April 27, 2024, 10:17:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #21 8/17/10 - 8/19/10  (Read 221893 times)
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2010, 12:47:08 PM »

It's beginning to sound like a catty henfest in here.
I think people wanted Jason to answer questions, and he did some. I personally see no reason to bring up DeDe's lack of exercise and overeating, and her being on unemployment. Many people have weight issues, and gain and lose weight becomes a big part of life. And it certainly shouldn't take away from the person themselves, and that was the feeling I got, and didn't like 

I'm with you, No Rose. As fara as unemployment~you actually have to work to be entitled to it so I do not begrudge anyone who uses it when it's needed. We pay for it every week out of our paychecks.

I find many of the comments on DeDe's and Jason's short term, dating relationship to be down right odd. Dating, at any age, is a trial period in which 2 people explore whether they want to be involved in a long term commitment or marriage. Either person can exercise the escape clause at any time for any reason. If the genders were reversed in this situation, I wonder if any opinions would change. As a woman (because I am one), if I were to meet a man who seemed very similar in interests and lifestyle and began dating him, I would be on the watch for "red flags" slapping me in the face. If my BF became unemployed, showed no real interest in finding employment, became a couch potato instead of his previously energetic self, started making requests of me that appeared as if he were a user, after a heart to heart conversation or two, I would cut the dead weight loose. I would be honest. I would be kind. But I would not continue the relationship indefinitely hoping things would get better. Unconditional love is for marriage. I find it much more repugnant when women or men continue relationships into marriage, and as soon as they seal the deal, start trying to mold their partner into what they really want. Cut Jason some slack. Someone asked him who terminated the relationship and why. He answered the question.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2010, 12:48:38 PM »

I think people wanted Jason to answer questions, and he did some. I personally see no reason to bring up DeDe's lack of exercise and overeating, and her being on unemployment. Many people have weight issues, and gain and lose weight becomes a big part of life. And it certainly shouldn't take away from the person themselves, and that was the feeling I got, and didn't like 

I'm with you, No Rose. As fara as unemployment~you actually have to work to be entitled to it so I do not begrudge anyone who uses it when it's needed. We pay for it every week out of our paychecks.

Is Jason trying to lure her to SM?    I am offended, too, how he portrays Hefty-people.
 I want to see his family members!

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: August 18, 2010, 12:55:19 PM »

Is it possible there were TWO white trucks at Skyline that morning? One was KH's and the other was????(whomever was working with TH). Maybe that is why in the last press conference police were interested if anyone had seem the truck in two different areas of the school that were very close together-perhaps there was a white truck in both areas-but they weren't the same truck. Police also mentioned if anyone had saw something and thought "hmm that's strange" It would be a little strange if you were driving and saw a white truck and went around the corner and saw another one just like it...but probably not strange enough that anyone remembers. TH could tell Kyron something to the effect of taking him somewhere for a treat, like donuts, and being back before school starts. Then she says I have to take Kiara to the truck because she's getting fussy...you go to the bathroom and put your stuff away and meet me at the truck out back...but don't tell anyone because I don't want to have to buy donuts for the whole class...just you. Th goes to her truck with Kiara and drives off to Fred Meyers...Kyron goes out back and hops in white truck...but it's not KH's truck. Ok monkeys, what do you think?

Very possible more than one white F250 as it's a popular vehicle.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: August 18, 2010, 01:02:59 PM »

Is it possible there were TWO white trucks at Skyline that morning? One was KH's and the other was????(whomever was working with TH). Maybe that is why in the last press conference police were interested if anyone had seem the truck in two different areas of the school that were very close together-perhaps there was a white truck in both areas-but they weren't the same truck. Police also mentioned if anyone had saw something and thought "hmm that's strange" It would be a little strange if you were driving and saw a white truck and went around the corner and saw another one just like it...but probably not strange enough that anyone remembers. TH could tell Kyron something to the effect of taking him somewhere for a treat, like donuts, and being back before school starts. Then she says I have to take Kiara to the truck because she's getting fussy...you go to the bathroom and put your stuff away and meet me at the truck out back...but don't tell anyone because I don't want to have to buy donuts for the whole class...just you. Th goes to her truck with Kiara and drives off to Fred Meyers...Kyron goes out back and hops in white truck...but it's not KH's truck. Ok monkeys, what do you think?

Very possible more than one white F250 as it's a popular vehicle.

