March 29, 2024, 12:28:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049593 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: November 02, 2010, 10:00:12 PM »

I'm just stunned by how fast this cancer took him. He played in the MSU game against Auburn in Sept. And now...he's gone.
I feel just awful for his Mom and the rest of his family. She was so proud of him. I heard that the MSU team was taking it hard. God Bless them.

You will be missed Nick. RIP.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/bessemers_nick_bell_a_mississi.html

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: November 02, 2010, 11:25:12 PM »

I know!  He had headaches in Sept, surgery the first of October and was doing well then bam.  Way sad.  So hard to believe.  Read the team found an old bus they could drive to the hospital to see him (out of town) and 50-60 players went.  That had to have meant a great deal to his family.  They play BAMA next and thank god are off this week.  Has to be very hard on them all.  Puts alot of things in perspective.

Meanwhile... were is Wreck?!  MIA     come out come out wherever you are...

Night all..
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #782 on: November 03, 2010, 01:50:15 AM »

Nick was in the UAB Hospital in Birmingham. His Mom works at UAB, btw. It's maybe about 2 hours east, from Starkville,MS. Everyone down here is upset about it, because he was an Alabama hometown kid, and he has friends who play at Auburn. Nick Bell was a terrific young man, and it seems so unfair.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: November 04, 2010, 08:15:36 AM »

OK.. its Thursday so we can talk about this weeks games.... we've got Iowa State who beat TX and even tho Bo is saying Martinez will play we don't believe him.    A kid could be in the trauma center and if asked how hes doing he'd reply "he's fine, should be good to go". 

I know Auburn is playing Chattanooga so I expect a W in all caps there.

Bama vs LSU ought to be a great game.  PDH who you cheering for? ha ha

Oregon plays Washington but Locker isn't playing so that will be tough unless they have a gem riding the bench
(sorry KTF)

Oh yeah TCU vs Utah is up there... at least for BCS standings... not sure who to root for... can they both lose? Monkey Devil!

Boise vs Hawaii... maybe they'll be jet lagged? 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #784 on: November 04, 2010, 08:44:12 AM »

We play upstart Baylor! 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: November 04, 2010, 10:15:35 AM »

OK.. its Thursday so we can talk about this weeks games.... we've got Iowa State who beat TX and even tho Bo is saying Martinez will play we don't believe him.    A kid could be in the trauma center and if asked how hes doing he'd reply "he's fine, should be good to go". 

I know Auburn is playing Chattanooga so I expect a W in all caps there.

Bama vs LSU ought to be a great game.  PDH who you cheering for? ha ha

Oregon plays Washington but Locker isn't playing so that will be tough unless they have a gem riding the bench
(sorry KTF)

Oh yeah TCU vs Utah is up there... at least for BCS standings... not sure who to root for... can they both lose? Monkey Devil!

Boise vs Hawaii... maybe they'll be jet lagged? 

Well beans....I am actually gonna go against the grain and cheer for LSU. I'd usually be for Bama, but I think it's better for Auburn if LSU wins.  That takes Bama out of the BCS conversation altogether.  And I'd like to have the SEC West all sewed up.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: November 04, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »

We play upstart Baylor! 
I have only seen highlights of them... but I know Griffin is for real.  Hope your D can stop him..Last week it was the RB, this week it is stop the QB.  Go get em Wreck.  lol

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: November 04, 2010, 08:43:09 PM »

Well beans....I am actually gonna go against the grain and cheer for LSU. I'd usually be for Bama, but I think it's better for Auburn if LSU wins.  That takes Bama out of the BCS conversation altogether.  And I'd like to have the SEC West all sewed up.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Yep.... I think its better for anyone in the hunt if Bama is out - even Oregon because they have the D to play against them.  Not sure about some of the other top teams.  Wonder what tricks Les has up his sleeves this week?  lololol
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: November 05, 2010, 03:57:52 AM »

Actually...Bama's D is not that great. They don't have the same D they had last year,and they are just now getting to the tough SEC teams. And Bama's offense is a little creaky too. The loss to So. Carolina was no freak occurance.

