April 25, 2024, 02:24:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #22 8/19/10 - 8/21/10  (Read 223390 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2010, 02:38:57 PM »

Do you suppose that because Kyron wasn't doing as well as he should have been in school that Terri lost it? James was sent away, and wasn't doing well in school, and maybe Terri wanted better kids? Just throwing this out there.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2010, 02:42:10 PM »

Sorry, I have to disagree with the discipline thing.  I think what Terri wanted Kaine to do was excessive and not necessary.

Well I disagree with you completely. She was parenting Kyron.

Do you feel it is reasonable to expect perfect behavior in the classroom every day? There are 4 colors of cards. If my (or any other child) had perfect behavior every single day in the classroom, I would find that to be a little strange. We all want our children to be perfect, but if a child gets 29 greens and one card that is the step lower than a green, do we ground them for that (if so, then for how long)? My point is we all have varying parenting styles. There is usually more than one way to get from point A to point B; however, expecting perfection from a child can set up just as many issues as allowing chaos to rule IMO. I have no idea if Terri was too punitive or expected perfection from Kyron. If she wanted excessive consequences for any behavior that was one iota less than perfect, that could be an indicator of other issues. All I can reasonably discern from the article is that Kaine and Terri did not agree on the management of these cards nor on the potential consequences.

To punish a child on a daily basis based on a color card can be detrimental to a childs self-esteem.  After a while the poor kid will question if they can ever do anything right.  

She was in the process (step by step) of getting rid of Kyron one way or another.  The purpose of these steps would lead
to commit Kyron to an institutional facility for Autism.  I would bet my stuffed animals she had that up her sleeve. IMO.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #242 on: August 20, 2010, 02:43:05 PM »

Do you suppose that because Kyron wasn't doing as well as he should have been in school that Terri lost it? James was sent away, and wasn't doing well in school, and maybe Terri wanted better kids? Just throwing this out there.

Or no kids.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #243 on: August 20, 2010, 02:43:57 PM »

Sorry, I have to disagree with the discipline thing.  I think what Terri wanted Kaine to do was excessive and not necessary.

Do you feel it is reasonable to expect perfect behavior in the classroom every day? There are 4 colors of cards. If my (or any other child) had perfect behavior every single day in the classroom, I would find that to be a little strange. We all want our children to be perfect, but if a child gets 29 greens and one card that is the step lower than a green, do we ground them for that (if so, then for how long)? My point is we all have varying parenting styles. There is usually more than one way to get from point A to point B; however, expecting perfection from a child can set up just as many issues as allowing chaos to rule IMO. I have no idea if Terri was too punitive or expected perfection from Kyron. If she wanted excessive consequences for any behavior that was one iota less than perfect, that could be an indicator of other issues. All I can reasonably discern from the article is that Kaine and Terri did not agree on the management of these cards nor on the potential consequences.

Just as it is in the real world, a child should be held accountable for their behavior, whether that behavior is good or bad. I do expect my children to pay attention in class, listen to the teacher, not act out, not talk, etc... They get the best grades they are capible of getting, and do not get into trouble. As their mother, it is my responsibilty to not be their friend, but to parent them and teach them the rules in life and what is right and what is wrong. Again, if Terri was hitting Kyron or locking him up for getting a yellow card that is one thing but I just can't agree she was being harsh for holding him responsible.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #244 on: August 20, 2010, 02:44:54 PM »

What agenda does Kaine have besides seeing his son returned safely to him?  Please tell me, I would really like to know!

I dunno.  What do we really know about Kaine?  Only what HE wants us to know about.  While he drags out every dirty deed anyone can think of or twist about Terri, while he remains Mr. Clean.  It's not enough to convince me he does or doesn't have an agenda.  More info about him is needed.

It's like walking into a fistfight between two people in middle school.  Are we gonna believe the first and only thing that comes out of one of their mouths?  No!  We're gonna try to seperate the two fighters, each to their corners, get the FULL story, and try to figure it out from there. 

Would love to have such a lengthy article written about Kaine himself, his attitudes, his experiences in life, who he is as a man/husband/father/friend.  Complete with views from his family/friends/coworkers/neighbors.  Maybe with more info about Kaine as the man he actually is, we might be able to reach an honest unbiased conclusion about both he and Terri.  I might even <gasp> fully AGREE with Kaine regarding Terri. 

