March 28, 2024, 10:36:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosemont Farm - Heather will answer your questions here  (Read 86070 times)
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2010, 07:47:53 PM »

Just a thought...I am in Umatilla and it is 102...maybe you better watch that  ...although we could have roast pig to go with the salmon and blackberry pie!  Monkey Devil! Couldn't help myself...hehe

I'm big into eating locally so this sounds like a good idea to me unless of course you plan on having any criminal connections in the near future?

I'm a bit nervous still...

Understand the nervous...I haven't a criminal bone in my body...never could get away with anything...always told on myself(and 8 other siblings) growing up 'cuz I felt so guilty("Dad, we went 2 steps past our boundaries")...no wonder my brothers were always putting me in trees and leaving me in the woods!

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Jasmine_xoxo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2010, 07:53:18 PM »

Just a thought...I am in Umatilla and it is 102...maybe you better watch that  ...although we could have roast pig to go with the salmon and blackberry pie!  Monkey Devil! Couldn't help myself...hehe

I'm big into eating locally so this sounds like a good idea to me unless of course you plan on having any criminal connections in the near future?

I'm a bit nervous still...

Understand the nervous...I haven't a criminal bone in my body...never could get away with anything...always told on myself(and 8 other siblings) growing up 'cuz I felt so guilty("Dad, we went 2 steps past our boundaries")...no wonder my brothers were always putting me in trees and leaving me in the woods!

I have to confess I was the wild child who rode horses bareback and barefoot all summer and "forgot" to come home on time.
I could be a bad influence...

Wink

Side note: I unlocked my twitter account again. Please play nice and if I say anything you want clarification on please give me a shout.

Pigz rule      heh heh

Edit:  Fixed post within quotes.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:30:50 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged
Jasmine_xoxo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2010, 07:54:09 PM »

oh hmm sorry about the mixed up post there, I hope it's decipherable...

4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2010, 07:57:47 PM »

Heather I just want to Welcome you to Scared Monkeys!!!  You're a brave lady!
I don't have any questions because others have asked about the things I was curious about so you've pretty much answered them for me.  I did see the Muddy Boy video and I enjoyed it.  I have sons and although they are grown I think they still like to get dirty, only now its under the hoods of cars and such. LOL

Jasmine_xoxo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2010, 07:59:46 PM »

Heather I just want to Welcome you to Scared Monkeys!!!  You're a brave lady!
I don't have any questions because others have asked about the things I was curious about so you've pretty much answered them for me.  I did see the Muddy Boy video and I enjoyed it.  I have sons and although they are grown I think they still like to get dirty, only now its under the hoods of cars and such. LOL

You should have seen the bathwater that night! Man oh man it was black. But he was a happy little dirty boy & that's all that mattered.

Thanks for the welcome.

Jasmine_xoxo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2010, 08:02:06 PM »

nana the sidenote wasn't just for you ... I meant in general.
you're awfully sweet btw

I just have a migraine so translating what my brain wants me to say thru my fingers is harder right now than normal Razz
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2010, 08:06:02 PM »

Of course, I know blackberry season has come and gone. 

Definitely gloves, blackberries have lots of stickers!

Blackberry season just started here...ours going crazy.
100s of #s just waiting.
nom nom

I gave up blackberry picking as a child ... too hot, too sticky, flying bugs. Eck.

However, I am always available for blackberry pie or cobbler ... with ice cream, please.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »

Of course, I know blackberry season has come and gone. 

Definitely gloves, blackberries have lots of stickers!

Blackberry season just started here...ours going crazy.
100s of #s just waiting.
nom nom

I gave up blackberry picking as a child ... too hot, too sticky, flying bugs. Eck.

However, I am always available for blackberry pie or cobbler ... with ice cream, please.

Ahhhh blackberry cobbler!  We'd go pick em for my gramma, and try soooo hard not to eat more than we'd pick.  lol  There's nothing in the world so tasty as warm b.berry cobbler served with ice cream.  yummmmmm.  IMO.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2010, 10:48:55 PM »

Blackberry Cobbler!  Oh!  Yum! 

How wonderful that blackberry season is going there now!  If I had money, I'd follow blackberry season around the globe!  LOL!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2010, 11:00:22 PM »

My mom used to make us blackberry dumplings...I usually only drool this bad in my sleep.

Heather(aka )my sister was the "horsey" one...still is.  She at one time had to "untrain" our pony from "doing like the cowboys"(take off while mounting) 'cuz I kept falling off...my talents lie elsewhere , I like to bake , been working on recipes for sugar free , whole grain goodies for diabetic hubby.

Thanks for the compliment, my family says I am too nice. ::MonkeyAngel::I can be mean if I try tho... Monkey Devil!

Jasmine_xoxo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2010, 11:21:42 PM »

We'll make Blackberry cobbler and homemade ice cream in honor of the nice Monkeys soon!

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2010, 11:29:30 PM »

We'll make Blackberry cobbler and homemade ice cream in honor of the nice Monkeys soon!

Homemade ice cream !!!

*makes reservations on next flight to Portland*

Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2010, 11:30:14 PM »

Me thinks hubby will be back from road trip tomorrow and he can go get the blackberries(while I am working), I will even let him make jam while I do the pie crust......we'll be in Wenatchee ,WA this weekend...PIE TIME! I could post pictures if you'd like? Hehe

Jasmine_xoxo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2010, 11:40:12 PM »

Nan & Grey -
I'm obsessed with food. I just was tweeting along...merrily...and realized that nearly every tweet was food related.

Hello my name is Heather and I am a food addict.

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2010, 11:50:41 PM »

Nan & Grey -
I'm obsessed with food. I just was tweeting along...merrily...and realized that nearly every tweet was food related.

Hello. My name is Grey, and I am a food addict.

Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2010, 12:09:02 AM »

Nan & Grey -

Hello. My name is Grey, and I am a food addict.

Hello, my name is Mandy , and I am getting fat reading these posts

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2010, 12:36:14 AM »

I hope no one is getting crumbs on the floor. Klaas won't be happy if she comes in here and finds berries, ice cream, bacon, and who-knows-what strewn all over.

Jasmine_xoxo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2010, 12:40:55 AM »

I hope no one is getting crumbs on the floor. Klaas won't be happy if she comes in here and finds berries, ice cream, bacon, and who-knows-what strewn all over.

That's where Jasmine the vacuum cleaner comes into play. Even ancient yellow labs are still good at finding crumbs and she LOVES berries!

Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2010, 01:32:31 AM »

That's where Jasmine the vacuum cleaner comes into play. Even ancient yellow labs are still good at finding crumbs and she LOVES berries!

My Boston Terrier is my vacuum and sounds like a 

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2010, 11:37:51 AM »

Heather just want to say I hope your life gets back to normal ASAP

Our Blackberries were ripe in July and my sister made Jelly and I love it on icecream. At the end of July I bush hogged the bushes down and will probably keep them cut down...They grow wild and have wicked thorns.

I have 60 acres and don't grow anything because there are fruit and veggie stands everywhere . I get the benefits of homegrown without the work it entails. Also have peach and pear trees and they are treats for the donks. I tried watermelons but they didn't grow so have to buy for them for the guys.

I just have great respect for people that live your lifestyle. I have now let some of the pastures revert back to native plants and I scattered native wildflower seeds after talking to a local natural habitat group. Now I have deer, wild turkeys, quail, Bunnies and all sorts of critters and I love to look out and see deer, bunnies and donks all grazing together. Neighbours think I'm NUTS

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.