March 28, 2024, 07:52:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049395 times)
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #920 on: November 21, 2010, 08:03:32 AM »

Thanks for the truffles Nonesy 

And thanks for the never ending hospitality, Kiwi

Any ACC hopes for the CANES were dashed with that loss yesterday. ~sigh~

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: November 21, 2010, 05:10:23 PM »

thanks klaas....your right...likely not to hear those results...sigh!
thanks for the hug sharon! sorry about your canes! and bean i hate to see your loss!
i nearly had a heart attack.....2 ot's....we watched the first half at home....but i had 8 girls over for a bacherolette party and we were at a restaurant the second half...thank goodness we got to park it in the bar for the 2 ot's!!!!
lsu up next in the rock....another miracle on markham perhaps??? win or lose it has been a great year for the razorbacks this year!!!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #922 on: November 21, 2010, 09:50:33 PM »

Well, Frijole -- you all got hosed last night. I'm usually not one for conspiracies, but 16 penalties against Nebraska to 2 against A&M is VERY shaky. (especially the "roughing the QB" call)

Officiating AT A&M is ALWAYS bogus -- but, leaving the Big XII cost you this one!!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #923 on: November 21, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »

Okay, my good Nebraska buddies are telling me that Martinez quit the team today after Bo lambasted him last night!     

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #924 on: November 21, 2010, 10:48:53 PM »

Okay, my good Nebraska buddies are telling me that Martinez quit the team today after Bo lambasted him last night!     
Wreck - thanks for confirming what I saw last night... those refs had it IN for us.  They were the same refs that did our other worse performances:  Texas and IA State.  I will leave it at that.

The shit has hit the fan.  There are rumors that both Carl and Bo Pelini are suspended for our next game.  Taylor Martinez quit the team.  Bo had to go visit the chancellor regarding his behavior.  There was a WHOLE lot that went on and I am reading like crazy to figure out what is true and what is not.  I will refrain from commenting until I feel I am giving you the truth.  But it has been insane.  The only thing I know is that we at least deserved to go into overtime last night.  Hell our starting QB was reinjured and couldn't run, our 2nd string is OUT and our 3rd stringer went in and did his best but it wasn't enough but we still were in it. 

I will let you know Wreck.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #925 on: November 21, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »

Wreck - thanks for confirming what I saw last night... those refs had it IN for us.  They were the same refs that did our other worse performances:  Texas and IA State.  I will leave it at that.

The shit has hit the fan.  There are rumors that both Carl and Bo Pelini are suspended for our next game.  Taylor Martinez quit the team.  Bo had to go visit the chancellor regarding his behavior.  There was a WHOLE lot that went on and I am reading like crazy to figure out what is true and what is not.  I will refrain from commenting until I feel I am giving you the truth.  But it has been insane.  The only thing I know is that we at least deserved to go into overtime last night.  Hell our starting QB was reinjured and couldn't run, our 2nd string is OUT and our 3rd stringer went in and did his best but it wasn't enough but we still were in it. 

I will let you know Wreck.
Wow!! 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #926 on: November 21, 2010, 11:34:30 PM »

Thanks for the truffles Nonesy 

And thanks for the never ending hospitality, Kiwi

Any ACC hopes for the CANES were dashed with that loss yesterday. ~sigh~

I think the wheels just came off in the 4th Q psychologically with the interceptions sharon. It's hard to describe how physical and fast VT is, as compared to most others in the ACC. The game proved what a good match UM and VT were, either one could have won that game. UM's is clearly moving back into prominence, next season should be very exciting.

Bean - I have to ask how offensive was Bo's exchange with Martinez as compared to even the video I posted earlier of Saban's rant and spanking of a player???  Poking a player in the collarbone IMO pales in comparison to spanking a player like a child - the latter is humiliating and degrading.

I can tell you that one time and one time only, in one of son's high school basketball games the refs were so biased that post the game I marched up to them and let them have it. I am sure they laughed at the mom taking it upon herself to lecture them, but doggone it we had more injuries in that game due to the poor officiating - I was furious. When it's so blatant as it obviously was in your game, you start to wonder if the world's gone crazy? I bet your Dad dreaded a parent like me though  I never did it again, wanted to but didn't like people knowing what my angry face at it's worst looked like 

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #927 on: November 21, 2010, 11:42:42 PM »

Bean - found this, it states Bo said Martinez is still on the team tonight? Also has video of the exchange - wish I could read lips.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Rumors-swirl-that-Taylor-Martinez-quit-Nebraska.html

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: November 21, 2010, 11:48:19 PM »

Bean - found this, it states Bo said Martinez is still on the team tonight? Also has video of the exchange - wish I could read lips.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Rumors-swirl-that-Taylor-Martinez-quit-Nebraska.html
Trust me it has been read by lots of lipreaders here.   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #929 on: November 21, 2010, 11:50:19 PM »

Trust me it has been read by lots of lipreaders here.   
Update??? It's viral!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #930 on: November 22, 2010, 12:00:12 AM »

OK... will do my best... lots going on.  Yes - Martinez is on the team and did not quit.

From what I gather Martinez' best friend is his Dad.  That is good except I guess the coaches are challenged constantly on what plays they should use to best utilize his son.. in other words the dad is too involved.  To the point where TM has been reprimanded previously for texting his dad during team functions.  OK...

