March 28, 2024, 03:18:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #3 8/14/10 -  (Read 1049330 times)
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1760 on: September 08, 2013, 07:55:29 AM »

Great win for the C A N E S

Al Golden = class act

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1761 on: September 08, 2013, 08:57:37 AM »

My teams 

Whew...Thank god you picked a NY team 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1762 on: September 08, 2013, 09:56:34 AM »

Al Golden = class act

I was SOOOO cheering for Miami.  Great to see them get that win!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1763 on: September 08, 2013, 09:59:30 AM »

Hi everyone!   

We were excited all day yesterday, finally going to get to watch the Texas Longhorns play!  Televised games that we can see are few and far between since the Longhorn Network came in.

First the weather delay...

Then almost two hours later...the beat down.

Pitiful. 

http://**/sltrib/cougars/56840154-88/byu-yards-hill-cougars.html.csp

Whatever the case, BYU laid a Texas-sized whipping on the Big 12’s No. 15-ranked Longhorns, rushing for a school-record 550 yards in a 40-21 beatdown in front of xxxx fans who had to wait an hour and 52 minutes for the kickoff due to a severe rain and lightning storm that hit the Provo area about an hour before the game.

It was the most rushing yards Texas has given up in school history, too, surpassing the 452 it yielded to Rice in 1997.

I hope the Longhorns get it together and have a better showing against Ole Miss.  At least I'm an Ole Miss fan too, so regardless that one can't be as painful to watch as last nights game was.

I'm tuning in for the Cowboys and Giants tonight...but I'm not getting my hopes up.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1764 on: September 08, 2013, 10:01:31 AM »

Klaas,  Those are all good team picks.  Peyton making a difference no doubt.  You do know that it is the dream of all Husker fans to have Scott Frost come back and be our next head coach.   Monkey Devil!  He was such a great competitor when he was here.  I always cheer him and his team on. 

Our D stepped it up this week which is all we could ask for.  We will see what we are made of next week when UCLA comes to town.  Not many here think we have a chance. 

Kiwi Michigan looks like the real deal. 

Braxton Miller sure does seem to have a lot of injuries. 

Ouch Texas gave up the most yards in history to BYU on Saturday... seat needs to be hot on Mack Brown.  Read that USC's offense looked putrid but I didn't see the game.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1765 on: September 08, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »

Hello again,

Son is in his second season as a GA, making all A's so far and their program is now in the big east. Bigger news is that he has a new girlfriend we adore - former Ole Miss cheerleader but also a biomedical nurse, plus does triathlons and is gorgeous? Daughter is now in radiation for her tumor post successful surgery. I'm visiting her this weekend but back to the west coast tomorrow.

College football is the best and hoping I can make a few of son's games. The UGA vs Clemson game was outstanding and I had friends there too Red, they said the earth shook in Death Valley. One of them actually played safety for Clemson when they were last Natl's champions back in the day. Needless to say he was over the top.

to everyone's favorite teams this season!

So good to hear from you None, thanks for the updates!   

Still keeping you and yours in my prayers!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1766 on: September 08, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »

Hello again,

Son is in his second season as a GA, making all A's so far and their program is now in the big east. Bigger news is that he has a new girlfriend we adore - former Ole Miss cheerleader but also a biomedical nurse, plus does triathlons and is gorgeous? Daughter is now in radiation for her tumor post successful surgery. I'm visiting her this weekend but back to the west coast tomorrow.

College football is the best and hoping I can make a few of son's games. The UGA vs Clemson game was outstanding and I had friends there too Red, they said the earth shook in Death Valley. One of them actually played safety for Clemson when they were last Natl's champions back in the day. Needless to say he was over the top.

to everyone's favorite teams this season!

{{{}}}

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1767 on: September 08, 2013, 07:13:41 PM »

Al Golden = class act

I was SOOOO cheering for Miami.  Great to see them get that win!

