March 28, 2024, 03:12:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049328 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 14, 2010, 07:44:35 AM »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 03:29:22 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 09:31:12 AM »

Season is almost here and Peaches you are thought of often.  You would be proud of how far your Huskers have come.  Just wanted you to know you are not forgotten.  You put up a big fight and gave encouragement to so many.

Here's to our beloved Peaches.   

GO BIG RED and love, Frijole
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 09:44:59 AM »

Always in our hearts, Peaches!   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 09:55:19 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlXDo5WhQXI?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/AlXDo5WhQXI?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 10:13:13 AM »

WOW TX MOM WOW.. That was great!!!  Thanks
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 10:57:09 AM »

Heres to Peaches!  an angelic monkey

Thanks to San for the new cage!

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 09:27:58 PM »

bean.......all because of you and none this started 5 years ago....still going strong and i love it! san...thanks for starting out this thread with remembrance of peaches...i know pd appreciates it as we all do!
texasmom....i loved that clip! usually not much of a country music fan but that was really a good song by kenny chesney!
knock on wood.....somehow our players have been on good behavior....just waiting for the other foot to drop!!
i don't care if the polls don't mean anything....it is nice to be mentioned in the top 20 at the beginning of the year...we don't get that very often! i hope mallett can bear up to the expectations that are being heaped on him!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 10:00:43 PM »

San thank you for reseting the cage!Peaches would be happy with the improving Huskers.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 02:50:38 AM »

Sasn - Thanks for the thread change! And thanks for including Peaches! I still can't think of her without a few tears. She touched my life in a profound way, and I will never forget her.

She would definitely be happy that the Huskers are back in the hunt!

cuz - I think Arky should be ranked. Good luck to your team this season...except that one game against AU. The Hawgs scare me.....because they have owned AU lately

texasmom - Thanks for the video! It's just perfect! Hope you'll hang around with us this year!

Kiwi...Are you laying in supplies? Rudi the cheerleading AU dog likes his treats, and I'm hoping we score a lot. Make sure we have a big bag of doggie goodies! He performs after each TD!

WAR EAGLE!!!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 02:53:13 AM »

Ugh!!!  I meant to type SAN!!!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 02:15:55 PM »

God Bless Peaches!My prayers go out to all our Monkey squads, that the injury bug stays away.One of our highley touted freshman running backs(Deontae Cooper) tore his ACL... ..He enrolled early in the spring time to get a head start, and looked great in spring and it carried over into Fall ball.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2012632136_uwfb16.html

Here's Deontae's youtube from Citrus Hill High School.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O8DBpj15AM

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »

To you Husker fans.Not sure if the news/rumors are making it your way in regards to our former TE Kavario Middleton transferring to Nebraska.Would be a nice pick up for Nebraska.Unfortunate that he couldn't keep things together at UW.If he cleans up is act,which I think Pellini will be great for that,He has the ability to be a first round NFL pick.While at Washington he was a TE with great hands,but wasn't much for blocking sotospeak!Most UW fans would like to see Kavario succeed at Nebrask, "If" that's where he lands.Not a bad kid.Just making some wrong decisions and with a change of scenery i think he'll mature a bit.Sometimes you need to get away from home,and those friends that don't have your best intersts!Scroll down the page a bit and you'll see a paragraph dedicated to it,as well as Condotta referencing his facebook saying he's going to Nebraska.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/index.html

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 09:26:49 PM »

KTF - yep he is coming to NU.  Just read about it.. a total surprise.  We have another player with the same last name so perhaps related.. not sure.  His high school coach said he needed to get away from "home" and the bad influences he had in high school.  If anyone has a no tolerance for drugs policy it is Bo.  He kicked our starting running back off the team last year for using pot.  Zero tolerance.  I just read Bo met with him and read him the rules and the kid is on a very short lease.  Hope he takes advantage of getting a 2nd chance.  If anyone can straighten him out its Bo!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 02:03:11 AM »

KTF - yep he is coming to NU.  Just read about it.. a total surprise.  We have another player with the same last name so perhaps related.. not sure.  His high school coach said he needed to get away from "home" and the bad influences he had in high school.  If anyone has a no tolerance for drugs policy it is Bo.  He kicked our starting running back off the team last year for using pot.  Zero tolerance.  I just read Bo met with him and read him the rules and the kid is on a very short lease.  Hope he takes advantage of getting a 2nd chance.  If anyone can straighten him out its Bo!

