March 28, 2024, 03:22:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049332 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #240 on: September 10, 2010, 09:29:11 PM »

Marshall beating the crap out of W VA?  Who'd have thunk it?

Hate to say it but I was actually right when I cracked the joke about Coach Snyder going to a doc.  Only update I have seen is quote: "an overreaction by a nurse who saw Coach Snyder come in with some relatively minor discomfort in his chest, or something to that effect. Everything's still remaining kind of sketchy right now".

All I could think of was HIPPA!    As many of those damn forms as I've had to sign... that is why I didn't use his name originally.  I was skeered.

Does Matthew McConaughey still coach Marshall?? 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: September 10, 2010, 09:33:46 PM »

I wish!  I'd be glued to the set instead of sitting here with the game on in another room.  Glad to know I'm not the only one watching.

Big day tomorrow - I have 3 soccer games in the am: 4 yr old, 6 yr old and then 9 yr old.  2 people I work with are getting married and they planned their wedding around football schedule but the IDIOT that planned a WEDDING SHOWER to start in the middle of a Husker game needs to be shot!!!  Its at a golf club house.  I am going to the shower early and having lunch at the club and watching the game.  I will drop off my present and watch her open it.  Then I will go back to the club and watch the res of the game.  Is that rude?  Monkey Devil!

Then I will speed home to watch the rest of the awesome games on TV!!!     I love football.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »

Good Luck to everyone on Saturday! I am relieved that we have our game in the bag. I can enjoy tomorrow a little more.

WDE!!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2010, 09:17:37 AM »

IT IS GAME DAY!

Good luck to every one today!  Some great games on.  How bout that Marshall game last night?  I was really rooting for the men in green... they just didn't have enough in the tank to keep it up or they would have won.  Dang. 

HONOR THOSE WHO SERVE and those fallen heroes from 9-11.  RIP

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2010, 03:28:34 PM »

Congrats to GO's Badgers on win #2 ! Clay really is a playmaker!

Bean, looks like your Huskers are going to have a slam dunk win, how happy are you?

Just watched the end of the UGA vs SC game and ole visor man looked pretty happy at the end.

Cuz, you should be okay next week for sure now, UGA has some real issues to work through beyond not having AJ Green this week.

I hope everyone is having a fun football weekend, son's game is later so keeping my fingers and toes crossed for them. Had my first long conversation with him last night and he sounded really tired, but shared some stories from the last game - seems that there was one official that he tangled with throughout the game. I asked him how many times he puffed up his chest and/or threw down his hat 

Please send his team some good mojo for the win !

I continue to stand with the girl.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: September 11, 2010, 04:13:18 PM »

Kansas sure recovered from their embarassing loss last week! 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: September 11, 2010, 04:46:24 PM »

So much for Boise State's impressive win over Va Tech.............................James Madison 21 -- Va Tech 16   

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #247 on: September 11, 2010, 07:05:05 PM »

Agreed about Kansas and sure didn't see JMU coming to knock off VT  I bet there are some mighty angry fans in Blacksburg !

Watching kiwi's team with a little over a minute left to win it? Red's team is in gold.....

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #248 on: September 11, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »

Well Michigan pulled that off without a defense. Denard Robinson the QB carried for 258 yards and 2TD, One for 87yards second longest in ND history. He passed for 244 yards and went 24-40 on pass completion, combined for 502 yards offense. I couldn't find the total yards for the team numbers yet. If they can learn this defense by the end of the year we may give the other OSU a run for the last game. Last I checked our OSU  was beating Troy.
I'll get right on fixing that TV after that play that put ND up at the 3min mark or so.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: September 11, 2010, 08:39:58 PM »

Well Michigan pulled that off without a defense. Denard Robinson the QB carried for 258 yards and 2TD, One for 87yards second longest in ND history. He passed for 244 yards and went 24-40 on pass completion, combined for 502 yards offense. I couldn't find the total yards for the team numbers yet. If they can learn this defense by the end of the year we may give the other OSU a run for the last game. Last I checked our OSU  was beating Troy.
I'll get right on fixing that TV after that play that put ND up at the 3min mark or so.
WAS! Troy 27 OSU 20 at half! 

We had a 100 yard kick-off return called back. Fumbled twice in our own end and gave up a 100 yard kick-off return to Troy ourselves. Troy has 149 yards total offense and 27 points in the first half! GEEEEESH!!!!!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #250 on: September 11, 2010, 08:53:09 PM »

Kiwi - I was actually able to watch the last quarter of your game.  Had to laugh - your QB is all over the Husker Boards.  All saying this guy is a stud and we can't wait to play him.  That was a great come from behind - though frankly your D shouldn't have allowed ND to even be in the game... but you know that.  Hopefully they will progress and give that poor QB a break. 

Lots of good games today and lots of surprise upsets.  Yeah.  Wow to both Kansas win as well as the VA TECH loss.  Boise State BCS bid hurt by this for sure.

