April 25, 2024, 06:40:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - #170 8/25/10 - 9/08/10  (Read 213427 times)
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: August 30, 2010, 02:58:14 PM »

I'm going to have to wait for the re-run because from the little bit I caught, the judge seemed to be laughing a lot.

What's with the amended witness list for the duhfense? Can the state and the dumbos have the same witnesses on their lists?

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #601 on: August 30, 2010, 02:58:26 PM »

Bobo said something about a standing review notice and objection and JP cut him off saying he would not cover that now. 

Oh,I wish we were all in a room together.   Monkey Devil!

Good afternoon Monkeys.

I appreciate all of the info being printed here;  I am not able to watch the hearing.

Trimm, when I read your post the first image that came to mind is a bunch of people sitting in front of the TV yelling, moaning, and dancing as they due during football games.  Very funny.

Terri
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #602 on: August 30, 2010, 03:03:17 PM »

Everytime I see KC rubbing her hands I think of "out, out damn spot" from Macbeth.   KC will never be able to wash or rub away the blood from her hands.

Terri
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: August 30, 2010, 03:06:56 PM »

Bobo said something about a standing review notice and objection and JP cut him off saying he would not cover that now. 

Oh,I wish we were all in a room together.   Monkey Devil!

Hi, even though I don't post often, I am here and keep up all the time.  I read every word in Caylee's case.  Believe me Trimm, WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME ROOM.  I am so relieved to be in the same room with all of you dear, sweet monkeys through all of this.  Especially on hearing days, it is so comforting not to be alone in my longing for justice.  I adore all of you.

Hugs, Magic 

It's good to "see" you Magic    I believe there will be justice for Caylee.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: August 30, 2010, 03:10:11 PM »

Anthony Defense Releases Amended Witness List
List Contains 64 Names
POSTED: 2:27 pm EDT August 30, 2010
UPDATED: 2:32 pm EDT August 30, 2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s defense submitted an amended defense witness list on Monday.

In the filing, defense attorney Jose Baez lists 64 names and addresses of individuals.

The witness list contains several of Anthony’s family members, various law enforcement officials and expert witnesses.

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/24814688/detail.html  <-- Read The Amended Defense Witness List

Article link: http://www.wesh.com/news/24814783/detail.html

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: August 30, 2010, 03:12:42 PM »

OK, Monkalicious.  Give me one of those bottles and no one gets hurt.  (See, it isn't really a halo.)

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #606 on: August 30, 2010, 03:14:31 PM »

OK, Monkalicious.  Give me one of those bottles and no one gets hurt.  (See, it isn't really a halo.)

I will need 50 proof  moonshine to make thru  trial with baez in action!

Loca
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: August 30, 2010, 03:25:29 PM »

Thanks to all for your "colorful" commentary!  Monkey play-by-play is better than watching it live.   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: August 30, 2010, 03:26:42 PM »

I am sure the am mended witness list will help the prosecution depo the witnesses (thick sarcasm)

"Unknown Female Searcher, to be provided"

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: August 30, 2010, 03:29:21 PM »

I am sure the am mended witness list will help the prosecution depo the witnesses (thick sarcasm)

Rose
did the defension already view TES records. I got the imprssion that they hadnt?

Loca
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: August 30, 2010, 03:29:51 PM »

I am not sure who will be worse, Bobo with his" it was a joke" or The Jar who can not be understood at best and makes no sense if you can understand him. 

When LDB brought up the "picture he bought at a garage sale" and he replied it was a joke, I am wondering if that is how he is going to get around Zanny the Nanny as claiming it was a joke as well?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: August 30, 2010, 03:30:55 PM »

Rose
did the defension already view TES records. I got the imprssion that they hadnt?

My understanding is that have not gone to view them yet.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: August 30, 2010, 03:35:10 PM »

Casey Anthony: Judge Belvin Perry sticks to schedule, wins raves

The headline today from today’s status hearing in the Casey Anthony case?

“The trial will take place on the day it has been set,” Jean Casarez said on truTV’s “In Session.” “There’s a lot of work to do, but this judge isn’t budging.”

The panel agreed. Former federal prosecutor Sunny Hostin highlighted two dates: May 9 for jury selection and May 16 for opening statements.