I don't believe there is a Husky fan that doesn't want to see Kavario succeed.From what I understand he truly is a great kid,caught up with some bad influences and,getting away should do the trick.I have spoken to his father a couple times after games,as I leave where the players tend to come out by the Legends center and they are GREAT people!I'm proud that Nebraska has embraced him and look forward to a native Washintonian return the blessings that he has been given.I do mean return the blessings on the field,as well as OFF the field.I trust that you'll keep me posted Frijole! an angelic monkey

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 02:10:18 AM »

On another note we just got a verbal commit from an instate kid who had offers from EVERY college in the country and the final two were TEXAS & WASHINGTON.He decided to stay home!You'll be hearing his name soon.....Austin Seferian-Jenkins  6-7/255/4.68 fourty...#3 TIGHT-END in the COUNTRY!Had offers from everybody in the country,and i do mean everybody.This just shows you what Coach Sark is doing up here in Seattle!!Maybe Peaches gave us one back for getting Middleton! an angelic monkey

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 07:17:03 AM »

I don't believe there is a Husky fan that doesn't want to see Kavario succeed.From what I understand he truly is a great kid,caught up with some bad influences and,getting away should do the trick.I have spoken to his father a couple times after games,as I leave where the players tend to come out by the Legends center and they are GREAT people!I'm proud that Nebraska has embraced him and look forward to a native Washintonian return the blessings that he has been given.I do mean return the blessings on the field,as well as OFF the field.I trust that you'll keep me posted Frijole! an angelic monkey

From today's Lincoln paper... he is quoted:

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2010/08/17/football/doc4c69fdead4ace491581489.txt

His position coach, Ron Brown is one HELL of a coach and person.  He worked for Tom Osborne for decades.  He is very intense and very religious.  The young men LOVE him.  He couldn't be in better hands.  Hopefully he wants to change.  I laughed when he said Bo had him on a short leash.  So you know Bo was straight up with him.  Will keep you posted KTF. 

Ironically our only player that didn't make it from this year's recruits was a TE that failed academically... so we were lucky also.  Weird that you just landed a TE... Yep... Peaches... an angelic monkey
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 01:43:59 PM »

From today's Lincoln paper... he is quoted:

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2010/08/17/football/doc4c69fdead4ace491581489.txt

His position coach, Ron Brown is one HELL of a coach and person.  He worked for Tom Osborne for decades.  He is very intense and very religious.  The young men LOVE him.  He couldn't be in better hands.  Hopefully he wants to change.  I laughed when he said Bo had him on a short leash.  So you know Bo was straight up with him.  Will keep you posted KTF. 

Ironically our only player that didn't make it from this year's recruits was a TE that failed academically... so we were lucky also.  Weird that you just landed a TE... Yep... Peaches... an angelic monkey
Thanks for the article Frijole!Now let's pray that Peaches brings us two teams that are undefeated come Sept 18th.That'll be a BIG time game nationally for both programs.So glad to see we've renewed the rivalry from years ago.It's a good one!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 08:02:55 PM »

KTF - Thought you'd like this.  He was interviewed by a radio station here.  Link to audio.  Haven't figured out if related but we have a player named Lazzari Middleton and he's from Long Beach CA. 

Audio: Kavario Middleton on his decision to attend Nebraska
-Sounds like a nice young man who is grateful for a second chance....

--Bo was no-nonsense with him and told him what would it take to play at Nebraska.....

--Walk-on to earn a scholarship in Jan. 2011 if he meets all of the requirements Bo put down for him.....he is okay with walking-on.....will be in Lincoln late this week...

--Talked to alot of schools...(I've read Miami & Tennessee among others were interested in him)....

--Excited and ready to play at Nebraska....

--He believes Nebraska will have a huge challenge against Washington in Seattle....said Coach Sark is changing the culture in Seattle....

--Did not bad mouth Washington at all....(that says a lot to me)

http://1620thezone.com/play_window.p...udioId=4871500
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 10:17:18 PM »

The US News annual rankings of Universities was just released. During all this "Conference re-alignment" hub-bub this past spring/summer, Oklahoma State was always ridiculed for being "unranked - tier 3" in our rankings (last year). Our new ranking is #132 - Tier1 !! We are getting there slowly but surely. Much credit goes to our school President who has emabarked on a $1 billion foundation fund raising campaign. We have raised over $600 million in under a year's time!

Here's the link to see how your schools are matching up!!

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-universities-rankings/

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 10:19:27 PM »

The US News annual rankings of Universities was just released. During all this "Conference re-alignment" hub-bub this past spring/summer, Oklahoma State was always ridiculed for being "unranked - tier 3" in our rankings (last year). Our new ranking is #132 - Tier1 !! We are getting there slowly but surely. Much credit goes to our school President who has emabarked on a $1 billion foundation fund raising campaign. We have raised over $600 million in under a year's time!

Here's the link to see how your schools are matching up!!

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-universities-rankings/
I should REALLY use spell check - my typos do not inspire confidence in my grammar!!  Monkey Devil!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.