March 28, 2024, 07:12:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049388 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1440 on: October 24, 2011, 10:21:11 PM »

Hi ya cuz!  We played BYE 2 weeks ago... we played Minnesota (close to a bye Smile) this last week.  We have Michigan State next!   

Haven' seen your team play but looks like you are having a good season!  Yeah, lots of good games last weeks and upsets too!  I can't believe TT beat OK.  I was too tired to stay up to watch it.

Wreck... your team is doing just fantastic!  I think you have a big game this week but sorry... I can't remember who you play next.  Lord ...

Good luck to all.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1441 on: October 25, 2011, 09:53:52 PM »

Hi ya cuz!  We played BYE 2 weeks ago... we played Minnesota (close to a bye Smile) this last week.  We have Michigan State next!   

Haven' seen your team play but looks like you are having a good season!  Yeah, lots of good games last weeks and upsets too!  I can't believe TT beat OK.  I was too tired to stay up to watch it.

Wreck... your team is doing just fantastic!  I think you have a big game this week but sorry... I can't remember who you play next.  Lord ...

Good luck to all.
I'm afraid to say anything -- might jinx us!!!  We play Baylor this week. I am also not going to say anything about the Texas Rangers!!! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1442 on: October 26, 2011, 07:30:21 AM »

Totally understand!  Cheering you on in the Big 12-2-1+1-1?  LOL  Go get the title!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1443 on: October 27, 2011, 03:21:06 AM »

Totally understand!  Cheering you on in the Big 12-2-1+1-1?  LOL  Go get the title!
I've been watching some of OSU's games this year definitely at a different level than Neb and Mich, were also cheering you on.
Hey Bean good luck against MSU they've been very lucky at home. Some of the things in our game against them should have been an ejection. Like being the late 4th guy on the QB, grabbing the face mask while the player is on the ground and giving it a twist. Hmm only a 15 yard penalty. I'm surprised that Robinson walked away from it.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1444 on: October 27, 2011, 09:34:17 PM »

Kiwi - thanks.. will take some luck since we have lost two of our starting DL in the last two weeks.  Gulp.  Yeah I watched the videos of that facemask episode on Denard.  Thank God he wasn't hurt.  Someone did that to Eric Crouch one year while he was still running and upright and the refs never called it either.  Check it out here... it is sick.

http://www.flixya.com/photo/6688/Ouch-facemask

We can only hope that the suspension and media attention given helps prevent that from happening to Martinez.  We know they plan on trying to injure him.  I'd prefer to win straight up but heh that's just me.  Glad this one is at home but wish it wasn't at 11 am.  I'll be drinking the vino EARLY!! 

So... who is everyone playing this week???
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1445 on: October 28, 2011, 05:37:34 PM »

Hopefully that style of play, overly ramped up for the rivalry.  MSU takes it pretty serious. You shouldn't have that problem of after the play is over penalties. You will take care of business this weekend. I'll be routing for Neb until our game.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1446 on: October 29, 2011, 07:03:10 AM »

Hopefully that style of play, overly ramped up for the rivalry.  MSU takes it pretty serious. You shouldn't have that problem of after the play is over penalties. You will take care of business this weekend. I'll be routing for Neb until our game.
My boss invited me to the game so I leave in an hour!  Cold out there but I'll be on the 35 yard line 20 rows up!  GO BIG RED. 
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1447 on: October 29, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »

good game bean! hoped you stayed warm! OSU rolled over Baylor really looking good wreck! oklohoma putting away unbeaten kansas state. hard attack hogs squeek by the might vanderbilt commodores!!!lol....really aaron rodgers little bro looked pretty good and vandy's coach made some pretty gutsy calls! thank goodness for the missed 26 yrd field goal with 10 seconds to go or who knows what would have happened in OT!
so any predictions for next weeks national championship game????
i sure don't know they are both beasts!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1448 on: October 30, 2011, 09:52:43 AM »

Our defense showed up!