“Ditto,” analyst Mike Brooks said.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

“In Session” host Vinnie Politan maveled that Judge Belvin Perry was pushing the attorneys. Politan said: “A lot of this may have been prompted by Jose Baez who in the beginning … [said] Judge, it looks like we have only a 50-50 chance we can meet these deadlines.’ ”

Casarez noted that during the hearing the defense filed an amended witness list. The deadline for the list is tomorrow.

A caller  from Virginia, Jeanette, raved over Judge Perry. “Judge Perry is wonderful,” she said.

“Absolutely, Jeanette, I second that,” Politan said. “This is a judge who clearly is in charge. He appears, though, to give the attorneys an opportunity to take care  of everything themselves. But at the end of the day the buck stops with him.”

Casarez said that Perry gets the respect of both parties but says what will happen. “There’s no arguing with the judge,” she said.

What do you think?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/08/casey-anthony-judge-belvin-perry-sticks-to-schedule-wins-raves.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: August 30, 2010, 03:38:13 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24810379/detail.html
Hearing Held In Anthony Murder Case
Casey Anthony, 24, Charged With Murder In Death Of Daughter

POSTED: Monday, August 30, 2010
UPDATED: 2:40 pm EDT August 30, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A status hearing was held Monday in the Casey Anthony murder case
IMAGES: Hearing On 8/30/10  http://www.clickorlando.com/slideshow/news/24814081/detail.html
Judge Belvin Perry went over agenda items, including potential witness lists, with attorneys for the prosecution and defense. Anthony, 24, did not attend the hearing.

Later this week, Anthony's defense team is expected to depose 35 people, including Orange County homicide detectives, agents from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and members of the U.S. Secret Service.

Anthony is jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were found in December 2008. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July 2008.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty. Her trial is expected to begin in May.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: August 30, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »

Larry Vershel Communications
Social Media Release

Orlando Attorney Mark Lippman Issues Media Statement Regarding Legal Representation in Casey Anthony Case

08.30.2010 – ORLAND - Orlando attorney Mark Lippman issued the following statement regarding his firm’s representation of George and Cindy Anthony, the parents Casey Anthony.

Lippman Law Offices, P.A., previously represented George and Cindy Anthony in their civil mortgage foreclosure. We continue to represent them in this matter.

Subsequent to the resignation of attorney Brad Conway as legal representative of George and Cindy Anthony in the matter involving Casey Anthony, we have agreed with George and Cindy Anthony to expand our role to assume attorney Conway’s former responsibilities.

Lippman Law Offices, P.A., takes the firm position that excessive exposure in the news media adds undue burdens on the court in its constitutional responsibility to administer justice fairly and equitably. Further, excessive media coverage and resulting speculation is detrimental to the interests of our clients.

We are sensitive to the important role of the news media in informing the public, and we do not wish to dissuade or prevent news media representatives from fulfilling their responsibilities. We will answer all appropriate questions as we are able.

However, we will not engage in speculation. We will not offer opinions. We will not endeavor to interpret the actions of the judge, other attorneys engaged in this matter, or other participants. We will not divulge information that may violate attorney client privilege.

Understandably, these stipulations may disappoint some media professionals and will likely limit our responses to certain questions.

Our only role is to represent the interests of our clients. In good conscience, we cannot not contribute to distractions that may hinder the presentation of the defense in this case nor that of the prosecution.

We request your forbearance in this regard.

Attorney Mark Lippman said he will issue further statements as the case unfolds.

For more information about this press release, contact:
Mark Lippman, Esq., Lippman Law Offices, 255 S. Orange Ave. Orlando; 407-XXX-XXXX; Mark@llopa.com

http://www.pitchengine.com/larryvershelcommunications/orlando-attorney-mark-lippman-issues-media-statement-regarding-legal-representation-in-casey-anthony-case/84583/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: August 30, 2010, 03:52:04 PM »

.   Judge Perry anticipates May 9, 2011 jury selection and openings for FL v Anthony on May 16, 2011.

Casey Anthony status hearing has concluded.
Read from bottom up:

Defense attorney, Cheney Mason, makes a joke about working late hours and how it might violate Disabilities Act... he refers to his age.

