March 28, 2024, 04:22:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049347 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1420 on: September 25, 2011, 12:02:48 AM »

Kiwi,missed your game but heard Shoelace ran wild Smile  Well we are soooooooooo far from being a good team it isn't funny.  All kinds of freshmen playing and it shows.  Next week has me beyond scared and I will be there.  Gulp.  My mom told me to be sure to have fun during the day before the game. hahaha  She was serious. 

Did get to see alot of the OK State game.  Scary for a while there but they pulled it off.  And A&M can be a tough place to play.  Weird place no doubt. ha ha ha 

Cuz only watched a bit of your game.  Sorry.  Bama looks legit. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1421 on: September 25, 2011, 03:45:56 AM »

Yes, it was a crazy game for OSU!! So, we are up 30 to 27 -- 4th down at the A&M 39 yard line and only 5 seconds left in the game. We just take the snap (shotgun) and dance around and make a bee-line to the endzone for a safety. Final score 30-29. WTF!?!?!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1422 on: September 25, 2011, 03:51:39 AM »

Yes, it was a crazy game for OSU!! So, we are up 30 to 27 -- 4th down at the A&M 39 yard line and only 5 seconds left in the game. We just take the snap (shotgun) and dance around and make a bee-line to the endzone for a safety. Final score 30-29. WTF!?!?!

I know that wasn't right................... we were at our own 39 yard line -- but it is just as mind blowing!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1423 on: September 25, 2011, 12:14:21 PM »

Oh wow on the safety.  Another lesson learned for the kids huh?

I didn't get to watch any of the later games.. I read that LSU looked fantastic and a contender.  How did the west coast teams do?  I did read that Lane Kiffin was shaking in his pants during his game. 
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1424 on: September 25, 2011, 07:57:56 PM »

OK Bean yes ASU beat USC and ended an 11 year losing streak. It took a first half sand storm but hey we'll take it.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1425 on: September 27, 2011, 11:54:13 AM »

kiwi - one of my son's best friend's father is the OC for ASU, the win against USC was huge for them - imperfect but a win nonetheless.

I was away for a west coast interview from mid-week and flying back on Saturday so I missed all of the games. Son's new team had another demoralizing loss..........reasons why are becoming obvious so anticipating there will be some mid-season leadership changes *heavy sigh* - gratefully son isn't high enough in the pecking order to be responsible at this point in his career. His alma mater had a nail-biter win after a bye week, hopefully they will work out their kinks for they have recently applied to move up to a better conference.

So I guess until some changes occur I can be the weekly resident in the Dawg House 

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1426 on: September 28, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »

I am packed and ready.  I leave for Madison WI in the early morning.  My bro from FL is flying in and we will have tomorrow afternoon, FRI and SAT to partake in the craziness I hear is Wisconsin football.  We WILL be attending GAME DAY Sat. a.m. but don't look for me in the front row since you have to get there at 3 am.  ha 

First game in the Big 10.  Still feels strange to me.  I watched OK State last weekend and cheered them on... old habits die hard.  Anyway.. really looking forward to this historical event and certainly know the game won't be easy for us.  But on any given Saturday in the fall.... 

Hope every one else's teams do great this weekend.  None, tell the son to hang in there... he's young and he will do well I am sure. 

GO BIG RED!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1427 on: September 29, 2011, 06:34:22 AM »

Bean - have a wonderful trip and I hope you and GO's team have an epic match-up. I'll be watching 

Son called last night and seems to have found his sense of humor, it seems his least fave coach/co-worker asked him to go jump off a third string player's car yesterday when son was very busy executing updates to playbooks for distribution to the players. Son kinda lost it and told this person that in all of his experience playing for two college teams, that never once did a coach even give him a ride nor did he expect them to do this, much less drive across campus to jump off their car. End result - son won that battle for the moment  I think son has the right idea, if you push players to be responsible and grown-up's, then maybe they will get the message that having a schollie is like a job with expectations attached? 

I'm flying out to the happiest place on earth on Sunday to start my new job  God is good.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1428 on: September 29, 2011, 09:16:55 AM »

Bean - have a wonderful trip and I hope you and GO's team have an epic match-up. I'll be watching 

Son called last night and seems to have found his sense of humor, it seems his least fave coach/co-worker asked him to go jump off a third string player's car yesterday when son was very busy executing updates to playbooks for distribution to the players. Son kinda lost it and told this person that in all of his experience playing for two college teams, that never once did a coach even give him a ride nor did he expect them to do this, much less drive across campus to jump off their car. End result - son won that battle for the moment  I think son has the right idea, if you push players to be responsible and grown-up's, then maybe they will get the message that having a schollie is like a job with expectations attached? 

I'm flying out to the happiest place on earth on Sunday to start my new job  God is good.

LOL -- when I first read your post, I couldn't understand why they wanted him to "leap" off a car!!!! 

