March 28, 2024, 09:13:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049416 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1560 on: April 11, 2012, 12:22:22 AM »

Thanks Klaas, I fear I can't keep up with photobucket or flickr anymore, too much work.

Yes very glad son kept his job, this economy has impacted football programs too, it's just not discussed out loud.

Cuz - I'm so sorry Petrino is in hot water now.

I continue to stand with the girl.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1561 on: May 01, 2012, 08:10:38 PM »

How did everyone's spring practices go?? I was telling Frijole in the Natalee thread that we were all shocked we have already named a true freshman starting QB already! He enrolled in January and went thru spring drills! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1562 on: May 02, 2012, 07:04:57 AM »

Dude must be awesome to come in as a true frosh and get the call so early.  How's everything else look?  You going to take the crown this year?

WE don't know much about how things are going - the day of our spring game was the day all those tornadoes were hitting OK, KS, NE so it was cancelled.  I took the 3 kids to Lincoln, got autographs and Husker gear for them at the store - then headed to the stadium... it started downpouring - we waited inside the concourse for almost 2 hrs before they called it - had a picnic on the concrete floor with thousands of others donning red... ha  but we never got to see them play and Bo doesn't say much other than "we had a nice spring, everyone stepped it up and i like what i saw, we are in good shape" 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1563 on: May 27, 2012, 12:40:33 PM »

I don't see a lot of programs saying too much this season regarding spring and predictions. I think how high the stakes are for HC's now makes them all cautious.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1564 on: July 11, 2012, 02:24:52 AM »

For anyone that is interested in watching the progression of the Husky Stadium renovation, here is the website. It is interesting watching such a structure being built with all the technology that allows fans to watch it day by day. It will be the most beautiful football venue in the country when done. I guess I am a bit biased though  Go Dawgs!!

http://oxblue.com/open/huskystadium

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1565 on: July 29, 2012, 03:46:09 PM »

KTF - know you are proud and excited.

I guess I am surprised to see no discussion around Penn State - ultimately such a price to pay to protect one of their own? As with all things, the underbelly can so threaten the good parts, right?

Well son's been working like a trojan to get ready for fall camp that starts tomorrow -

so let the games begin!! 

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1566 on: August 04, 2012, 02:31:28 AM »

I guess I am surprised to see no discussion around Penn State - ultimately such a price to pay to protect one of their own? As with all things, the underbelly can so threaten the good parts, right?

Well son's been working like a trojan to get ready for fall camp that starts tomorrow -

so let the games begin!! 

Hello None,

Hope all is well with you and the family. The Penn St. situation is sad from so many different angles. What do you do? It is sad to penalize the kids who are completely innocent of these horrific crimes, but it seems from the outside looking in, that everyone that was in the know had something to do with the football program; from the athletic department, all the way up to the president, Graham Spanier. I think far more attention needs to be focused on him.

Extremely proud of what is taking place on the shores of Montlake, as well as extremely excited for the season to begin. I wish your son continued success with coaching and know he will touch the young mens lives in a very positive way. It would be great if one day he became the head coach of the University of Washington, and I could be an honorary coach with field privileges year round...This monkey never says never. I can dream   an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1567 on: August 04, 2012, 02:35:02 AM »

Wreck,

We start spring ball on Monday. Woof! Woof! Whose house? Dawgs house!!!

I will be traveling down to Baton Rouge for our game against LSU. Spending a few days in New Orleans, and then on to Death Valley. I'm very excited to be able to experience the SEC environment, as I may never get another opportunity in my lifetime. We all have learned that you must live for the moment, but be prepared for the future.

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1568 on: August 04, 2012, 11:47:54 AM »

so let the games begin!! 

Hello None,

Hope all is well with you and the family. The Penn St. situation is sad from so many different angles. What do you do? It is sad to penalize the kids who are completely innocent of these horrific crimes, but it seems from the outside looking in, that everyone that was in the know had something to do with the football program; from the athletic department, all the way up to the president, Graham Spanier. I think far more attention needs to be focused on him.

Extremely proud of what is taking place on the shores of Montlake, as well as extremely excited for the season to begin. I wish your son continued success with coaching and know he will touch the young mens lives in a very positive way. It would be great if one day he became the head coach of the University of Washington, and I could be an honorary coach with field privileges year round...This monkey never says never. I can dream   an angelic monkey

Hi KTF,

Thank  you for your kind remarks about son. He's in his second season as a grad assistant coach, new HC from a strong TX program and he's working around the clock to do his best for him. I'm on the west coast now, couldn't find a job on the east coast but trying not to complain about that. I have meaningful work and a boss I quite like, plenty of challenges but with a company that is growing. Now if I could just sell my home back east....we actually have clients in WA too 

I'm glad to see you so excited about your team and their prominence, I see that LSU was ranked #1 in the pre-season polls so I'm expecting you and yours to go knock them off that pedestal !!