Last week our O led the way and D was suspect.  This week our D played unreal - two defensive touchdowns off of interceptions.  (the Utah QB is on several watch lists - a good player)  4 or 5 sacks.  Love our defense - it is so fun to watch.  Our O made some mistakes that need to be cleaned up if we are to play in Washington next week. 

Watching a bit of the TX vs Wyoming game... not impressed at all with TX so far.  Actually shocked.  Wyoming was up towards the end of the 2nd qtr and TX had only been able to score a couple field goals.  I'd like to see them come to Lincoln undefeated but they play TTech next week.  I think the new O strategy of running is hurting them.

TN beating up on the Ducks?!!!  Strange season huh?

Wreck.. they'll get it together and win.. pre season games can be fickle.

Saw Cuz is winning also and GO's team got a W today.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: September 11, 2010, 10:09:12 PM »

Congrats to Bean and to wreck on your wins !! 

Kiwi, looks like RR just re-secured his job 

Cuz, looks like Arkansas has a lock-down for a win !! 

Don't know if any of you are watching the Penn St/Bama game and I had to feel for Bolden being a true freshman but I think he will have a bright future. As for Richardson the RB golly gee, do they even need Ingram now? Julio looks a lot better than last season but my oh my, I do love McElroy. Son texted with him about a week ago just before his Rhodes scholar interview and none of us are surprised by his continued excellence. You could never meet a finer young man but so glad to see him pound his chest in leadership and play so well tonight. He has always been such a good friend to son even post son's transfer.

I think I have a serious momma crush 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: September 11, 2010, 10:11:24 PM »

Don't know if any of you are watching the Penn St/Bama game and I had to feel for Bolden being a true freshman but I think he will have a bright future. As for Richardson the RB golly gee, do they even need Ingram now? Julio looks a lot better than last season but my oh my, I do love McElroy. Son texted with him about a week ago just before his Rhodes scholar interview and none of us are surprised by his continued excellence. You could never meet a finer young man but so glad to see him pound his chest in leadership and play so well tonight. He has always been such a good friend to son even post son's transfer.

Uhhhhh... we are still playing! 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: September 11, 2010, 10:31:42 PM »

Whooooooooooooooooooo!  We win 41-38. 5 turnovers and 140 yards in penalties.   

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: September 11, 2010, 10:37:57 PM »

Oh yes.......... you won't believe this : we actually fumbled (and lost the ball) in victory formation with 30 seconds left!!!  Somehow, we forced them to fumble back to us on the next play!!!

(Our QB had a sprained thumb all week - but, Jeebus!!!)

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2010, 11:58:42 PM »

Wreck I think None helped you by predicting the win. Wow I thought the UM -ND game was crazy, but I think you take the extreme crazy award today. But congrads its still a win.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2010, 12:11:15 AM »

I am so very saddened by that news, none. Thanks for letting us know. I will have BOC and his family in my prayers.

Gosh that really is terrible.

[/quote

Monkeys- Thanks for all the kinds words and prayers. It has been real difficult month, My son Dean was to take over my businesses in October. We had just returned from a business trip to Miami. I stopped his apartment and found him in the floor.

If you would like to see the fine person he was go to  Morris Baker Funeral site www.morrisbaker.com and click on the video link.

Our Vols were tied with Oregon at half, but they blew us away the second half.

Thanks BOC
]

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2010, 12:14:12 AM »

not really a lock down none! but, we will take it!!!
it was only 7 to 0 at halftime and ended up 31 t to 7! our defense was awesome the whole game except for 1 late 4th quarter drive but still held them to under 200 yard total offense.
our offense was out of sync the first half but got it rolling(kudos to ulm's strange defense that caused the confusion at first).....mallett ended up 65% completion rate for 400 yards, 3 passing td's, 1 rushing td and 1 int!

dang....georgia is going to be hot after losing to s.carollina...and we have to play them in athens! guess we find out if we are for real next sat. will be out of pocket all next week....but will be thinking of you guys and watching football sat.....wishing everybody success!!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2010, 12:35:31 AM »

wreck with OSU so far ahead I assumed you would win buddy and in this instance I think it was an accurate prediction

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2010, 12:38:28 AM »

I am so very saddened by that news, none. Thanks for letting us know. I will have BOC and his family in my prayers.

Gosh that really is terrible.

[/quote

Monkeys- Thanks for all the kinds words and prayers. It has been real difficult month, My son Dean was to take over my businesses in October. We had just returned from a business trip to Miami. I stopped his apartment and found him in the floor.

If you would like to see the fine person he was go to  Morris Baker Funeral site www.morrisbaker.com and click on the video link.

Our Vols were tied with Oregon at half, but they blew us away the second half.

Thanks BOC
]

BOC ((( HUGS )))

As I wrote to you in my email, the video tribute is so very touching. You lost a most wonderful son but his life was full of love and support from his family. God bless each of you as you push forward from this loss.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.