March 28, 2024, 11:16:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049443 times)
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1640 on: October 28, 2012, 09:43:41 PM »

Congrads to Nebraska! Nice win over Michigan. I liked how the coaches talked after the game. Thought it was a very clean game. Although the video review process seems like a few more angles would speed up the process.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1641 on: October 28, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »

Thanks Kiwi.  Very sorry to see DR go down - would have made the win more enjoyable had he played the entire game.  From what they said he's had this before?  Scary.  Hope he heals and can play next week.  Who do you play next week?

FWIW it didn't come out but quite a few of our starters got the flu bug two days before the game - some played and some didn't.  Guess there were a few on IV's the night before the game.  Glad I learned about it afterwards.  We lost that wide reciever that was injured on the first play (kick off) of the game for the season - torn ACL and MCL.

Heard the MI fans that came seemed to have a great time.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1642 on: November 03, 2012, 10:54:19 PM »

Congrats Bean on your win. I'm spending nearly every weekend in the dawghouse, son's team cannot buy a win!

I did make his game coaching against one of his alma maters and have to say it was beyond wonderful to see him. I'll send you photos Bean, too tired tonight but will try to tomorrow.

Looks like the Bama vs LSU game is closer than predicted, still some time to go but have to expect Les is chomping at the bit to win that one.

I miss PDH !!

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1643 on: November 04, 2012, 09:48:56 AM »

Good to hear from you None!  Glad you got to see your son coach again.  Re my team - they are now dubbed the Heart Attack Huskers having to come from behind double digits 3 times this year.  We are in a dead heat with Michigan to play in the conf champ game so it's tough all the way to the end right Kiwi? 

That LSU/Bama game was something.   
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1644 on: November 05, 2012, 01:23:34 PM »

Bean Nebraska should be highly favored to make the playoff. Michigan has Ohio St last game and a tie with wins goes Husker's way. Good job beating Mich St wasn't too sad there! Also it was nice seeing last years back up QB Devon Gardner playing against Minn. Should have put him in for the Neb game instead of him staying out there as a WR. Robinson did not play.
Hey it would be nice if PDH was here. More company in the Dawghouse.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1645 on: November 05, 2012, 01:59:16 PM »

Thanks Kiwi... we are so sporadic we don't take any game - not even IA and MN for granted!  LOL  That said - we don't want to play Oregon!  Go Ducks!  Make it to the big dance please!

You are right - I saw some of your game this week and couldn't believe they didn't put in Gardner.  He's good! Alot of what was done by your OC had me scratching my head but we only have part of the story I guess.

Good luck the rest of the way!  Yeah PDH has got to be going crazy with Auburn being a complete wreck.  I knew that coach was worthless at IA State.  He was hired because he knew the secrets at Auburn (hired in the middle of the investigation) and was a yes man.  Worthless coach but he had some great athletes... Now that he's had to coach them up... ouch.  True colors are showing.  Auburn deserves better than Chizik.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1646 on: November 12, 2012, 12:50:48 PM »

Bean- Nebraska is still moving on! Getting near the end of the season. Some how we survived last weekend with Northwestern with a fluke tipped 50yd  pass to the 10yd line. We had zero timeouts, 30sec left on the clock. Time lapsed to 7sec before Gardner spiked the ball. Followed by field goal to tie.  Using Gardner at QB Dennard is still out.
Unfortunate for Alabama last weekend. I still believe that was just a blip for them. Having watched  Michigan play ND and Bama their is no way ND is even close.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1647 on: November 13, 2012, 07:34:38 AM »

Thanks for the update!  Yes lots of football still to be played.  That last second win was remarkable.  Gardner is a gamer for sure.  Unreal he was WR but guess he was needed on the field. 
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1648 on: November 13, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »

Bean with Dennard at QB they thought Gardner at 6'4" would be more involved in the offense at WR. Unfortunately, they forgot about him in our game Neb-Mich. Coming in cold may have had the same outcome. You have Minn next and then Iowa. Michigan finishes with Iowa and Ohio State.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1649 on: November 13, 2012, 07:27:08 PM »

I scored tickets to this week's game.  What makes it exciting for me is it is senior day AND Tom Osborne's last home game as AD... there will be some major celebrations etc for the event I am sure.. including lots of the former players in town and on the field.  Sad to see his tenure come to an end but glad I can be there.  Good luck with Iowa Kiwi... don't beat 'em up too bad Smile  I'm glad we end with IA and you have OSU.. yikes that game was a nightmare for us. 
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1650 on: November 18, 2012, 02:46:07 PM »

Latest AP Poll: 2012 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 13 (Nov. 18)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

1. ND
2. Bama
3. Georgia
4. OH St.
5. Oregon
6. Florida
7. Kansas St
8. LSU
9. Texas A&M
10. Florida St
11. Stanford
12. Clemson

Sorry, but with no due respect to AP Coaches poll, your continued BS love affair with Oregon and KS state is just that. BS. The Ducks and K St were shown to be frauds Saturday night and everyone outside of Eugene, OR and Manhattan, KS knew it. Sorry, but the Ducks Xbox video game offense once again got punched in the mouth and folded. K State was an accident waiting to happen and was shown to be a complete fraud by an unranked Baylor team. Sorry, you do not get to lose a game by 4 TD's to an unranked team having pretty much playing no one and get to stay in the top 10 of the BCS.

Also, with regards to OR, they too have once again shown they are the same old video game offense who folds once they are presented with a defense. Stanford just showed us what would have happened had the ducks played an Irish or SEC defense in a Championship game.