I live in the country and 4WD trucks are the norm. It's not unusual to go to the store and have to hit your emergency button and let your truck flash and honk to find yours

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #224 on: August 18, 2010, 01:04:43 PM »

I find many of the comments on DeDe's and Jason's short term, dating relationship to be down right odd. Dating, at any age, is a trial period in which 2 people explore whether they want to be involved in a long term commitment or marriage. Either person can exercise the escape clause at any time for any reason. If the genders were reversed in this situation, I wonder if any opinions would change. As a woman (because I am one), if I were to meet a man who seemed very similar in interests and lifestyle and began dating him, I would be on the watch for "red flags" slapping me in the face. If my BF became unemployed, showed no real interest in finding employment, became a couch potato instead of his previously energetic self, started making requests of me that appeared as if he were a user, after a heart to heart conversation or two, I would cut the dead weight loose. I would be honest. I would be kind. But I would not continue the relationship indefinitely hoping things would get better. Unconditional love is for marriage. I find it much more repugnant when women or men continue relationships into marriage, and as soon as they seal the deal, start trying to mold their partner into what they really want. Cut Jason some slack. Someone asked him who terminated the relationship and why. He answered the question.
I will cut him some slack, but it is all one sided obviously, without DeDe's interpretation of what happened, and I seriously doubt she will come on and give her side. I can't help but be leery of one sided issues, that is the way I am. There are always two sides to a relationship.
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2010, 01:04:49 PM »

New information has been revealed in the article in People (online).

The pair also assumed they were under surveillance. "Any conversations that we wanted to have, we'd go out into the yard," Spicher says. "When we were in the house, we'd talk about the kids, we'd talk about her marriage, talked about her family."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413793,00.html

If they talked about the kids, marriage and the family inside, what were they saving for the private outside discussions... 

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #226 on: August 18, 2010, 01:05:31 PM »

Is it possible there were TWO white trucks at Skyline that morning? One was KH's and the other was????(whomever was working with TH). Maybe that is why in the last press conference police were interested if anyone had seem the truck in two different areas of the school that were very close together-perhaps there was a white truck in both areas-but they weren't the same truck. Police also mentioned if anyone had saw something and thought "hmm that's strange" It would be a little strange if you were driving and saw a white truck and went around the corner as another one just like it...but probably not strange enough that anyone remembers...

Plain white trucks don't draw the attention that red mustangs do. They are very common.

I bet there were three or four white trucks that morning at the school.

Two white trucks involved would explain a few things. As you say, a truck parked in the front and one in the back. Or, one idling at 2:00am at Mr. Kellys driveway while Terri was being watched in her home by LE.

Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: August 18, 2010, 01:09:57 PM »

On the other hand, since he's giving us his take on things, which is what we wanted, maybe criricizing him for what he says might work against us. That's JMO and I don't want anyone to think I'm telling them what to do. But I just mean why would he share more if his words just lead to  more criticism? It could be very inhibiting.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: August 18, 2010, 01:12:03 PM »

On the other hand, since he's giving us his take on things, which is what we wanted, maybe criricizing him for what he says might work against us. That's JMO and I don't want anyone to think I'm telling them what to do. But I just mean why would he share more if his words just lead to  more criticism? It could be very inhibiting.
I just think it isn't the nicest thing to say about an ex girlfriend. I don't care if he tells us about what she is like, but one doesn't have to be rude while doing it, imo.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: August 18, 2010, 01:13:36 PM »

New information has been revealed in the article in People (online).

The pair also assumed they were under surveillance. "Any conversations that we wanted to have, we'd go out into the yard," Spicher says. "When we were in the house, we'd talk about the kids, we'd talk about her marriage, talked about her family."

If they talked about the kids, marriage and the family inside, what were they saving for the private outside discussions... 

I wonder whose idea was that, Terri's or Dede's?

Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: August 18, 2010, 01:14:26 PM »

I don't want you to think I was picking on you NoRose, just because I put that comment under your quote box.  It was just a thought that suddenly came up. Most of us have been critiquing his comments. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: August 18, 2010, 01:17:31 PM »

I don't want you to think I was picking on you NoRose, just because I put that comment under your quote box.  It was just a thought that suddenly came up. Most of us have been critiquing his comments. 
No, and I am glad that he has come on here to discuss things, and don't want to say anything to discourage that, maybe it is just me that took offense to some of the descriptions of DeDe. He just posted on his thread that he won't be saying anything that was real personal between the two of them, and that is a good thing, it should stay between them.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2010, 01:25:48 PM »

Is Jason trying to lure her to SM?    I am offended, too, how he portrays Hefty-people.
 I want to see his family members!

