April 25, 2024, 07:07:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - #170 8/25/10 - 9/08/10  (Read 213429 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #960 on: September 08, 2010, 02:45:35 PM »

http://mhutch.blogspot.com/2010/09/high-price-for-american-justice-casey.html

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 08, 2010

High Price For American Justice (Casey Anthony Case)

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: September 08, 2010, 02:49:43 PM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
09/08/2010     Notice
of Limited Appearance as Co-Counsel

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #962 on: September 08, 2010, 02:53:15 PM »

09/08/2010     Notice
What does that exactly mean Trimm, thanks.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: September 08, 2010, 02:59:44 PM »

09/08/2010     Notice

Maybe another cirsus member is coming?

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #964 on: September 08, 2010, 03:01:22 PM »

http://mhutch.blogspot.com/2010/09/high-price-for-american-justice-casey.html
Wednesday, September 08, 2010
High Price For American Justice (Casey Anthony Case)

thanks trim....some good questions asked....if I lived in FL and knew my hard earned tax money was being used to fund this circus act, I would be highly pizzed....especially after finding out about the over 300 grand the duhfense got and did heavens know what with....and then had her declared indigent so the taxpayers are now funding what should have been done months and months ago

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: September 08, 2010, 03:12:29 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

Chief Judge wants to know why jurors are no shows

Judge Calls Hearing for Jury No-Shows

Kevin Smyth of Orlando explains to Orange circuit chief judge Belvin Perry why he missed jury duty. Perry scheduled the unusual proceeding to hear why several dozen potential jurors missed their jury duty dates. (Joe Burbank, Orlando Sentinel / September 7, 2010)     

By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

One by one the no shows appeared before Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry Wednesday, each offering explanations and excuses about why they failed to show up for jury service.

This was no feel-good exercise in reminding the would-be jurors of their legal obligations, however. Perry ordered a few dozen people who failed to report to jury duty to appear in his court Wednesday to hear exactly why these folks did not obey their summonses.

His orders resulted in a series of shotgun-like hearings in which residents explained why they couldn't — or wouldn't — appear for jury service when called upon back in January.

No show juror Kevin Smyth of Orlando told Perry: "I would be a terrible juror."

Smyth, 68, explained that he has smoked 2-and-one-half packs of cigarettes a day for 53 years and suffers from COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).

Before he is called for jury duty again, Smyth said, "I will probably kill myself, not intentionally, but through my bad habits."

Perry said it was not up to Smyth to decide whether he would be a good juror or not

"You may have somebody who wants you. Maybe a tobacco case," said Perry, adding that Smyth could also get a medical excuse from his doctor. And that's exactly what Smyth said he plans to do.

Most of the 47 or so people ordered to show up before Perry Wednesday had their citations dismissed and a new jury service date scheduled. Some, who had serious language barriers, were excused and not rescheduled.

But Perry still reminded them, "If you receive a future summons for jury service, please do not ignore it."

Perry's mass mailing of orders "to show cause" is due to a dramatic decline in the response rates of potential jurors in Orange County. His orders asked those who received them to show "why you should not be held in contempt of court."

The document also reminded the recipients that if they do not appear for jury service, "you may be held in contempt of court, which is punishable by a fine, imprisonment or both."

Ninth Judicial Circuit statistics indicate about 50 percent of jurors summoned for jury duty in Orange are not showing up in court when they're supposed to. Court officials issue several thousand summonses each month for jury duty.

Many of the no-shows are the result of bad address information based on outdated driver's license details. In many cases, it's not certain whether the summonses are getting to the would-be jurors.

For instance, the Sheriff's Office could not serve Perry's recent orders on some 208 would-be jurors who were no shows probably due to bad address information. Another 85 were served, but were rescheduled or excused. And, finally, another 47 received the orders and were expected to appear in court to explain themselves Wednesday. Not all of the people in that group showed up.

