March 29, 2024, 08:45:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049744 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2010, 12:41:53 AM »

not really a lock down none! but, we will take it!!!
it was only 7 to 0 at halftime and ended up 31 t to 7! our defense was awesome the whole game except for 1 late 4th quarter drive but still held them to under 200 yard total offense.
our offense was out of sync the first half but got it rolling(kudos to ulm's strange defense that caused the confusion at first).....mallett ended up 65% completion rate for 400 yards, 3 passing td's, 1 rushing td and 1 int!

dang....georgia is going to be hot after losing to s.carollina...and we have to play them in athens! guess we find out if we are for real next sat. will be out of pocket all next week....but will be thinking of you guys and watching football sat.....wishing everybody success!!

cuz is AJ Green back next game? I have no idea how long his suspension is but he deserved it for selling his jersey - what a stupid thing to do. Word is someone connected to the UNC fiasco actually purchased it from him. More word out today that John Blake is really at the center of the agent pay-off's to players.......but the tentacles have reached all across the SEC with the exception of a few - including your Hawgs which I know you're grateful for.

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2010, 04:28:56 AM »

I am so very saddened by that news, none. Thanks for letting us know. I will have BOC and his family in my prayers.

Gosh that really is terrible.

[/quote

Monkeys- Thanks for all the kinds words and prayers. It has been real difficult month, My son Dean was to take over my businesses in October. We had just returned from a business trip to Miami. I stopped his apartment and found him in the floor.

If you would like to see the fine person he was go to  Morris Baker Funeral site www.morrisbaker.com and click on the video link.

Our Vols were tied with Oregon at half, but they blew us away the second half.

Thanks BOC
]

BOC - We have you and your family in our thoughts. Your son was indeed a fine young man, and I know you will miss him. That video was a beautiful tribute, and it honored your son well.
God Bless You.

Your Vols now have a pretty talented guy as the new coach. I think TN. is well on it's way back. I was pulling for the Vols tonight, but it was a rough one. I still think Dooley will pull out a good season for TN anyway.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2010, 04:42:14 AM »

Oh yes.......... you won't believe this : we actually fumbled (and lost the ball) in victory formation with 30 seconds left!!!  Somehow, we forced them to fumble back to us on the next play!!!

(Our QB had a sprained thumb all week - but, Jeebus!!!)

Troy is a very fine team, with a spectacular coach who came from Auburn to Troy after Pat Dye stepped down as head coach. I knew they'd be tough. Congrats on the win!

Also congrats to Kiwi. cuz, GO and Beans!!!  The SM bunch had a pretty good week.

South Carolina looked very good. Their RB Marcus Lattimore is the real deal. Auburn recruited him heavily, but he's a So. Carolina kid who wanted to stay close to home.

I knew Va. Tech was not a very good team. I wasn't surprised by their loss today. They may lose more games as the season goes on. They have no defense and a young QB1. Boise St. has no place being ranked #1. I'm not sure they're even a top 10 team.

The FL. Gators have found their game at last, and they looked really good today.

Penn State was another over ranked team, and I thought they had no chance against Bama. That was a very boring game.

Congratulations to Turner Gill and the Jayhawks. I hope he is very successful there.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2010, 10:00:43 AM »

Oh yes.......... you won't believe this : we actually fumbled (and lost the ball) in victory formation with 30 seconds left!!!  Somehow, we forced them to fumble back to us on the next play!!!

(Our QB had a sprained thumb all week - but, Jeebus!!!)
Season is early... get the bonehead plays out of the way now... we had our share also.  Didn't get your game but read about the last series... whew. 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2010, 10:04:48 AM »

I am so very saddened by that news, none. Thanks for letting us know. I will have BOC and his family in my prayers.

Gosh that really is terrible.

[/quote

Monkeys- Thanks for all the kinds words and prayers. It has been real difficult month, My son Dean was to take over my businesses in October. We had just returned from a business trip to Miami. I stopped his apartment and found him in the floor.

If you would like to see the fine person he was go to  Morris Baker Funeral site www.morrisbaker.com and click on the video link.

Our Vols were tied with Oregon at half, but they blew us away the second half.

Thanks BOC
]

BOC - thanks for stopping by.  Will check out that video and have no doubt he was a fine fine man.  This has to be the toughest possible thing for you to deal with and I can only send you strength and warm wishes as you deal with such a huge loss.  I am so very sorry.  One day at a time friend.  Huge hugs, Frijole
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2010, 10:10:15 AM »

Oregon came on STRONG in the 2nd half.  Weird game.  Wonder what was going on first half?  TN does look to be in good hands.  It will take a couple years to get over "kiffin gate". 

Likewise TX came back pretty good.  But boy do they miss their QB and WR duo.  That game was just boring.  Perhaps they are saving the good stuff for conference play. 

Lots of wins yesterday!  Of the games I watched, most impressed with improvement at Michigan.  Hope their D can step it up in future games.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2010, 02:27:18 PM »

Reactions to OSU fumbling snap in "Victory Formation":

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=102051

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #267 on: September 12, 2010, 03:07:23 PM »

Reactions to OSU fumbling snap in "Victory Formation":

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=102051

wreck....