Judge says attorneys will be under gag order & he is trying to figure out a way to notify the media where jury selection will take place

Judge says the remedy for too much pre trial publicity is the defense's motion for change of venue (pick jury & bring them back to Orlando).

Judge has given attorneys list of pending motions left. He wants to know within 3 weeks which ones need to be set for a hearing.

Prosecution says depositions may take longer than the 10-15 min. one day would allow. Perry wants attorneys to figure it out by next Friday.

Baez says there are 35 law enforcement depositions. Prosecution is objecting b/c Baez requested all 35 be deposed in one day (Sept 3).

Judge wants to know if law enforcement depositions will be done by Sept 30. Baez expects to meet deadline, but list of officers is long.

Judge Perry encourages the attorneys to work together and share information... if they don't, Perry, "Won't have much sympathy for them."

Judge Perry says he wants to avoid "trial by ambush." Again, he states once this trial starts the attorneys will work 6 days a week.

Judge seeks clarification on prosecution's request. Prosecution wants more time to look over records & photos that may be used at trail.

Prosecution asks the judge to add a deadline for tangible evidence, such as photographs, depositions they've done, statements, etc.

Judge Perry cautions the attorneys that they may work through the evenings and weekends to get through all the evidence.

Judge says State has until Feb 28, 2011 to complete depositions of defense experts.

Judge Perry is not being flexible and says he will keep all deadlines that have been established.

Baez says the defense has not made determinations on experts as of yet.

Prosecution says they can maximize their efficiency if the defense team knows which experts they will call at trial.

Next item: Defense must list their defense experts no later than Nov. 30.

Judge Perry discuses new procedure: once lawyers file motion, it will be heard in 15 days. If not heard, it will be dismissed.

Baez says prosecutor Ashton will help w/entimology & hair evidence testing. Ashton wants to make sure testing is done in a certified lab.

Baez says that the defense experts have yet to look over the evidence they need to, but that they expect to meet the Oct. 31 deadline.

Item 2 on agenda: Judge wants to make sure the defense experts have looked at evidence, & if not will they complete by Oct. 31.

Casey Anthony is not present at this hearing.

State says scanning of inmate letters took about a week and were given to defense shortly there after, as well as other e-mails.

Example: Baez says they just learned of phone call between Erica Gonzalez (co worker of Casey's) who allegedly talked w/Casey in July '08.

Judge Perry says many of the documents are not new, and that Baez would have to provide a good reason as to why he should slide deadline.

Baez says there is a 50/50 chance the defense will get through all the documents on time. Judge Perry says the deadline of Feb. 28 is set.

Baez states the state has added 60 more witnesses and thousands of new documents, and the defense is moving forward as quickly as possible.

Jeff Ashton says an entomologist (someone who studies insects) may also be an expert witness in the trial.

Among witnesses defense wants to depose: Someone from FBI, local computer expert, a firearms, and an FBI chemistry expert.

Case management order: Judge will go over status of expert witnesses, which should be deposed by Sept 30. Baez says defense has several.

Judge Belvin Perry is on the bench.

Casey Anthony's attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason have just entered the courtroom... prosecution is also present.

https://twitter.com/InSession
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: August 30, 2010, 03:52:21 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/august/144218/Judge-reviews-Anthony-case-progress
Judge reviews Anthony case progress
Last Updated: Monday, August 30, 2010 2:43 PM
 ORLANDO --

Both sides in Casey Anthony's murder trial are meeting with a judge today to talk about the progress they're making towards a trial date next year.

Judge Belvin Perry says he wants to make sure both prosecutors and the defense are on track to start the murder trial by May.

And he says he wants to keep things moving along, and avoid any unnecessary delays.

Casey Anthony is not expected to be in court for this afternoon's hearing.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #617 on: August 30, 2010, 03:57:06 PM »

I guess Baez will no longer be posting on FB! If he didn't understand before, JP was firm today and deadlines will be met, no ifs, ands or butts (as in Baez).  JP will decide if the excuse is valid or not and from past experience, Baez has yet to come up with just one good excuse for delay.   Caylee's day will come and it will start May 16, 2011.   

