March 28, 2024, 01:35:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosemont Farm - Heather will answer your questions here  (Read 86074 times)
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2010, 05:43:35 PM »

Heather just want to say I hope your life gets back to normal ASAP

Our Blackberries were ripe in July and my sister made Jelly and I love it on icecream. At the end of July I bush hogged the bushes down and will probably keep them cut down...They grow wild and have wicked thorns.

I have 60 acres and don't grow anything because there are fruit and veggie stands everywhere . I get the benefits of homegrown without the work it entails. Also have peach and pear trees and they are treats for the donks. I tried watermelons but they didn't grow so have to buy for them for the guys.

I just have great respect for people that live your lifestyle. I have now let some of the pastures revert back to native plants and I scattered native wildflower seeds after talking to a local natural habitat group. Now I have deer, wild turkeys, quail, Bunnies and all sorts of critters and I love to look out and see deer, bunnies and donks all grazing together. Neighbours think I'm NUTS

::MonkeyDance::Why be normal?  It's boring! Your place sounds wonderful and peaceful. Who cares what the neighbors think?

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2010, 10:15:40 PM »

Certainly is quiet. Everyone must be at Rosemont farm ... eating ... eating ... and eating.

nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2010, 10:27:01 PM »

Certainly is quiet. Everyone must be at Rosemont farm ... eating ... eating ... and eating.

I wish I were there. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge or property to grow my own food, but I live in a sustainable farming mecca up here. A couple months ago I went to a farm dinner at Dog Mountain Farm. The meal was prepared with ingredients picked and (ahem) caught that day and served outdoors. It was wonderful.

Heather, are are you involved in any ecotourism at your farm? Do you supply any meat to "Bill the Butcher" in Washington State?

http://billthebutcher.us/An_Open_Letter.html
http://www.dogmtnfarm.com/farm%20dinner.htm

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2010, 10:31:08 PM »

i come to check updates and leave hungry
and im getting fond of this pig

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Jasmine_xoxo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2010, 11:55:31 PM »

You guys are cute but not as cute as my dancing piggies

We had a Rosemont pork shoulder roast and homegrown red, white and blue potatoes for dinner tonight.
If I were single I'd marry myself. Dang I can cook Wink

I do not supply to Bill the Butcher, but if he comes to Oregon I will be knocking on his door. I think he is awesome.
I follow him on Facebook and he makes me hungry daily.

We don't do ecotourism at our farm at this point but we do have big plans for the farm someday.
But we take babysteps and hope people will support us in our endeavors to put more into the land than we take out.

In the meantime we eat REALLY well tee hee.

Last year we gave our  wine pressings and they got  and did something like this 

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2010, 02:22:52 AM »

You guys are cute but not as cute as my dancing piggies

We had a Rosemont pork shoulder roast and homegrown red, white and blue potatoes for dinner tonight.
If I were single I'd marry myself. Dang I can cook Wink

I do not supply to Bill the Butcher, but if he comes to Oregon I will be knocking on his door. I think he is awesome.
I follow him on Facebook and he makes me hungry daily.

We don't do ecotourism at our farm at this point but we do have big plans for the farm someday.
But we take babysteps and hope people will support us in our endeavors to put more into the land than we take out.

In the meantime we eat REALLY well tee hee.

Last year we gave our  wine pressings and they got  and did something like this 

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2010, 02:29:09 PM »

Hi Heather-

We met on blinkoncrime.com, in fact at the time I intentionally misspelled your last name to keep the masses from deluge, lol.

I should have known, UBER smart researchers here and on BOC.

I have heard nothing but good things about you, and I know for a fact that YOU called LE and offered for them to search your property, which was very kind on your part. I do believe things will get back to normal for you.

One question- Have you ever met Terri Horman or Rudy Sanchez, the landscaper?

I have spoken to a few locals who have actually hired him on occasion, so I am of the opinion he is fairly well recognized.

Thanks in advance.