But what do we have right now?  ONLY what HE himself is allowing the world to know about him and about Terri.  And that's it in a nutshell.    IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #245 on: August 20, 2010, 02:46:42 PM »

After reading the Oregonian article, I think of the differences between my parenting and my ex's. I am definitely the disciplinarian, and I feel TV does more harm than good for children so I take that away completely first and I like to stay on top of any behavioral issues at school as well. My ex will allow hours on end on the TV for it to babysit the children and I know enough from my studies that this is damaging to children. An individual with their Master's in Education would also know this. I attribute many attention problems with video and television over-usage. I also keep on top of things at school as I have seen a few things get out of control prior to my being notified, such as others bullying my child. This makes me, in my opinon, a good mom. If she disliked the child, she would not care so much. My ex would probably tell people I am too strict, angry, a bitch etc etc as well, but I have some of the best behaved and well adjusted children. Even my step children have applauded my ways, knowing it all came from love that I pushed everyone for their own personal best. That's me and how I operate. I am still very close with my ex's children, speaking to and visiting with them weekly even after all of my strict ways and divorcing their father and they are teenagers and a 20 yr old. They owe nothing to me, I am dad's ex, that's all.
My reasons for pointing this out is how easily others such as my ex could villafy me. By the way, I get angry some times too. I even verbally discipline others children when they are at my home. Oh goodness, call child services.... a mom is correcting inappropriate behavior. Oh, and I took away TV for a whole school term for getting C's and not paying attention in class. Guess what? No more C's on the next report card..................Oh, and after the birth of my infant, I too got abrupt with my step-children, but I also cried hysterically at the TV news whenever it was sad. We all experience post partum hormonal fluctuation, some to different degrees.
I am not saying Terri was not involved. I am saying to ascertain such from this article would be to also ascertain that I would be capable of such and I most certainly am not. Did I mention I too am a gym rat?

Yep, holding a kid responsible does not make a mom a bad person so I agree with you. Now if Terri was hitting Kyron or locking him into a cupboard, then that shows signs of abuse, but holding him accountable is not a sign of abuse. imo

I think what Kaine was trying to point out was that Terri was the only parent in that class who felt the need to ask for daily updates, instead of going with the teacher's habit of weekly updates.   You have to ask yourself why did Terri need a daily accounting when all the other parents were fine with the weekly accounting.  Plus he said if something serious behavior wise occurred the teacher called the parent that day.  I think Terri was overboard in her disciplining of Kyron and I think she did it not to help him, but to belittle him and make him dislike the school.  School was something Kyron loved..even riding the bus.

And funny her own bio son James was having problems in school and she certainly found a way to remedy that problem..send him away...yet tell everyone else it was because he and Kaine didn't get along.  And there we see another huge lie of Terri's to family and friends..about her son..how do you think that lie made James feel ..his own mother lying about her reasons for removing him from her home?   

Terri seems to use overboard responses to everyday problems.  Kaine and she not getting along..put out a hit on him.

Teenage son not doing well in school and arguing with her..remove him from the home.

Leaving first husband..lets tell everyone he was an addict and had AIDS. 

This woman is not using any kind of normal sense of reasoning in response to her problems..she just seems to eliminate the problem..and that is what bothers me in Kyron's disappearance.

Terri seems very zealous in her problem solving when she wants someone or something in life..and then also when she doesn't want them in her life the same zealousness in the opposite extreme occurs.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: August 20, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »

To punish a child on a daily basis based on a color card can be detrimental to a childs self-esteem.  After a while the poor kid will question if they can ever do anything right.  

She was in the process (step by step) of getting rid of Kyron one way or another.  The purpose of these steps would lead
to commit Kyron to an institutional facility for Autism.  I would bet my stuffed animals she had that up her sleeve. IMO.
oh my...
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #247 on: August 20, 2010, 02:47:19 PM »

I don't know but it seems she wanted him punished harsher than Kaine did.  She's the step-parent and Kaine should have had the final say in that matter.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #248 on: August 20, 2010, 02:48:04 PM »

The KATU article ... for the most part ... is an overview of Jason Name Redacted's letter to the Oregonian.  However ... the impression is that that an interview took place.

Today's profile of Terri Horman in the Oregonian ... is nothing but a compilation of quotes that has been out there since the getgo.

The local media knows nothing!!

I wish that reporters were beating a path to the door of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Department ... demanding an update on the direction of the investigation into the disappearance Kyron.  I know reporters agreed to be Kaine Horman's team players but ... I wish they hadn't.

