March 28, 2024, 09:01:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049410 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2010, 11:36:54 AM »

beans - I don't know if this makes you feel any better......but the subject of which stadium is the loudest has a lot of debate going on....

Very interesting that a few places like LSU, Florida, Georgia, Ohio State,Oregon, Auburn, PSU and Va Tech are mentioned in several articles.
My vote is for LSU. It's so loud down there that your ears literally ring for hours afterward.

Washington had the loudest game ever reccorded. But beans...there is hope. It was just that one game....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/324403-top-5-loudest-and-most-intimidating-college-football-stadiums#page/1

http://forums.sportingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2213702

http://www.middletownjournal.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/throughthearch/entries/2010/09/09/the_top_ten_loudest_stadiums_i.html

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/The_Top_10_Toughest_Places_to_Play_in_College_Football

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-loudest-college-football-stadium-in-the-country

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_loudest_college_football_stadium

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2010, 01:44:37 PM »

A TON of Nebraskans move/retire to Washington, Oregon and California.  I am not reading we could have as many as 25,000 fans there.  The stadium only holds 72000 so the noise will work both ways!  One fan who went to the NU game at VA Tech last year decided to purchase $10,000 worth of tickets and sell them exclusively to NU fans.  He bought them LAST YEAR.  The ticket office at Seattle said people starting asking to buy tickets in 2007.  Monkey Devil!

It always tickles me how we travel.. the players get a kick out of it too.  Its like "they are everywhere". ha 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2010, 02:50:47 PM »

I see a swarm of fans wearing red....entering that stadium and taking over like a plague of locusts...

I wonder if KTF will be there?  We need some Husky talk!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »

Bean when the swarm comes to Ann Arbor,  the tailgate stuff is not like ASU.  There is very little parking at the stadium directly. 113,000 plus parks on the side streets up to half a mile away and walks. Kind of fun when just a few turns into tens of thousands as you get closer. Noise doesn't seem to be a big factor there.  The bowl seems to not hold sound well or the crowd just doesn't yell unless there is a TD. When you get closer to going I can suggest some places to stay and eat.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2010, 09:15:16 PM »

Bean when the swarm comes to Ann Arbor,  the tailgate stuff is not like ASU.  There is very little parking at the stadium directly. 113,000 plus parks on the side streets up to half a mile away and walks. Kind of fun when just a few turns into tens of thousands as you get closer. Noise doesn't seem to be a big factor there.  The bowl seems to not hold sound well or the crowd just doesn't yell unless there is a TD. When you get closer to going I can suggest some places to stay and eat.
Cool!  Thank you.  Looking forward to it. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2010, 09:24:34 PM »

I used to travel to Detroit a lot so one time I hopped over to Ann Arbor. When you see the stadium on TV for so many years, you do not realize that it is completely below ground level. I drove up thinking I would see a towering edifice -- but, I got out of the car and peeked down an entrance ramp to see the HUGE stadium below me!! Impressive! 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: September 15, 2010, 09:44:37 PM »

So who is attending their team's games this weekend?

WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: September 15, 2010, 10:17:39 PM »

How many are sitting at home lounging in their comfy chairs watching the game?

raises hand.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: September 15, 2010, 10:27:11 PM »

raises hand.

What game?

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: September 15, 2010, 10:28:36 PM »

raises hand.

What game?

Okay, I'm dense -- you mean the games this weekend! Ithought I was missing a game tonight! (they play almost every night these  days!  )

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: September 15, 2010, 10:59:26 PM »

I know felt like there should have been one on tonight. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #311 on: September 15, 2010, 11:34:44 PM »

I'm like wreck I was going what the heck? 

Pull hard for Nascar's team this Friday night please ! 

The local news is playing a prank call they received this week, someone imitating Saban saying he's coming up to put a rammer jammer on Cutcliffe - it's hysterical ! I'd post a link but I can't find one. 

This is the first photo I ever took at Bama when I went to orientation with son.......hard to describe what a moment that was - private school player meets the bigtime to see that towering over us.

Looks like South Carolina just released Saunders from the team.........another casualty of the Miami Agent Vice.

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2010, 12:07:45 AM »

There was a game tonight....Jackson State and Alabama State on ESPN.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2010, 12:16:12 AM »

There was a game tonight....Jackson State and Alabama State on ESPN.
It wasn't even in my TV listings!  Monkey Devil!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2010, 12:21:57 AM »

I wish I was going to the game in Auburn this weekend. With College Game Day there it's going to be a fabulous day down there on The Plains. They are having an "ALL IN" at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Everybody is supposed to wear All Blue, and be "ALL IN" for the football team and the game. Coach Chizik called an impromptu meeting tonight for the students and thousands of kids showed up. He asked for everybody to be "ALL IN" and help the team win this weekend.

none- Was Nascar ever worried about playing in the SEC?
That's a really cool picture. Bama is quite a place.