Quite a big rivalry down here Smile. And they won't play eachother again during regular season for a long time   

They opened the stadium at 6 am for tailgating!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1768 on: September 08, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »

I went to several Canes games when I lived down there.  Went to a Miami vs FL State game once wearing my NE gear (we were playing later that day) and was cheering for the Canes.  These totally drunk Canes fans were psyched because NE fans were cheering for them.  It was funny because they were so wasted - they thought we were bringing them good luck (back in the days when NE was great).  That game went back and forth and the Canes did end up winning it.  Great time - shame they can't fill the stadium though... with time.  Agree you got a good coach.  Glad he elected to stay and turn it around. 
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1769 on: September 10, 2013, 02:35:18 PM »

None best news of the day! Glad to hear things are better. My daughter left for Australia for a year last night passing through Singapore as a long stop over. Back to Football. Everyone seems to be doing very well. Sorry about Texas but you will rebound. We'll see about Michigan in the second half of the season. But not a bad start with ND. Still Bama and the O are the teams to beat. Ya very nice for the Miami!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1770 on: September 12, 2013, 09:10:05 PM »

Not a lot of chat going on guys - tell me about your teams.. what's happening?

We play ucla this weekend at home... and I am going.  We'll see if these young kids have grown up much in 2 games. ha 

Good luck to all - safe and good games
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1771 on: September 13, 2013, 03:10:05 PM »

Have a good time bean and good luck to the Huskers! We play Southern Miss this week (wasn't that y'all's opponent last week?) should be a win then we go to Rutgers next week for our first big test! Your man Tom Osborne was the speaker at the Little Rock Touchdown Club this week! I didn't go but heard he was a class act
Good luck to everybody!
Where is wreck? His Oklahoma State sure is getting a lot of negative press! Hope for his sake it is overblown!
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1772 on: September 14, 2013, 12:05:37 PM »

I went to several Canes games when I lived down there.  Went to a Miami vs FL State game once wearing my NE gear (we were playing later that day) and was cheering for the Canes.  These totally drunk Canes fans were psyched because NE fans were cheering for them.  It was funny because they were so wasted - they thought we were bringing them good luck (back in the days when NE was great).  That game went back and forth and the Canes did end up winning it.  Great time - shame they can't fill the stadium though... with time.  Agree you got a good coach.  Glad he elected to stay and turn it around. 

Smile

Back in the fun Orange Bowl days? They play in Dolphins stadium, now. The Orange Bowl was torn down to make way for the Marlins stadium.

The Florida game was actually sold out! Lot's of alumni from UF as well as U of M live down here.

Yes - very glad that Golden decided to stay around! Between the sanctions that have been hanging over our heads for 2+ years, and Shalala's position on the importance of academics (love her!) - I'm sure recruiting talent is not easy Smile

Bye week for us. Good luck to everyone's teams! Safety first!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1773 on: September 14, 2013, 05:17:25 PM »

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1774 on: September 14, 2013, 05:18:46 PM »

Not a pretty game for the Hogs, but we will take the win! 24 to 3 but our starting QB was out after running for our 1st TD with a shoulder injury! Second string is a JC transfer who has not played any for us yet! The good news is both our RB had over 100 yards for the 3rd game in a row! Our freshman RB is the first fr to have over 100 yards in his first 3 games since Adrian Peterson!

Bean, y'all's game was the same time as ours but I was pumped when I saw the score of 21 to 3 ... Dang that is tough to have UCLA come back like that! Kind of like this A&M Bama game I am watching! Aggies came out blazing but Bama stormed back... Halftime score 28 to 14!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1775 on: September 15, 2013, 12:18:30 PM »

OMG we gave that game away.  We have a seasoned offense and a 'youthful' (almost all freshmen) defense.  The youngsters played well enough in the first half to make it a game... but the O never showed up.  The scores we got were due to an interception and their punter whiffed on a punt and we got the ball at their 20 yard line.. Our O that was supposed to score 50 a game did absolutely nothing so the young D was out on the field the entire game getting schooled.

I won't even comment on our coaching as I'd probably be banned.  Time for the BP experiment to end.