When TM went down last night he was instructed to ride the John Deere into the locker room to be checked out.  He refused to ride it.  He took his time walking to the LR and found his phone and called his Dad.  The medical staff were left to wait.  Bo was mad at him for not being in the game (his head) and told him to get his head into the game and that if he ever phoned his dad during a game when his team was waiting on him to be xrayed etc with a game on the line it'd be the last time.  And yes there were F bombs in there.  When Pelini walked away TM said "Fn Bitch".  That set BP off.

The son, the dad, the coach and the AD all gathered today to talk.  The rumors started because he was not at practice.  Pelini said at 8pm tonight that TM is with the team.

I also learned that Pelini and the head judge of this crew have not hit it off and it goes back to 2008 so he knew it would be a long night.  And it was.  Some Arkansas fans warned us this would happen - they lived it when they left the SWC for the SEC.  They were right.  So next up is Colorado.  I have no idea if TM will be healthy enough to play. 

Thats all i got for now.  I hope there is no more news.. just too much drama. 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #931 on: November 22, 2010, 12:12:58 AM »

Thanks! 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #932 on: November 22, 2010, 09:45:35 AM »

cuz - lsu didn't blow the lid off their game this week, I think you have a good chance to win against them.

Bean - thanks for the insight. Sounds like the struggle Meyer had with Tebow's dad in the beginning. So many players are insubordinate that unfortunately, it doesn't surprise me to hear this. We just need to remember, it's all about them, not the team - right? 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #933 on: November 22, 2010, 12:41:41 PM »

Rankings are out, as always, some make sense and some do not..........any thoughts from others?

PDH - I expect you will really like this article from the WSJ and the title - "How Do You Beat Cam Newton: You Don't"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703567304575628761034247100.html

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #934 on: November 22, 2010, 02:59:08 PM »

Bean you might find this interesting. I believe the ref's from your game came to KC and did the Cardinal game on Sunday. Arizona had almost the same penalties as Neb had.  They lost 2 challenges without any video showing conclusively, even though the ruling on the field was for AZ. The best had to be a 15yd penalty for the QB tossing the football as a delay of game. Here is how that went. KC call time out as the play started. A linebacker decides to just sack the QB anyway after the whistle 15yrds back from the line of scrimmage. The QB is still holding the ball and tosses it. Hmm no penalty for tackling the QB just a delay of game penalty during a timeout.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #935 on: November 22, 2010, 03:16:58 PM »

Kiwi - amazing isn't it? (just shaking my head).....refs should never have that much control over a game without accountability and supervision.

I hope this photo takes the edge off, I promise to deliver one to the dawg house for the recent tough losses - choco ganache four-layer with choco mousse filling and handmade raspberry-center truffle accents

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #936 on: November 22, 2010, 03:54:14 PM »

Kiwi - amazing isn't it? (just shaking my head).....refs should never have that much control over a game without accountability and supervision.

I hope this photo takes the edge off, I promise to deliver one to the dawg house for the recent tough losses - choco ganache four-layer with choco mousse filling and handmade raspberry-center truffle accents
Hmm yum I'm OK now! Thank You

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #937 on: November 22, 2010, 04:04:29 PM »

OH MY GOSH nonesy! I'm drooling just from that photo!!!! That looks fabulous!!!

I don't think what Bo did was so awful given the circumstances....and I do think Saban crosses the line on a regular basis.

Thanks for the link, btw. Cam is that once in a lifetime college athlete who is so gifted that it's almost unbelievable. Watching him this season has been so much fun. I'd love for him to come back for his senior season but with the treatment he's gotten from the media, and from other teams...why would he?
Our opponents are gunning for him because he's so good, and their defenses have been trying to take him out at the knees. He should go on to the NFL and have a great career there before some jealous goober cause him an injury that could jeopardize it all. Our O-Line is the best in the nation, and they have protected him so far, but most are seniors. So I look for Cam to play on Sundays somewhere....and I wish him well.

I can't believe how fast this season has gone by! We're down to our last 3 games....
It's great to be an Auburn Tiger anytime, but 2010 has really been a blessing!

wreck...nothing new to report about Cam. He's eligible to play for Auburn and always has been. The media greatly exaggerated the story, and the real issue is still with Mississippi St.not Auburn. The media can't seem to get that straight. I also believe that Coach Mullen's wife has done some talking out of school and hurt her hubby's career.....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: November 24, 2010, 03:29:59 PM »

OK gang... time to play some more games.  Wreck.. big one for you against OU.  PDH has a huge game also.  Who is everyone playing and what day?

We have Colorado which should have been a pushover but with our QB out and our 3rd stringer in.. dunno.  We lost our #1 WR yesterday in practice to a broken foot.  This is the 5th player to break a foot or leg this year.  Strange.  Hope our defense can score. 

Wreck - you'll get a kick out of this.  The student section plans on all waving yellow flags this week.  Also there is a group from the private board planning on all wearing ref uniforms.   Monkey Devil!  I am sure poor Bo will stand meekly on the sideline this week.

None - your sons team play?  They are kicking some butt.  Tell him to go get another W for us.

Good luck to everyone this week!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: November 24, 2010, 07:22:26 PM »

Well..well..well.....ESPN is about to be in BIG TROUBLE. It couldn't happen to a sleazier bunch.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-texastech-leach

I wouldn't be surprised if Cam Newton is soon to follow.

The Auburn-Alabama game is Friday at !:30 central time. This may be the biggest game in Auburn history.I need all the good football mojo y'all can send my way. 

wreck...I saw a show on your young man Hershel Simms. There's a documentary about him on World of Jenks on MTV. What an amazing kid. He just touched my heart.Is he playing, or did he get a redshirt?

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.