Other than one small release on the Multnomah County Sheriff's Department website ... LE has silently stood by and allowed Terri Horman and DeDe Spicher to be the focus of serious accusations by Desiree and Kain as well as media unnamed "credible sources" while not declaring either one of them as a person of interest in the case.

Last night I thought long and hard about the reporting of this case and ... have come to the conclusion that Terri Horman and DeDe Spicher have been tried and convicted in the public arena ... me included ... through the accusations of Kaine and Desiree and unnamed "credible sources".

Something is terribly wrong and ... I am sooo troubled.

Janet

I fully agree, Janet. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #249 on: August 20, 2010, 02:49:07 PM »

I have got to comment on the mark system from the school and Terri's behavior toward this. My daughter gets the colored dot system and has since kindergarten. She has also been diagnosed ADD with anxiety and Pica disorders. (firm believer this all comes from living with her bio parents). During kindergarten she received several red marks, I kept asking her why, after the 3rd time I called the school to speak with the teacher, no call back. The following day she again received a red mark. Sammi said the same thing "I don't know" Well I went to the room to talk to the teacher. The teacher was very belligerent and asked if I had not talked to Sammi. After pulling the info from her, she had told Sammi to take the pencil out of her mouth, after that every day that she saw Sammi with the pencil in her mouth she gave her a red mark, said that she knew she was not suppose to have the pencil in her mouth she should not have to remind her every day. After I saw the pencils, she was not putting the pencil in her mouth, she was eating them from the erasers down and had eaten 4 pencils. I asked the teacher if she had any idea of what Pica was. At this time I requested that a note accompany any mark other than a green mark. Had to fight with the whole school system over this. During any of Sammi's re-evaluations for ADD and other disorders I have to have very close communications with the teachers. If Terri thought that Kyron was having issues I feel she was doing right by staying up with it on a daily basis.
               During 2nd grade Sammi got into the habit of picking her nose and eating it. I found out about this because she was crying after school one day because none of the other kids would have anything to do with her. I went to the school the next morning and found out that this had been going on for weeks. She did not do it at home because she did not feel the anxiety that she felt at school. But because after several weeks the teacher did not see fit to tell the parent Sammi was shunned by her school mates.

One other thing I wanted to hit on, in the story about Terri I wonder if the whole pregnancy was a bad emotional deal. Kaine said in the article that the pregnancy was a shock to him as he thought they were NOT going to have children.

Not defending what she may have done to Kyron on June 4th. Only defending her right to question the teacher on the behavioral issues.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Justamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #250 on: August 20, 2010, 02:49:14 PM »

After reading the OL article I am wondering about Kaine's business trip to CA they referenced.  I remember (near the beginning of this disappearance) giving some thought to a possiblity that the CA trip planned for this summer indicated a possible move and that Terri may NOT have been okay w/ relocation.
IMO
P
btw, Good Morning, Monkeys.

Good morning Tolerance!

I think Terri was not o. k. with a lot of things. 
I can't understand why she was so focused on Kyron's daily color cards.
Did she want to use this to complain to Kaine about him...have Kaine on his case too?   

Because if Kyron were to "misbehave" in school it would reflect bad on her???

I'm sure he was punished when he didn't get his greens.

Consider if you will, the SOURCE of this information about the discipline is Kaine Horman.

Why would he lie?  I have a hard time seeing Terri as this poor put upon "victim" of Kaine Horman.  So the man has faults, so does Terri and PLENTY OF THEM!  Terri is the one who couldn't have given a rats a** that her stepson was missing, no in fact she was complaining to Desiree about her hair do. 

Kaine Horman has his own agenda just like everyone does.  I have an agenda so do you, so did my dear sweet departed grandmother.  I don't know why KH would lie.  I don't know IF KH is lying.  I do know that a person can tell the truth and ADD to it, change the truth, STRETCH the truth to fit what their particular agenda may be.

I do find it interesting that some people are so quick to dismiss KH's faults and focus on Terri's.  This investigation could have taken an entirely different flavor with a different media spin.

In the end, I don't care about any of it I just want to see Kyron found.  One way or another and there doesn't seem to be much effort spent on behalf of the media to offer up any good ideas on how to LOOK for him.

A good friend of mine made an excellent point the other day, he said; "You can't find something if you aren't LOOKING for it."

Excellent advise I think.

I am trying to be objective. I think there is still a possibility that Terri is a completely horrible person but didn't do anything to Kyron.

I couldn't have said it better.  I have also been saying this since the first time I saw Terri in that original press conference;  She's not someone I would want to hang around, she's not the personality type I usually am drawn to in a friend BUT even at that I want to see the evidence, NOT the bitter innuendo from a former mate.