But Jeremy McPherson, 33, of Ocoee, did. He told Perry he simply didn't get the summons in the mail, but he's willing to serve now as he has twice in the past.

"They gave me a date now so I know exactly when I need to show," he said. "I can prove I've been [to jury duty] before and I haven't ditched. I was actually on a jury"

McPherson said being on a jury is "not bad."

"They take care of you when you're on," he said.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: September 08, 2010, 03:26:36 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/24928594/detail.html
Ocala Attorney Joins Casey's Defense Team
Posted: 2:50 pm EDT September 8, 2010
Updated: 3:20 pm EDT September 8, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- An attorney from Ocala is joining Casey Anthony's defense team, WFTV learned Wednesday.
Court documents show Dorothy Clay Sims will appear as co-counsel for the defense. According to her law firm's website, Sims focuses on direct and cross-examination of medical experts.

She will join Casey's attorneys Jose Baez and J. Cheney Mason.
 Notice Of New Co-Counsel  http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24928773/detail.html

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: September 08, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »

http://www.ocalaw.com/bio/dcs.php
Dorothy Clay Sims

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: September 08, 2010, 03:38:15 PM »

09/08/2010     Notice

Maybe another cirsus member is coming?
Just what they need, another member of the circus 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #969 on: September 08, 2010, 03:39:42 PM »

Thanks, sure would be nice for other people in this country who are indigent to have so many lawyers and experts, talk about unfair  makes me ill.
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #970 on: September 08, 2010, 03:59:19 PM »

There is another video regarding NG's nasty attitude...only this time she gets it back from one of her own.....LESSON: don't mess with anyone in the control room. I am reluctant to post the link without permission as some might be offended....but check youtube for  Nancy Grace Gets Told Off!!!

LOL!

hi Gizzie.....I see you checked it out!! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Haha! Yes, I did!   

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: September 08, 2010, 04:01:38 PM »

Thanks, sure would be nice for other people in this country who are indigent to have so many lawyers and experts, talk about unfair  makes me ill.

Boy, you're not kidding! Dam* shame! 

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #972 on: September 08, 2010, 04:08:49 PM »

http://cbs4.com/local/broward.mistaken.identity.2.1899616.html

I saw this earlier and they don't even refer to Baez by name, only as "lawyers"... South Florida, isn't that where Baez is hoping to pull the jury from?

Mistaken Identity Leads To Orlando Woman's Arrest

FORT LAUDERDALE (CBS4)
The family of an Orlando woman who was wrongfully arrested over the weekend in a case of mistaken identity in Broward County say something has to be done to prevent something like this from every happening again.

Paola Andrea Londono, her husband and 9-month-old were returning to Port Everglades onboard a Carnival cruise ship Sunday when authorities came to their cabin, told her there had been a warrant for her arrest and handcuffed her.

"My wife, she was really upset," Holanda told CBS 4's Carey Codd. "She was crying. They handcuff her. It's really humiliating."

Holanda said his wife has never been in trouble before and he felt powerless to help her.

"More than 3,000 guests in there seeing you handcuffed," he said. "Looking at you like you a criminal and you are actually not a criminal." Londono said she was embarrassed. "I get off the ship like that with everybody looking at me," she said. "We made so many friends because of my baby, so it's just worse when they're all looking at me."

Holanda later learned that his wife was arrested for prostitution and possession on a case out of Osceola County, where they live.

Later, Holanda and his family learned that another Paola Andrea Londono was arrested in Kissimmee on the exact same charges in late March. The other Londono was released from jail a few days later and did not show up for her court appearance in May. That's when a warrant went out for her arrest.

A spokeswoman from the Osceola County Sheriff's office said the entire arrest was a mistake, a clerical error. The spokeswoman said Lonodono, the mother, was in the system because of a traffic violation. The mistake occurred when a clerk mistakenly entered the stay-at-home mom's information into the warrant, instead of the actual suspect.

According to the lawyers for the wrongly jailed Londono, when their client tried to clear U.S. Customs on the cruise ship, the warrant popped up.

