March 29, 2024, 03:17:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049658 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1700 on: December 08, 2012, 08:37:15 PM »

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 198
:  The holidays will be here soon, and we’ll have to face the first season without Natalee.   People ask what I will do, how we’ll get through it.  But it’s not the holidays and birthdays that get to me.  It’s the milestones.  Natalee would be looking forward to her winter break after her first semester at college.  But she isn’t coming home from college for Christmas.  She isn’t coming home.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1701 on: December 08, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »

Kiwi you should get a visor to wear while you watch the game with voodoo pins in it for Spurrier. That said, my son wears only visors and I've tried not to think about that association  Go have chicken for dinner, ok?

Son's team didn't get a bowl bid but they did improve to 4W/4L in their conference games by season end, so next year will be better we hope but then it was their seniors that stepped up in the end. We shall see.

I see Tubby has bolted for Cinncinati post Jones move to TN - the carousel begins. Who next for Texas A & M? Gruden?

We'll all be together for xmas, grateful for that but my daughter broke her hand prior to Tgiving then they noticed irregularities during that surgery with her bone density. So more tests followed out to concerns and she's now been diagnosed with a tumor on her pituitary gland. Gratefully chances are it's benign but she will undergo surgery after xmas to remove it, daunting to say the very least. So if you can spare a prayer for her I'm asking...........she's my sweet child and so does not deserve all she's going through. So hold your families close and enjoy this holiday season.

I will keep your daughter in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm sure everything will go well with the surgery.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1702 on: December 08, 2012, 09:32:58 PM »

Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel Wins 2012 Heisman Trophy

By Alex Kay (Featured Columnist) on December 8, 2012

Johnny Manziel has won the Heisman. The voters have selected Johnathan Paul Manziel of the Texas A&M Aggies as the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner.

The 20-year-old quarterback—more affectionately known around College Station as “Johnny Football”—is just the second TAMU player ever to win the award and first since halfback John David Crow took home the honors back in 1957.

Perhaps most impressively, Johnny Football has become the first freshman to capture the award in its illustrious, 78-year history.

Manziel beat out Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o and Kansas State signal-caller Collin Klein for the nod as the most outstanding player in college football. It was a close race, but ultimately the Aggies QB’s numbers were too hard to ignore.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1432183-texas-am-qb-johnny-manziel-wins-2012-heisman-trophy
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1703 on: December 08, 2012, 10:00:59 PM »

Wow am I behind.  First off - None I'm so glad they caught the tumor... by chance is it cushing's?  Haley had a pituitary tumor but they don't remove them from dogs - too small.  Poor thing.  Keep us posted - sending love!!!! 

So Johnny Football won the Heisman.  Kid gave a nice speech for such a young man.  All 3 were obviously great guys. 

On to the bowls where they have the strangest match ups imaginable!  Good luck to all.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1704 on: December 09, 2012, 08:03:42 AM »

Tons of good thoughts headed your way, Nonesy -- for you and your family

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1705 on: December 09, 2012, 08:14:56 AM »

WASHINGTON HUSKIES

VIVA LAS VEGAS

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1706 on: December 09, 2012, 10:03:40 AM »

Thank you Klaas, Tamikosonsmom, San, Bean, & Sharon. Everyone's prayers mean so much, from your lips to God's ears.

Bean, no it's not Cushings. Hers is located on the pituitary stem next to the brain, so they are unsure until they open her up if it's pituitary or brain cancer. In discussion with her father this weekend I learned that her great-aunt had a brain tumor in the 70's that was larger and malignant, but she survived to live until 80. I never knew and his aunt was full of life so I am so hopeful we have caught this in time and that she will have a normal life span and a good life. Lesson learned, know your family medical history......

I continue to stand with the girl.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1707 on: December 09, 2012, 10:10:15 AM »

Nonesuche    Your family are in my thoughts and prayers, with special prayers for your daughter. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1708 on: December 09, 2012, 10:13:43 AM »

None -  please know we are all sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your daughter.  Do keep us posted ok?  So glad it was caught early. 
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1709 on: December 09, 2012, 12:18:12 PM »

Since we spoke last -- several more college job openings and still no Jon Gruden in any of them!!! ..................... AMAZING!! 

If Gruden does anything he will take a pro job. There is no way he is going from SuperBowl winning NFL coach back to college. The college game is such a different animal, especially with the recruiting and 1000's of NCAA rules.

Rumor has it that he was contacting other asst coaches to see if they would be available. I could see him in Dallas next year, SD or another spot that opens up. Although, he has a pretty good job with ESPN.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1710 on: December 09, 2012, 12:25:17 PM »

Kiwi you should get a visor to wear while you watch the game with voodoo pins in it for Spurrier. That said, my son wears only visors and I've tried not to think about that association  Go have chicken for dinner, ok?

Son's team didn't get a bowl bid but they did improve to 4W/4L in their conference games by season end, so next year will be better we hope but then it was their seniors that stepped up in the end. We shall see.

I see Tubby has bolted for Cinncinati post Jones move to TN - the carousel begins. Who next for Texas A & M? Gruden?

