March 28, 2024, 08:27:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049404 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #560 on: October 10, 2010, 10:16:30 AM »

I think I am the new owner of the house of shame 

Well -- at least it was a beautiful evening for football.

Congrats Seminole fans (if there are any  )
No shame here Sharon!  We've all been there over the last 4 years so hold the head high and enjoy what we call 'the dog house'.  Kiwi built it and it is stocked with food, beverage and lots of fun.    I think everyone was shocked at how FSU played.  Can't believe Oklahoma beat them... they have had ups and downs too.  Heck everyone has.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #561 on: October 10, 2010, 10:20:59 AM »

Cuz and PDH you both had close games yesterday - congrats on the win. 

Kiwi - at the beginning of the season if anyone had said you would win the first 4 or 5 games people would have said no way.  So no shame for your team.  We knew the D needed work, still does.  YOu might need to bring in a new coach.  Who is the DC anyway?  But your team has done a great job of winning when no one thought they had a chance.  Those kids should be proud of that.

Wow - so McElroy just had his first loss since junior high school.  Wonder how he's taking it?  Thats kind of strange.  I'm happy for the ole Ball Coach.  Got himself a big win.  Good for him.

Les Miles is one crazy dude.  All I got on him.   

I am headed to the state punt, pass, and kick competition in Lincoln today.... Got a 6 yr old and an 8 yr old competing.  Should be fun.  Gorgeous weather.  Have a great day all.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #562 on: October 10, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »

I think I am the new owner of the house of shame 

Well -- at least it was a beautiful evening for football.

Congrats Seminole fans (if there are any  )
No shame here Sharon!  We've all been there over the last 4 years so hold the head high and enjoy what we call 'the dog house'.  Kiwi built it and it is stocked with food, beverage and lots of fun.    I think everyone was shocked at how FSU played.  Can't believe Oklahoma beat them... they have had ups and downs too.  Heck everyone has.

beans is right Sharon.....no shame in the Dawg House! We just try to comfort ourselves and lick our wounds and move on to the next game.
Losing is no fun, but all of us have seen our teams fall, and there's lots of time left in the season.......

GO and his Badgers have a huge game this week! I can't wait to see how Pryor responds to Wisconsin's meat and potatos style of defense. That will be a great game!

cuz - I love ya....but....you know this week is different.....WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

Here's an interesting article from one of our local AP voters about how he voted and why....

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/10/college_football_sunday_rewind_4.html

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #563 on: October 10, 2010, 06:24:49 PM »

Ok, who is going to play Boise State for the National Championship?????????       
Lots of time for it to sort itself out but it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure could be a mess huh?  Lots of undefeated teams still. 

Who did you play today GO? 

And I did catch the 2nd half of the Bama game.  Wow is all I can say.  I went to the wedding late because I wanted to see the ending. ha ha 

We played Minnesota and have kept the Paul Bunyan Axe now for seven straight years. 

I think I read that it would be possible to end the season with a maximum of seven teams being undefeated.  I know there are all the formulas with the rankings, but I can see this being a real PR nightmare.  It is never a guarantee, but we seem to have some great games with Ohio State.  Our problem is that we are losing players on defense.  We just lost our best linebacker for the season.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #564 on: October 10, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »

Sorry to hear about the injuries GO. This is the time in the season where injuries start to mount and it takes a toll.
I'll be pulling for the Badgers GO. Is it a road game or are you at home?

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #565 on: October 10, 2010, 09:53:23 PM »

It will only get more crazy from here!!! 

shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #566 on: October 10, 2010, 10:02:11 PM »

cuz it was a most respectable performance by your team, son actually called me during the last minute of the game and he agreed. This will be a very good season for Arkansas.

Hi Shy-Monkey, so you're a Boise fan? It's a really big season for you, good to have you on the board with us - welcome !!! 

Looks like MSU has the early jump on UGA........

Bean, wish I could get your game but I'll be watching via ESPN's play by play feature. Go Huskers 

PDH, minutes to kick-off and I'll be watching with you  War Eagle 

Hi nonesuche and thanks. It is a big season for us for sure,

thanks everyone for the welcome and sorry for such a late reply I am just now finally back online. Apparently I shouldn't own a laptop without it being firmly glued to a solid, flat surface. Soon after I posted this my giant cat somehow managed to knock it down, shattering the D-link, let me clarify shattering the second D-link within a week  ::MonkeyMad::and everyone was sold out, so I had to wait to get back online. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #567 on: October 10, 2010, 10:14:54 PM »

cuz it was a most respectable performance by your team, son actually called me during the last minute of the game and he agreed. This will be a very good season for Arkansas.

Hi Shy-Monkey, so you're a Boise fan? It's a really big season for you, good to have you on the board with us - welcome !!! 

Looks like MSU has the early jump on UGA........

Bean, wish I could get your game but I'll be watching via ESPN's play by play feature. Go Huskers 

PDH, minutes to kick-off and I'll be watching with you  War Eagle 

Hi nonesuche and thanks. It is a big season for us for sure,

thanks everyone for the welcome and sorry for such a late reply I am just now finally back online. Apparently I shouldn't own a laptop without it being firmly glued to a solid, flat surface. Soon after I posted this my giant cat somehow managed to knock it down, shattering the D-link, let me clarify shattering the second D-link within a week  ::MonkeyMad::and everyone was sold out, so I had to wait to get back online. 
Welcome shy-monkey! Don't worry - we ALL have typo issues!! 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #568 on: October 11, 2010, 03:51:27 AM »

It will only get more crazy from here!!! 