Having written that though, I will say that in that article I did notice a theme...I was going to go back and count how many times the word CONTROL was used in describing Terri.  I found that interesting.

I have read HUNDREDS of posts about how Kaine is controlling BUT in that article I would say I have to believe what this wide variety of people are saying...when that large of an assortment of people offer their accounting freely and again and again nearly all of them say basically, "She was VERY much in CONTROL" then to me that means something.

Someone who is in control doesn't change, (Usually, moo).  When people who demand control like that are OUT of control they do in fact become OUT of control.  She may have met her match in Kaine, two strong willed people living in the same household and she just couldn't stand it.

That said, if she's responsible for this then this was very, very well planned out.  A former co-worker of hers said she had her lesson plans laid out for days in advance.

The Science fair wasn't a fluke, it wasn't a surprise it was PLANNED.  She would have known that it would be chaotic.

In control.

Hmmmmm....
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #251 on: August 20, 2010, 02:49:47 PM »

After reading the Oregonian article, I think of the differences between my parenting and my ex's. I am definitely the disciplinarian, and I feel TV does more harm than good for children so I take that away completely first and I like to stay on top of any behavioral issues at school as well. My ex will allow hours on end on the TV for it to babysit the children and I know enough from my studies that this is damaging to children. An individual with their Master's in Education would also know this. I attribute many attention problems with video and television over-usage. I also keep on top of things at school as I have seen a few things get out of control prior to my being notified, such as others bullying my child. This makes me, in my opinon, a good mom. If she disliked the child, she would not care so much. My ex would probably tell people I am too strict, angry, a bitch etc etc as well, but I have some of the best behaved and well adjusted children. Even my step children have applauded my ways, knowing it all came from love that I pushed everyone for their own personal best. That's me and how I operate. I am still very close with my ex's children, speaking to and visiting with them weekly even after all of my strict ways and divorcing their father and they are teenagers and a 20 yr old. They owe nothing to me, I am dad's ex, that's all.
My reasons for pointing this out is how easily others such as my ex could villafy me. By the way, I get angry some times too. I even verbally discipline others children when they are at my home. Oh goodness, call child services.... a mom is correcting inappropriate behavior. Oh, and I took away TV for a whole school term for getting C's and not paying attention in class. Guess what? No more C's on the next report card..................Oh, and after the birth of my infant, I too got abrupt with my step-children, but I also cried hysterically at the TV news whenever it was sad. We all experience post partum hormonal fluctuation, some to different degrees.
I am not saying Terri was not involved. I am saying to ascertain such from this article would be to also ascertain that I would be capable of such and I most certainly am not. Did I mention I too am a gym rat?

Yep, holding a kid responsible does not make a mom a bad person so I agree with you. Now if Terri was hitting Kyron or locking him into a cupboard, then that shows signs of abuse, but holding him accountable is not a sign of abuse. imo

I think what Kaine was trying to point out was that Terri was the only parent in that class who felt the need to ask for daily updates, instead of going with the teacher's habit of weekly updates.   You have to ask yourself why did Terri need a daily accounting when all the other parents were fine with the weekly accounting.  Plus he said if something serious behavior wise occurred the teacher called the parent that day.  I think Terri was overboard in her disciplining of Kyron and I think she did it not to help him, but to belittle him and make him dislike the school.  School was something Kyron loved..even riding the bus.

And funny her own bio son James was having problems in school and she certainly found a way to remedy that problem..send him away...yet tell everyone else it was because he and Kaine didn't get along.  And there we see another huge lie of Terri's to family and friends..about her son..how do you think that lie made James feel ..his own mother lying about her reasons for removing him from her home?   

Terri seems to use overboard responses to everyday problems.  Kaine and she not getting along..put out a hit on him.

Teenage son not doing well in school and arguing with her..remove him from the home.

Leaving first husband..lets tell everyone he was an addict and had AIDS. 

This woman is not using any kind of normal sense of reasoning in response to her problems..she just seems to eliminate the problem..and that is what bothers me in Kyron's disappearance.

Terri seems very zealous in her problem solving when she wants someone or something in life..and then also when she doesn't want them in her life the same zealousness in the opposite extreme occurs.

Damn!  No wonder the kid was shy and timid!  He probably had to walk on eggshells around her!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: August 20, 2010, 02:51:04 PM »

They have not held a press conference in weeks!  They were asked for their opinions on Terri and gave them!  What purpose does it serve them to lie?

