  I'm pretty sure Gundy will do better than that.   Monkey Devil!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #945 on: November 25, 2010, 09:55:54 PM »

Wreck... OMG did you see Dr Lou give your team a pep talk for tomorrow?  LORD  I'm pretty sure Gundy will do better than that.   Monkey Devil!
Yeth, I saw it. Kith of death!!!!   

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #946 on: November 25, 2010, 10:37:44 PM »

Wreck I was just watching Lou Holtz. Don't be too upset he could have done the same thing for OU. My dad had only a few comments, wasn't that the team we've watch a few times and they were very good!
Pdh- all I can say is try Nones cake and everything will be better. After a Michigan and AZ Cardnals weekend I thought I was going to blow a gasket. The idea of the cake really helped. AU has had a fab year. Even if it ends I've enjoyed watching and actually having a team I was rooting for win. Just saying I was in that same place last weekend.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #947 on: November 26, 2010, 12:26:27 PM »

PDH - son is onsite for the game and excited about the match-up. He called me earlier today and said it's not often you get to see such an emotionally charged game and it heightens everything, and that you cannot underestimate the emotions with the players - how they manage it and as Bean posted - if it raises your motivation and translates onto the field. His team is done for the season but they have a big combine on Monday - those of you here who know where he is will understand the importance of who will be there. So he flies back out tonight and back to work ! I'm just glad that after so many years of dedication as a player that he can sit in the stands and enjoy an epic match-up ! He's earned it.

Good luck to all the SM teams playing this week and I'm back to baking non-stop for the moment.

Thanks for the kudos on the cake, it was the kind of endeavor you're not sure you can make yours look as good as a real pasty chef but I think we did  Plus it was so tasty !!

This week I have an assortment of cookies, PDH grab a few before the game starts, although I'm a bit concerned about you having a sugar 'high' going into this !! 

Homemade raspberry/lemon curd tarts, signature shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate, lime rosettes, and cheesecake bars ! Something for everyone !

I continue to stand with the girl.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: November 26, 2010, 03:23:38 PM »

ROLL TIDE BABY!!! ... ROLL TIDE BABY!!! ... ROLL TIDE BABY!!!BCS Fiasco … What If Auburn & Oregon Lose While Boise St and TCU Win Out?

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/11/26/bcs-fiasco-what-if-auburn-oregen-lose-while-boise-st-and-tcu-win-out/
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: November 26, 2010, 03:26:34 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

A&M vs TX tonight.

Great win by the Aggies over the Long Horns. I miss the days of yore when they used to be able to do the bonfire. Sadly they had the disaster where the students were killed and put a major damper on the event.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #950 on: November 26, 2010, 05:36:18 PM »

Never thought I would ever see BAMA defense go gutless and give up a lead at home.

Bear Bryant just rolled over in his grave.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: November 26, 2010, 06:13:29 PM »

Dang I thought Alabama had this one for sure
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #952 on: November 26, 2010, 06:19:11 PM »

Red - I think Bama was not prepared for the adjustments that Auburn made during halftime but I also think the 'spirit' of the Auburn team perhaps had more perseverance? It was a battleground of a game and I think the score reflects how close the overall talent quotient was on both teams.

PDH - I guess Lou might have to eat some crow.....I also fear that the allegations will only heighten now that Auburn has won and possibly in the NC. Hold onto your hat, take a deep breath, this could continue to be a rocky ride. Enjoy the win 

Archie Manning is on the post-game show so hopefully this will be a realistic and respectful commentary.

Bean, obviously a win !! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: November 26, 2010, 07:47:02 PM »

WOW... we won with our 3rd string QB, without our star WR and punt returner, and our primary RG dinged... way to go Huskers.  You had Bo's back an I am so proud of you.

PDH Only saw the first hour and then highlights but enough to know how proud you should be.

Watching AZ vs OR now.  14 AZ OR 7 Missed the opening series. 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: November 26, 2010, 08:21:15 PM »

OK I have pretty much HAD IT with Beebee the Big 12-2 commissioner.  He is a total ahole.  They did not even bother to bring the Big 12 north trophy to the game because "they were scared".  For crying out loud.... Pelini and crew are all bark and no bite... like Nebraska is a risk to flipping 'hurt you' when you hand out a trophy.

So I guess there is no ceremony.. Beebee you are a weenie, a prick, and an absolute waste of human being. 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: November 26, 2010, 08:33:19 PM »

This has me just livid... I wasn't kidding... Beebe is a prick.  Quote:

Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe did not attend Friday’s game in Lincoln.

In fact, the Big 12 had no representatives present to honor Nebraska with a Big 12 North trophy after Nebraska's 45-17 victory over Colorado clinched the north title.
Why not?

“They didn’t think it would be safe to send somebody up,” Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne said, referencing some “nasty” e-mails the Big 12 said it had received from Nebraska fans. “That’s the word I got.”
Osborne added: “You can call Beebe and ask him.”

Give me a break... you ever been here?  LOL  Last thing you should worry about is handing us a trophy Dan.  You are as worthless as Aruban Law Enforcement.  Seriously.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #956 on: November 26, 2010, 09:58:26 PM »

Bean I agree, that's a ridiculous excuse not to deliver the trophy. Be proud of a win with so much adversity due to injuries and just know the naysayers will eat more crow soon!

son texted there was a lot of disappointed fans today and that McElroy has a concussion, not the shoulder injury the analysts related.

Klaas - your ducks are gaining momentum, expect they will slam the door shut further. Looks like your D is really shutting down Arizona's QB.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: November 26, 2010, 10:30:26 PM »

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #958 on: November 27, 2010, 02:12:40 AM »

Oregon and Auburn in Title Game! Boise loses to Nevada!!!! 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #959 on: November 27, 2010, 03:48:44 AM »

Never thought I would ever see BAMA defense go gutless and give up a lead at home.

Bear Bryant just rolled over in his grave.

Given the classless way Auburn was treated today at BDS....it could not have happened at a better place, and in the way it did.  WAR DAMN EAGLE!  I am really disappointed at all the tricks used by Bama. Not allowing a Tiger Walk? We had one anyway. And we had two pre-game Tiger Walks too,at the hotel,just because Bama tried to stop it.  Putting our Band up in the top of the stadium away from our fans? They just played louder. And we still did Rammer Jammer. Playing those songs over the PA that were insulting to Cam and his family? Just more motivation to win.
Selling those t-shirts about Cam? Another reason to win in Bama's house...Jordan-Hare West.

Whatever happened to good sportsmanship, and just letting the kids decide the game on the field? What college football has become is being showcased right now at Auburn's expense, and it's a very ugly picture.

I am so proud of this team. They have the whole sports world against them, and they refuse to lose. They have more guts and character than most of the adults around them.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.