These kids all knew it was wrong to go to that party. They gambled and lost. It's just too bad that that their teams and others were hurt by it.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #315 on: September 16, 2010, 12:35:34 AM »

Wreck you'll like this. A few years ago I took my son to a Michigan game. We flew in, bought tickets on line. The last 2 of 6 out of 106,000 seats. I get there and of course you can buy a ticket for any section. We find our row somewhere in the end-zone, except our seats are 50 deep and only one way in. Since you sit on concrete and not actual seats, all 50 people are seated shoulder to shoulder. Actually the whole section is seated and full. So we slide in and make 50 very unhappy fans all move down 2 seats, while the game is going. Bean this is important, be early not late when you go! We had Michigan T-shirts on. I can only imagine what would happen for Husker fans asking 50 to move. Even more important bring seat cushions!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2010, 01:15:43 AM »

I wish I was going to the game in Auburn this weekend. With College Game Day there it's going to be a fabulous day down there on The Plains. They are having an "ALL IN" at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Everybody is supposed to wear All Blue, and be "ALL IN" for the football team and the game. Coach Chizik called an impromptu meeting tonight for the students and thousands of kids showed up. He asked for everybody to be "ALL IN" and help the team win this weekend.

none- Was Nascar ever worried about playing in the SEC?
That's a really cool picture. Bama is quite a place.

These kids all knew it was wrong to go to that party. They gambled and lost. It's just too bad that that their teams and others were hurt by it.

I love hearing about Chiznik's pep rally PDH, I wish you could make that game too.

Nascar has always set his sights high PDH, he probably was intimidated but he didn't let it show. The Bama coaches also really welcomed him and acted as if he was just as important as any other high profile recruit, which speaks volumes about them as a group and as people I think. One of the things I remember most is how some of the more senior players really tested him in practice. Once son didn't call home for two weeks during his redshirt season which was very unusual, I finally got worried enough to call his roommate who told me son had a very bad sore throat but would call me soon as he could talk well. I found out later that a 'star' on the team on defense clipped son in the throat during practice and son took it and probably was injured, but refused to admit it not wanting to miss practice but also to save face. That player is in the NFL now........he's quite a good defensive player.

Son revered the legacy of Bear at Bama and also thought the world of each of his coaches and his teammates. I think he was sad to leave but knew Saban wasn't the best fit for him.

boy that was long-winded LOL

Kiwi - I bet that getting an entire row to move over during a game was not fun ! I can imagine that concrete is bone-chilling too. Even with seats in the club section at some stadiums I always take a seat cushion! I bet Bean has some big, bright, red ones !   

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: September 16, 2010, 08:21:57 AM »

Thanks for the advice!  The stands in Lincoln are almost full 1 hr before the game - we like to watch them warm up and get settled ourselves so barring problems with parking I'd probably be the first in the row! ha.  Wow.  concrete seats?  Ouch.  Yep... big red seats for sure.  Do they allow the kind with seat backs?  So where does everyone tailgate if parking is such a beech?
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: September 16, 2010, 10:55:20 AM »

I always get to Jordan-Hare early too. I like to be settled and ready for the  Nova or Spirit flight big. Then I love to watch the big show as the team takes the field because it's really cool. I get somewhat irritated when people around me are still getting to their seats and are blocking my view. I would be considerate of others and wait until the eagle flight was over, or until the team was on the field......

WDE!!!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #319 on: September 16, 2010, 09:18:24 PM »

Thanks for the advice!  The stands in Lincoln are almost full 1 hr before the game - we like to watch them warm up and get settled ourselves so barring problems with parking I'd probably be the first in the row! ha.  Wow.  concrete seats?  Ouch.  Yep... big red seats for sure.  Do they allow the kind with seat backs?  So where does everyone tailgate if parking is such a beech?
As a student there we just walked in. Now I just park by the stadium on someones lawn for 20 bucks. There may be a parking lot on the north side. Best bet is to look at a satellite photo and see if there is a spot for tailgating and call to see if its some kind of reserve area. You may have to find it and post on Husker web sites the exact spot. Or else your 20,000 are going to be parking in different areas scattered around the city and walking. You could start this off Bean! Setting up the first tailgate party the city has ever seen. Here at ASU as you remember we are set up around the stadium on the North and East side. The last time ASU played Neb here, that was my first time seeing more fans and tailgate parties than the home team. So if you want to make a dent in 113k plus, mais and blue fans your going to have to prepare. But hey thats one reason why they asked Neb to join the Big Ten. Whats the date of that game maybe its time for a visit? Yes you need to bring a cushion!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.