March 28, 2024, 02:32:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049317 times)
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2010, 09:48:39 AM »

i saw it none......it is hilarious!.....saban and brown start out playing JENGA....the espn guy(forgot his name) comes by and says he use to be an expert at jenga but proceeds to tumble the tower.....so then brown pulls out the hungry hippos....saban and bron bump fists and says it's on!!

i saw most of the last half of the lsu/unc game....very entertaining!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2010, 10:07:59 AM »

i saw it none......it is hilarious!.....saban and brown start out playing JENGA....the espn guy(forgot his name) comes by and says he use to be an expert at jenga but proceeds to tumble the tower.....so then brown pulls out the hungry hippos....saban and bron bump fists and says it's on!!

Heh Cuz!  Good to see you.  How's the new job going?  Go Piggies! 
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2010, 10:46:03 AM »

Yes and interesting beginning week.  I am sure we are in for a real rolller coaster ride over the next few months.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2010, 10:57:13 AM »

OK....so who's watching Va Tech and Boise St. tonight?

Go Hokies!

Congrats also to ECU for the win on a Hail Mary pass! That was fun to see.

Wreck....watch out for Troy. Occasionally they can be a spoiler....just ask Missouri. 

Auburn plays Mississippi State Thurs. night. Kiwi....will the Dawg House be open? I'm checking my Xanax supply. Dan Mullen has rejuvenated the Bulldogs and they are a real threat again.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2010, 11:07:55 AM »

OK....so who's watching Va Tech and Boise St. tonight?

Go Hokies!

Congrats also to ECU for the win on a Hail Mary pass! That was fun to see.

Wreck....watch out for Troy. Occasionally they can be a spoiler....just ask Missouri. 

Auburn plays Mississippi State Thurs. night. Kiwi....will the Dawg House be open? I'm checking my Xanax supply. Dan Mullen has rejuvenated the Bulldogs and they are a real threat again.

The game today looks to be a good one... I hope to be able to catch some of it.   Need a nap though....

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2010, 02:50:26 PM »

GO HOKIES!

Look what I found!  An ear of corn 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2010, 07:21:40 PM »

Bean 

Well I'm watching the Hokies vs the blue corn !

pdh - it was quite a hail mary but glad to see the pirates have a better qb that can throw it high. I'm not worried about the tigers this week, truly I think you'll have a relatively easy win.

this is a piggie ?  what did I miss? 

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2010, 08:46:41 PM »

Good golly, if ya'll aren't watching the Boise State game then you're missing quite a show !!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2010, 09:58:02 PM »

Bean 

Well I'm watching the Hokies vs the blue corn !

pdh - it was quite a hail mary but glad to see the pirates have a better qb that can throw it high. I'm not worried about the tigers this week, truly I think you'll have a relatively easy win.

this is a piggie ?  what did I miss? 
The joke is on me.. last year we were talking about how we needed a hawg and that icon showed up... without paying much attention.. tee hee... i proclaimed it the Arkansas razorback.. and that is how we got the cute little jiggly pink pig. 

yes... am watching the game... am really surprised at Boise State.  Holy moly they shocked the heck out of VA Tech at the beginning of the game.  Glad VA Tech is fighting back.   
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2010, 01:38:45 AM »

Well another 2 minutes and VT would have been ahead. Congrad to BS. The real question, should I buy tickets to the NC Bowl game here in AZ? Looking at the next twelve or so games for Boise St, except for Oregon St we have one side of the Championship game.Some how that doesn't seem right for the top 20 teams that are left to play out after week one.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2010, 06:10:51 AM »

Kiwi that is why I was rooting for Va Tech.  Boise State's remaining schedule looks like everyone else's season openers.  Every week.  Cupcake after cupcake.  Hard to get respect with that schedule no matter how good you are.  I would be the coach's poll will reflect that.  If BS has any falters, even if they win, you can bet they'll lose votes.

We already have BCS madness at week 2. 
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2010, 07:22:25 AM »

Good golly, if ya'll aren't watching the Boise State game then you're missing quite a show !!

sent reply to your e-mail

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #172 on: September 07, 2010, 09:36:18 AM »

don't start the new job til Oct 4th bean! love the corn!!! (it says banana)
yep....none...i have 2 mascots now!
very interesting game last night....not much defense but very entertaining! boise state may have an easy schedule but remember they have done well in their bowl games.
ark plays univ of louisiana monroe sat in little rock....a warm up before alabama the following week!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2010, 09:46:33 AM »

Kiwi that is why I was rooting for Va Tech.  Boise State's remaining schedule looks like everyone else's season openers.  Every week.  Cupcake after cupcake.  Hard to get respect with that schedule no matter how good you are.  I would be the coach's poll will reflect that.  If BS has any falters, even if they win, you can bet they'll lose votes.