Good luck this weekend everyone --- we get our off week!!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1429 on: September 29, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »

wreck too funny  son said it was an old rusted corvette so at least he wouldn't have to drop his tall self too far for the leap  Needless to say, son isn't driving a new fine car either - but when he was just 16 he was driving my GMC Jimmy home from basketball camp in the heat of the day. I had the tires replaced that week, son didn't know this, but as he made the turn out of the parking lot one of the tires slipped completely off the rim. Not son's fault at all, obviously the tire shop's but son did not call me - he grabbed some teammates and they tried to fix it on their own for hours. It was so hot that the jack started sinking into the asphalt pavement, so finally he called me sooooo apologetic saying he was so sorry that maybe he took the turn too fast but that he would find a way to pay for it by mowing neighbor's lawns or babysitting.

It was one of those moments in life I was grateful that I have good kids !

Enjoy the bye week and I hope PDH and Cuz drop by soon.

Call-out to sharon - I meant to say hello to you when I saw your post  Miami will rebound !!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1430 on: October 05, 2011, 08:27:22 AM »

Made it out of Mad Town alive.  That was sure ugly.  I had deja vu of last year and a sick feeling in my stomach ever since.  We have Tommy Frazier's cousin who is supposed to be a good player (4 star recruit) sitting on the sidelines... so frustrating.

Got free tickets to this weekend's game against OSU.  I'm taking my niece who is a 5th grader - her first game.  She is so excited.  Plan on showing her a good time. 
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1431 on: October 06, 2011, 06:32:55 PM »

Bears fan here......

However this is for EVERYONE.

It's SO funny..... Warning, don't have any drink in your hand....hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOiF_qdQLI&feature=feedrec_grec_index

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1432 on: October 09, 2011, 01:03:19 PM »

Bean...saw Nebraska's comeback on Ohio State.....yall trying to be like the Hogs and Texas A&M? good way to raise your blood pressure huh?
none.....i want to hear more about your new job and move!!! how exciting! best thing i did a year ago!
well....sorry pd...but it was sure nice to avenge our loss to auburn last year! thank goodness we have a week off now to heal up for the next round of SEC opponents!
HAPPY FALL everybody....love this time of year!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1433 on: October 09, 2011, 05:37:03 PM »

Thanks Cuz!  I just got back from Lincoln.  Took my niece to her first ever game and boy was it memorable.  Biggest come from behind in school history.  I am exhausted.  Was at Wisconsin last week so last two weekends I have not been able to watch other games and am a bit behind as to who is hot etc.  We are off next week also and I need the rest. ha 

None - congrats on the new job!  Wishing you much success and happiness. 

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1434 on: October 10, 2011, 02:48:45 PM »

Venturing out....rarely leave the Dog House......only to replenish refreshments Smile

What a great game Frijole! Congratulations Smile

Congrats Nonesy! Land or World? Whenever you get the chance -- drop me a line -- would love to hear all about it. I used to know many at world.

::justice2NJ::  ::justice2NJ::

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1435 on: October 11, 2011, 08:18:57 AM »

Thanks Sharon.  Great to see you!  Kiwi's team is undefeated so we have to take over hosting this year Smile  We are off this week so I will gladly be in charge of the food and bevs this week. 
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1436 on: October 11, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »

Sorry I was away for the weekend. Thanks for running the Dawg House last Saturday. Bean I'd have to say Michigan at 6-0 looks better on paper than actually watching them. There are teams with one loss that when you watch them they look better than the Wolverines right now. Except for the extreme amount of penalties ASU looks better as an example. With time the new offense will gel and work. Unfortunately, the play book has been thrown out by the 3rd quarter and the team just lets Dennard run free. On the flip side the defense is way better than the previous few years, up to now.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1437 on: October 15, 2011, 11:27:18 PM »

sharon looks like no dawg house for you this weekend  not being a UNC football fan - congrats !! I'm flying in and out weekly and am in your neck of the woods. Once I stop drinking from the firehose I'll send you an email 

cuz - son is very close to you, I'll have to email or call you one night soon. Work is so demanding it's impossible to even get a phone call in lately, but it's a great project with cutting edge technology plus my boss is someone I've known and been dear friends with for nearly a decade. Doesn't get much better than that but I am flying in and out weekly........the one down side for now. So glad to hear you are still loving your new job !! 

I just haven't had time to check all of the games today, worked from home then fled to run a few errands, then dinner with friends and family. Hopefully I'll catch up soon........

son's team lost so off to the dawg house for me, but at least they got a few more points on the board for a change.......

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1438 on: October 16, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »

We played "BYE" Smile

Congrats to every one that won.  Drinks for all that did not. 

None congrats on the new gig.  Hope it is going great for you. 

Wreck - how did it feel to beat up on TX?    Congrats

Oregon sure looked good with their second stringers playing last night.  WOW.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1439 on: October 23, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »

none....so happy for you! it sure helps working for someone who knows and preciates you! now you have me guessing where the heck your son is!!! we you get a sec would love to hear about it!
bean i know what you mean about having an off week breather but i hope your huskers don't come out rusty next week like we did against ole miss. apparently the hogs can only play the second half thank goodness it has been enough so far. vanderbilt up next.
lots of great games to watch this past weekend.....that wisconsin michigan state ending was something! and TT (tommy tuberville) at TT (texas tech) pulled a big upset at oklahoma!
The world series game last night was awesome as well! pujoles was a beast!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.