We'll all be together for xmas, grateful for that but my daughter broke her hand prior to Tgiving then they noticed irregularities during that surgery with her bone density. So more tests followed out to concerns and she's now been diagnosed with a tumor on her pituitary gland. Gratefully chances are it's benign but she will undergo surgery after xmas to remove it, daunting to say the very least. So if you can spare a prayer for her I'm asking...........she's my sweet child and so does not deserve all she's going through. So hold your families close and enjoy this holiday season.

I will keep your daughter in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm sure everything will go well with the surgery.

None ... I had missed this orginal comment.

My prayers are with you and your daughter that all will be ok. I pray for the Miracles of the Christmas Season be with you and your family.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1711 on: December 10, 2012, 01:44:05 PM »

Thank you Klaas, Tamikosonsmom, San, Bean, & Sharon. Everyone's prayers mean so much, from your lips to God's ears.

Bean, no it's not Cushings. Hers is located on the pituitary stem next to the brain, so they are unsure until they open her up if it's pituitary or brain cancer. In discussion with her father this weekend I learned that her great-aunt had a brain tumor in the 70's that was larger and malignant, but she survived to live until 80. I never knew and his aunt was full of life so I am so hopeful we have caught this in time and that she will have a normal life span and a good life. Lesson learned, know your family medical history......

None

In 1990 ... I had a LARGE benign tumor (acoustic neuroma) removed during a 13 hour surgical procedure.  Apparently it had been growing for up to ten years.  Other than a gradual loss of hearing over the years ... I did not have any concerning symptoms.  Anyway ... following a rough recovery period (emotionally and physically) ... a complete loss of hearing in one ear and ... putting my family through a literal h--- on earth ... I am still alive and kicking almost 23 years later.  Nevertheless ... when all is said and done I would willingly go through it all again if it meant sparing one of my kids/their spouses/grandkids.

The prayers of others upholding me and my family are always appreciated but during that dark period those prayers were a lifeline.  Sometimes when overwhelmed ... it is sooo difficult to reach up to The Light.

Along with other Monkeys who have experienced adversity ... "nonesuche's" daughter and family have been added to our church's ladies' prayer chain.

None ... please keep us updated.  Maybe your posts could be copied to the Prayer thread.

None ... Christmas Blessings to you and yours.

Love, Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1712 on: December 10, 2012, 01:46:04 PM »

<Respectfully snipped by Tamikosmom>

_____

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1713 on: December 10, 2012, 03:11:04 PM »

None- Wow I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter. My prayers are with you and your family. So now that you've thrown me a little. I'm getting a visor and a chicken tonight. Is there special pins needed?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1714 on: December 22, 2012, 03:05:30 PM »

WASHINGTON HUSKIES VS BOISE ST. BRONCOS

SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE!!

GO DAWGS!!

KTF

MERRY CHRISTMAS

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1715 on: December 23, 2012, 09:23:54 AM »

Merry Christmas! 

Eat,  , be merry, and lots of 

Peace on Earth.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1716 on: December 30, 2012, 10:05:02 AM »

None ... I had missed this orginal comment.

My prayers are with you and your daughter that all will be ok. I pray for the Miracles of the Christmas Season be with you and your family.

Red, thank you. She's holding up and will undergo radiation prior to surgery. I appreciate your prayers. The prognosis long-term is good, it's just getting thru the treatments that's the current challenge. I hope you had a good holiday. Son was able to come home and so we were all together for the holiday. Now I have to return to the west coast and I admit it's breaking my heart to leave her....

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1717 on: December 30, 2012, 10:05:41 AM »

Nonesuche    Your family are in my thoughts and prayers, with special prayers for your daughter. 

Thank you Muffy, God bless.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1718 on: December 30, 2012, 10:07:02 AM »

None

In 1990 ... I had a LARGE benign tumor (acoustic neuroma) removed during a 13 hour surgical procedure.  Apparently it had been growing for up to ten years.  Other than a gradual loss of hearing over the years ... I did not have any concerning symptoms.  Anyway ... following a rough recovery period (emotionally and physically) ... a complete loss of hearing in one ear and ... putting my family through a literal h--- on earth ... I am still alive and kicking almost 23 years later.  Nevertheless ... when all is said and done I would willingly go through it all again if it meant sparing one of my kids/their spouses/grandkids.

The prayers of others upholding me and my family are always appreciated but during that dark period those prayers were a lifeline.  Sometimes when overwhelmed ... it is sooo difficult to reach up to The Light.

Along with other Monkeys who have experienced adversity ... "nonesuche's" daughter and family have been added to our church's ladies' prayer chain.

None ... please keep us updated.  Maybe your posts could be copied to the Prayer thread.

None ... Christmas Blessings to you and yours.

Love, Janet

Big Hugs to you Janet 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1719 on: December 30, 2012, 10:08:23 AM »

None- Wow I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter. My prayers are with you and your family. So now that you've thrown me a little. I'm getting a visor and a chicken tonight. Is there special pins needed?

Kiwi, thank you for your prayers. I fear I haven't even kept up with the games lately..........hope your team ended well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.