I do not think for one minute that Kaine and Desiree have lied regarding what they have stated in their exclusive interviews.  They have revealed their interpretation of what is going on behind the scenes in the investigation.  However ... I do believe there are underlying dynamics that took place leading up to the disappearance of Kyron that are being concealed.

txlisa ... your speculations regarding those unknown dynamics are all about casting a negative light on Terri.  Considering you were not the proverbial fly on the Horman was ..  did it ever occur to you that Kaine may have been the negative link in the chain of events that led to the happenings of June 4, 2010.

That being said ... if Terri is behind the disappearance of her stepson ... she must be held accountable.  There is no justification for making a personal choice to disappear a little boy.

Janet

++++++

MULTNOMAH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE HAS NO COMMENTS REGARDING THE JULY 8, 2010 YOUNG/HORMAN PRESS CONFERENCES
Posted: July 8th, 2010 6:48 PM

There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported during the Horman/Young July 8, 2010 press conferences.   The information released during these conferences did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.  This is an ongoing investigation.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

Little Boy Lost
Report airs Monday, July 26, 10 p.m./9 C on Dateline NBC
by Kate Snow
NBC News
updated 7/26/2010 6:51:10 PM ET

TRANSCRIPT

DESIREE YOUNG: Unfortunately, Kaine was not faithful to me and met another woman.

KATE SNOW: That was Terri?

DESIREE YOUNG: Mm-hmm.

KATE SNOW: So all of the sudden you know that there's another woman. You're eight months pregnant.

DESIREE YOUNG: Yeah.

KATE SNOW: Must have been a low point in your life.

DESIREE YOUNG: Yeah. It was pretty hard to handle. I cried solid for two months and didn't leave the bedroom because I didn't understand why she somehow equated to something that was better than me and my son.

Kaine, however, insists that he and Desiree had broken up before he stated seeing Terri, agreeing to live separate lives under the same roof just until their baby came along.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38420266
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:57:16 PM by klaasend » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #253 on: August 20, 2010, 02:52:31 PM »

oh my...

Tracygirl, my theory may sound a bit imaginative, but look at SM, she is cunning.  She had plans for the child. IMO

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: August 20, 2010, 02:52:34 PM »

SELF EDIT - MY LAST POST

are not being concealed s/b are being concealed

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: August 20, 2010, 02:54:35 PM »

I have got to comment on the mark system from the school and Terri's behavior toward this. My daughter gets the colored dot system and has since kindergarten. She has also been diagnosed ADD with anxiety and Pica disorders. (firm believer this all comes from living with her bio parents). During kindergarten she received several red marks, I kept asking her why, after the 3rd time I called the school to speak with the teacher, no call back. The following day she again received a red mark. Sammi said the same thing "I don't know" Well I went to the room to talk to the teacher. The teacher was very belligerent and asked if I had not talked to Sammi. After pulling the info from her, she had told Sammi to take the pencil out of her mouth, after that every day that she saw Sammi with the pencil in her mouth she gave her a red mark, said that she knew she was not suppose to have the pencil in her mouth she should not have to remind her every day. After I saw the pencils, she was not putting the pencil in her mouth, she was eating them from the erasers down and had eaten 4 pencils. I asked the teacher if she had any idea of what Pica was. At this time I requested that a note accompany any mark other than a green mark. Had to fight with the whole school system over this. During any of Sammi's re-evaluations for ADD and other disorders I have to have very close communications with the teachers. If Terri thought that Kyron was having issues I feel she was doing right by staying up with it on a daily basis.
               During 2nd grade Sammi got into the habit of picking her nose and eating it. I found out about this because she was crying after school one day because none of the other kids would have anything to do with her. I went to the school the next morning and found out that this had been going on for weeks. She did not do it at home because she did not feel the anxiety that she felt at school. But because after several weeks the teacher did not see fit to tell the parent Sammi was shunned by her school mates.

One other thing I wanted to hit on, in the story about Terri I wonder if the whole pregnancy was a bad emotional deal. Kaine said in the article that the pregnancy was a shock to him as he thought they were NOT going to have children.

Not defending what she may have done to Kyron on June 4th. Only defending her right to question the teacher on the behavioral issues.
an angelic monkey oh my, Pica is a terrible thing, we had a family member with this. May I please ask, is this card system used with all children, or with children with learning problems? The reason I ask is, did Kyron have learning problems?
Justamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2010, 02:55:54 PM »

After reading about this color coding system I have some serious doubts about my own parenting ability.  WOW, I'm LAZY.