Long day - temperature when I left my house was 27!  Sun came out and by end of game it was 60 and a beautiful fall day (we normally just have summer and winter so this is a treat) Smile  So proud of our guys - young team learning a bit each game. 

I was so tired I couldn't even stay up for the WI/OSU or USC/STND games last night.  Looks like lots of upsets yesterday.

Cuz - yeah the LSU vs Bama game will be fun to watch.  They are playing at a whole different level.  And it looks like Oklahoma St is also.  Congrats Wreck.  One game at a time. 

Happy Halloween everyone! 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1449 on: October 30, 2011, 09:52:58 PM »

with demands at work I haven't been able to keep up with the latest - but was able to attend one of son's team's games this weekend. Kiwi - thanks for keeping the lights on in the dawg house for we surely needed someplace to lick our wounds - yes another big big loss.........we need a cry emoticon !

High point was I did have 45 minutes with son the night before and ran him out for a steak dinner at outback - he's down to 210 pounds due to work  I sat with the parents in the stands - always interesting...........then got a few more hugs before they headed out for the airport after the game.

Son said that tickets (scalped/resales) for the LSU vs Bama game are already going for 2K and up. I hope Spooky has some tickets, might turn a pretty dollar for her.

Back to work.........hope everyone is well despite the winter snow storms !

oh just gotta post this, I see Renfro is one of our emoticons now?  Monkey Devil!    Renfro ->

I continue to stand with the girl.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1450 on: November 04, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »

with demands at work I haven't been able to keep up with the latest - but was able to attend one of son's team's games this weekend. Kiwi - thanks for keeping the lights on in the dawg house for we surely needed someplace to lick our wounds - yes another big big loss.........we need a cry emoticon !

High point was I did have 45 minutes with son the night before and ran him out for a steak dinner at outback - he's down to 210 pounds due to work  I sat with the parents in the stands - always interesting...........then got a few more hugs before they headed out for the airport after the game.

Son said that tickets (scalped/resales) for the LSU vs Bama game are already going for 2K and up. I hope Spooky has some tickets, might turn a pretty dollar for her.

Back to work.........hope everyone is well despite the winter snow storms !

oh just gotta post this, I see Renfro is one of our emoticons now?  Monkey Devil!    Renfro ->
Good to hear your feeding him well at least once in awhile. Your welcome to enjoy Nebraska and Michigan's success we won't mind. Actually, if both teams combined that could be a NC team. For now we are just happy to see the improvement.
How about LSU, Bama and OS....... without mentioning the last one? All three are definitely playing well.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1451 on: November 05, 2011, 08:28:19 AM »

Thanks Kiwi, it was good to see him and I was happy to feed him too! Miss him sorely already.........but missing everyone, haven't been "home" from this project in a month now.

I'll be watching the epic game tonight for sure, up early working on new revisions to project plans so I will have time to watch! I wish I could keep up with all the SM teams progress this season but fear I've hardly had time to bathe and sleep........

So  for all the monkey teams playing today - go get 'em !!

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1452 on: November 07, 2011, 03:25:19 PM »

Wow. Joe Pa I am disappointed.  We play Penn State this week.  I am in shock.  Did any of you read the report from the grand jury?  It is beyond sick.  Lots of people going to jail and many more will lose their jobs over this one.  Makes USC, Ohio, Auburn and all the other scandals seem like nothing.

Wreck congrats on the W!  Exciting game.  Whew.  Keep it up.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1453 on: November 07, 2011, 05:50:33 PM »

Wow. Joe Pa I am disappointed.  We play Penn State this week.  I am in shock.  Did any of you read the report from the grand jury?  It is beyond sick.  Lots of people going to jail and many more will lose their jobs over this one.  Makes USC, Ohio, Auburn and all the other scandals seem like nothing.

Wreck congrats on the W!  Exciting game.  Whew.  Keep it up.