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #618 on: August 30, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »

.   Judge Perry anticipates May 9, 2011 jury selection and openings for FL v Anthony on May 16, 2011.

Casey Anthony status hearing has concluded.
Read from bottom up:

Defense attorney, Cheney Mason, makes a joke about working late hours and how it might violate Disabilities Act... he refers to his age.

Judge says attorneys will be under gag order & he is trying to figure out a way to notify the media where jury selection will take place

Judge says the remedy for too much pre trial publicity is the defense's motion for change of venue (pick jury & bring them back to Orlando).

Judge has given attorneys list of pending motions left. He wants to know within 3 weeks which ones need to be set for a hearing.

Prosecution says depositions may take longer than the 10-15 min. one day would allow. Perry wants attorneys to figure it out by next Friday.

Baez says there are 35 law enforcement depositions. Prosecution is objecting b/c Baez requested all 35 be deposed in one day (Sept 3).

Judge wants to know if law enforcement depositions will be done by Sept 30. Baez expects to meet deadline, but list of officers is long.

Judge Perry encourages the attorneys to work together and share information... if they don't, Perry, "Won't have much sympathy for them."

Judge Perry says he wants to avoid "trial by ambush." Again, he states once this trial starts the attorneys will work 6 days a week.

Judge seeks clarification on prosecution's request. Prosecution wants more time to look over records & photos that may be used at trail.

Prosecution asks the judge to add a deadline for tangible evidence, such as photographs, depositions they've done, statements, etc.

Judge Perry cautions the attorneys that they may work through the evenings and weekends to get through all the evidence.

Judge says State has until Feb 28, 2011 to complete depositions of defense experts.

Judge Perry is not being flexible and says he will keep all deadlines that have been established.

Baez says the defense has not made determinations on experts as of yet.

Prosecution says they can maximize their efficiency if the defense team knows which experts they will call at trial.

Next item: Defense must list their defense experts no later than Nov. 30.

Judge Perry discuses new procedure: once lawyers file motion, it will be heard in 15 days. If not heard, it will be dismissed.

Baez says prosecutor Ashton will help w/entimology & hair evidence testing. Ashton wants to make sure testing is done in a certified lab.

Baez says that the defense experts have yet to look over the evidence they need to, but that they expect to meet the Oct. 31 deadline.

Item 2 on agenda: Judge wants to make sure the defense experts have looked at evidence, & if not will they complete by Oct. 31.

Casey Anthony is not present at this hearing.

State says scanning of inmate letters took about a week and were given to defense shortly there after, as well as other e-mails.

Example: Baez says they just learned of phone call between Erica Gonzalez (co worker of Casey's) who allegedly talked w/Casey in July '08.

Judge Perry says many of the documents are not new, and that Baez would have to provide a good reason as to why he should slide deadline.

Baez says there is a 50/50 chance the defense will get through all the documents on time. Judge Perry says the deadline of Feb. 28 is set.

Baez states the state has added 60 more witnesses and thousands of new documents, and the defense is moving forward as quickly as possible.

Jeff Ashton says an entomologist (someone who studies insects) may also be an expert witness in the trial.

Among witnesses defense wants to depose: Someone from FBI, local computer expert, a firearms, and an FBI chemistry expert.

Case management order: Judge will go over status of expert witnesses, which should be deposed by Sept 30. Baez says defense has several.

Judge Belvin Perry is on the bench.

Casey Anthony's attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason have just entered the courtroom... prosecution is also present.

https://twitter.com/InSession
Motions not heard in 15 days will be dismissed with prejudice is what I thought I heard.....meaning they can be brought back? At the judges discretion?  I'm unclear on this.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: August 30, 2010, 04:18:29 PM »

I am not sure who will be worse, Bobo with his" it was a joke" or The Jar who can not be understood at best and makes no sense if you can understand him. 

When LDB brought up the "picture he bought at a garage sale" and he replied it was a joke, I am wondering if that is how he is going to get around Zanny the Nanny as claiming it was a joke as well?

Lol Rose
Deaf(Mason)
Dumb(baez)

Deaf and dumber
what a team!!

Loca
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.