The two women share a name and live in the same general area, but according to public records, they share little else in common.

The Londono arrested in March is 5 inches taller and 40 pounds lighter than the other Londono. They also have different dates of birth, different social security numbers and live at different addresses.

"If you take the two pictures and you look at it -- totally different," Holanda said, describing the photos. "It doesn't make any sense at all. Totally ridiculous."

Holanda's wife called him several times while she was locked up -- first at the Broward County Jail downtown and from the Paul Rein Detention Facility in Pompano Beach. He said his wife is scared in jail and at one point told her, 'I know you're suffering, but you gotta be strong.'"

Lawyers worked over the holiday weekend to try and get authorities in Broward the fingerprints of both women to show they arrested the wrong person. However, due to the Labor Day holiday and the difficulty of coordinating information between two Florida counties, that proved impossible.

The delay only added to the anguish for this family.

Late Monday evening, Paola Londono was released from jail and as soon as she saw her family, she sprinted to greet them with tears in her eyes.

She hugged her husband, her son and other family members. She told reporters that when she was arrested, she protested but no one would listen to her. She said being locked up was the worst experience of her life.

"It's been two days," she said. "I lost 5 pounds. Five pounds. I can't believe that."

Londono described being locked up with people accused of serious crimes -- like murder, prostitution and drugs.

"I'm a normal person and I've never been in contact with a person like that," she said.

Even though she was released from jail, her attorney said she will still have to go to court in Osceola County in the other Londono's case and verify her identity.

Her husband is grateful to have his wife out of jail and said he doesn't want to let this drop. He plans to sue over the arrest.

"This is a place for criminals not for innocent people," Holanda said. "They need to fix this."

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: September 08, 2010, 04:14:47 PM »

Sims focuses on direct and cross-examination of medical experts.  That must mean that perhaps Linda Kenney Baden is on her way out, that is her expertise I thought. And Linda sure doesn't need help with her job.
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #974 on: September 08, 2010, 04:17:31 PM »

Sims focuses on direct and cross-examination of medical experts.  That must mean that perhaps Linda Kenney Baden is on her way out, that is her expertise I thought. And Linda sure doesn't need help with her job.

I sure hope so! I've seen LKB in action more than once, and you're right that she definitely doesn't need any help! 

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #975 on: September 08, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »

The way this woman's bio reads, it almost sounds to me like she would work for the prosecution! I'm confused! I don't know, I am more than likely wrong!

She can be retained to research defense experts, prepare notebooks for cross examination and, in some cases, conduct the cross examination herself. In some cases, with proper notice, she is available to instant message suggested questions to lead counsel as he or she conducts the cross examination in real time while Dorothy listens to the testimony of the defense expert. Defense counsel must be made aware of her presence on the record, however.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: September 08, 2010, 04:36:24 PM »

It's almost time for a new cage.  We're at thread #170.  I wonder what the  thread number will be when there is finally justice for Caylee? an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: September 08, 2010, 04:42:14 PM »

Here's the OP for thread #160, back in April: (10 threads ago)

center]

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #978 on: September 08, 2010, 04:44:44 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/24928594/detail.html
Ocala Attorney Joins Casey's Defense Team
Posted: 2:50 pm EDT September 8, 2010
Updated: 3:20 pm EDT September 8, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- An attorney from Ocala is joining Casey Anthony's defense team, WFTV learned Wednesday.
Court documents show Dorothy Clay Sims will appear as co-counsel for the defense. According to her law firm's website, Sims focuses on direct and cross-examination of medical experts.

She will join Casey's attorneys Jose Baez and J. Cheney Mason.
 Notice Of New Co-Counsel  http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24928773/detail.html

We saw that coming.........can you imagine Bozo or Jarhead cross-examining an expert??? Talk about a nightmare!!!!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: September 08, 2010, 04:46:39 PM »

Justice for Caylee!     an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.