I think that expecting perfect behavior out of a second grader every single day of the week is completely unrealistic.

Maybe I shouldn't be so laid back.  BREAD AND WATER TONIGHT! 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #257 on: August 20, 2010, 02:56:58 PM »

After reading the OL article I am wondering about Kaine's business trip to CA they referenced.  I remember (near the beginning of this disappearance) giving some thought to a possiblity that the CA trip planned for this summer indicated a possible move and that Terri may NOT have been okay w/ relocation.
IMO
P
btw, Good Morning, Monkeys.

Good morning Tolerance!

I think Terri was not o. k. with a lot of things. 
I can't understand why she was so focused on Kyron's daily color cards.
Did she want to use this to complain to Kaine about him...have Kaine on his case too?   

Because if Kyron were to "misbehave" in school it would reflect bad on her???

I'm sure he was punished when he didn't get his greens.

Consider if you will, the SOURCE of this information about the discipline is Kaine Horman.

Why would he lie?  I have a hard time seeing Terri as this poor put upon "victim" of Kaine Horman.  So the man has faults, so does Terri and PLENTY OF THEM!  Terri is the one who couldn't have given a rats a** that her stepson was missing, no in fact she was complaining to Desiree about her hair do. 

Kaine Horman has his own agenda just like everyone does.  I have an agenda so do you, so did my dear sweet departed grandmother.  I don't know why KH would lie.  I don't know IF KH is lying.  I do know that a person can tell the truth and ADD to it, change the truth, STRETCH the truth to fit what their particular agenda may be.

I do find it interesting that some people are so quick to dismiss KH's faults and focus on Terri's.  This investigation could have taken an entirely different flavor with a different media spin.

In the end, I don't care about any of it I just want to see Kyron found.  One way or another and there doesn't seem to be much effort spent on behalf of the media to offer up any good ideas on how to LOOK for him.

A good friend of mine made an excellent point the other day, he said; "You can't find something if you aren't LOOKING for it."

Excellent advise I think.

I am trying to be objective. I think there is still a possibility that Terri is a completely horrible person but didn't do anything to Kyron.

I couldn't have said it better.  I have also been saying this since the first time I saw Terri in that original press conference;  She's not someone I would want to hang around, she's not the personality type I usually am drawn to in a friend BUT even at that I want to see the evidence, NOT the bitter innuendo from a former mate.

Having written that though, I will say that in that article I did notice a theme...I was going to go back and count how many times the word CONTROL was used in describing Terri.  I found that interesting.

I have read HUNDREDS of posts about how Kaine is controlling BUT in that article I would say I have to believe what this wide variety of people are saying...when that large of an assortment of people offer their accounting freely and again and again nearly all of them say basically, "She was VERY much in CONTROL" then to me that means something.

Someone who is in control doesn't change, (Usually, moo).  When people who demand control like that are OUT of control they do in fact become OUT of control.  She may have met her match in Kaine, two strong willed people living in the same household and she just couldn't stand it.

That said, if she's responsible for this then this was very, very well planned out.  A former co-worker of hers said she had her lesson plans laid out for days in advance.

The Science fair wasn't a fluke, it wasn't a surprise it was PLANNED.  She would have known that it would be chaotic.

In control.

Hmmmmm....

SM at the news conference Rolling Eyes

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #258 on: August 20, 2010, 02:58:41 PM »

[/quote] an angelic monkey oh my, Pica is a terrible thing, we had a family member with this. May I please ask, is this card system used with all children, or with children with learning problems? The reason I ask is, did Kyron have learning problems?
[/quote]

In our school it is an every child thing. Sammi does not have any "learning" problems, only the behavioral problems. The anxiety issue causes her to not do well on time test though. Thank God she is almost out of the Pica. She had what the dr.s called a mild case. But she has eaten everything from change to stuffing out of pillows! Still has some issues with it, but have found that chewing gum helps a lot.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: August 20, 2010, 02:58:42 PM »

After reading about this color coding system I have some serious doubts about my own parenting ability.  WOW, I'm LAZY.

I think that expecting perfect behavior out of a second grader every single day of the week is completely unrealistic.

Maybe I shouldn't be so laid back.  BREAD AND WATER TONIGHT! 
I wish that I would have been more strict, grade school was all fine, high school that was a whole other issue    I also think it is normal in a household where one parent is stricter then the other and have different ideas on parenting and discipline.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.