March 28, 2024, 02:32:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049316 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1200 on: February 02, 2011, 11:17:03 PM »

The Mitch Mustain story just never ends... arrested on felony drug charges today.  WOW

I concur

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1201 on: February 02, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »

Haven't had time to check in on other teams.. how'd everyone fare?

We had our best class in decades.  Excited.  Stay tuned... I think my wish for a new OC is about to come true.  Yeah.

Sending good mojo for your wish for a new OC Bean.

Here are the rankings, ESPN's and Rivals differ a wee bit but I think (for once) that ESPN is likely right.

FSU is #1
Bama is #2
Auburn is #3

One big surprise in the SEC was the loss of the top RB in the draft who all seemed a slam-dunk for Bama but at the last minute he chose UGA who does indeed need a good RB. Kid should play right away.

The total rankings list is here - http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/classrankings?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fcollege-football%2frecruiting%2fclassrankings

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1202 on: February 02, 2011, 11:50:13 PM »

Haven't had time to check in on other teams.. how'd everyone fare?

We had our best class in decades.  Excited.  Stay tuned... I think my wish for a new OC is about to come true.  Yeah.

Sending good mojo for your wish for a new OC Bean.

Here are the rankings, ESPN's and Rivals differ a wee bit but I think (for once) that ESPN is likely right.

FSU is #1
Bama is #2
Auburn is #3

One big surprise in the SEC was the loss of the top RB in the draft who all seemed a slam-dunk for Bama but at the last minute he chose UGA who does indeed need a good RB. Kid should play right away.

The total rankings list is here - http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/classrankings?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fcollege-football%2frecruiting%2fclassrankings
We were #22 on ESPN, #20 on Scout, and #28 on Rivals -- we filled our needs pretty well! 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1203 on: February 04, 2011, 08:39:16 AM »

I noticed that wreck, good job ! Son spent a day with one of your coaches reviewing possible recruits and he said OSU had a good plan in place. Now the hard part is waiting 3 years to see how this class pans out.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1204 on: February 04, 2011, 08:39:53 AM »

edited to add: son is not an expert.........yet. didn't mean to imply that he is 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1205 on: February 04, 2011, 10:16:26 PM »

I noticed that wreck, good job ! Son spent a day with one of your coaches reviewing possible recruits and he said OSU had a good plan in place. Now the hard part is waiting 3 years to see how this class pans out.
Can you say what coach your son met with? We are getting kind of antsy waiting on Gundy to name our new OC. I'm actually starting to really believe it might be Mike Leach. I'm still not sure if I like the idea, but it would be pretty awesome for a year if nothing else than to mentor a successor. The man is "certifiable", but one heck of an offensive mind and would bring continuity from Holgerson!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1206 on: February 04, 2011, 10:49:57 PM »

Wreck... I think Leach would be a hoot... I didn't realize you were still without an OC... dang we are looking to now.  finally.  Tom Osborne - I adore - but he is too nice... never fires anyone.  Our coaches' contracts expire Feb 12th and that is what we waited for... expiration vs firing. 

So everyone knows we are looking but Bo who isn't good with the press anyway has to tapdance for weeks... this is ugly.  We are hoping to get Scott Frost, former player who is at Oregon.  Hometown hero thing.  We shall see...

We just lost one of our best coaches (secondary) to a scandal and we had no choice but to let him go 'spend time with his family'.  Damn he was a good coach.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1207 on: February 05, 2011, 09:41:54 AM »

Hello Frijole & Monkey's,

I am a Steeler fan but I also admire the Packers. 
I thought this article was great - because how some little gesture leads to something big.

In 1919, Curly Lambeau decided to start a football team in the small Wisconsin town of Green Bay. Akron, Canton, Dayton, Hammond and Muncie all had teams, so it wasn't a stretch for Lambeau to start a franchise in his hometown. He just needed some funding to get off the ground.

At the time, Lambeau was earning $250 per month as a shipping clerk at a local meatpacking company. He convinced his employer to put up $500 for jerseys and equipment and also got permission to use the company's athletic field for practice. With all that support from the packing company, it was a natural that the team call itself the Packers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/How-did-the-Green-Bay-Packers-gets-its-nickname-?urn=nfl-316908

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1208 on: February 05, 2011, 10:53:28 AM »

Can you say what coach your son met with? We are getting kind of antsy waiting on Gundy to name our new OC. I'm actually starting to really believe it might be Mike Leach. I'm still not sure if I like the idea, but it would be pretty awesome for a year if nothing else than to mentor a successor. The man is "certifiable", but one heck of an offensive mind and would bring continuity from Holgerson!

It was Barr - can't say why they met except that it was due to review of some possible recruits. If you hire Leach as the OC you'll have to make sure the DC can mesh the defense with him, expect that would be the challenge beyond having the personnel capable of transitioning to a high-octane Leach offense.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1209 on: February 05, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »

Wreck... I think Leach would be a hoot... I didn't realize you were still without an OC... dang we are looking to now.  finally.  Tom Osborne - I adore - but he is too nice... never fires anyone.  Our coaches' contracts expire Feb 12th and that is what we waited for... expiration vs firing. 