Oregon would probably win that matchup. They would just outscore Bama.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: November 05, 2010, 07:10:23 AM »

Actually...Bama's D is not that great. They don't have the same D they had last year,and they are just now getting to the tough SEC teams. And Bama's offense is a little creaky too. The loss to So. Carolina was no freak occurance.

Oregon would probably win that matchup. They would just outscore Bama.
OK.. then who (in the top) does have the D to beat that fast spread? Gonna be hard to stop them.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: November 05, 2010, 12:06:19 PM »

You can't stop everything...hence the success of the spread and why it's so popular. Teams with a great spread offense win by wearing down the defense of the opposing team anyway because of the frenetic pace. Oregon has a mediocre defense too, but like Auburn they run everybody down in the 4th quarter and put the game away for the most part.
You don't stop a really great spread. You try to slow it down. You have to outscore. I actually think Bama is too slow offensively to keep up, more than the defense being an issue.
You may think I'm prejudiced, but right now Auburn matches up better with Oregon. Our O-Line and D-Line are better, and bigger too. We have faced tougher opponents. And nobody can stop our offense. LSU had one of the top defenses in the country, and we handled them very well. I think we could let Nick Fairley loose and he'd go calling on their QB1.

Oregon would make Boise State beg for mercy. Boise has never faced a tough team like that.

I think Wisconsin could hold up for a while because their defense is pretty stout, but like Bama they wouldn't be able to outscore them.

I haven't seen Arizona play, so I don't know how good they are. I guess we'll see pretty soon how well they do.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #791 on: November 05, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »

Okay.......... what's the REAL scoop on Cam????

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #792 on: November 05, 2010, 09:33:44 PM »

Just askin' ! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #793 on: November 05, 2010, 11:17:56 PM »

Well I dunno but the folks that started this story better be prepared to deliver on something or the kid has a libel case.  This could certainly end his Heisman hopes.  All I know is what I read online and of course there are two camps.  I feel sorry for the kid.

You ready for tomorrow Wreck?  I think our QB (sprained ankle) will sit out unless needed which is too bad because he is so much more fun to watch.  Rumor is our backup reinjured his shoulder/arm this week and might be out rest of season.  Hope the O line blocks like they did last week.  Heck I could run thru those holes. 

Haven't heard from everyone re who they are playing.... Cuz, GO, Kiwi, Sharon???  Whose up?

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #794 on: November 06, 2010, 01:33:54 AM »

I don't think you really want me to unload on a public board what I think about Urban Meyer, ESPN, Fox Sports, the Bama connection to The New York Times, or about how ugly things can get. What they have done to Cam and to Auburn is disgusting.

Cecil Newton has now hired an attorney to protect his son.There's a reason he didn't want Cam at MSU. He didn't like the atmosphere. I can see why.

Kenny Rogers has denied all allegations, and John Bond has changed his story today. They are both liars.

beans - Kenny Rogers son signed with Nebraska....

This was investigated a long time ago. Auburn cleared Cam of any wrong doing before they ever let him play a single down. It's old news that Meyer and ESPN have re-manufactured. ESPN because they want to control the BCS and the Heisman, and Meyer because he's pissed that Cam is doing well elsewhere. The Bama connection is self-explanatory.

ESPN and agents and big money have ruined college football. I've been saying this for years, but this is even more evil than I realized. The timing was no accident. They are trying to keep the Heisman and BCS away from Auburn and Cam and redirect it to Boise St. The Boise St. campaign started with that pitiful Va Tech team, and it's gotten a full head of steam from all this. ESPN has done nothing but dog Auburn publically from the beginning of the season. It was the same thing they did to us in 2004. They swayed public opinion away from an undefeated Auburn team, and cost us votes that would've gotten us into the BCS. Now they are doing the very same thing, and trying to take a talented kid down while they are at it.