Congrats on the win Cuz.  Hope your QB is better next week and can play.

Watched the 2nd half of Bama vs A&M - fun game to watch.

Kiwi what the heck happened to MI - only 3 point win over Akron?  I didn't see the game.  Read that Wisconsin gave away the game but I was in bed before that happened.

RE OSU -  I have no idea what happened but a poster on one of our boards said they have a good friend that works in the AD and that the reporting done by SI was abysmal - not verifying facts and that they interviewed thousands to get a few to speak.  The media has become a joke but not as big of a joke as the NCAA.  Their rulings are so inconsistent it isn't funny.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1776 on: September 16, 2013, 12:03:47 AM »

OMG we gave that game away.  We have a seasoned offense and a 'youthful' (almost all freshmen) defense.  The youngsters played well enough in the first half to make it a game... but the O never showed up.  The scores we got were due to an interception and their punter whiffed on a punt and we got the ball at their 20 yard line.. Our O that was supposed to score 50 a game did absolutely nothing so the young D was out on the field the entire game getting schooled.

I won't even comment on our coaching as I'd probably be banned.  Time for the BP experiment to end.

Congrats on the win Cuz.  Hope your QB is better next week and can play.

Watched the 2nd half of Bama vs A&M - fun game to watch.

Kiwi what the heck happened to MI - only 3 point win over Akron?  I didn't see the game.  Read that Wisconsin gave away the game but I was in bed before that happened.

RE OSU -  I have no idea what happened but a poster on one of our boards said they have a good friend that works in the AD and that the reporting done by SI was abysmal - not verifying facts and that they interviewed thousands to get a few to speak.  The media has become a joke but not as big of a joke as the NCAA.  Their rulings are so inconsistent it isn't funny.

I'm too angry to get into a lot of details, but suffice it to say the article in SI was co-written by a former writer for "Sooner Insider."

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Oklahoma-State-Cowboys-beat-Texas-Longhorns-sloppy-play-bodes-poorly-for-Mike-Gundy-101511

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/fiesta-bowl-oklahoma-state-cowboys-defeat-stanford-cardinal-overtime-narrow-victory-shows-this-is-where-team-belongs-010212

I rest my case.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1777 on: September 17, 2013, 08:14:54 AM »

All I have to say is "ah sheet".
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1778 on: September 17, 2013, 03:06:28 PM »

Barring injury, the whole country will continue to learn about the young student-athlete, whose name is Bishop Sankey. Bishop is currently leading the nation in rushing with 184.5 ypg. More importantly, Bishop is an excellent student and young man off the field.

The Huskies are slowly starting to work their way back to where they belong, in the top 10, year in and year out. Coach Sark has built the program back up the right way, from the ground up. He has built a culture that is based on community, team, and being a great student-athlete. Not just an athlete at the University of Washington.

As I now attend the UW and live in very close proximity, I have had the chance of speaking to more and more players on a personal level, and have been more than impressed with the way they carry themselves and the conversations we have had about the academic experience that the UW offers. Coach Sark has built a solid foundation based on a student-athlete experience here at the University of Washington. I will continue to applaud those programs that put being a student-athlete above being an athlete.

I will make sure that the University of Washington remains in the Scared Monkey conversation, however, I think our student-athlete's will do the talking for me every Saturday...

Proud to be a student at the University of Washington!

Proud to be a member of Scared Monkey's!

Let's continue to pray that all player's remain healthy and safe throughout the rest of the football season. My condolences to the Pasquale family, UCLA, and all of BruinNation for the loss of Nick Pasquale who embodied what a student-athlete is all about. He played for the love of the game and was getting a world class education at UCLA. That is the very essence of college athletics that is too often buried beneath the Johnny Manziel stories. A kid who loves to play the game, put in the work because of the love of the game, and does it while no one is looking!

Bow Down to Washington.....................

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1779 on: September 21, 2013, 01:14:09 PM »

Good luck to everyone today. Here's to no injuries and great games!

Go Huskies!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.