BBM Not exactly true. The employer has to pay a large amount compared to anything the employee pays. And the more people you have on or have had on unemployment the higher the percentage of your gross sales you pay. So, while we do not mind paying people when they deserve it, most of the time we will fight the award because the employees (in our case) are not entitled to it.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: August 18, 2010, 01:26:44 PM »

nicubird

You are right and ... I was wrong when I equated Jason and DeDe's relationship to a marriage in regards to unconditional love.

However ... I believe that Jason is a cad for revealing the underlying reasons he lost interest in DeDe ... underlying reasons that had nothing to do with the Kyron Horman case.  Implying and stopping at a mutual break-up would have sufficed.

What I did glean from Jason's words:

1.  He could not have participated with DeDe and Terri in the events encompassing the morning of June 4, 2010 ... events encompassing the disappearance of Kyron.  He had not been in touch with DeDe since August, 2009.

2.  His position is that the DeDe he knew would never harm a child.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2010, 01:32:21 PM »

DeDe Spicher: I Was 'Very Worried' for Terri Horman's Life
By Elaine Aradillas
Wednesday August 18, 2010 10:00 AM EDT

'Mystery Woman' DeDe Spicher Defends Stepmom in Kyron Horman Case
By Elaine Aradillas
Tuesday August 17, 2010 09:45 AM EDT

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413527,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2010, 01:32:53 PM »

nicubird

You are right and ... I was wrong when I equated Jason and DeDe's relationship to a marriage in regards to unconditional love.

However ... I believe that Jason is a cad for revealing the underlying reasons he lost interest in DeDe ... underlying reasons that had nothing to do with the Kyron Horman case.  Implying and stopping at a mutual break-up would have sufficed.

What I did glean from Jason's words:

1.  He could not have participated with DeDe and Terri in the events encompassing the morning of June 4, 2010 ... events encompassing the disappearance of Kyron.  He had not been in touch with DeDe since August, 2009.

2.  His position is that the DeDe he knew would never harm a child.

Janet

I agree with you also, not only the information you gleaned,, but your opinion about revealing details about his past relationship. In all fairness, however, Jason is in a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation with us monkeys. We are the ones asking him the intrusive questions about this relationship. If he answers he is  cad, if he doesn't answer he is hiding something. I don't see how he can win here. It takes guts (or perhaps foolishness) to subject oneself to this form of scrutiny.

Now, let's get to the important question...when do I get my salmon fillet??   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2010, 01:34:41 PM »

From Janet's post 2.  His position is that the DeDe he knew would never harm a child.               I'm sure most of us would never think that someone we know or dated would hurt a child. I think by the sound of it, and looking at DeDe's pictures and the one video leaving the GJ, she looks like she has issues, and of course I could be very wrong, just don't see her hurting a child either. But then it goes to, if she knows or helped Terri put Kyron in a safe place, that is harming him by keeping him from his family.
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2010, 01:34:52 PM »

Thanks Can and NRCG for the nice comments posted above!

I'm going back and remember that a statement was made somewhere on the fact that Kristan Horman's case was part of Kyron's investigation.  Hopefully someone can find that and post it.  He was sentenced on 6/16/10 for 6 months if I remember correctly.  The timing of Kyron's disappearance with his case has me wondering?

IMO Kaine and Terri's behavior made me think Kyron would be found soon after he disappeared from the school because of things such as Kaine's email to work, he and Terri going to the gym, their not speaking out pleading with the public at the very first, etc.

The silence of Kaine and Desiree lately also has me wondering?  I realize with no new information they might not have anything to say but I believe I'd still be out pleading with the public.

Thanks for listening.  Just thought I'd throw out something else to discuss.

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2010, 01:35:05 PM »

He was asked questions about DeDe, and he answered and included a brief outline of how she was changing during the time he was with her. I don't see anything wrong with that. To go through and pull individual elements out of context in order to use them to justify personal remarks is not fair.

When a question is asked, the answer may not suit everyone, but Jason answered.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2010, 01:36:28 PM »

DeDe Spicher: I Was 'Very Worried' for Terri Horman's Life
By Elaine Aradillas
Wednesday August 18, 2010 10:00 AM EDT

'Mystery Woman' DeDe Spicher Defends Stepmom in Kyron Horman Case
By Elaine Aradillas
Tuesday August 17, 2010 09:45 AM EDT

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413527,00.html

Thank-you, it said in the article that Terri's parent's asked DeDe to go there and stay with her because they had to go back home.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.