If ND beats a down USC next week they will be playing for a BCS National Championship and much to those who hate Southeastern football. I should say are jealous. The BCS National Championship still runs through the SEC Championship game.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1651 on: November 18, 2012, 10:02:02 PM »

So how do you really feel Red?  I should have guessed we'd hear from you this week!  Good timing.  Congrats on the #1 rating.  I'd say your chances of being at the dance are excellent as I don't think USC is all that they are made out to be by the talking heads.

The BCS mess will be real interesting.  I'll cheer for ND just so it isn't an all SEC dance again.... getting very old.  Good to see some other teams coming back into the picture and hopefully a sign that things are changing... it is all cyclical as we both know. lol.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1652 on: November 19, 2012, 12:22:43 AM »

I knew Red would come out to celebrate 

I can't say I've paid much attention to the rankings until I saw ND pull ahead of Bama.

Son has had such a hard season, lot to be said for how character-building it is to play on successful teams in college and then end up coaching for one at the bottom of their conference. Happy to say they are finally improving some, too late in the season to help much with a bowl bid but redeeming for the team and their patient fans. Two wins back - to -back. I honestly think the team also needed to learn to believe they could win too....

Bean enjoy those games, I surely miss them and having only attended one all season - feels like withdrawals!

Continued cheers for all the monkey teams 

I continue to stand with the girl.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1653 on: November 20, 2012, 11:54:49 AM »

1. ND
2. Bama
3. Georgia
4. OH St.
5. Oregon
6. Florida
7. Kansas St
8. LSU
9. Texas A&M
10. Florida St
11. Stanford
12. Clemson

Sorry, but with no due respect to AP Coaches poll, your continued BS love affair with Oregon and KS state is just that. BS. The Ducks and K St were shown to be frauds Saturday night and everyone outside of Eugene, OR and Manhattan, KS knew it. Sorry, but the Ducks Xbox video game offense once again got punched in the mouth and folded. K State was an accident waiting to happen and was shown to be a complete fraud by an unranked Baylor team. Sorry, you do not get to lose a game by 4 TD's to an unranked team having pretty much playing no one and get to stay in the top 10 of the BCS.

Also, with regards to OR, they too have once again shown they are the same old video game offense who folds once they are presented with a defense. Stanford just showed us what would have happened had the ducks played an Irish or SEC defense in a Championship game.

If ND beats a down USC next week they will be playing for a BCS National Championship and much to those who hate Southeastern football. I should say are jealous. The BCS National Championship still runs through the SEC Championship game.

I was waiting for this ever since you insulted my OSU Cowboys last year!!!      

Notre Dame is better than in years' past -- but still Notre Dame. They will still blow it -- plenty of time!  Monkey Devil!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1654 on: November 21, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »

1. ND
2. Bama
3. Georgia
4. OH St.
5. Oregon
6. Florida
7. Kansas St
8. LSU
9. Texas A&M
10. Florida St
11. Stanford
12. Clemson

Another thing........................... if the SEC is so high and mighty (they only play each other - so it's hard to tell anyways).....................how did the #7 team from the Big 12 (TX A&M) beat Alabama??????????????????? Big offense can play with Big Defense ...................... that is why you could not rule out Oklahoma State last year  IF they were able to play in the National Championship game!!! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1655 on: November 21, 2012, 11:33:32 PM »

Wreck how you been?  It is hard to know unless there is a reference point with common opponents.  Each conference plays differently - trust me having just transitioned to the B1G. 

Who you playing this week?  We play Iowa and a win gets us into the conference championship dance.   If we lose and Michigan beats OSU then Kiwi's team gets to dance.

Happy Turkey day to everyone! 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1656 on: November 22, 2012, 01:29:57 AM »

Wreck how you been?  It is hard to know unless there is a reference point with common opponents.  Each conference plays differently - trust me having just transitioned to the B1G. 

Who you playing this week?  We play Iowa and a win gets us into the conference championship dance.   If we lose and Michigan beats OSU then Kiwi's team gets to dance.

Hey!! We play the big "Bedlam" game with OU this weekend. Don't look now, but we have only 1 loss in the Big 12 and are right there in the title picture again. We are starting our 3rd string QB for the 3rd week in a row (even though our # 1 and # 2 are both back available)! I am rooting for Nebraska!!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1657 on: November 22, 2012, 01:35:04 AM »

Hey!! We play the big "Bedlam" game with OU this weekend. Don't look now, but we have only 1 loss in the Big 12 and are right there in the title picture again. We are starting our 3rd string QB for the 3rd week in a row (even though our # 1 and # 2 are both back available)! I am rooting for Nebraska!!

My bad ..... 2 losses in Big 12 .. but scenario remains the same -- beat OU and Baylor and we could still be in Big 12 dance!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1658 on: November 22, 2012, 09:37:15 AM »

What a space cadet I am forgetting that this is rivalry week!  DUH.  Good luck!  We'd be in deep doo-doo if we had to play our 3rd string QB because he had knee surgery and is out.    I don't know if we have a 4th stringer.  Good luck the rest of the season.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1659 on: November 22, 2012, 12:14:05 PM »

So how do you really feel Red?  I should have guessed we'd hear from you this week!  Good timing.  Congrats on the #1 rating.  I'd say your chances of being at the dance are excellent as I don't think USC is all that they are made out to be by the talking heads.

The BCS mess will be real interesting.  I'll cheer for ND just so it isn't an all SEC dance again.... getting very old.  Good to see some other teams coming back into the picture and hopefully a sign that things are changing... it is all cyclical as we both know. lol.

I feel like I have been waiting 15-20 years to say that ND is actually relevant again. The difference this year wuth ND as compared to years past, is that ND earned their ranking. I am a huge ND fan but I am the first to admit that all too often they were given New Years Day bowl games and ranked higher than they should of based on their stories past, not the present.

We shall see what happens in their rivalry game against Southern Cal. What I learned this year in college footbal is anything can happen.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Frijole
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.