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #269 on: September 12, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »

wreck 

This is the latest on the UNC connection to AJGreen of UGA's suspension

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/voices/blogpost/8268508/

Cuz, Green is out for FOUR games so you won't have that dynamic to deal with this week   

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »

oh and son's team won again but he said his boys didn't play well so I told him momma coach says 30 hills !!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2010, 08:56:23 PM »

Yeah Nascar.  Keep riding em hard.  Perfection pays.

You guys remember the Missouri captain a couple weeks ago that got kicked off the team after being accused of sexual assault?  Keep in mind this kid went to the Big 12 media days to represent the school and everyone said he was a quiet kid never in trouble.... well .... arrested again... same accusation... different woman...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5564641
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2010, 10:05:10 PM »

KTF - Where ARE you?!!!  Come on out and play.    We miss your chat and articles... and besides...

We got a big game coming up this week!  Should be a good one.  Nailbiter for sure.
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2010, 11:12:50 PM »

My Vols were beat by a superior team even tho we were tied at half 13-13. We have no depth and Oregon had waves of quick players. We just ran out of gas. The back breaker was when the Ducks had scored and were up 20-13 and we were driving and we had a 80 yard interception return.

Several monkeys have ask about how I liked Kiffin. My opinion is that he was a brash West Coast guy and he rubbed most of The Old School Southerners the wrong way. He said he was trying to bring attention to the program. I think it was the wrong way to bring attention. I can not blame him for taking his dream job. It just at a time that destroyed the Vols recruiting before Dooley could get on track. I think Dooley will do a fine job if Vol fans will give him 4 years.

Everyone needs to refresh me with which college teams they support. I know of you support several. Maybe your top 3.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2010, 11:59:34 PM »

My Vols were beat by a superior team even tho we were tied at half 13-13. We have no depth and Oregon had waves of quick players. We just ran out of gas. The back breaker was when the Ducks had scored and were up 20-13 and we were driving and we had a 80 yard interception return.

Several monkeys have ask about how I liked Kiffin. My opinion is that he was a brash West Coast guy and he rubbed most of The Old School Southerners the wrong way. He said he was trying to bring attention to the program. I think it was the wrong way to bring attention. I can not blame him for taking his dream job. It just at a time that destroyed the Vols recruiting before Dooley could get on track. I think Dooley will do a fine job if Vol fans will give him 4 years.

Everyone needs to refresh me with which college teams they support. I know of you support several. Maybe your top 3.
BOC -- I think ALL of us are unanimous in wishing ill well on Kiffen!  Monkey Devil!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #275 on: September 13, 2010, 12:03:03 AM »

on second thought -- I think it is "ill will". 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #276 on: September 13, 2010, 01:15:54 AM »

Yeah Nascar.  Keep riding em hard.  Perfection pays.

You guys remember the Missouri captain a couple weeks ago that got kicked off the team after being accused of sexual assault?  Keep in mind this kid went to the Big 12 media days to represent the school and everyone said he was a quiet kid never in trouble.... well .... arrested again... same accusation... different woman...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5564641

You and son are so much alike Bean, just two weeks ago he called and gave me a dissertation on how his players just had not learned that anything less than perfection isn't enough? I told him not to be so hard on them 

As for the low-life Missouri captain I hope they lock him up and throw away the key! Jeez that's so disheartening to know a supposed team leader would do this twice???

We had some irony tonight, after all of my posts about UNC's issues currently.........daughter and I went to the japanese steak house for dinner after working all weekend.........ended up sitting at the grill table with the 'stars' on the UNC women's basketball team? One male football player too but I have to say they were all mature, friendly and lovely people. The flip side of all the negatives are all the talented and committed players that day-in and day-out work hard and do their best. We promised to make a couple of games, they said UConn is going to be their toughest challenge this season.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #277 on: September 13, 2010, 01:19:08 AM »

I watched and was pulling for your Vols. I knew Dooley's father and if he's anything like him you will be in good hands.

BOC , Bean is a Nebraska husker, kiwi is a Michigan fan, cuz is arkansas  , wreck is OSU, PDH is Auburn and you know son's two alma maters and now I can enjoy pulling for LOTS of teams 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #278 on: September 13, 2010, 07:24:36 AM »

Heh None - here's some material for son:

The coaching legend John Wooden once said, "Perfection is an impossibility but striving for perfection is not." Pelini offered his take on the matter when he met with his linebackers before Saturday's game.

"They say you shouldn't coach perfection because it's a road to failure, because nobody is perfect. The people who say that are losers," Pelini said

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: September 13, 2010, 07:27:49 AM »

BOC - good to have you back and thanks for your opinion on Lame.  In hindsight UT is lucky he left so fast... the turnaround will be faster.  We let Clownahan destroy our foundation and oh the string of records that were lost.  I am sure he will never return to our state.  Too dangerous Monkey Devil!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.