There's a thread titled "Former Penn State Coach Jerry Sandusky Charged with Sexually Abusing 8 Boys"  if anyone would like to read, comment or add information & articles.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12322.0
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:52:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1454 on: November 08, 2011, 11:01:36 PM »

Wow. Joe Pa I am disappointed.  We play Penn State this week.  I am in shock.  Did any of you read the report from the grand jury?  It is beyond sick.  Lots of people going to jail and many more will lose their jobs over this one.  Makes USC, Ohio, Auburn and all the other scandals seem like nothing.

Wreck congrats on the W!  Exciting game.  Whew.  Keep it up.

There's a thread titled "Former Penn State Coach Jerry Sandusky Charged with Sexually Abusing 8 Boys"  if anyone would like to read, comment or add information & articles.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12322.0
This scandal @ PSU is going to knock the socks off the Ohio State, USC, et al embrolios (sp?) the last few  years ----------- not even close. I agree with Frijole!! What makes this so reprehensible is that the school, Joe Pa etc. did not just sweep this under the rug, they did NOT put an end to it!! They allowed at least 6 more young boys to be violated by this cretin.
May they all rot in hell -- the death penalty for Penn State is too good for them.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1455 on: November 09, 2011, 07:14:48 AM »

Read some interesting stuff yesterday... Victim count was up to 28 last night and will grow.  Rumored that 4 to 6 current coaches will be implicated.  Joe was asked to resign and he has refused.  The Board is split.  Some wanted all coaches fired and games forfeited for rest of season.  Others are saying let Joe coach against Nebraska and resign immediately AFTER the game (it is Senior day) then fire remaining coaches after season.

There was rioting on the campus last night.  NU fans with tickets are frightened.  They were just awful in 02.  My Dad who coached his whole life said he had never seen anything like their fans and almost got into a fight with them!  He said he'd never go back.  I can't imagine what the atmosphere will be like this weekend.  It will be a dangerous circus.

God bless the innocent kids that have been injured by all this selfishness.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1456 on: November 09, 2011, 08:12:04 AM »

Read some interesting stuff yesterday... Victim count was up to 28 last night and will grow.  Rumored that 4 to 6 current coaches will be implicated.  Joe was asked to resign and he has refused.  The Board is split.  Some wanted all coaches fired and games forfeited for rest of season.  Others are saying let Joe coach against Nebraska and resign immediately AFTER the game (it is Senior day) then fire remaining coaches after season.

There was rioting on the campus last night.  NU fans with tickets are frightened.  They were just awful in 02.  My Dad who coached his whole life said he had never seen anything like their fans and almost got into a fight with them!  He said he'd never go back.  I can't imagine what the atmosphere will be like this weekend.  It will be a dangerous circus.

God bless the innocent kids that have been injured by all this selfishness.

Before I went to bed, I had seen there were two phone numbers set up for victims to be able to call in and report, with the number of victims doubled from the initial count from 8 to17. And now I see in your post it's up to 28 and will grow.    I haven't read the news headlines from this morning, but it's sounding bad.  Rioting on campus?     I think some need to take a step back and get things into perspective.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1457 on: November 09, 2011, 10:48:27 PM »

PSU trustees fire Paterno, Spanier
By GENARO C. ARMAS, Associated Press
16 minutes ago

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP)—Penn State trustees fired football coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier (SPAN<-yer) amid the growing furor over how the school handled sex abuse allegations against an assistant coach.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-pennstate-abuse

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1458 on: November 09, 2011, 10:52:45 PM »

http://espn.go.com/

On ESPN & WatchESPN.com: Penn State reaction

I have never been speechless...

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1459 on: November 09, 2011, 11:33:38 PM »

I have never been AFRAID of a football game.  In 2002 Penn State fans threw broken bottles on our cheerleaders, urine balloons on our fans and my 64 yr old father had to be restrained from retaliating against punks that were pushing innocent Nebraska fans down steps.  And we lost the game for crying out loud!  I cannot imagine what will happen this weekend.  If you know anything about our fanbase - we wear our colors.  They call us the Sea of Red.  Fans are actually talking about being afraid to wear red on Saturday.  I'm not sure this game is safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.