We already have BCS madness at week 2. 

I was pulling for the Hokies for the same reason. But I was afraid they'd lose, and they did.

I like Va. Tech.....but they are over-ranked every single year. Ever since the Michael Vick years they have been ranked higher than they should be, and they help boost another team up in the polls because they lose their opener to that team. Va Tech is a good team but not a # 10, and they never were even before last night. Their defense is awful, and it's what lost them the game. Boise State will benefit from what happened to Auburn in 2004 without earning it because they really don't play a tough schedule. If they go undefeated now...they'll be in the BCS because ESPN wants it that way. The media hype has begun along with the whining.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2010, 10:04:58 AM »

don't start the new job til Oct 4th bean! love the corn!!! (it says banana)
yep....none...i have 2 mascots now!
very interesting game last night....not much defense but very entertaining! boise state may have an easy schedule but remember they have done well in their bowl games.
ark plays univ of louisiana monroe sat in little rock....a warm up before alabama the following week!

Hey cuz! I believe you can take Bama......if your defense can get to McElroy. He's not very mobile, and he does throw a few picks under pressure. 

I think I need a Tiger . That hello kitty is not quite right.....

What did y'all think of Va Tech's new uniforms? I thought that all black was very intimidating. They need the defense to go with it...

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2010, 10:29:38 AM »

Well the season is on, one can tell from all the comments 

Even ESPN was discussing how rabid the debate will be around the Boise cupcake schedule and honestly I was shocked VT's defense didn't get their game on sooner. Foster has been the DC for Beamer for many years and even ESPN was stating how good he is? I don't feel qualified to comment for due to son, I know more about offensive strategies than defensive ones.

I liked the black helmets but I surely didn't like those orange cleats  Monkey Devil!

Kiwi - buy some tickets for you can always sell them, even online. I can email you where to find those types of exchanges to sell tickets.

GO - replied to your email my friend

Cuz - you're going to have a tremendous season with your QB Mallet.......last night I was thinking just watching the first week of games ( not all but some) that this might well be the year of the QB for so many teams?

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2010, 10:43:10 AM »

I received an email this week that is heartbreaking.......

Our friend and fellow poster BigOrangeCrush lost his son to a sudden death recently. I know Bean has often asked about him and he's BigOrange due to his allegiance to UT. That said, they still don't have all of the medical answers regarding what caused his son's death yet but I know all of you share in the sympathy and prayers we want to send out to his family during this most difficult time. God bless each of them.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2010, 11:38:16 AM »

I am so very saddened by that news, none. Thanks for letting us know. I will have BOC and his family in my prayers.

Gosh that really is terrible.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2010, 11:48:02 AM »

Well the season is on, one can tell from all the comments 

Even ESPN was discussing how rabid the debate will be around the Boise cupcake schedule and honestly I was shocked VT's defense didn't get their game on sooner. Foster has been the DC for Beamer for many years and even ESPN was stating how good he is? I don't feel qualified to comment for due to son, I know more about offensive strategies than defensive ones.

I liked the black helmets but I surely didn't like those orange cleats  Monkey Devil!

Kiwi - buy some tickets for you can always sell them, even online. I can email you where to find those types of exchanges to sell tickets.

GO - replied to your email my friend

Cuz - you're going to have a tremendous season with your QB Mallet.......last night I was thinking just watching the first week of games ( not all but some) that this might well be the year of the QB for so many teams?

Great defense is very unpopular right now. It's more about a showy kind of offense and big scores. Not that anyone can tell.....but I'm not a big fan of that kind of inbalance....

I think it makes games very boring when all they do is run up and down the field with very little resistance. It's kind of a fad that came in with the spread offense....which is compensation for teams with a mild-mannered defense. Defense is not as important if you have a team that puts 50 points on the board. Protect the blindside, and that's about it. That's what we see everywhere now. Yawn....I prefer more of a challenge.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2010, 11:51:56 AM »

Dang...I forgot to add this link...

Looks like Reggie Bush is no longer a Heisman Trophy winner. I'm glad they took it away from him, but the moment for the other candidates has been lost. What a total disgrace all the way around.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/09/07/report-reggie-bush-to-have-heismann-trophy-stripped/?icid=main|main|dl1|sec3_lnk1|168867

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.