So everyone knows we are looking but Bo who isn't good with the press anyway has to tapdance for weeks... this is ugly.  We are hoping to get Scott Frost, former player who is at Oregon.  Hometown hero thing.  We shall see...

We just lost one of our best coaches (secondary) to a scandal and we had no choice but to let him go 'spend time with his family'.  Damn he was a good coach.

what kind of scandal Bean? Golly, people just need to behave !

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1210 on: February 05, 2011, 10:55:36 AM »

I thought this article was great - because how some little gesture leads to something big.

In 1919, Curly Lambeau decided to start a football team in the small Wisconsin town of Green Bay. Akron, Canton, Dayton, Hammond and Muncie all had teams, so it wasn't a stretch for Lambeau to start a franchise in his hometown. He just needed some funding to get off the ground.

At the time, Lambeau was earning $250 per month as a shipping clerk at a local meatpacking company. He convinced his employer to put up $500 for jerseys and equipment and also got permission to use the company's athletic field for practice. With all that support from the packing company, it was a natural that the team call itself the Packers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/How-did-the-Green-Bay-Packers-gets-its-nickname-?urn=nfl-316908

love your avatar seahorse 

great story, I miss how a good idea, work ethic, and dedication used to be enough to launch a great business in our country. Sadly it's no longer the case very often.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1211 on: February 05, 2011, 11:55:46 AM »

None...the guy was a player for us and then one fantastic coach....took our secondary to new heights.  His bad decisions were off the field and I'm not going there.  Scandal was a bad word on my part.  No one wanted him to be gone.  He'll get a chance again and hopefully will learn. 

Meanwhile they are restructuring on both sides.  Since there are no openings yet (contract dates) Bo is saying there are no openings/firings etc.  They are calling him "Bonocchio".   
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1212 on: February 05, 2011, 12:45:08 PM »

love your avatar seahorse 

great story, I miss how a good idea, work ethic, and dedication used to be enough to launch a great business in our country. Sadly it's no longer the case very often.

nonesuche 

Thank-you for the compliment on the avatar, the Beanie-Copter was designed by Brandi. Wink
Yes, a good idea still works.  I believe imagination is not taught. The Europeans believe in imagination for making money.
This is why so many Europeans are so successful, my opinion, it is good imagination and a good work ethic.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1213 on: February 05, 2011, 01:40:44 PM »

It was Barr - can't say why they met except that it was due to review of some possible recruits. If you hire Leach as the OC you'll have to make sure the DC can mesh the defense with him, expect that would be the challenge beyond having the personnel capable of transitioning to a high-octane Leach offense.
We are already running Leach's high-octane offense! Dana Holgerson (our last OC) was Leach's man at Texas Tech.

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1214 on: February 05, 2011, 05:45:03 PM »

i am alive....just have been afraid to get out much.  we have had 2 good snowfalls and there are chances this week on 2 different days.....crazy ark weather!!!
orthopedic surgeon gave me the ok to return to work monday....yippee...but cannot lift anything heavier than 2 lbs with my left arm and he said he was 95% sure he could put up his knife!!!!
mitch mustain sure did screw his life up....if he only had sucked it up his freshman year......hard to believe he fell that far though!
supposedly, we had a top 20 recruiting class which means nothing since it is only 6th best in the sec....sigh!
superbowl...don't really care much....guess i will pull for the packers!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1215 on: February 05, 2011, 06:05:19 PM »

It warmed up to 49 degrees in Dallas today. It did wonders to improve our snow and ice problem for the Super Bowl. 

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1216 on: February 06, 2011, 11:33:57 PM »

I was mad at the Steelers for beating the Jets, but still wanted them to win today. Oh, well.
I enjoyed the game, and although the acoustics left a lot to be desired, the Black Eyed Peas rocked and so did Usher.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1217 on: February 07, 2011, 08:09:32 AM »

I was mad at the Steelers for beating the Jets, but still wanted them to win today. Oh, well.
I enjoyed the game, and although the acoustics left a lot to be desired, the Black Eyed Peas rocked and so did Usher.

Hello Frijole, Curly and Monkey's,

Seven Can Wait[/b

]Steelers turn over ball three times • Packers QB
named MVP • Pittsburgh's last-minute rally fizzles

Read more: http://postgazette.com/#ixzz1DHIvYXWd

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1218 on: February 14, 2011, 08:26:18 PM »

OK... I am going to have to look into getting a job as a bowl commissioner... 600k + to plan ONE bowl game.  I think I'd do a great job.  Not for profit my azz.   

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/02/14/20110214fiesta-bowl-john-junker-leave.html
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1219 on: February 14, 2011, 11:19:42 PM »

OK... I am going to have to look into getting a job as a bowl commissioner... 600k + to plan ONE bowl game.  I think I'd do a great job.  Not for profit my azz.   

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/02/14/20110214fiesta-bowl-john-junker-leave.html
This is exactly why the "Powers That Be" won't let a playoff happen -- they are getting fat with the present structure!! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.