Yep, fall ball has started. I look at the camp photos every night hoping to catch a glimpse of son. He is growing up into a fine man, he's brought me to tears recently on Mother's Day and my birthday for he's been caring and loving in his efforts and his phone calls. I do truly believe he can influence these young men so positively, with his work ethic and his integrity about the game. He got emotional last week when he was talking about the coming season when he said "I know how to win, I know I can help make that happen". I'm hopeful for him, their program has to trend up this season and quickly - but they have a new QB transfer that just might help make that curve. Son was talking about how "brilliant" this kid is, that he's a superior student, on top of his skills, plus he plays the piano by ear. Son loves music, I could tell how impressed he is!

Take care 

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1569 on: August 07, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »

none- what part of the West?
Hey its almost time to reopen Kiwi's Dog House for the season. Interesting that I'll get to start out there right after our first game. Mich vs Alabama.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1570 on: August 12, 2012, 04:31:35 PM »

southern Cal Kiwi - you start this season against LSU?? Well at least no Honey Badger, right?

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1571 on: August 13, 2012, 04:07:42 PM »

None- ASU has Northern Arizona University as the first game. Michigan has Alabama Sept 1st in Ann Arbor. Washington has LSU the second game of the season I believe.
         Southern Cal that's about as far west as you can go. Nicer weather than the 112 temps in Phoenix.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1572 on: August 14, 2012, 09:17:45 AM »

Kiwi - ASU should win easily and good luck with LSU, they will be tough to beat as will Bama.

We're having a heat wave this week, A/C went out in our 3rd floor office late yesterday - a mess for we have our busiest week of the month this week. This is when I hate being in charge! Ironically, got a call from a headhunter that secured me an interview with a global company last year that has circled back now wanting to "name your price" to take a position back east. Have to look at it, like the role and company I am with now but just too expensive to live out here and too far away from family. At least back east it's less expensive too!!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1573 on: August 14, 2012, 04:49:58 PM »

Kiwi - ASU should win easily and good luck with LSU, they will be tough to beat as will Bama.

We're having a heat wave this week, A/C went out in our 3rd floor office late yesterday - a mess for we have our busiest week of the month this week. This is when I hate being in charge! Ironically, got a call from a headhunter that secured me an interview with a global company last year that has circled back now wanting to "name your price" to take a position back east. Have to look at it, like the role and company I am with now but just too expensive to live out here and too far away from family. At least back east it's less expensive too!!
"name your price" is good. Having mobility to be flexible take it while you can!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1574 on: August 17, 2012, 03:13:39 PM »

Just a correction Michigan and Alabama's game on Sept 1st evening is at a neutral site Cowboy Stadium Texas. I got a little off since some of the sports scheduling programs listed this game as a home game for Mich and then as a home game for Bama. I will try to put a correct start time but this may have to wait until were correctly listed on what ever station that has the game. Just don't want to be off by a time zone.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1575 on: August 18, 2012, 08:44:07 PM »

"name your price" is good. Having mobility to be flexible take it while you can!

true to form, no word back from the headhunter - really? 

I had not heard that Bill Stewart had suddenly died either - somehow tripped across it today when WVU dedicated a plaque to his memory.

He was a good ole southern coach, during recruiting for son Bill used to call me to tell me "momma needs to be happy with his decision, momma needs to help guide him on the best place for him". He was the only coach to call me "momma" or to ever say it should be my decision. He stuck with me with that, still remember it like it was yesterday.

I saw this clip of his "leave no doubt" speech for WVU's team at the Fiesta Bowl, thought I'd share - Bless his family.

http://www.wvmetronews.com/news.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=52821

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1576 on: August 18, 2012, 08:59:53 PM »

Hi guys!  Good to see some folks back... I used to check in frequently but it was dead so I sort of forgot about it til now.  Almost our favorite time of year.  Hope everyone's teams are healthy and ready to compete. 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1577 on: August 30, 2012, 08:31:41 AM »

Season begins tonight!   
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1578 on: August 30, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »

Yeppers sure does 

Just booked my flight to go watch son coach against one of his alma mater's   

I was reading on ESPN and the pundits say Bo's got to deliver more wins this season - what do you think?

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1579 on: August 30, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »

The Huskies have San Diego St. this Saturday. No game is a give me, but we should take care of business if we come ready to play. Our offense is going to be pretty good with a couple of true freshman starting. Jaydon Mickens, who almost went to Okie St., and Kendyl Taylor who has NFL bloodlines. I believe the 49rs great John Taylor is his uncle. We brought in some new defensive guys in Justin Wilcox, Peter Sirmon, Tosh Lupoi(considered one of the best recruiters in the country), and Keith Heyward. the defense is going to be the key to the season. If we can show some improvement and and get teams off the field with a few more three and outs, we could have a good year. After the San Diego St. game, I'm heading down to the Bayou for the UW vs. LSU game. Gonna be a real treat to experience such great tradition and southern hospitality down in Louisiana. Hope all is well with my college football Monkeys!!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.