Blink
Jasmine_xoxo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2010, 03:30:32 PM »

Hi Heather-

We met on blinkoncrime.com, in fact at the time I intentionally misspelled your last name to keep the masses from deluge, lol.

I should have known, UBER smart researchers here and on BOC.

I have heard nothing but good things about you, and I know for a fact that YOU called LE and offered for them to search your property, which was very kind on your part. I do believe things will get back to normal for you.

One question- Have you ever met Terri Horman or Rudy Sanchez, the landscaper?

I have spoken to a few locals who have actually hired him on occasion, so I am of the opinion he is fairly well recognized.

Thanks in advance.

Blink

Yes you were my first stop hehe Wink
Thanks for trying...but with the amount of tweets out there it was inevitable that this would happen unfortunately.
I *think* we're good now, especially since posting my letter over at the other place and the Q&A here on SM.

I've never met Terri Horman or any member of their family that I know of. Until Kyron went missing I'd never even heard of her.

I do not think I've met Rudy Sanchez, but 3 years ago we did hire a group of random workers to do some blackberry clearing. So who knows really.
I'm finding that the Portland area is smaller than it seems...

Let me know if you have more questions.
Cheers,
Heather

<-- heh

Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2010, 06:02:12 PM »

Hi Heather Smile

I did have one more quetion I forgot to ask. I in no way thinking your involved and I am not blaming you.. I am just curious about what you were gonna do a trade with dede for?
what did she have she lives in a condo? Im trying to figure out what she has to trade and for what??

Thanks Heather, thats my last question

9:31 PM Jun 2nd via web in reply to dedejustdede
@dedejustdede Sunday I hope as long we get our act together to do the trade. Maybe could do it Monday...?

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
Jasmine_xoxo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »

Hi Heather Smile

I did have one more quetion I forgot to ask. I in no way thinking your involved and I am not blaming you.. I am just curious about what you were gonna do a trade with dede for?
what did she have she lives in a condo? Im trying to figure out what she has to trade and for what??

Thanks Heather, thats my last question

9:31 PM Jun 2nd via web in reply to dedejustdede
@dedejustdede Sunday I hope as long we get our act together to do the trade. Maybe could do it Monday...?

I don't think that tweet is from me altho it could have been...and I don't have any way to go that far back in my timeline easily...

We weren't physically trading anything...

Since we have a big farm and about 10,000 sf of gardens, multiple small orchards and tons of animals we need lots of help!
Dede offered to cook for us, help preserve food, work on our farm etc in exchange for learning what and how we do it...

We could have used the help! Still could...but we're not ready to go down that path again so soon hehe!!

Hope that helps?
Jasmine_xoxo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2010, 06:43:46 PM »

OH I remember...

We were trading goat meat from our farm for goat milk from another farm and then I was going to make goat cheese.
Dede was coming over to learn how to make cheese IF "I got my act together and made the trade" for the milk with my goat milk farmer friend.

Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2010, 08:05:27 PM »

OH I remember...

We were trading goat meat from our farm for goat milk from another farm and then I was going to make goat cheese.
Dede was coming over to learn how to make cheese IF "I got my act together and made the trade" for the milk with my goat milk farmer friend.

Thanks Heather that makes perfect sense. I remember her finding the milk ...
  I appreciate your answers Smile

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2010, 10:17:24 AM »

Hi Heather, just checking on you,harvest is soon,just wondering
if farm/your life is back to the norm now
do you have produce stands/litlle farm markets, or do you wholesale
your produce, just wondering you said you had a big farm
my gram had about 140acres,only about 60 was used for animals and
veggie, the rest was wooded and house sit on 3.5, they did some timber too
my gram passed when i was 12,gramps when i was 8, it was hard work
but i did love to go for the 4 wks in summer, a great life learning experience
all kids should have the chance just once to work a farm
very eye opening, to see where the steak,corn,ect. comes from that you eat
and how many hrs a year it takes to get to the public/your own table

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2010, 09:12:08 AM »

Heather, I am so sorry about your Mom!  I pray that she will have successful treatment and a complete recovery. 

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.