I think all of them are backtracking today because they've heard from a few lawyers.

There's lots of RELIABLE info here:

http://www.wareagleauburn.com/WEAForum/index.php

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #795 on: November 06, 2010, 04:12:19 AM »

Statement from Auburn's AD.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Jacobs-No-question-about-eligibility-4922

I was very upset with AD Jacobs after the Tubby firing, but now I see why it was time for a change. I really disliked him for almost a year until I began to see that the changes he was making in AU Athletics were all having positive results. I have come to have the utmost respect for, and trust in his judgement. There was a great recruit in the AU basketball program that the AU Compliance Dept released due to possible issues. AD Jacobs will not allow any player to stay if there is any question about eligibility or character.

Enough said. WDE!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #796 on: November 06, 2010, 05:52:49 AM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/ncaa/11/05/auburn-cam-newton-allegations.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: November 06, 2010, 09:02:04 AM »

PDH I don't know who the son of Rogers is.  Must not be a starter.

Wreck - Omaha paper says there will be a SHOOT OUT at the OK Corral today and to hook up the generators to the scoreboard for Baylor vs Okie State.   

Everyone good luck today!  Play safe and may the refs call clean games.  Cheers 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: November 06, 2010, 10:59:01 AM »

PDH re Kenny Rogers son... I had to dig but it looks like he was in Pelinis first class.  I remember we picked up to Bama kids in last minute scramble to fill the class.  One was a kid name Wald who fans went crazy for and he never played and went to a smaller school in Bama I think.  Found this on Justin:

Justin Rogers - 3* (5.6) - Auburn, Clemson, UCLA

Notes: For some reason, I thought Rogers left because he was homesick. I haven't confirmed it is the same person, but it appears that Justin is now a cornerback commit for Texas Tech after spending a season at Arizona Western Community College
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #799 on: November 06, 2010, 11:32:44 AM »

I don't think you really want me to unload on a public board what I think about Urban Meyer, ESPN, Fox Sports, the Bama connection to The New York Times, or about how ugly things can get. What they have done to Cam and to Auburn is disgusting.

Cecil Newton has now hired an attorney to protect his son.There's a reason he didn't want Cam at MSU. He didn't like the atmosphere. I can see why.

Kenny Rogers has denied all allegations, and John Bond has changed his story today. They are both liars.

beans - Kenny Rogers son signed with Nebraska....

This was investigated a long time ago. Auburn cleared Cam of any wrong doing before they ever let him play a single down. It's old news that Meyer and ESPN have re-manufactured. ESPN because they want to control the BCS and the Heisman, and Meyer because he's pissed that Cam is doing well elsewhere. The Bama connection is self-explanatory.

ESPN and agents and big money have ruined college football. I've been saying this for years, but this is even more evil than I realized. The timing was no accident. They are trying to keep the Heisman and BCS away from Auburn and Cam and redirect it to Boise St. The Boise St. campaign started with that pitiful Va Tech team, and it's gotten a full head of steam from all this. ESPN has done nothing but dog Auburn publically from the beginning of the season. It was the same thing they did to us in 2004. They swayed public opinion away from an undefeated Auburn team, and cost us votes that would've gotten us into the BCS. Now they are doing the very same thing, and trying to take a talented kid down while they are at it.

I think all of them are backtracking today because they've heard from a few lawyers.

There's lots of RELIABLE info here:

http://www.wareagleauburn.com/WEAForum/index.php

I'm upset at the entire lot of the NCAA and just about ALL of the media. Rumors are the only thing that drive the press. Sports Illustrated comes out this week and says "OSU's Justin Blackmon is back after after being arrested for DRUNK DRIVING". well, he was NOT arrested for drunk driving - he got a ticket for having "trace" alcohol and being a minor. I think many of these kids have Libel cases that they could easily win. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.