Boy that is the truth!!!!

I may need to stock up.....

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #569 on: October 11, 2010, 10:16:12 PM »

GO great to have you posting, congrats on locking down that Bunyan axe once again !

Bean & PDH, you both have to be beaming over the rankings - wishing you continued great mojo for all of your remaining games !!

Cuz, I hope the best team wins and sending strong mojo for your team too!

kiwi - I know I still owe you an email and I do sharon as well.

Sharon, I think UM is on their way up again despite that loss and I'm happy to see that trend back up again. Keep the faith....

Son's team had another win so now if they can continue their trend,  honestly he never brags about his players' performances but for a team that heretofore was known as a running back program it's his wr's that are making this season's top offensive performances. So I'm pretty proud of him, he said he plowed into a dip in the practice field last week and slid 30 feet just trying to demonstrate a technique so his leg is now oozing. I told him the high side is that his players can't say he's not suffering right along with them 

Best to all the monkey teams and shy-monkey, good to have you back !! Boise representing!!

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #570 on: October 11, 2010, 10:54:03 PM »

What a difference a year or two makes huh?  Thought of that when reading an article about this year's hot QBs:  Cameron from Auburn, Denard from Michigan and Taylor from Nebraska... Last year each of these teams really struggled on offense.  And all teams have new coaches.  Cuz's team Arkansas has really turned around also under new leadership... Lots of changes over the last 4 yrs and nice to see us all winning.  Wreck's team undefeated and an offensive nightmare.  (in a good way)  GO team only has one loss and could take out Ohio State this week.  We are on a roll!

PDH and Cuz... good luck this weekend... should be a great game.

None - thank you... we really need some positive mojo.  If you go back and look at the last 3 or 4 games we had against TX we gave the game away each time.  Heartbreakers all of them.  Time to change all that.  I will be sure to have some  libations on hand for sure.

So Julio Jones played with a broken hand and had surgery and they put screws in him today.  Ouch.  And that kid from VA Tech(might not have it right) that lost his finger tip and played thru the pain and had it sewn on in the 4th quarter.  UNREAL PAIN.  OMG.

None - great news re son.  Tell him to keep up the great work.  He is making a difference in young men's lives.  How fantastic is that?

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #571 on: October 12, 2010, 02:24:40 AM »

Appreciate the concern Wreck,Frijole,and others.Just got out of the UW medical center after a lengthy surgery after the Nebraska game.They had to do a 12 hour surgery just to remove all the corn from my backend!Thanks Frijole! Nebraska is one hell of a good football team. As you all know,we Huskies are a bit Schizophrenic.Agghhhhhhhhhhhhh!Been some great games happening throughout the country.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #572 on: October 12, 2010, 02:25:51 AM »

pdh3... We lost to a team from the desert,in the pouring rain!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #573 on: October 12, 2010, 02:30:22 AM »

none - We are so proud of our Nascar! I'm not surprised that his WR's are big contributors!

It takes a really tough kid to play football. All the pain and hard work and frustration they endure is definitely not for the faint of heart. Nor is it for any kid with a low pain threshold....
I can't imagine playing with the tip of my finger missing.....or a broken hand either!

shy monkey!!!!
Good to see you again! Please don't worry about typos because I make them all the time, and nobody cares. I promise no one will care if you make one either! We'd love to hear your input about Boise State!!!! Good luck to your team the rest of the way!

beans....you are due. Cheers!

I watched Steve Spurrier commenting today on a re-broadcast of the game, and he is so happy about it he was about to bust a gut from smiling so hard. He's loving this win.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #574 on: October 12, 2010, 02:34:20 AM »

Seriously.What is up with these kids today.Paul Wulff at Washington State can't catch a break.Wreck.did the Cougars look a bit slow down in Stillwater?38 plants growing in their house.From what I understand from my younger days,that's a lot of DOOBIE!

WSU football players arrested on drug charges

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420ap_fbc_washington_st_players_arrested.html?source=mypi

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #575 on: October 12, 2010, 02:41:12 AM »

Here's a question & answer with our former president,new NCAA president,Mark Emmert.You might find it interesting if you can gleen anything from his answers.Some good questions about infractions and the such.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2013128038_emmert11.html

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #576 on: October 12, 2010, 03:32:45 AM »

KTF! So good to see you posting! You have been missed!

Thanks for the links. You always contribute some good ones!  I'm off to read them now!

Saban and Spurrier have been engaged in the clash of the big egos for years.....here's a funny Saban - Spurrier clip.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/564331/spurriercocktripssaban.gif

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #577 on: October 12, 2010, 07:38:53 AM »

Appreciate the concern Wreck,Frijole,and others.Just got out of the UW medical center after a lengthy surgery after the Nebraska game.They had to do a 12 hour surgery just to remove all the corn from my backend!Thanks Frijole! Nebraska is one hell of a good football team. As you all know,we Huskies are a bit Schizophrenic.Agghhhhhhhhhhhhh!Been some great games happening throughout the country.

More corn for you!  Monkey Devil!

Seriously good to have you back KTF.  We were worried. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #578 on: October 12, 2010, 08:29:41 AM »

Great to have you back!!!!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #579 on: October 12, 2010, 09:13:04 AM »

More corn for you!  Monkey Devil!

Seriously good to have you back KTF.  We were worried. 

= Razorback?????    = corn????   Monkey Devil!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.